PDA

View Full Version : Oooh, the pain....

Rain Man
12-12-2007, 09:10 PM
...no, not the Chiefs. At least not until Sunday.

I just got a typhoid innoculation. I last had one about 15 years ago, and couldn't raise my arm for about 24 hours afterward. The technology hasn't changed, apparently.

I don't know what is different about typhoid, but it feels like a bad charlie horse starting about an hour after the shot, and just keeps getting worse for a while.

On the positive side, I'm like Super-man in the microbial world. Four shots today, and polio, Hep A, typhoid, and Yellow Fever now bounce off of my chest like tiny little dodge balls.

TinyEvel
12-12-2007, 09:12 PM
WTF? Are you about to go on safari or something?

If so, don't forget the orange socks.

Hammock Parties
12-12-2007, 09:13 PM
Pour yourself a stiff drink or six.

Buehler445
12-12-2007, 09:14 PM
Stretch. It will hurt like ****, but it may help.

Skip Towne
12-12-2007, 09:15 PM
The Air Force gave us some shot that didn't hurt at all until 30 minutes later. Then it really hurt for a couple of days. Don't know what it was.

Hammock Parties
12-12-2007, 09:17 PM
The Air Force gave us some shot that didn't hurt at all until 30 minutes later. Then it really hurt for a couple of days. Don't know what it was.

You were in the Air Force, old timer? Regale us with tales of ace combat. Did you ever encounter the Red Baron?

Skip Towne
12-12-2007, 09:17 PM

He's going to Arrowhead. The place is diseased.

prhom
12-12-2007, 09:23 PM
I just got a typhoid innoculation. I last had one about 15 years ago, and couldn't raise my arm for about 24 hours afterward. The technology hasn't changed, apparently.

Typhoid was the most painful shot I had a couple years ago, and I got the same set as you did plus a tetanus booster. I don't know why that was the worst one but it definitely hung on a lot longer than the others.

Did you know that you shed the virus for a couple weeks after the shot? Make sure you stay away from anyone who is on Chemo or has a weak immune system. They could get typhoid from you.

Rain Man
12-12-2007, 09:24 PM

I'll bet it was typhoid, because that's exactly what this is like. It just keeps getting more sore as time passes.

Rain Man
12-12-2007, 09:26 PM

I'm going to get in touch with my inner lemur for a while. Time to mark Madagascar and South Africa off my travel list, so I just got tickets for next summer.

DaFace
12-12-2007, 09:29 PM

Didn't you hear? Rain Man never works anymore since I'm there to handle all the dirty work.

stumppy
12-12-2007, 09:30 PM

Probably that permanent dose of Salt Peter.

Rain Man
12-12-2007, 09:30 PM
Did you know that you shed the virus for a couple weeks after the shot? Make sure you stay away from anyone who is on Chemo or has a weak immune system. They could get typhoid from you.

Really? How serious a risk is this?

Skip Towne
12-12-2007, 09:38 PM
Probably that permanent dose of Salt Peter.
If it was it didn't work.

Rain Man
12-12-2007, 09:39 PM
Didn't you hear? Rain Man never works anymore since I'm there to handle all the dirty work.

Shouldn't you be out beating up that little old lady who owes me money?

Skip Towne
12-12-2007, 09:44 PM
Typhoid was the most painful shot I had a couple years ago, and I got the same set as you did plus a tetanus booster. I don't know why that was the worst one but it definitely hung on a lot longer than the others.

Typhoid is not a virus. It is a bacteria.

Buehler445
12-12-2007, 09:45 PM
Shouldn't you be out beating up that little old lady who owes me money?

SCORE! Can I come face??

Mecca
12-12-2007, 09:51 PM
Rain man is going to end up getting eaten by some giant crocodile in the African jungle.