PDA

View Full Version : Falcons fighting for their draft position...

Coogs
12-10-2007, 09:19 PM
Down 17-7 at home to the RB-less Saints at home no less. Bastages! This is a game we need them to win!
:cuss: :cuss: :cuss:

greg63
12-10-2007, 09:26 PM
So?

Coogs
12-10-2007, 09:30 PM
So?

From GBN...

’Phins magic number down to one… Miami moved inexorably closer to wrapping up the top pick at the 2008 draft, losing 38-17 to Buffalo. Indeed, one more loss and the still winless Dolphins clinch the #1 pick this coming April. There is still plenty of sorting out to do among the remaining high picks at this year’s draft. And some of that sorting out takes place at tonight’s Monday nighter as Atlanta, which hosts New Orleans, is one of four teams stuck at three wins. Whatever happens tonight, New England would have the second pick overall if the draft were held today with a selection acquired from San Francisco at the 2007 draft, while St. Louis would have the third pick. An Atlanta loss to New Orleans and the Falcons would have the 4th pick, with the Jets sitting on the 5th pick. If the Falcons upset the Saints, though, the Jets move up to #4, with Atlanta slipping into a flip situation for the 5-6-7 picks with Oakland and Kansas City. We’ll have the full, updated first-round selection order for the 2008 draft were it held today after tonight’s game.

Deberg_1990
12-10-2007, 09:32 PM
Wow,

That New Orleans crowd of 40,000 really looks whipped up into a Frenzy tonight!

How quickly the Saints have lost their luster...

Mr. Laz
12-10-2007, 09:32 PM
So?
so ...... a win by them improves our draft pick

and you call yourself a chiefs fan :rolleyes:

Coogs
12-10-2007, 09:34 PM
Wow,

That New Orleans crowd of 40,000 really looks whipped up into a Frenzy tonight!

How quickly the Saints have lost their luster...

Game is at Atlanta. My wording wasn't real clear in that first post.

Deberg_1990
12-10-2007, 09:36 PM
Game is at Atlanta. My wording wasn't real clear in that first post.

OOps. My bad, i just noticed that too.

Deberg_1990
12-10-2007, 09:37 PM
Falcons players have that Chiefslike look on their faces of " I just dont give a sh*t anymore"

Mr. Laz
12-10-2007, 09:38 PM
jebus .... atlanta is just rolling over and taking one up the dark spot.

they look almost Chief-ish

Priest4Prez
12-10-2007, 09:38 PM
wait, how can you have a three way coinflip?

Fish
12-10-2007, 09:39 PM

I blame Dick Vermeil....

Coogs
12-10-2007, 09:44 PM

I was thinking the same thing. If you look at all of these teams ahead of us in the draft order.... I don't know. We could lose them all and not move up much at all, if any. That game against the Jets could be real ugly! Could be football follies at it's best, as both teams attempt to lose out.

doomy3
12-10-2007, 09:45 PM
The Falcons are one of 3 teams we would consistently beat right now, along with Miami and San Fransisco.

Priest4Prez
12-10-2007, 09:47 PM
Well, frank gore would have 200+ against our defense, so i would say the only team we could beat on a consistant basis is Miami

doomy3
12-10-2007, 09:48 PM
Well, frank gore would have 200+ against our defense, so i would say the only team we could beat on a consistant basis is Miami

You can't actually believe this. We would beat the 49ers and Falcons 8 out of 10 times.

greg63
12-10-2007, 09:51 PM
From GBN...

’Phins magic number down to one… Miami moved inexorably closer to wrapping up the top pick at the 2008 draft, losing 38-17 to Buffalo. Indeed, one more loss and the still winless Dolphins clinch the #1 pick this coming April. There is still plenty of sorting out to do among the remaining high picks at this year’s draft. And some of that sorting out takes place at tonight’s Monday nighter as Atlanta, which hosts New Orleans, is one of four teams stuck at three wins. Whatever happens tonight, New England would have the second pick overall if the draft were held today with a selection acquired from San Francisco at the 2007 draft, while St. Louis would have the third pick. An Atlanta loss to New Orleans and the Falcons would have the 4th pick, with the Jets sitting on the 5th pick. If the Falcons upset the Saints, though, the Jets move up to #4, with Atlanta slipping into a flip situation for the 5-6-7 picks with Oakland and Kansas City. We’ll have the full, updated first-round selection order for the 2008 draft were it held today after tonight’s game.

Thanks for clearing that up.

Priest4Prez
12-10-2007, 09:52 PM
have you watched our d the past three weeks. I'll give u the falcons 8 out of 10 though

KCFalcon59
12-10-2007, 09:52 PM
Who cares if Atlanta loses. They are drafting a QB anyway. We need OL.

doomy3
12-10-2007, 09:54 PM
have you watched our d the past three weeks. I'll give u the falcons 8 out of 10 though

The 49ers O is every bit as bad as the Falcons O

Ugly Duck
12-10-2007, 10:14 PM
I'm really uncomfortable being in a coin-flip situation with the Chiefs. And in spite of the DonkFan chest-thumping.... they are only 4 draft spots behind the both of us. We have a real danger of having all three teams in a group waiting for a coin flip. You guys are muscling in on Raider territory....

doomy3
12-10-2007, 10:19 PM
I'm really uncomfortable being in a coin-flip situation with the Chiefs. And in spite of the DonkFan chest-thumping.... they are only 4 draft spots behind the both of us. We have a real danger of having all three teams in a group waiting for a coin flip. You guys are muscling in on Raider territory....

Do you ever get tired of posting the exact same thing? Hopefully you just cut and paste, because that is a lot of typing to just repeat yourself over and over.

OnTheWarpath15
12-10-2007, 10:34 PM
Coin flip is like the 4th tiebreaker.

1) Strength of Schedule

2) Divisional record

3) Conference record

4) Coin flip

Frankie
12-10-2007, 10:47 PM
EXACTLY.

12-10-2007, 11:58 PM
so ...... a win by them improves our draft pick

and you call yourself a chiefs fan :rolleyes:
He turned in his fandom last season

Ugly Duck
12-11-2007, 12:13 AM
Coin flip is like the 4th tiebreaker.

1) Strength of Schedule

2) Divisional record

3) Conference record

4) Coin flip

Well that sucks even worse. After we lose to Indy on Sunday our Strength of Schedule will surpass yours. We have a better divisional record and a better conference record. You will pick before us....

all is lost

OnTheWarpath15
12-11-2007, 12:15 AM
Well that sucks even worse. After we lose to Indy on Sunday our Strength of Schedule will surpass yours. We have a better divisional record and a better conference record. You will pick before us....

all is lost

Pretty much.

Your SOS will skyrocket in the last 3 weeks, playing Indy, Jacksonville and San Diego.

The best team we have left is 7-6.

wazu
12-11-2007, 12:21 AM
Guys, we can't worry about what the Falcons do. The Chiefs need to stay focused and keep losing. If they lose, everything else just takes care of itself. There is no way we'll be 4-12 and not picking Top 5. Once that is in place, there's nothing left to do but sit back and relax. Carl will take it from there.

Valiant
12-11-2007, 12:56 AM

I don't know about that.. A: we suck when we play in Miami, B: we suck this year at home..

I think we would be their only victory if we played.. Kind of like SD afew years ago..

wazu
12-11-2007, 01:03 AM
I think we would be their only victory if we played.. Kind of like SD afew years ago..

Ugh, thanks for the memories. I was at that ****ing game.

Coogs
12-11-2007, 08:21 AM

OK. Let's say Atlanta picks one spot ahead of us. They want a QB. And one spot behind us sits a team that wants the same player as us. They jump over us... take the player we want... and Atlanta still gets their QB.

I'd rather all these teams win.

FringeNC
12-11-2007, 08:45 AM
New Orleans this year reminds of the 2001 Chiefs. Bad defense, incredibly inconsistent offense. One week, 500 yards, another week 240. I think it's the same situation we had in 2001 -- good QB, good scheme, good play-calling, but not a very good O-line.

(I guess the relevant point for the Chiefs today is that teams like New Orleans and Detroit who don't seem to be able to protect their QB with any consistency still seem to be able to move the ball -- something we can't do. The Oline blows, but suggesting it is the ONLY problem on this offense is ridiculous.)

old_geezer
12-11-2007, 09:00 AM
Guys, we can't worry about what the Falcons do. The Chiefs need to stay focused and keep losing. If they lose, everything else just takes care of itself. There is no way we'll be 4-12 and not picking Top 5. Once that is in place, there's nothing left to do but sit back and relax. Carl will take it from there.

And I thought the Big Pink Storm of Death was the only thing to fear more than fear itself.

Ugly Duck
12-11-2007, 10:15 AM
Do you ever get tired of posting the exact same thing? Hopefully you just cut and paste, because that is a lot of typing to just repeat yourself over and over.

No.

Eventually you'll learn to read between the Planet lines, me bucko. RaiderFanz will never tire of rubbing it in when the Chiefs suck. We've taken it plenty & revel in our chances to dish it back. Happy football to you!

StcChief
12-11-2007, 10:25 AM
You can't actually believe this. We would beat the 49ers and Falcons 8 out of 10 times.
that's saying alot :)