PDA

View Full Version : Excellent description of Herm's Chiefs from The Coloradoan Newspaper

FloridaMan88
12-11-2007, 12:55 PM
Perfect description of what Herm has transformed the Chiefs into... I couldn't have said it better myself:

http://www.coloradoan.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=2007712100334

Broncos bring out the worst in reeling rival
BY HAP FRY
HapFry@coloradoan.com

DENVER - There are teams that test your mettle and teams which provide a confidence boost.

After Sunday, it's pretty apparent that the Kansas City Chiefs fall into the latter category.

Inept would be a polite way to describe the Chiefs (4-9), who have no quarterback, no running back, no defense and no chance.

Almost immediately after kickoff, the Broncos (6-7) transformed from mediocre into world-beaters with their 41-7 pasting of the Chiefs.

Denver quarterback Jay Cutler made the most of superior protection, completing 20 of 27 passes for 244 yards and four touchdowns.

Selvin Young looked plenty capable at running back, finishing with a career-best 156 yards on the ground, while wide receiver Brandon Marshall caught 10 passes for 115 yards and two TDs.

While Denver could do nothing wrong and kept its slim playoff hopes alive, Kansas City did everything wrong and extended its losing streak to six games.

"We flat out got our butts whooped," Kansas City defensive end Jared Allen said. "It's not like the defense did anything to help out the cause. I have to watch the film, but I know we didn't tackle worth a damn. We haven't the last six weeks. It goes back to fundamentals, line assignments, technique and tackling. We need to look at ourselves and ask: 'what can I do better?' "

The defense definitely could do a lot better but so could the Chiefs' offense. Kansas City managed just 129 yards of offense and seven first downs against a Denver defense that had given up 28 points or more on six occasions this season.

"Kansas City is struggling a bit, but they're a good football team," Denver safety John Lynch said. "In the NFL, you can't take any win for granted."

irishjayhawk
12-11-2007, 12:57 PM
Eh, we have a Defense. We don't have a HC the defense can buy into.

StcChief
12-11-2007, 01:00 PM
at least Gonzo got another TD and more yards toward THannon THarpe's yards record.

Calcountry
12-11-2007, 01:42 PM
at least Gonzo got another TD and more yards toward THannon THarpe's yards record.It is so sad, that we have to be feast upon the crumbs of an individual accomplishment of TG.

HonestChieffan
12-11-2007, 01:48 PM
Lynch was probably mad he didnt get anyones knee

Reerun_KC
12-11-2007, 01:48 PM
Eh, we have a Defense. We don't have a HC the franchise/team/fanbase can buy into.

FYP

irishjayhawk
12-11-2007, 01:51 PM
FYP

Good fix.

Mecca
12-11-2007, 01:54 PM
Man I don't know how anyone can think that defense is good.....there have been far to many break downs and just flat out rape moments.

FAX
12-11-2007, 02:31 PM
Eh, we have a Defense. We don't have a HC the defense can buy into.

As this season of horrors comes to a close, that is becoming more and more debatable, Mr. irishjayhawk. Unfortunately.

FAX

irishjayhawk
12-11-2007, 02:37 PM
As this season of horrors comes to a close, that is becoming more and more debatable, Mr. irishjayhawk. Unfortunately.

FAX

Really?

How so?

FringeNC
12-11-2007, 02:44 PM
Really?

How so?

Chiefs' defense is 18th in the league in yards allowed per play. The defense is NOT good. It's average -- or maybe a little below.

Rain Man
12-11-2007, 02:49 PM
Eh. It was closer than the score. It was more like 39 to 7, or maybe even 38 to 7.