PDA

View Full Version : CHUCK NORRIS WROTE TEBOW A LETTER

DaKCMan AP
12-12-2007, 09:11 AM
seriously... ROFL ROFL ROFL ROFL ROFL

http://link.brightcove.com/services/link/bcpid1126028622/bctid1336786930

about the 1:38 mark. Also a tiny Spurrier impersonation at 1:29.

Tough guy pen pal: Norris writes Tebow

By Michael DiRocco,
The Times-Union

GAINESVILLE - Chuck Norris doesn't use a pen. He frightens letters into words on a page.

And then he faxes the message to Tim Tebow.

That's apparently what happened Monday afternoon. Norris sent a letter to Florida's sophomore quarterback to congratulate him for winning the Heisman Trophy, certainly the most interesting aspect of Tebow's whirlwind two days following Saturday's award.

"Chuck Norris wrote me a really nice letter," Tebow said Tuesday morning upon his return to Gainesville. "[It said] just, 'Congratulations, proud of you' ... all that stuff."

The UF quarterback and the action movie star share a link on the Internet. Fans of the martial arts movie star created over-the-top Norris facts on the Internet, which poke fun at the actor's toughness in the roles he plays in movies and on television. The Web site www.ChuckNorrisfacts.com lists hundreds of Norris "facts" - such as "Chuck Norris can believe it's not butter" - and Florida fans have copied and adjusted them for Tebow.

There is even a Web site, www.TimTebowfacts.com, which includes so-called facts such as: Superman wears Tim Tebow pajamas.

Attempts to reach Norris on Tuesday were unsuccessful, possibly because Norris was busy leading a horse to water AND making it drink.

The note read:

"Dear Tim,

I'm sure you are receiving thousands of congratulations, and I'd like to add mine to the list. You are not only an incredible athlete, but from what I have read about you, an incredible person as well. My wife and I want to wish you the very best in your football season next year, which we will be watching, and also in all of your other endeavors.

A friend,

Chuck Norris (signed)"

Tebow received other congratulatory messages, too, including a phone message from Florida Gov. Charlie Crist. Tebow wasn't able to return most of them until Tuesday because of a hectic schedule of television shows, interviews, photo shoots, autograph signings, a formal dinner and other obligations Sunday and Monday.

"It was very busy, a lot of stuff to do," Tebow said. "They call it the city that doesn't sleep, and after that weekend, I believe them."

Tebow spent time with UF's other Heisman winners - Danny Wuerffel (1996) and Steve Spurrier (1966) - as well as 1982 winner Herschel Walker.

"[Walker] spoke twice, on Sunday and Monday night, and they were both awesome. I got to talk to him a while," Tebow said. "He was really cool.

"Something I really got from him was he was saying how a lot of people have great intentions and great wishes, but [don't] actually get up and do something. ... A lot of people have great intentions for things, but to actually get up and work for it ... that was something that was very motivating and cool."

Tebow did two television shows with Wuerffel - Fox & Friends and Fox Business on Monday. Tebow also visited the famous Carnegie Deli on Broadway, where he posed for a photo that eventually will end up on the deli's wall.

He also was able to get in a little sightseeing over the weekend, including the Rockettes' Christmas show at Radio City Music Hall.

Tebow arrived in Gainesville about 11 a.m. Tuesday and was driven to campus in an unmarked police car. After a 10-minute interview session, Tebow had a university photo shoot scheduled with the Heisman Trophy - which made the journey south in a gray case - and he planned to take a short nap before joining the team for practice for the first time in a week.

It'll be a while before the weary Tebow catches up on the sleep his missed in New York - and before the reality of being a Heisman Trophy winner sinks in, too.

"To tell you the truth, it hasn't [sunk in yet]," he said. "It is pretty surreal when you actually stop to think about it. It's pretty special."

http://www.jacksonville.com/tu-online/stories/121207/col_224811124.shtml

DaKCMan AP
12-12-2007, 09:13 AM
Also... always fun to beat out USC for a top recruit..

Top JuCo receiver picks UF

By ROBBIE ANDREU
Sun sports writer

Florida coach Urban Meyer enhanced his growing reputation as a national recruiter this weekend when he plucked the nation's No. 1 junior college wide receiver out of Southern Cal's backyard.

Carl Moore, a five-star prospect from Sienna Community College in Roseville, Calf., gave his pledge to Meyer and the Gators on Friday. Moore is rated the nation's No. 2 overall junior college prospect by Rivals.com.

The highly recruited Moore picked the Gators over Southern Cal.

Moore told Rivals.com that the Florida coaches have done the most comprehensive job recruiting him, citing recent visits from offensive coordinator Dan Mullen and wide receivers coach Billy Gonzales. Meyer is scheduled to visit Moore today to seal the commitment.

As an early enrollee, Moore will sign a national letter of intent with UF in the next week or two and start classes in January.

The 6-foot-4, 220-pound Moore is a big-time playmaker who is expected to take over the role in the UF offense that was filled by senior wide receiver Andre Caldwell. Despite double and triple coverage much of this past season, Moore caught 73 passes for 1,068 yards and 16 touchdowns. In his freshman season at Sienna, he caught 68 passes for about 1,000 yards and 15 touchdowns.

He is expected to have an immediate impact at UF, where the Gators must replace Caldwell and sophomore Jarred Fayson, who is transferring to another school (Clemson, West Virginia, Illinois or South Florida).

Moore is UF's 14th verbal commitment, which are non-binding. National signing day is Feb. 6.

http://www.gainesvillesun.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20071208/NEWS/71209007

Hootie
12-12-2007, 09:29 AM
this may come as a surprise to you but NONE of us care about Florida and NONE of us care about Tim Tebow...seriously.

Saulbadguy
12-12-2007, 09:31 AM
JUCO's are generally overrated.

Hammock Parties
12-12-2007, 09:31 AM
Someone has a mancrush.

bkkcoh
12-12-2007, 09:33 AM

so are most 5-star recruits out of high school. :banghead:

College recruiting is even more of a crap shoot then the NFL draft is....

DaKCMan AP
12-12-2007, 09:36 AM
so are most 5-star recruits out of high school. :banghead:

College recruiting is even more of a crap shoot then the NFL draft is....

True.. but gotta love the size & production (even though at JUCO).

DaKCMan AP
12-12-2007, 09:38 AM

Generally, yes. We hardly take JUCO's though. A recent JUCO we did take was Reggie Nelson, arguably the best player on our NC team and 1st round pick of the Jags. Sometimes it's a kid who has all the talent but couldn't qualify academically out of high school.

bkkcoh
12-12-2007, 09:41 AM
Generally, yes. We hardly take JUCO's though. A recent JUCO we did take was Reggie Nelson, arguably the best player on our NC team and 1st round pick of the Jags. Sometimes it's a kid who has all the talent but couldn't qualify academically out of high school.

It seems as if JUCO's (in both football and basketball) are the professional equivalent to FA's in the NFL. They are for stop gap measures to fill holes in programs. Sometimes they work, most of the time they don't.

crazycoffey
12-12-2007, 09:47 AM
this may come as a surprise to you but NONE of us care about Florida and NONE of us care about Tim Tebow...seriously.

I'm in agreement with Hootie.... :eek:

DaKCMan AP
12-12-2007, 09:54 AM
I'm in agreement with Hootie.... :eek:

I could care less what Hootie says/thinks. He has less credibility than Drew Peterson.

I could also care less about those who "don't care about Florida". I do, and that's all that matters to me. Don't like it, don't click on the thread. :thumb:

It's more relevant than 10pm threads, p00p threads and every other random discussion that goes on here.

crazycoffey
12-12-2007, 09:58 AM
I could care less what Hootie says/thinks. He has less credibility than Drew Peterson.

I could also care less about those who "don't care about Florida". I do, and that's all that matters to me. Don't like it, don't click on the thread. :thumb:

It's more relevant than 10pm threads, p00p threads and every other random discussion that goes on here.

This thread is worse than a poop thread, because it does not even have an entertainment value to tag on to it. Worthless and weak.

I have a right to click on it and say so too.... :thumb:

Hootie
12-12-2007, 09:59 AM
Uhm, no it isn't...we don't ****ing live in Florida...none of us like Florida athletics...

FIND A ****ING FLORIDA BOARD AND POST YOUR CHUCK NORRIS TIM TEBOW SHIT OVER THERE WHERE PEOPLE GIVE A ****!

crazycoffey
12-12-2007, 10:01 AM
cyber turrets?

DaKCMan AP
12-12-2007, 10:01 AM
Uhm, no it isn't...we don't ****ing live in Florida...none of us like Florida athletics...

FIND A ****ING FLORIDA BOARD AND POST YOUR CHUCK NORRIS TIM TEBOW SHIT OVER THERE WHERE PEOPLE GIVE A ****!

Then what else would you have to yell about? There are many planeteers that live in Florida.

When I post whatever I want about Florida in the future, please do enjoy.

Hootie
12-12-2007, 10:05 AM
Just explain to me why you're posting Florida related garbage on a Chiefs message board and then I'll shut up (only if you make a good point)...

Bob Dole
12-12-2007, 10:08 AM
TONY ROMO!

tim tebow.

TONY ROMO!

tim tebow.

Eleazar
12-12-2007, 10:18 AM

First time I ever agree with Hootie.

DaKCMan AP
12-12-2007, 10:19 AM
Just explain to me why you're posting Florida related garbage on a Chiefs message board and then I'll shut up (only if you make a good point)...

The same reason there's an Arkansas thread on a Chiefs message board, KU and MU threads on a Chiefs message board, there was a Heisman thread ona Chiefs message board, college playoff threads on a Chiefs message board, a vintage motorcycle thread on a Chiefs message board, a Boulevard beer thread on a Chiefs message board, Jessica Alba on a Chiefs message board.

None of those have to do with the Chiefs.

Hootie
12-12-2007, 10:19 AM
TONY ROMO!

tim tebow.

TONY ROMO!

tim tebow.
Totally agree.

Hootie
12-12-2007, 10:21 AM
The same reason there's an Arkansas thread on a Chiefs message board, KU and MU threads on a Chiefs message board, there was a Heisman thread ona Chiefs message board, college playoff threads on a Chiefs message board, a vintage motorcycle thread on a Chiefs message board, a Boulevard beer thread on a Chiefs message board, Jessica Alba on a Chiefs message board.

Arkansas thread is related to breaking news in the NFL...the Chiefs are in the NFL.

KU and MU threads because THAT IS OUR ****ING REGION.

Heisman = Big news

And all of that other crap can at least be interesting...

We're not Florida Gators fans...I'm sure you belong to a board full of them...why don't you keep your Tim Tebow gay mancrush shit over there and spare us the gayness, please...

DaKCMan AP
12-12-2007, 10:22 AM
Arkansas thread is related to breaking news in the NFL...the Chiefs are in the NFL.

Heisman = Big news

We're not Florida Gators fans...I'm sure you belong to a board full of them...why don't you keep your Tim Tebow gay mancrush shit over there and spare us the gayness, please...

There are KU and MU boards. This is a Chiefs board. They can post KU/MU stuff on KU/MU boards. You're being hypocritical, not that I'm surprised.

Hootie
12-12-2007, 10:29 AM
Hahahahaha.

A KU/MU college football thread is the same thing as a Florida college football thread on a KANSAS CITY CHIEFS message board?

What are you, 6?

Eleazar
12-12-2007, 10:51 AM
There are KU and MU boards. This is a Chiefs board. They can post KU/MU stuff on KU/MU boards. You're being hypocritical, not that I'm surprised.

There are many people here who care about MU/KU. I think what he's saying is I'm not sure who else cares about Tim Tebow.

DeepSouth
12-12-2007, 11:11 AM

I care about what Florida does. I'm an Auburn fan. Nice to see the players Auburn will beat in the SEC title game next year.

Ari ümlaüt
12-12-2007, 11:22 AM
SERIOUSLY, OMG I AM GOING TO WRITE A THREAD TITLE IN ALL CAPS AND HAVE HUGE ANNOYING TROLL LIKE SIGNATURE TO ANNOY EVERYONE ABOUT THE FLORIDA GATORS, WHEN CHIEFS FANS HAVE TO WALLER IN MEDIOCRITY, YOUR TEAM DOES GOOD AND YOU RUB IT IN EVERYONES FACE. THANKS FKHEAD.

DaKCMan AP
12-12-2007, 11:47 AM
There are many people here who care about MU/KU. I think what he's saying is I'm not sure who else cares about Tim Tebow.

I do. That's one. Looks like War eagle (DeepSouth) does too. So there's two. I'm sure ChiefGator does, three. There are some other members from the Tampa/Orlando/Jax area.

Ari ümlaüt
12-12-2007, 11:51 AM
so, you are a gloating prick. Do you have any other news?

DaKCMan AP
12-12-2007, 11:58 AM
so, you are a gloating prick. Do you have any other news?

LMAO

Someone's jealous. God forbid I be proud of my alma mater and enjoy success. It's not like my every post/thread is "FLORIDA'S GREAT - YOU ALL SUCK!!"

crazycoffey
12-12-2007, 12:20 PM

But they're all entertaining....

Chest Rockwell
12-12-2007, 12:25 PM

I don't mind you posting whatever you want, but good god man don't besmirch poop threads. Poop threads are a cornerstone of this community. Everybody poops. Calling poop threads random on this board is kinda like wiping your dirt button with the constitution.

crazycoffey
12-12-2007, 12:27 PM
Dirt button? ROFL

Ari ümlaüt
12-12-2007, 12:39 PM
LMAO

Someone's jealous. God forbid I be proud of my alma mater and enjoy success. It's not like my every post/thread is "FLORIDA'S GREAT - YOU ALL SUCK!!"

so, are you saying you aren't a gloating prick? Your avatar, signature and constant bantering about Florida seems to state otherwise.

DaKCMan AP
12-12-2007, 12:41 PM
so, are you saying you aren't a gloating prick? Your avatar, signature and constant bantering about Florida seems to state otherwise.

ROFL

My av & sig are my school pride. Deal with it.

Constant bantering? I'd say less than 10% of my nearly 10,000 posts are about the Gators.

88TG88
12-12-2007, 12:42 PM
ROFL

Simply Red
12-12-2007, 01:02 PM
why does this bother you so much?

DaFace
12-12-2007, 03:29 PM
Wow...I thought it was funny and didn't even think about the OP being a fan of the team. Some of yous guys need to take a deep breath...

mikey23545
12-12-2007, 03:46 PM
..why don't you keep your Tim Tebow gay mancrush shit over there and spare us the gayness, please...

I can't believe you spit Huard's cock out long enough to type that stupid ****ing post....

AggressiveNapkin
12-12-2007, 03:52 PM
http://bp0.blogger.com/_SO8Y3MIsoP8/Rm4jmS1DFdI/AAAAAAAAAsQ/vF1kxN_BaLY/s400/tim+tebow+gators+wear+jean+shorts.jpg

He also wears jorts and birkenstocks. Seems like a pretty big toolbag.

His jump pass also annoys me. Why the hell do you need to do that when you are 6'5??

sportsman1
12-12-2007, 04:51 PM
Ill just throw this in here b/c I dont know where else it should go....

Mcfadden got jipped. The Heisman has lost all meaning. Tebow is a fraud. I love Chuck Norris' endorsement of Huckabee but this is rediculous.

Tebow= Dumb White boy.
Mcfadden= Best Athlete to step on a football field in the state of Arkansas.

BigChiefFan
12-12-2007, 04:55 PM
McFadden is possibly the best player in the nation-he definitely should have won the Heisman Trophy.

Sure-Oz
12-12-2007, 04:58 PM
Tebow loves being a gator, he said it like 12x

Spott
12-12-2007, 05:46 PM
There's a lot of these bastards down here that started worshipping this guy the minute he signed a letter of intent to go to UF. It's almost like a cult the way these homers down here worship Spurrier and Tebow. I just wonder if they'll all still be drinking that Kool-Aid when McFadden is a star in the NFL and Tebow is selling insurance with Danny Weurrfel and Tommy Frazier.

DaKCMan AP
12-12-2007, 05:50 PM
There's a lot of these bastards down here that started worshipping this guy the minute he signed a letter of intent to go to UF. It's almost like a cult the way these homers down here worship Spurrier and Tebow. I just wonder if they'll all still be drinking that Kool-Aid when McFadden is a star in the NFL and Tebow is selling insurance with Danny Weurrfel and Tommy Frazier.

I care more about players winning us National Championships than having NFL success.

Bwana
12-12-2007, 06:15 PM
Hmmm? It not like getting a fax from the great Rich Scanlon, but it will have to do.

Skip Towne
12-12-2007, 06:20 PM

Heisman = Big news

I've told him 4,732 times to take his gloating ass elsewhere. He is a very annoying little man.