PDA

View Full Version : Planet Tailgate for the Titans Game. Extra benefit: Rainman will be in the house

BigRedChief
12-12-2007, 07:00 AM
I've been tailgating for a # of years in a certain spot. This is the 3rd year that I’ve opened it up and invited everyone from the Planet to stop by and say Hi or tailgate with their fellow Planet members.

Last time we did this everyone had a blast. First Down Elvis even performed a marriage ceremony at the tailgate.

We will have a grill you can use if you want to put on your own meat.

Tailgators
Rainman and his wife.Thats right, Rainman! :clap:
BigRedChief and his wife and son
Shaggy Shane
HellRazor110
Mama 110
Kcfanittitanhell, fiance and 3 buddy's
nashvillrock.net and buddy
Patteeu and his wife
pr_capone and his wife + 2 buddies
Dave Lane + Tyler
KC Rush

Will stop by and say hay
DartGod
StevieRay
Saulbadguy
Dave0320
brookspw and son
Adam
shakesthecat

Too damn lazy to get off their couch :p
Phobia
Onthewarpath58
Bearcat
Luv

Menu

Chili
Brats
Pasta Salad
Coleslaw
Vermiel Desert Bars
Hot Chocoate
Hot Cheese Dip
Chips (assorted variety)
Beer Rolls
keeping it simple because of the cold and I'm just lazy.

If you are not 100% sure you are coming and eating at the tailgate please don’t say you will be there. I’ll update this top post as needed.

Here's the site below where we set up each week. It's a great location next to the Tee-Pee gang. About 10 yards away is Stevieray/FDE’s tailgate set up, all the foot traffic going into Arrowhead, The Super fans always stop by. Great spot for first timers.

I drive a green explorer. We will be parked on the end of the row by the street in the handicap section. We will have a 10X10 Red Chiefs tent set up next to the explorer. X marks the spot.
http://eteamz.active.com/lscardinals/images/Xmarks_the_tailgate_spot_small.jpg

morphius
12-12-2007, 08:20 AM
Good luck! Hope you get a few people to show up.

BigRedChief
12-12-2007, 08:25 AM
Good luck! Hope you get a few people to show up.
Rumor mill is that the most popular Planeteer but rarely seen Rainman is coming to town for the game.

We may suck on the field. It's going to be cold. The Chiefs front office treatas us like dirt. Players are quiting etc. etc. but I gaurantee we will be having a good time at the tailgate. King Carl can't take that away from us.:harumph:

morphius
12-12-2007, 08:47 AM
Rumor mill is that the most popular Planeteer but rarely seen Rainman is coming to town for the game.

We may suck on the field. It's going to be cold. The Chiefs front office treatas us like dirt. Players are quiting etc. etc. but I gaurantee we will be having a good time at the tailgate. King Carl can't take that away from us.:harumph:
Jager Bomb's sure don't hurt there, lol!

well, and the company isn't all bad... :D

Saulbadguy
12-12-2007, 08:48 AM

Rainman is showing up? My mortal enemy. I will be there.

kcfanintitanhell
12-12-2007, 09:08 AM
Amy and I will be there-not sure what time, though. What time does everything start getting underway?

BigRedChief
12-12-2007, 09:16 AM
Amy and I will be there-not sure what time, though. What time does everything start getting underway?
I get there about 8:30 - 8:45 am after the initial gates open traffic clears out.

Rain Man
12-12-2007, 09:49 AM
I will most likely be in the "stop by" camp since I won't have my own meat. For the grill. Meat for the grill, just to confirm. But it would be great to meet some of y'all.

BigRedChief
12-12-2007, 10:05 AM
I will most likely be in the "stop by" camp since I won't have my own meat. For the grill. Meat for the grill, just to confirm. But it would be great to meet some of y'all.
Last time we started off by everyone bringing their own meat but we ended up sharing a tailgate and everyone kicking in money to offset the cost.

You get there early. A lot of people are going to want to meet you and talk some Chiefs with ya.

Rain Man
12-12-2007, 10:16 AM
I'm pondering sending an attractive 19 year-old woman to say she's Rain Man. Can you imagine the rep that would be worth once word got out?

Rain Man
12-12-2007, 10:17 AM
Last time we started off by everyone bringing their own meat but we ended up sharing a tailgate and everyone kicking in money to offset the cost.

You get there early. A lot of people are going to want to meet you and talk some Chiefs with ya.

Ah. Okie-dokie. What time does this shindig start?

BigRedChief
12-12-2007, 10:19 AM
Ah. Okie-dokie. What time does this shindig start?
I should be there by 8:45 am at the latest.

Braincase
12-12-2007, 10:32 AM
OH SH!T!

My plans may have just changed for Sunday. 80)

BC

BigRedChief
12-12-2007, 10:35 AM
OH SH!T!

BC
You down for tailgating or stopping by? How many?

Rain Man
12-12-2007, 10:36 AM
OH SH!T!

BC

You can try, but you can't avoid me forever.

BigRedChief
12-12-2007, 10:53 AM
OH SH!T!

BCYeah, last time had FDE marry a couple at the tailgate. This one we get an apperance of a Planet legend. I hope he doesn't jack up his apperance fee.:hmmm:

Bowser
12-12-2007, 10:58 AM
I'm pondering sending an attractive 19 year-old woman to say she's Rain Man. Can you imagine the rep that would be worth once word got out?

Only if she shows up in a red bikini, standing by the George Brett statue.

trndobrd
12-12-2007, 11:08 AM
It would sure be great to go, but I've heard that the game is already sold out.

Mr. Laz
12-12-2007, 11:09 AM
i hope everyone is bringing their paper bags for the game.

Rain Man
12-12-2007, 11:10 AM
i hope everyone is bringing their paper bags for the game.

I'm playing it smart. I'm bringing a plastic bag in case it rains.

kcfanintitanhell
12-12-2007, 11:50 AM
I almost forgot-there will probably be at least 3 other people with us. We probably won't have a chance to get to a store for provisions before coming out, but will be happy to chip in.

BigRedChief
12-12-2007, 11:53 AM
I almost forgot-there will probably be at least 3 other people with us. We probably won't have a chance to get to a store for provisions before coming out, but will be happy to chip in.
How many total? Are these Chief fans?

Mr. Laz
12-12-2007, 11:55 AM
http://walterfootball.com/images/fball/paperbag.jpg

kcfanintitanhell
12-12-2007, 11:57 AM
How many total? Are these Chief fans?
Three, four at the most. And yes they are Chiefs fans.

patteeu
12-12-2007, 12:03 PM
Will there be any dignitaries from the Chiefs front office making an appearance? An inspirational speech from Carl Peterson or a primer on the keys to the game by Bob Gretz, maybe?

BigRedChief
12-12-2007, 12:09 PM
Will there be any dignitaries from the Chiefs front office making an appearance? An inspirational speech from Carl Peterson or a primer on the keys to the game by Bob Gretz, maybe?
Until this year about 8 out of 10 home games King Carl would walk right past our tailgate with a bunch of visitors in suits to show off the tee-pee gang and tailgating at Arrowhead. Almost like clockwork at 10:15 am. No one would give him chit that I saw.

I've not seen him this year.

Dartgod
12-12-2007, 12:14 PM
Rainman is coming? This is perfect. We are having potato soup at our tailgate. I'll be sure to bring him a cup.

Rain Man
12-12-2007, 12:16 PM
Rainman is coming? This is perfect. We are having potato soup at our tailgate. I'll be sure to bring him a cup.

Nothing is nicer on a cold day than to have piping hot potato soup flung onto you.

BRC said you're nearby? Maybe I can stop in and say hi?

Chest Rockwell
12-12-2007, 12:16 PM

That is smart. All you need now is a zip-tie or a rubber band to complete your "Oh my god they really are that bad" emergency "nap" kit. Essential for every die-hard Chiefs fan this season.

BigRedChief
12-12-2007, 12:18 PM
Nothing is nicer on a cold day than to have piping hot potato soup flung onto you.
I told you that King Carl doesnt come by our tailgate anymore.

Dartgod
12-12-2007, 12:19 PM

BRC said you're nearby? Maybe I can stop in and say hi?
Yeah, we're in the next lot. Less than a football field away.

I'll be stopping by Stevieray's and BRC's though, so no need to find me.

Rain Man
12-12-2007, 02:09 PM
Yeah, we're in the next lot. Less than a football field away.

I'll be stopping by Stevieray's and BRC's though, so no need to find me.

So you're saying you don't want me at your tailgate. I understand. I understand completely. This is about me wanting Carl Peterson fired, isn't it?

Dartgod
12-12-2007, 02:36 PM
So you're saying you don't want me at your tailgate. I understand. I understand completely. This is about me wanting Carl Peterson fired, isn't it?
You can show up if you want. That will be one less cup I will have to soil. I can ladle the soup directly onto you.

pr_capone
12-12-2007, 10:57 PM
I AM THERE!!!!!!!!!!!!!

People... not only is the spread this man puts on is f00kin GREAT, but he is a very nice guy to sit around and chat with.

I was there for the Minny game and had a blast.

Mr. BRC.... put me down for 4. Myself, the missus, and two friends.

NashvilleRock.net
12-13-2007, 12:33 AM
My buddy and I will be there. We're getting dropped off so we'd like to chip in some cash when we get there. How much should we chip in? Also, how late do you tailgate? We'll be there but not at 8:30 in the morning haha.

BigRedChief
12-13-2007, 05:46 AM
My buddy and I will be there. We're getting dropped off so we'd like to chip in some cash when we get there. How much should we chip in? Also, how late do you tailgate? We'll be there but not at 8:30 in the morning haha.
Menu is still TBD. Last time we did the First Down Elvis Death Dogs but thats too much work for the wife during this busy time of the season and if you think I'm working for you.........your nuts.ROFL

We have a lot of out of towners so its not practical for them to bring in their own tailgating supplies. What say you Planeteers? Whatever is decided about what kind of food will be at the tailgateyou are cool with you'll chip in your share of the cost of the food?

If you say "I'll chip in and eat at the tailgate" I'll put those under the tailgaters catagory above. If not let me know and I'll put you in the stop by and say hay catagory.

patteeu
12-13-2007, 12:46 PM
I'd be happy to chip in.

dtebbe
12-13-2007, 02:06 PM
If you guys will wear them at the game, I will send free Dammit Carl T-shirts to those who will be attending. If BigRedChief is cool with it, I will ship them to him to distribute.

DT

BigRedChief
12-13-2007, 02:15 PM
If you guys will wear them at the game, I will send free Dammit Carl T-shirts to those who will be attending. If BigRedChief is cool with it, I will ship them to him to distribute.

DT
How large do they go?

OnTheWarpath15
12-13-2007, 07:31 PM
Dammit!

I'm gonna miss Rain Man?

It would almost be worth the 3 hour drive to hang out with him and the rest of you.....too bad I got rid of my tickets.

Unless someone has a freebie they wouldn't mind sharing? Hell, I'd even design and supply the paper bags.....

:D

pr_capone
12-13-2007, 07:56 PM

DT

I'll definitely wear one. Like BRC said though.... how large do they go? lol

NashvilleRock.net
12-13-2007, 08:40 PM
How large do they go?

I'll be more than willing to wear a Dammit Carl shirt at the game. I'll even pay for it if you need some dough. Also, are we allowed to bring alcohol to the tailgate?

Dave Lane
12-13-2007, 09:17 PM
I think I'll be there and I might bring a slab of ribs.

Dave

Dave Lane
12-13-2007, 09:18 PM
Plus Tyler...

Dave

Rain Man
12-13-2007, 09:38 PM
How large do they go?

S, M, L, XL, XXL, XXXL, and Tank Tyler.

Rain Man
12-13-2007, 09:39 PM
Oh, and I'm glad to chip in.

Do you accept rupees?

kcfanintitanhell
12-13-2007, 10:13 PM
And drachmas?

Dave Lane
12-13-2007, 10:27 PM

DT

I'll wear one if you send it. I'll be taking a paper bag as well.

Dave

BigRedChief
12-14-2007, 05:51 AM
Dammit!

I'm gonna miss Rain Man?

It would almost be worth the 3 hour drive to hang out with him and the rest of you.....too bad I got rid of my tickets.

Unless someone has a freebie they wouldn't mind sharing? Hell, I'd even design and supply the paper bags.....

:D
Dude there are tickets on Ebay for .99 cents. You going to spend how much on gas to get over here?:hmmm:

12-14-2007, 06:16 AM
Jager Bomb's sure don't hurt there, lol!

well, and the company isn't all bad... :D
They will miss us though.

OnTheWarpath15
12-14-2007, 06:19 AM
Dude there are tickets on Ebay for .99 cents. You going to spend how much on gas to get over here?:hmmm:

I'm not.....

I was actually offered 2 free LL tickets and a parking pass, but decided to turn them down.

I'll see you guys at the next CP function, or at the opener in 2008......

BigRedChief
12-14-2007, 06:43 AM
I'll be more than willing to wear a Dammit Carl shirt at the game. I'll even pay for it if you need some dough. Also, are we allowed to bring alcohol to the tailgate?
yes, it's byob. I'll have some extra beers but it's the generic, bud, coors light type and most people thumb their noses at that caliber of beer.

BigRedChief
12-14-2007, 06:47 AM
I AM THERE!!!!!!!!!!!!!

People... not only is the spread this man puts on is f00kin GREAT, but he is a very nice guy to sit around and chat with.

I was there for the Minny game and had a blast.

Mr. BRC.... put me down for 4. Myself, the missus, and two friends.Thanks for the pos thoughts.

We got a nice set up for tailgating. A fantastic spot. We have a system down now to put up and take down the tailgate pretty quickly.

I'm a very average food/BBQ tailgater. I'm just too lazy to really do it up right. What needs to happen is we need to get Phil to do the grub. Now thats some good BBQ. But he doesn't like the spot where me and Stevieray tailgate. He likes to be up away from the crowds. He's a loner you know.:p

kc rush
12-14-2007, 07:57 AM
I'll be there. My wife can't go now so I have an extra ticket if anyone wants one or knows someone who wants one. No charge.

My friends are either wusses or smarter than me because they don't want to go.

BigRedChief
12-14-2007, 08:11 AM
I'll be there. My wife can't go now so I have an extra ticket if anyone wants one or knows someone who wants one. No charge.

My friends are either wusses or smarter than me because they don't want to go.
Tailgating or just saying hay?

kc rush
12-14-2007, 08:45 AM
Tailgating or just saying hay?

I'll tailgate and bring cash.

BigRedChief
12-14-2007, 09:51 AM
Weather update:
It looks like the KC area will get 2-4 inches of snow late tonight and into Saturday afternoon. It won't melt until monday. So whatever falls will still be there on game day.

The Chiefs don't knock the snow off the seats or out fromn under the seats. They will clear the aisles only.

It really helps keep you warm if you bring a piece of cardboard and put on top of the snow and that way it keeps your feet out of the snow all game. I'll try to grab some extra cardboard.

Game Day
9:00 am 19 degrees and partly sunny

Kickoff and pretty much the rest of the day: 32 degrees and partly sunny

Dartgod
12-14-2007, 10:05 AM
Weather update:
It looks like the KC area will get 2-4 inches of snow late tonight and into Saturday afternoon. It won't melt until monday. So whatever falls will still be there on game day.

The Chiefs don't knock the snow off the seats or out fromn under the seats. They will clear the aisles only.

It really helps keep you warm if you bring a piece of cardboard and put on top of the snow and that way it keeps your feet out of the snow all game. I'll try to grab some extra cardboard.

Game Day
9:00 am 19 degrees and partly sunny

Kickoff and pretty much the rest of the day: 32 degrees and partly sunny
Awesome. This should really help with attendance.

I'm just glad I sit on the visitors side of the field. Not only do we sit in the sun for most of the game (if its out), but I also will not be tempted to throw snowballs at the Chiefs players, coaches and especially Carl Peterson, should he make an on-field appearance.

kc rush
12-14-2007, 01:54 PM
What time do you open shop? Since I don't have to worry about baby sitters or anything like that I can get there earlier than last time.

BigRedChief
12-14-2007, 01:55 PM
What time do you open shop? Since I don't have to worry about baby sitters or anything like that I can get there earlier than last time.
Should be there no later than 8:45 am.

NashvilleRock.net
12-14-2007, 03:52 PM
This may have already been answered but how late do you tailgate before the game?

BigRedChief
12-14-2007, 05:53 PM
This may have already been answered but how late do you tailgate before the game?
We will be there till 11:30 - 11:45 am depending on the line to get into the stadium. Our pre-game ceremony is crap and boring.

kcfanintitanhell
12-14-2007, 11:19 PM
Well, it's Friday about 11:15 PM, and we made it to Mt Vernon, IL. I just hope we can make it the rest of the way tomorrow without winding up in a ditch on I-70. We have been getting a bunch of conflicting weather reports, so we don't know what to believe.
So, I guess we are playing it by ear, and if we're not in the Arrowhead Lot C by 10:30 Sunday AM, we are in a ditch on I-70.

wazu
12-15-2007, 09:07 AM
I plan on stopping by to say hello. After all, there's no rush to get into the game.

BigRedChief
12-15-2007, 09:44 AM
Well, it's Friday about 11:15 PM, and we made it to Mt Vernon, IL. I just hope we can make it the rest of the way tomorrow without winding up in a ditch on I-70. We have been getting a bunch of conflicting weather reports, so we don't know what to believe.
So, I guess we are playing it by ear, and if we're not in the Arrowhead Lot C by 10:30 Sunday AM, we are in a ditch on I-70.
You had better get there earler than that. Even with a downsized crowd at that time there is a big traffic jam if you come in i-70. By the time you get through the traffic and get parked it could be time to go into the game and no tailgating time. Lots of n00bs make the same mistake. Just giving you a heads up.

shakesthecat
12-15-2007, 12:24 PM
We'll try and stop by on our way into the stadium.

Either that or mid way thru the 3rd quarter when everyone else is leaving

Bearcat
12-15-2007, 01:06 PM
I was just offered a pair of free tickets, and meeting Rainman is on my list of things to do before I die.... but I think I'd rather be on the 'too damn lazy to get off their coach' list than the 'wasted 6 hours driving, $40 in gas, $20 for parking, and 3 hours on the Chiefs' list. :p

patteeu
12-15-2007, 03:27 PM
I was just offered a pair of free tickets, and meeting Rainman is on my list of things to do before I die.... but I think I'd rather be on the 'too damn lazy to get off their coach' list than the 'wasted 6 hours driving, $40 in gas, $20 for parking, and 3 hours on the Chiefs' list. :p

Rain Man will be extremely disappointed at your lack of commitment.

And this isn't supposed to be public knowledge, but inside sources tell me that this may be Rain Man's last public appearance before he retires into seclusion. He's never really liked people all that much, you know.

BigRedChief
12-15-2007, 04:45 PM
Your on the too lazy to breathe list. :harumph:

BTW, menu has been posted in the top thread.

Phobia
12-15-2007, 08:56 PM
If Kevin decides the trip into the stadium is too much, send him over to my place. Fish, myself and a couple others will be here watching the "game" in a warm environment.

Rain Man
12-15-2007, 09:31 PM
Rain Man will be extremely disappointed at your lack of commitment.

And this isn't supposed to be public knowledge, but inside sources tell me that this may be Rain Man's last public appearance before he retires into seclusion. He's never really liked people all that much, you know.

I've been told that I'm a lot like J.D. Salinger, but with fewer social skills.

I am in the house, by the way, secretly hidden in a safe house near the stadium. Wild horses could not keep me away from the game, unless of course they're really big and blocking the entrance.

BigRedChief
12-15-2007, 09:41 PM
If Kevin decides the trip into the stadium is too much, send him over to my place. Fish, myself and a couple others will be here watching the "game" in a warm environment.8 degree windchill when we start tailgating tommorrow. Thats not cold unless your name is Phobia.
Bunch of wimps.
http://warriorsmovie.co.uk/photos/images/photo_012.jpg

Rain Man
12-15-2007, 10:07 PM
This will be an epic game, like the Ice Bowl back in the Sixties but meaningless. I will be one of only about 10 people who can claim that they were there live to see it.

Phobia
12-15-2007, 10:14 PM
8 degree windchill when we start tailgating tommorrow. Thats not cold unless your name is Phobia.
Bunch of wimps.
http://warriorsmovie.co.uk/photos/images/photo_012.jpg
Heh. I've been at colder games. But I haven't been to colder games when I had a 55" HDTV in my living room with a sucky, sucky Chiefs team at Arrowhead.

BigRedChief
12-15-2007, 10:21 PM
Heh. I've been at colder games. But I haven't been to colder games when I had a 55" HDTV in my living room with a sucky, sucky Chiefs team at Arrowhead.I'm just :Poke: ya.
I don't blame anyone for not going to the game or think they are less of a "real" fan for not braving the elements to see your team stink up the field live and in person.

Year before last at the San Diego game in the cold rain was the coldest one I've been in since the ice storm game in the playoffs.

luv
12-15-2007, 10:23 PM
Have fun freezing your tails off! :p

This is the first game I've actually turned down going to. The weather and roads would just wear me out. I think I'll stay home, do laundry, watch the game and pack to o out on the road this week.

BigRedChief
12-15-2007, 10:32 PM
Have fun freezing your tails off! :p

This is the first game I've actually turned down going to. The weather and roads would just wear me out. I think I'll stay home, do laundry, watch the game and pack to o out on the road this week.
Your going on the too lazy to get off the couch list.:harumph:

Phobia
12-15-2007, 10:32 PM
I'm just :Poke: ya.
I don't blame anyone for not going to the game or think they are less of a "real" fan for not braving the elements to see your team stink up the field live and in person.

Year before last at the San Diego game in the cold rain was the coldest one I've been in since the ice storm game in the playoffs.

Oh - I know. I deserve everything I get.

Yeah, that was a fun one. I sat up in 338 with Joe for that one.

BigRedChief
12-15-2007, 10:35 PM
okay guys signing off. Got to go pack up the explorer and finalize supplies. see ya in the am.

kcfanintitanhell
12-16-2007, 01:02 AM
BRC-If you check this thread before you head out-just wanted to let you know that my group has been upped to 7-no biggie, they are bringing a buncha beer and probably won't eat anything, although if there is anything available to eat, they will chip in for it. Sorry I couldn't let you know earlier, but we had a bitch of a time getting here today due to the weather, and I just found out about the additions about an hour ago.

BTW-They are all Chiefs fans.

Braincase
12-16-2007, 08:21 AM
Heading to the stadium in about 10 minuets, going to try and drop by...

stonedstooge
12-16-2007, 10:15 AM
Herm just stated on his interview with the pregame shows that the Chiefs didn't have a good year this year and we need to just get over it. Brilliant coach. Why don't we just get over you and ship your azz back East where it belongs. Perhaps the Dolphins will be looking for some coaches for next year. I think that would be a perfect fit for you Herm. Loser coach on a loser team. :cuss:

stonedstooge
12-16-2007, 10:24 AM
Could someone bring a couple of plastic bags for Herm and Carl to wear. Include some string so they can be tied off at the neck. Perhaps this will increase both of their thinking capacaties. And make sure and leave them on and not take them off. They only work the longer their over the head.

BigRedChief
12-17-2007, 07:10 AM
It was painful to see all the first timers experience Arrowhead at it's lowest point since the mid 80's. The tailgating, crowd vibe was way down. Even the tee-pee gang didn't kick out there enthusiam. But, we still had a lot of fun at the tailgate.

The game sucked but we knew that going into the day.

Everyone showed up from the Planet that said they would and some more stopped by unannounced. It's always very cool to meet people and put faces to names from the board. When people meet in person they always find that the other person is usually nicer, smarter and not so much of an A-hole in person as their online persona. Makes for a better experience online here in the off season when we have no football to watch.

I got to meet Rainman and spend the morning talking with him and his lovely wife. I think she's defintely the better half of that couple.ROFL But Rainman was just as cool in person as his online persona.

Saulbadguy
12-17-2007, 07:42 AM
When people meet in person they always find that the other person is usually nicer, smarter and not so much of an A-hole in person as their online persona. Makes for a better experience online here in the off season when we have no football to watch.

Gee...thanks. :#

chagrin
12-17-2007, 08:09 AM
Will you be posting any photos of the event?

BigRedChief
12-17-2007, 08:12 AM
Will you be posting any photos of the event?
This is from Rainmans wifey:

L-R Kc Rush, BRC, pr-Capone, Rainman and Patteau
http://img264.imageshack.us/img264/2537/img087wn8.jpg

Dartgod
12-17-2007, 08:22 AM
Rainman and Fourth Down Elvis

BigRedChief
12-17-2007, 08:26 AM
That was classic. Best damn bag evah.

BigRedChief
12-17-2007, 08:36 AM
Gee...thanks. :#You and Patteau are poster boys for this phenomenon. Both are viewed by some posters here online as major A-holes but when we meet you guys we find out your only minor A-holes.:p

Chief Henry
12-17-2007, 09:05 AM

ROFL

Nice job guys.

patteeu
12-17-2007, 09:45 AM
You and Patteau are poster boys for this phenomenon. Both are viewed by some posters here online as major A-holes but when we meet you guys we find out your only minor A-holes.:p

I wanted to be a major A-hole at the tailgate to maintain my reputation, but my wife wouldn't let me. :( Trust me, the guy you met in that parking lot is not the real me. I'm far worse than that. ;)

Even though the crowd was down and there wasn't much of a playoff atmosphere, it was still fun to meet all the planeteers who stopped by. Thanks to BigRedChief for making it possible.

Phobia
12-17-2007, 09:52 AM
I've thought for years Patty was a woman. I've even hit on her numerous times. Imagine my disappointment; discovering I'm internet gay.

Braincase
12-17-2007, 10:00 AM
I wanted to be a major A-hole at the tailgate to maintain my reputation, but my wife wouldn't let me. :( Trust me, the guy you met in that parking lot is not the real me. I'm far worse than that. ;)

Even though the crowd was down and there wasn't much of a playoff atmosphere, it was still fun to meet all the planeteers who stopped by. Thanks to BigRedChief for making it possible.

Best part was your own confusion about the pronounciation of your own handle. ROFL

For the record, the lexicon should say it rhymes with "patio"...

Iowanian
12-17-2007, 10:02 AM
4th down elvis....hi larry ass.

I hope it was FDE wearing that...and into the game.

that would drive a message home.

BigRedChief
12-17-2007, 10:12 AM
4th down elvis....hi larry ass.

I hope it was FDE wearing that...and into the game.

that would drive a message home.
It was Stevieray but I don't think he wore it into the game.

patteeu
12-17-2007, 10:31 AM
Best part was your own confusion about the pronounciation of your own handle. ROFL

Yeah, who knew I'd someday have to explain how to pronounce it. At least it's not htsimaqe. :shrug: :)

chagrin
12-17-2007, 10:59 AM

Oh, I'm sure if any of the freaks showed up, you'd be in character, heh

OnTheWarpath15
12-17-2007, 11:04 AM

Fantastic!

He had mentioned the idea to me, but I didn't know if he's go through with it.

Nice work, Stevie.

Rain Man
12-17-2007, 09:10 PM
I'm safely back home in Denver after flying my last flight ever on United Airlines, which is now on my hit list. It was a pleasure meeting everyone, even though none of you looked like your avatars.

BigRedChief
12-19-2007, 06:22 AM
L-R, Patteau, Stevieray, BigRedChief, DartGod, Rainman and KC Rush

BigRedChief
12-19-2007, 06:30 AM
L-R Patteau, ? a planeteer, KC Rush, pr_capone, Dartgod, BRC, kcfanintitanshell group(he's the 3rd one from the right), Mrs. gochiefsgo, gochiefsgo and the illustrious Rainman

Skip Towne
12-19-2007, 06:50 AM
I'm safely back home in Denver after flying my last flight ever on United Airlines, which is now on my hit list. It was a pleasure meeting everyone, even though none of you looked like your avatars.
How about telling us the United Airlines story.

patteeu
12-19-2007, 07:10 AM

Get in line. [/Osama]

If you catch him at just the right angle with the sun slightly in your eyes, I thought BigRedChief looked a little bit like his avatar.

BigRedChief
12-19-2007, 08:44 AM
Get in line. [/Osama]

If you catch him at just the right angle with the sun slightly in your eyes, I thought BigRedChief looked a little bit like his avatar.
OOOHHHHH really? Most of the time people confuse me with Brad Pitt.

HemiEd
12-19-2007, 09:38 AM
Nice pictures BRC, thanks for sharing them. :thumb:

BigRedChief
12-19-2007, 11:55 AM
Saulbadguy and his henchman, FDE and myself

BigRedChief
12-19-2007, 07:43 PM
Nice pictures BRC, thanks for sharing them. :thumb:
NP

Rain Man
12-19-2007, 07:56 PM
How about telling us the United Airlines story.

Those mongoloids wouldn't let us on the plane home, because for some reason two tickets had been issued in my name instead of one for my wife and one for me. On the way out, the gate agent had noticed (we didn't), and just shrugged and said, "You might want to fix this on the way back." No big deal.

The mouth-breather in Kansas City then told us that to get my wife on the plane, we had to buy a third ticket at a last-minute walkup fare, and said that the name problem was "Orbitz's problem" and refused to fix what was obviously a typo. Orbitz tried to fix it immediately, but the gate agent refused to take my cell phone to talk to them because "they'll just ask me to change the name", and United's reservations phone number just said, "It's Orbitz's problem, not ours."

Eventually, the manager came out and said that they would issue a new ticket for a bribe of $100. (She called it a "ticket change fee", but let's call it what it really is.) After refusing, we eventually had no choice but to hand $100 to the corrupt person to use the ticket that we had already purchased.

I wrote a scathing expose on the cover of my inflight magazine. Future flyers in Seat 17F shall know my fury.

Henceforth, I am flying Frontier or Southwest or USAir or American or Delta or Thai Air or Alaska Airways or British Air or Northwest or AirTran or ATA or Air Zimbabwe or Aeroflot or Varig or any other airline I can find. I will cost United far more than the $100 that they stole from me.

Bob Dole
12-19-2007, 08:00 PM
Rain Man should probably see a doctor. It appears that his melon is continuing to grow long after the rest of him has reached adulthood.

Rain Man
12-19-2007, 08:02 PM
Rain Man should probably see a doctor. It appears that his melon is continuing to grow long after the rest of him has reached adulthood.

The brain, like any other muscle, gets larger with exercise.

kcfanintitanhell
12-19-2007, 08:07 PM
BRC-Thanks for everything-it was great meeting you all, and we hope we can do it again. Sorry about the travel fiasco Rainman, I'm sure United will rue the day they made you an unhappy denizen of their Friendly Skies.

BigRedChief
12-20-2007, 05:46 AM
BRC-Thanks for everything-it was great meeting you all, and we hope we can do it again.
Your always welcome to stop by. I know its a long trip for ya but it was cool to meet you and your buddies. Wish the team wouldn't have sucked so bad. That was the worst tailgating atmosphere I've ever expereienced at Arrowhead. There was just no passion or electricity in the parking lot. Next time has to be better.:rolleyes:

burt
12-20-2007, 11:51 AM
"Dalton, oops, I mean Rainman, I thought you'd be taller...."

Simply Red
12-20-2007, 11:59 AM
Saulbadguy and his henchman, FDE and myself
Wow. Just as I guessed. Saul's a `metro.` :)

Donger
12-20-2007, 01:00 PM

Look into Frontier, Rain Man. I had no choice but to fly United a few trips ago, and all it did was remind me why I fired them in 2001.

HemiEd
12-20-2007, 03:04 PM
Those mongoloids wouldn't let us on the plane home, because for some reason two tickets had been issued in my name instead of one for my wife and one for me. On the way out, the gate agent had noticed (we didn't), and just shrugged and said, "You might want to fix this on the way back." No big deal.

The mouth-breather in Kansas City then told us that to get my wife on the plane, we had to buy a third ticket at a last-minute walkup fare, and said that the name problem was "Orbitz's problem" and refused to fix what was obviously a typo. Orbitz tried to fix it immediately, but the gate agent refused to take my cell phone to talk to them because "they'll just ask me to change the name", and United's reservations phone number just said, "It's Orbitz's problem, not ours."

Eventually, the manager came out and said that they would issue a new ticket for a bribe of $100. (She called it a "ticket change fee", but let's call it what it really is.) After refusing, we eventually had no choice but to hand $100 to the corrupt person to use the ticket that we had already purchased.

I wrote a scathing expose on the cover of my inflight magazine. Future flyers in Seat 17F shall know my fury.

Henceforth, I am flying Frontier or Southwest or USAir or American or Delta or Thai Air or Alaska Airways or British Air or Northwest or AirTran or ATA or Air Zimbabwe or Aeroflot or Varig or any other airline I can find. I will cost United far more than the $100 that they stole from me.
That is ****ed up, I hope you get some kind of resolution to this through Orbitz. American would have been no different, I had a similar experience with them.
Living near Ohare, it is of great benifit to fly either United or American since their hubs are there.
I have learned the hard way, they penalize you for using Expedia/Orbitz when they get the opportunity.
However, my flight to Detroit last week on Northwest, made me long for United or American. Their boarding procedure turns into a pack of wild dogs and that is only the beginning.

burt
12-20-2007, 03:06 PM
Wow. Just as I guessed. Saul's a `metro.` :)

aaannnnndddd we now know that Saul is both fat AND short. Shit he has more chins than I do.....but then again I am 47...what's his excuse?

BigRedChief
12-20-2007, 03:34 PM
aaannnnndddd we now know that Saul is both fat AND short. Shit he has more chins than I do.....but then again I am 47...what's his excuse?
How do you know which one was Saul?

FAX
12-20-2007, 03:36 PM
L-R, Patteau, Stevieray, BigRedChief, DartGod, Rainman and KC Rush

Those are some big, honkin' Chiefs fans, right there. It looks like you guys had a great time. It is my fondest desire to join you folks at a game someday.

FAX

Skip Towne
12-20-2007, 03:43 PM
Which one is he?

Dartgod
12-20-2007, 03:56 PM
Those are some big, honkin' Chiefs fans, right there. It looks like you guys had a great time. It is my fondest desire to join you folks at a game someday.

FAX
I'm not fat! I'm big-boned, G-Dammit!

kc rush
12-20-2007, 04:33 PM

FAX

I was wearing several layers to keep warm. Yeah, thats it.

Rain Man
12-20-2007, 04:48 PM
Look into Frontier, Rain Man. I had no choice but to fly United a few trips ago, and all it did was remind me why I fired them in 2001.

Yeah, that's what I'm going to do, that or American or somebody. I've been boycotting Frontier because they didn't hire my firm to be their market research firm, but at the current time that is less of a sin than United's sin.

The older I get, the more companies I find myself boycotting.

DaFace
12-20-2007, 04:54 PM

Do you work for Frontier or something? Every time a thread about airlines comes up, your recommendation is "Fly Frontier."

Donger
12-20-2007, 05:12 PM
Yeah, that's what I'm going to do, that or American or somebody. I've been boycotting Frontier because they didn't hire my firm to be their market research firm, but at the current time that is less of a sin than United's sin.

The older I get, the more companies I find myself boycotting.

Considering where we live, I'd recommend that you not fly American.

Donger
12-20-2007, 05:13 PM
Do you work for Frontier or something? Every time a thread about airlines comes up, your recommendation is "Fly Frontier."

No, I don't. They do let me land the planes sometimes, however. Being a Summit member has its perks.

burt
12-20-2007, 05:17 PM

I use his wedding pic as an avatar elsewhwere ROFL .

Simply Red
12-20-2007, 08:26 PM
I don't, and yes I know you didn't quote me. Heck, I was just slingin some poo his way. Saul is a bud.

BigRedChief
12-20-2007, 10:43 PM
I'm not fat! I'm big-boned, G-Dammit!
I'm just well nourished and horizontally challenged.:harumph:

SPchief
12-20-2007, 10:50 PM
I use his wedding pic as an avatar elsewhwere ROFL .

obsess much?

ChiefsFan4Life
12-20-2007, 10:57 PM

I could have told you to avoid them before using them. I swore my last flight on them a year and a half ago and haven't flown with them since.

When I book a trip for work, sometimes the client/my company will ask "you couldn't find a cheaper flight than this?" and my response is typically "not without flying on United" and 90% of the time the response I get is "oh, no problem then, I understand". How they are still in business is beyond me.

BucEyedPea
12-20-2007, 11:10 PM
RainMan.
I betcha if you write to the president of United you might get your $100 back. That's what I've done in such situations. In fact I got a free-ticket once. Take it to the top when the peons won't act right.

BigRedChief
12-21-2007, 06:25 AM

FAX
Wellll just for that comment you can forget getting any jaggerbombs.:harumph: