PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs oughta bring in Cam Cameron as Offensive coordinator

B_Ambuehl
12-10-2007, 10:58 PM
Pretty sure he's gonna get shitcanned by Miami. Solari should be gone. He runs the same system and had a lot of success in San Diego. I actually think he's a much better Offensive coordinator than Norv Turner who a lot of people think is one of the top 3 O coordinators in the league. Thoughts?

Mr. Laz
12-10-2007, 11:01 PM
IF he is fired by miami, carl should be on the phone to cameron within minutes of the announcement.

but then again, Carl is the guy who sat there for 2 weeks after Marty quit and let all available coaches sign with other teams.

carl is teh doofus

Zouk
12-10-2007, 11:05 PM
Listening to Holthus and Petro on their podcast today, it seems like the Chiefs explicitly want to change the system and are looking for more zone-blocking a la the Broncos, and less of a motion offense.

I have no idea who they will bring in to implement that. Can David Gibbs' dad come out of retirement?

Hammock Parties
12-10-2007, 11:06 PM
That would be wonderful.

dirk digler
12-10-2007, 11:08 PM
Listening to Holthus and Petro on their podcast today, it seems like the Chiefs explicitly want to change the system and are looking for more zone-blocking a la the Broncos, and less of a motion offense.

I have no idea who they will bring in to implement that. Can David Gibbs' dad come out of retirement?

The most success they have had running the ball this year was when Kolby was running and using the cut back like the Donks.

I was curious about Alex Gibbs earlier this year if he was still coaching. I know he was coaching the Falcons the last couple of years. I think he left on less than favorable terms with the Donkeys

ChiefsCountry
12-10-2007, 11:09 PM
Kind of makes sense bc Gibbs did coach here when Herm was an assitant.

irishjayhawk
12-10-2007, 11:09 PM
Why would Miami can him? That would prevent anyone from going there.

That whole franchise is a disaster right now.

Easy 6
12-10-2007, 11:12 PM
Cameron is about as close to Best Case Scenario as it gets, he's NOT a HC & shouldnt be allowed ANY draft input (he killed the fins with his choices)...but i do think he knows how to call a good game.

Make it happen Carl.

Mr. Flopnuts
12-10-2007, 11:14 PM
He's not getting fired after one year.

Easy 6
12-10-2007, 11:17 PM

A canning after 1 year isnt very common, but the fins have taken bad to new, perhaps winless, levels...stranger things have happened.

RustShack
Rumor has it that he was playing for his job this weekend, and they lost agian. I think there is a pretty good chance he gets fired.

KCFalcon59
If you go 0-16 you deserve to be canned after one season.

Iowanian
12-10-2007, 11:19 PM
They're employing the Denver Philosophy?

"If you can't blockem, Chop em"

I'd think Cameron would be a huge upgrade at OC.

B_Ambuehl
12-10-2007, 11:19 PM

The thing about that is the guy who the offensive team is being built around, LJ, is not that type of tailback. He has even come out and said he hates running stretch plays which that offense is predicated on. It also works much better with a highly mobile quarterback because you develop lighter lineman that excel at cut blocking..but because they're smaller and lighter they tend not to be as good at pass blocking. Brody is fairly mobile but not to the degree of an Elway, Plummer, or Vick and he doesn't have near the pocket awareness of Brett Favre who's also run that system the last 2 years.

blueballs
12-11-2007, 02:42 AM
4 HCs in 4 years
Not ****ing Likely

kcxiv
12-11-2007, 03:01 AM
Isnt Cameron a Coryell offense? i doubt Herm wants to go that style. lol He wants Smashmouth football which really doesnt exist anymore.

King_Chief_Fan
12-11-2007, 07:15 AM
Why would he want to come to a team where he would be handcuffed by the HC to grind it out for 3 quarters (in most cases?) only to lose it in the 4th.

alanm
12-11-2007, 07:41 AM

Oh wunerful.. that's all we need is to become low lifes like the Bronco's. :shake:

Brock
12-11-2007, 08:56 AM

If he goes 0-16, he's fired.

Chief Faithful
12-11-2007, 09:00 AM
He was the OC in San Diego when they rebuilt that OLine. Sounds like Cameron has the right resume.

Chief Faithful
12-11-2007, 09:01 AM
Oh wunerful.. that's all we need is to become low lifes like the Bronco's. :shake:

Same thing Kiffen did in Oakland and it seems to be working.

The Franchise
12-11-2007, 09:04 AM
Does that mean we have to trade our 5th round pick for Trent Green?

Chiefnj2
12-11-2007, 09:14 AM
People really think Herm wants to bring a circus offense back to KC?

Reerun_KC
12-11-2007, 09:30 AM
Sorry guys, but Herm wouldnt allow it... IF Cam Cameron was the OC the theme song for the 2008 season would sound something this.. "the wheels on the bus would go round and round, round and round, round and round, the wheels on the bus go round and round, Herms driving through town...

Herm will not hire someone that will overshawdow him and cause controversy from the start.... Fans would turn further away from Herm with a solid OC hiring...

Mr. Laz
12-11-2007, 09:43 AM
Sorry guys, but Herm wouldnt allow it...

you're probably right ..... Marty got lucky because Cameron,Brees and Tomlison were already in san diego when he got there. So Marty just concentrated on the defense and general toughness of the team. If Cameron and co would of came in after Marty then LaDanian Tomlison would of probably rode the bench for 2 years and ended up being a 3rd down back.

NEVER underestimate the damage one of these offensive retart HC can do.

Frankie
12-11-2007, 09:50 AM
If Cameron gets canned in Miami, he'll be Michigan's next HC.

Ugly Duck
12-11-2007, 10:10 AM
Chiefs oughta bring in Bill Callihan as Offensive coordinator

fixed it

Mr. Laz
12-11-2007, 10:12 AM
fixed it
:cuss:

KCrockaholic
12-11-2007, 10:29 AM
Pretty sure he's gonna get shitcanned by Miami. Solari should be gone. He runs the same system and had a lot of success in San Diego. I actually think he's a much better Offensive coordinator than Norv Turner who a lot of people think is one of the top 3 O coordinators in the league. Thoughts?

ill take anybody right now other than Solari! i would kiss Al Saunders feet for him to come back!

suds79
12-11-2007, 10:32 AM

Sounds like a good idea if he's let go.

Of course that'd mean he'd have to want to come to KC for some reason.

Clark would have to pay him a lot of jack. But why do we care? That doesn't effect the cap. I say go for it.