PDA

View Full Version : My Favorite Chief - Derrick Johnson

hawkchief
12-13-2007, 05:09 PM
The more I watch DJ play, and hear him speak, the more I like him. He plays harder than anyone on the field most every week, and listening to him you can tell he is a great dude that can play hard, yet not be an ass - (see Merriman). What a stud/leader to build a defense around. Barring injury, he's going to many a Pro-Bowl.

Phobia
12-13-2007, 05:10 PM
He bought your school a new swingset, didn't he?

penguinz
12-13-2007, 05:11 PM
and hear him speakHe speaks like he has had too many blows to the head.

Deberg_1990
12-13-2007, 05:12 PM
To me he appears to be an "All or nothing" type of guy.

He makes a huge play, then disappears for the rest of the game.

CupidStunt
12-13-2007, 05:12 PM
I like him a lot, too, but I'd be lying if I said I'm not disappointed with him right now. I want the guy to step up to the point where every football fan in America is calling the guy a Pro Bowl-worthy LB. He has that talent and he flashes it, either on a play, a series or in an entire game.

He was dominant in the first four games and has been merely good since. This is a guy that should have 80 tackles, 8 sacks and 4 INTs every single year; he has that ability. I really hope he gets there next year.

Archie Bunker
12-13-2007, 05:17 PM
I would love to see what DJ could do with a better supporting cast and a new DC. He is the most talented player on the defense but IMO Gun hasn't gotten the most out of him.