PDA

View Full Version : Pig Brown as a pro prospect

'Hamas' Jenkins
12-09-2007, 11:41 PM
Does he project? He seems to have adequate size for a safety (5'11", 200) and speed (4.5), and he appears to have intangibles, at least on the college level.

Thoughts?

Bowser
12-09-2007, 11:42 PM
How serious was his knee injury?

PastorMikH
12-09-2007, 11:44 PM
He has the physical stats. He was also a major player on a team that has a number of players that have gone on to play in the NFL over the last few years.

I think he'll be picked somewhere just into the second day and probably at least make a roster.

'Hamas' Jenkins
12-09-2007, 11:45 PM
How serious was his knee injury?

It was a torn Achilles.

Mecca
12-09-2007, 11:47 PM
Torn Achillies......does the name Tai Streets ring a bell? He was a productive WR in the NFL, but didn't get drafted until the 7th round because of that injury.

'Hamas' Jenkins
12-09-2007, 11:48 PM
Torn Achillies......does the name Tai Streets ring a bell? He was a productive WR in the NFL, but didn't get drafted until the 7th round because of that injury.

I remember him. Drafted by the 9ers. Went to UCLA, IIRC.

PastorMikH
12-09-2007, 11:48 PM
It was a torn Achilles.

I forgot about the severity or type of injury.

He MIGHT get picked up really late by someone with hopes that he recovers.

Coach
12-09-2007, 11:50 PM
I forgot about the severity or type of injury.

He MIGHT get picked up really late by someone with hopes that he recovers.

Assumes he does, which I hope he does. Kimble Anders injury was a achilles IIRC, and he was finished after that.

jjchieffan
12-09-2007, 11:51 PM
Because of his injuy, I wouldnt be surprised to see him go undrafted, and then Herm bring him in as a cfa.

PastorMikH
12-09-2007, 11:53 PM
Assumes he does, which I hope he does. Kimble Anders injury was a achilles IIRC, and he was finished after that.

Actually, with Kimble age hurt as well. Didn't DV have Priest when Kimble tried to come back with the Chiefs? Once he left, how many teams are going to give a guy that has never really played at RB a chance at 32-34 who is trying to come back from an achilles tear?

Mr. Kotter
12-10-2007, 12:15 AM
That Achilles injury will doom him to late round/FA hopes. I can see Herm taking him late, or making him a priority for a tryout to make the roster and contribute, at least intially, on STs...

:shrug:

Demonpenz
12-10-2007, 12:37 AM
was it rupsured?

Pablo
12-10-2007, 12:38 AM
was it rupsured?Your grammar is. ;)

Eleazar
12-10-2007, 12:40 AM
was it rupsured?

Yeah

Demonpenz
12-10-2007, 12:53 AM
**** true story my dad has a rupsured achelles he can't use and hasn't used his calf for 8 years. He rather just go without it isntead of being off work for 6 months in a full leg cast. What a tough and also dumb mother ****er. He got it when he was weed wacking and struck a bees nest collapses in front room i walk in to him passed out bees start stinging me i freaking roll up his shorts and there were bees all over his ass and in his private area's it was a day to remember. So the ambulance comes over I told him to check out the ankle they don't say anything he walks and bowls on that same ankle for a couple months then he goes to the doctor and the doctor is like holy crap how are you walking.

Pitt Gorilla
12-10-2007, 01:08 AM
He was very good at diagnosing plays, but that injury will hurt his draft rating.

thebrad84
12-10-2007, 01:16 AM
**** true story my dad has a rupsured achelles he can't use and hasn't used his calf for 8 years. He rather just go without it isntead of being off work for 6 months in a full leg cast. What a tough and also dumb mother ****er. He got it when he was weed wacking and struck a bees nest collapses in front room i walk in to him passed out bees start stinging me i freaking roll up his shorts and there were bees all over his ass and in his private area's it was a day to remember. So the ambulance comes over I told him to check out the ankle they don't say anything he walks and bowls on that same ankle for a couple months then he goes to the doctor and the doctor is like holy crap how are you walking.

Wow, that sounds truly awful. Curious, how did he rupture his achelles? Falling down? Running away? Did the weed wacker play a part (ouch)?

Demonpenz
12-10-2007, 01:29 AM
he rolled his ankle. I guess. The bees ended up losing though I guess gasoline kills bees my neighbor came over and killed every last one of those bees this was back in 2000 though before the b shortage

El Jefe
12-10-2007, 10:52 AM
I remember him. Drafted by the 9ers. Went to UCLA, IIRC.

No Streets played at Michigan.

chagrin
12-10-2007, 10:59 AM

6th round, #2
he never did better than 756 yards in a season - he wasn't very good. Even as a Michigan fan, him, David Terrell, Marquise Walker - all sucked at the pro level.

Bowser
12-10-2007, 11:17 AM
It was a torn Achilles.

That's right.

I think it will affect his status, dropping him to a second day pick. He probably won't be "right" until 2009, if ever again. Too bad, because he was looking like a player in the making.

RP_McMurphy
12-10-2007, 11:37 AM
Reggie Hayward starting DE for the Jaguars had the same type of injury last year on opening day against the Cowboys and hasn't regained his speed yet. Injuries like this take 2 years to fully recover. He will be drafted by a team willing to take a injury risk. For instance this year the Jaguars drafted DE Brian Smith from Missouri and have him on IR due to his college injury. Sometimes you have to take risks to get rewards.

crazycoffey
12-10-2007, 12:15 PM
The bees ended up losing though I guess gasoline kills bees.....

you poured gas on your dad's ass and private areas?

Chief Chief
12-10-2007, 12:21 PM
It would be most appropriate if he switched to baseball and played for the Nippon Ham Fighters.