PDA

View Full Version : Miami Dolphins 0-13!!! Wow!

thebrad84
12-10-2007, 12:47 AM
What do you all think, does Cincy play "spoiler" to the 'perfect' record, 0-16, much like the Chiefs playing spoiler to the Chargers in their 2000 run for historical crapiness. I think it's the only shot Miami has left at missing out on a feat I doubt any team will ever accomplish, having both a team that went undefeated in a regular season and a team that failed to post a single win in a regular season.

BTW, here's the Dophins remaining schedule
Dec. 16 BALTIMORE RAVENS
Dec. 23 at New England Patriots
Dec. 30 CINCINNATI BENGALS

While I know the Ravens are definately not a 'force to be reckoned with,' I can't imagine the Dolphins winning next week. I won't even discuss the Pats game, so that leaves the Bunguls as being the remaining possible spoiler.

Thoughts?

ChiefsCountry
12-10-2007, 12:48 AM
Dolphins will end the Pats streak. Oh the irony in that one.

Micjones
12-10-2007, 12:48 AM
I think Baltimore's their best chance at getting a "W" before the season's over.

Micjones
12-10-2007, 12:49 AM
Dolphins will end the Pats streak. Oh the irony in that one.

Shiiiiiiiiieeeeett....
The Pats might hang 70 on the board.

thebrad84
12-10-2007, 12:53 AM
I think Baltimore's their best chance at getting a "W" before the season's over.

Really? Not that the Ravens have impressed me in the least bit, but I just don't see a physical team like the Ravens letting the lifeless Dolphin's get their only victory against them. But, it is the NFL, and that's why the play the games..

el borracho
12-10-2007, 12:53 AM
I think they defy the odds and go winless.

Micjones
12-10-2007, 12:57 AM
Really? Not that the Ravens have impressed me in the least bit, but I just don't see a physical team like the Ravens letting the lifeless Dolphin's get their only victory against them. But, it is the NFL, and that's why the play the games..

Baltimore is pretty punchless offensively.
It won't be easy, but this is their best chance left to win a game I think.

thebrad84
12-10-2007, 12:58 AM
If I'm not mistaken, if the Dolphin's do end up winless, wouldn't they be the second team to do so in modern NFL history? 1976 Bucs is the only one that I know of.

FloridaMan88
12-10-2007, 12:58 AM
The Dolphins beat Herm's Chiefs in the preseason and probably would beat Herm now as well

Discuss Thrower
12-10-2007, 12:59 AM
Be the first 0-16 team, I'm almost certain.

morphius
12-10-2007, 01:00 AM
It is a shame the Pats Fins game wasn't the 16th game of the year, could make for a great game in history. Still should be fun.

thebrad84
12-10-2007, 01:04 AM
Baltimore is pretty punchless offensively.
It won't be easy, but this is their best chance left to win a game I think.
For much of the season I would agree with you on this, however, Baltimore really showed signs of life against the Pats last week. McGahee went off against the Pats, so there is nothing that leads me to believe that won't be the case against the Dolphins. The Dolphins, mind you, did just make the apathetic Bills look like an offensive juggernaut yesterday, allowing the Bills to have two RB's rush for over 100yds a piece.

Wa-Z
12-10-2007, 01:05 AM
Too bad they don't play us this year...it might've been a good game!!

thebrad84
12-10-2007, 01:07 AM
Too bad they don't play us this year...it might've been a good game!!
ROFL

What's really sad is, it probably would be a nailbiter. Can you imagine the attendance, no matter what field the game was played on...im thinking it would be the makings of a historical low.

morphius
12-10-2007, 01:10 AM
Well, we know the unbeaten Dolphins team always pop champagne when a the last unbeaten team loses, I have to wonder if these guys will crack open a Schlitz every time the last team that hadn't won a game wins one.

Rain Man
12-10-2007, 01:13 AM
If they go 0-16, I wonder if the fans can make a deal with the media to never mention the 0-16 team in exchange for also never mentioning the 14-0 team.

bigbucks24
12-10-2007, 01:18 AM
As a Dolphin fan, this season has been extremely painful. I have a bad feeling that we go 0-16. We looked terrible against the Jests and the Jills. Some of the Vets (Jason Taylor and Marty Booker) seemed to have quit on Cam. After the last 2 weeks, I don't see us winning a game. Hopefully, H. Wayne lets Cam stick around for another year (3 HC's in 3 years would suck) and we ship off a few malcontents. Would you guys like a pass rushing DE that was the DPOY? If you guys think you have it bad, try being a Fin fan.

thebrad84
12-10-2007, 01:19 AM
If they go 0-16, I wonder if the fans can make a deal with the media to never mention the 0-16 team in exchange for also never mentioning the 14-0 team.

Something tells me that 14-0 talk will be all over with after season's end. 16-0 will be making headlines..unfortunately.

bigbucks24
12-10-2007, 01:21 AM
Rain Man
Did you do the art work yourself? Very nice. If Randy and Cam do this again next year, I may have to hire you to make me an avatar.

el borracho
12-10-2007, 01:28 AM
As a Dolphin fan, this season has been extremely painful. I have a bad feeling that we go 0-16. We looked terrible against the Jests and the Jills. Some of the Vets (Jason Taylor and Marty Booker) seemed to have quit on Cam. After the last 2 weeks, I don't see us winning a game. Hopefully, H. Wayne lets Cam stick around for another year (3 HC's in 3 years would suck) and we ship off a few malcontents. Would you guys like a pass rushing DE that was the DPOY? If you guys think you have it bad, try being a Fin fan.
At some point losing seasons stop being painful and just bemuse me- usually, when I truly accept the fact that the team sucks. Hope next year is kinder to you. :toast:

bigbucks24
12-10-2007, 01:39 AM
At some point losing seasons stop being painful and just bemuse me- usually, when I truly accept the fact that the team sucks. Hope next year is kinder to you. :toast:
You are right, the anger is gone. But it has ruined any interest in football this year. I just can't seem to get up for any of the games--either Miami ones or other games of interest. That might be sadder than the Fins losing. It's ruined a good football season.

And thanks for the kind words. And use that 5th rounder for something good. With our lack of talent, we could use another pick. It's a high 5th rounder (we locked up the #1 choice today) so it should be a solid pick.

Extra Point
12-10-2007, 01:42 AM
I want Cameron to host Shula to after the season's over, to toast Bellichik.

Rain Man
12-10-2007, 03:38 AM
Rain Man
Did you do the art work yourself? Very nice. If Randy and Cam do this again next year, I may have to hire you to make me an avatar.

That is indeed my work. I had a burst of inspiration.

chiefqueen
12-10-2007, 12:24 PM
I told the queenmum to tell her boss (who's a Ravens season tix holder BTW) that Balt. will lose to Miami on Sun.

FWIW if one of the fin's last games were against KC, I think Miami would win.

crazycoffey
12-10-2007, 12:27 PM
They'll beat the pats, Murphy told me.

Amnorix
12-10-2007, 12:29 PM
Dolphins might be, overall, the least talented NFL team I've ever seen, and I saw some real crap teams in NE back in the day. :eek:

Losing Ronnie Brown was about the final straw for their offense. Now, it's Larry, Moe nad Curly out there trying to win on offense. It's embarassing.

StcChief
12-10-2007, 12:38 PM
Baltimore at home is their best shot. IMO

FringeNC
12-10-2007, 12:39 PM
Believe it or not, the Chiefs have been dominated more than the Dolphins this year. Dolphins have a net yards per play (O-D) of -.7. We tied for last with SF at -.9.

Amnorix
12-10-2007, 01:00 PM

I'll take Jason Taylor. Love to have him. He's a bit old, but he'd be a brutal OLB in a 3-4.

RP_McMurphy
12-10-2007, 01:06 PM
I was once a Dolphins fan but I left when they turned their back on Shula and Joe Robbie. Renaming the stadium Pro Player after the Robbie family put their money and life on the stadium was horrible. If it weren't for Joe Robbie the Dolphins would still be playing in the Orange Bowl. In fact without Joe Robbie Miami would have had it's last Super Bowl in 79 as the NFL refused to ever go back to the Orange Bowl.

bkkcoh
12-10-2007, 01:07 PM
Are the Bucs who went 0 - 14 going to pop open the champagne if the Dolphins win one this year?

Wouldn't it be ironic if there is a team that goes 16 - 0 and a team that goes 0 - 16 i nthe very same year....

Wile_E_Coyote
12-10-2007, 01:08 PM
"I will only renegotiate my contract for the Dolphins."

Chief Chief
12-10-2007, 01:25 PM
If Sinsee ends up losing to the Fish (even if the Fins should already have a win before the final game), the Bungles should all just immediately report to Supermax for indefinite incarceration.

KCFalcon59
12-10-2007, 07:52 PM
Dolphins have lost 16 straight regular season games. The NFL record belongs to Tampa Bay with 26 in 1976-77

Deberg_1990
12-10-2007, 07:55 PM
Id be willing to bet the Phins could beat the Chiefs right now.

Glad we dont play them this year.

88TG88
12-10-2007, 08:11 PM
Id be willing to bet the Phins could beat the Chiefs right now.

Glad we dont play them this year.
That would be one boring game. CBS porbably wouldn't even televise it. KCET would probably pick it up.

sd4chiefs
12-10-2007, 09:10 PM
The Chargers would have been the first team to go 0 - 16 in 2000 (I think) but the Chiefs lost to them. I was at that game. I was stuck in the parking lot and had to hear Charger Fans running around yelling 'CHIEFS SUCK' for an hour. I have hated them since that day.

greg63
12-10-2007, 09:18 PM
They're going for another perfect season.