PDA

View Full Version : I'm not a real fan.

Phobia
12-13-2007, 08:35 PM
I turned down free tickets to Sunday's game. I think I would have turned them down if they offered me $20 to go. I'd have probably said yes if they offered me $25 an hour though.

Messier
12-13-2007, 08:37 PM
You're right.

Frazod
12-13-2007, 08:39 PM
I turned down free tickets to the Chiefs/Bears game.

I left tickets I bought for the Chiefs/Raiders game on the counter of a Lee's Summit QuickTrip on the way out of the KC area.

In so doing I saved myself from personally enduring two embarrassing losses.

I guess I'm not a real fan, either. But then again, the Chiefs aren't exactly a real team, are they? :shake:

Simply Red
12-13-2007, 08:41 PM
Who do the Chiefs play on Sunday?

chop
12-13-2007, 08:44 PM
I guess neither am I. I live in Michigan and the Chiefs are coming to town and I have not even looked into getting tickets for the game.

Donger
12-13-2007, 08:45 PM
Personally, I hope Arrowhead is a f*cking ghost town on Sunday. It's the ONLY TRUE way that fans can register their disdain, as far as I can tell.

Phobia
Who do the Chiefs play on Sunday?
I doubt they'll play.

StcChief
Titans and who cares

Buck
12-13-2007, 08:46 PM
Are you kidding? Vince Young in person?

It'll be 6 years (most likely) til you play the Titans at home again...

Pierce
The Titans.

Vince Young is going to make the Chiefs grab their ankles.

Chiefs will lose by 17.

dtebbe
I forgot this sunday was the last home game. Guess I'm not a real fan either. :shrug:

DT

Adept Havelock
12-13-2007, 08:47 PM
Wouldn't it be nice if only 5-10K showed up for the game? I'll bet Carl wouldn't poke his nose into the broadcast booth. Come to think of it, he hasn't done his usual appearance in a few weeks, unless it happened when I had my nose in a book because the game was too painful to focus on.

prhom
12-13-2007, 08:48 PM
someone should do a poll on how much money you would pay/have to be paid to go to a game

kcfan82
12-13-2007, 08:48 PM
I turned down free Bears/KC tickets this year, but that's an 8 hour drive on a Sunday during a weekend. So really it wasn't that big of a deal.....

Hopefully they fire Carl, so fans feel like they are going to see an organization who is trying to win rather than just getting you to show up.

Donger
12-13-2007, 08:49 PM
I'll be languishing in a multi-million $ condo in Winter Park this weekend, anyway. I shall 'royal wave' a few times in the general direction of Arrowhead as a token of my appreciation for all that Carl Peterson has done over the years for my favorite football team. His 'collective body of work,' so to speak.

Chest Rockwell
12-13-2007, 08:52 PM
I turned down free tickets to Sunday's game. I think I would have turned them down if they offered me $20 to go. I'd have probably said yes if they offered me $25 an hour though.

Me too...though your resistance is probably more impressive as I live in Colorado. I can say though, almost any other year I would've found a way to make it happen.

dtebbe
12-13-2007, 08:54 PM
I'll be languishing in a multi-million $ condo in Winter Park this weekend, anyway. I shall 'royal wave' a few times in the general direction of Arrowhead as a token of my appreciation for all that Carl Peterson has done over the years for my favorite football team. His 'collective body of work,' so to speak.

Are you skiing? If you are... I'm jealous. I'm jonesing bad for some time on the slopes! Which condos are you staying at?

If you've never tried it, check out De Antonio's Pizza in Frasier. It's a dive in a strip-center, but damn it's good. Real NY style pizza served by real new yawkers (attitude intact).

DT

Gonzo
12-13-2007, 08:56 PM
You mean the season is still going?

Shit, Can we forfeit? I'm sure the "Team" could use some time for X-Mas shopping.

StcChief
12-13-2007, 08:58 PM
You mean the season is still going?

Shit, Can we forfeit? I'm sure the "Team" could use some time for X-Mas shopping.
I said that, after tomorrow miss the plane and forfeit. who cares.
the fans in Det/NYJ don't care to see Chiefs.
everybody wins. except stadium vendors

Donger
12-13-2007, 08:59 PM
Are you skiing? If you are... I'm jealous. I'm jonesing bad for some time on the slopes! Which condos are you staying at?

DT

We haven't decided yet. Just a two hour drive and we'll figure it out from there. My kids aren't that fond of skiing, so we'll probably just tube on this trip. I don't know which condo it is. Five bedroom, blah, blah, blah. The wife arranged it all.

Phobia
12-13-2007, 09:00 PM
Me too...though your resistance is probably more impressive as I live in Colorado. I can say though, almost any other year I would've found a way to make it happen.
Yeah - it's only a 20 minute drive for me. My editor offered me tickets about 17 rows off the field. Honestly, I'll have a hard time watching this game on TV much less freezing in the stands.

Eleazar
12-13-2007, 09:01 PM
Wouldn't it be nice if only 5-10K showed up for the game? I'll bet Carl wouldn't poke his nose into the broadcast booth. Come to think of it, he hasn't done his usual appearance in a few weeks, unless it happened when I had my nose in a book because the game was too painful to focus on.

From what I hear he stopped by during the MU/KU game to congratulate himself on those two teams being great, simply from being based within a hundred miles or so of his aura of excellence.

dtebbe
12-13-2007, 09:02 PM
We haven't decided yet. Just a two hour drive and we'll figure it out from there. My kids aren't that fond of skiing, so we'll probably just tube on this trip. I don't know which condo it is. Five bedroom, blah, blah, blah. The wife arranged it all.

I never thought I say it, but that damn tubing hill in Frasier scared the hell out of me. We went there one night and it got a little icy. I swear to god we were going so fast when we hit the bottom you lost your stomach like a roller coaster....

Couldn't wait to go back the next day :)

Oh, and that pizza joint is in the strip center right at the bottom of the hill.

DT

Bearcat
12-13-2007, 09:05 PM

Not sure if you're being sarcastic, but either way, he's not a person I'd pay to see. When he played the Broncos this year, they were talking him up the entire game, and about his comebacks blah blah blah... and during the late 4th quarter drive, I realized the only way he was having success on his bid to comeback in that game was because of the prevent defense, and then he threw a pick. He's a real good athlete, but as a QB, I've seen him a few times and don't see why people are all that impressed. :shrug:

Donger
12-13-2007, 09:06 PM
I never thought I say it, but that damn tubing hill in Frasier scared the hell out of me. We went there one night and it got a little icy. I swear to god we were going so fast when we hit the bottom you lost your stomach like a roller coaster....

Couldn't wait to go back the next day :)

DT

My kids are psyched. We know where to go for them. Winter Park is great for family stuff. And, going over Berthoud Pass in the snow always makes my wife horny for some reason, so I've got that going for me.

Buck
12-13-2007, 09:08 PM
Not sure if you're being sarcastic, but either way, he's not a person I'd pay to see. When he played the Broncos this year, they were talking him up the entire game, and about his comebacks blah blah blah... and during the late 4th quarter drive, I realized the only way he was having success on his bid to comeback in that game was because of the prevent defense, and then he threw a pick. He's a real good athlete, but as a QB, I've seen him a few times and don't see why people are all that impressed. :shrug:

I was not being facetious. I never said you had to pay to watch him, but I don't think I'd turn down free tix...

Saulbadguy
12-13-2007, 09:08 PM
I'm going. Dunno why.

Iowanian
12-13-2007, 09:09 PM
I thought about coming down......but am pretty apathetic about it.

Adept Havelock
12-13-2007, 09:10 PM
From what I hear he stopped by during the MU/KU game to congratulate himself on those two teams being great, simply from being based within a hundred miles or so of his aura of excellence.

I remember that. That was the only time the TV was muted the entire game.

headsnap
12-13-2007, 09:11 PM
HELL YES I'D GO!!!

I mean, the Chiefs NEVER lose at home in December...
The Chiefs have a absurdly long winning streak against the Raiders...
Brett Favre has never beat the Chiefs...

oh wait, Hermie came to town and that is all out the window!!!

KEEP THE DAMN TICKETS! :mad:

Phobia
12-13-2007, 09:11 PM
I was not being facetious. I never said you had to pay to watch him, but I don't think I'd turn down free tix...

When you've been to as many games as I have and have always had hope of your team having a chance to win - even if it would be an amazing upset and then suddenly your team gives up.... That kind of sucks the passion out of the opportunity. Hopefully she gave the tickets to somebody who would get a lot more enjoyment out of it than I would have this week.

Bearcat
12-13-2007, 09:14 PM

Well, I wouldn't pay $20 to park and then watch him for free, either. :p

The best football game of the weekend , and IMO just about the only one worth watching, is Saturday morning in Florence, Alabama :)

Skip Towne
12-13-2007, 09:16 PM
The game is not on here (CBS) for the third consecutive week. In the past 15 years we have only missed one game per year. Even CBS has given up on the Chiefs.

AirForceChief
12-13-2007, 09:19 PM
Well, I wouldn't pay $20 to park and then watch him for free, either. :p

And the corporate bastards wouldn't ask you to pay $20 to park...they'd demand $22, just like they have all season long.

But WTF, I'm going anyway...my bro is doing the tailgate!

Chest Rockwell
12-13-2007, 09:31 PM
Yeah - it's only a 20 minute drive for me. My editor offered me tickets about 17 rows off the field. Honestly, I'll have a hard time watching this game on TV much less freezing in the stands.

I can't say I blame you at all. Weather (shows how far this whole thing has gone, normally I'd call anyone who said "it's gonna be to cold" a sissified gunt without a hair on their ass) played a bit of a role in my decision too. It makes me puke in my mouth a little to think of showing any kind of outward support as long as CP is still involved. I'll watch though, I'm one of the suckers who paysfor Sunday Ticket...what can I say, I love paying to be repeatedly kicked in the nuts and this is the only way I can do it and be guaranteed not to go to jail for solicitation.

Skip Towne
12-13-2007, 09:40 PM
My kids are psyched. We know where to go for them. Winter Park is great for family stuff. And, going over Berthoud Pass in the snow always makes my wife horny for some reason, so I've got that going for me.
I had a similar situation a few years back when we would cross out of Oklahoma into Arkansas. As we crossed the line the dog started barking, the wife got horny and I started looking for something to steal.

Donger
12-13-2007, 09:43 PM
I had a similar situation a few years back when we would cross out of Oklahoma into Arkansas. As we crossed the line the dog started barking, the wife got horny and I started looking for something to steal.

That's somewhat less spectacular, but as long as the result is the same...

ClevelandBronco
12-13-2007, 09:45 PM

Since you're a San Diego fan, you may not understand.

Most fans don't go to a game to enjoy watching the other team.

NashvilleRock.net
12-13-2007, 09:46 PM
Think how crazy I am! I'm flying in from Nashville to watch the Chiefs! I don't care though. It'll be my first game as a spectator and I plan to have fun and enjoy the tailgating as well as the game.....until Herm drives me to do something crazy.

JohninGpt
12-13-2007, 09:54 PM
.....until Herm drives me to do something crazy.
Enjoy the pregame show!

Phobia
12-13-2007, 09:55 PM
Think how crazy I am! I'm flying in from Nashville to watch the Chiefs! I don't care though. It'll be my first game as a spectator and I plan to have fun and enjoy the tailgating as well as the game.....until Herm drives me to do something crazy.
Yes, please do have fun. I'm a little spoiled and I take the Chiefs for granted. Don't let me or anybody else rain (or snow) on your parade.

dtebbe
12-13-2007, 10:24 PM

Lucky you. I don't think anything makes my wife horny. The last two times I drove over the pass it was night, showing hard, and near white-out. I still have half a PT cruiser seat up my ass.. the pucker factor was high.

DT

stumppy
12-13-2007, 10:26 PM
Lucky you. I don't think anything makes my wife horny.

DT

Try barking like a dog. Skip says it works like a charm.

Donger
12-13-2007, 10:28 PM
Lucky you. I don't think anything makes my wife horny.

Oh. Well, perhaps you should should move to Colorado? I always get a BJ when we drive up to Mt. Evans.

Spott
12-13-2007, 10:36 PM

Actually, KC will play one AFC South team at home this year. If KC and Tenessee both finish in 3rd this year, Tennessee will play at Arrowhead next year. BTW, San Diego will get the Colts in SD next year.

boogblaster
12-13-2007, 11:39 PM
Shame Shame .. free tickets if you lived close would be hard to turn down ... but weather is suspossed to be cold and snowy ....

Phobia
12-13-2007, 11:50 PM
Shame Shame .. free tickets if you lived close would be hard to turn down ... but weather is suspossed to be cold and snowy ....

I've been to cold games many times. I've never been to a cold game when there was no hope.

RustShack
12-13-2007, 11:56 PM

I would still LOVE to go to a Chiefs game!

Demonpenz
12-13-2007, 11:57 PM
mo dot is working on my street so i don't need to leave my house to watch people stand around and do nothing on the job

BigRedChief
12-14-2007, 06:39 AM
You just didn't want to hog Rainman's moment in the sun. If you were there it would have been all about you.:harumph:

BigRedChief
12-14-2007, 06:41 AM
Screw em. Just because the Chiefs suck doesn't mean we can't have some fun on gameday.

TEX
12-14-2007, 06:47 AM

You're not only a real fan for doing this - you're a REAL SMART one!

I'm far worse than you. Instead of making the annual trek to ARROWHEAD this year, I made 2 up to Dallas and watched the Cowboys. Much more entertaining product. I doubt I'll even venture back to KC for a game until Herm's gone - I HATE his brand of football.

Skip Towne
12-14-2007, 07:56 AM
I blame the whole thing on Rainman. Everything was fine until he bought tickets to a game. That cleared out the stadium.

ChiefsGirl
12-14-2007, 08:05 AM
I'm far worse than you. Instead of making the annual trek to ARROWHEAD this year, I made 2 up to Dallas and watched the Cowboys. Much more entertaining product.

That's too extreme for me. I won't waste the energy to switch the channel to the Cowboy game. Let alone drive the 10 minutes to Texas Stadium and pay $50 to park at the biggest cesspool of a stadium I have ever seen.

Messier
12-14-2007, 09:44 AM
As a fan I like to watch the team regardless of the win-loss record. I kind of feel that's what being a fan is all about. I don't mean to insult anyone, and I don't want it to come off as such, but you know, root, root, root, for the home team.

Sully
12-14-2007, 09:50 AM
I'm going, but as I said earlier this week... the good news is I can sit pretty much wherever I pick.

Simply Red
12-14-2007, 09:53 AM
Only Phil can create such a dull thread and get this many replies.

It's magical.

BigRedChief
12-14-2007, 09:55 AM
I'm going, but as I said earlier this week... the good news is I can sit pretty much wherever I pick.
You going to stop by the tailgate and say hay? Meet Rainman?

Sully
12-14-2007, 09:56 AM
I park on the other side, and I haven't decided how late I'm going, that's why I haven't replied on that thread. My tailgate crew is out this week, so it's definitely an option.

King_Chief_Fan
12-14-2007, 12:06 PM
As a fan I like to watch the team regardless of the win-loss record. I kind of feel that's what being a fan is all about. I don't mean to insult anyone, and I don't want it to come off as such, but you know, root, root, root, for the home team.

Carl had you at hello didn't he?

Sure-Oz
12-14-2007, 12:23 PM
We will WIN now that im not going, i was in denver last weekend and at that game, im now 0-7 career, 0-5 this season!

RNR
12-14-2007, 12:26 PM
We will WIN now that im not going, i was in denver last weekend and at that game, im now 0-7 career, 0-5 this season!
Hey lets go to the two Oakland games together next year :)

ChiefsGirl
12-14-2007, 12:26 PM

The Chiefs should put you on the payroll to stay home. :)

Sure-Oz
12-14-2007, 12:28 PM
Hey lets go to the two Oakland games together next year :)
haha you won't need me, we suck bad. I am pretty pissed at the shitty luck ive had. All games into it except the Jags. My very first game was the Colts vs Chiefs at home, last game of the season, we win, we are in the playoffs. lose, go home. Harbaugh torched us

Sure-Oz
12-14-2007, 12:28 PM
The Chiefs should put you on the payroll to stay home. :)
I seriously could use the extra money, if im a good fan i should go sunday so i can improve our draft slot.

RNR
12-14-2007, 12:30 PM
haha you won't need me, we suck bad. I am pretty pissed at the shitty luck ive had. All games into it except the Jags. My very first game was the Colts vs Chiefs at home, last game of the season, we win, we are in the playoffs. lose, go home. Harbaugh torched us
Well if there is any team that will break your streak its Oakland :shake: :)

Sure-Oz
12-14-2007, 12:32 PM
Well if there is any team that will break your streak its Oakland :shake: :)
haha maybe next year...i even lost all 2 pre-season games this year too :banghead:

Calcountry
12-14-2007, 12:56 PM
Think how crazy I am! I'm flying in from Nashville to watch the Chiefs! I don't care though. It'll be my first game as a spectator and I plan to have fun and enjoy the tailgating as well as the game.....until Herm drives me to do something crazy.My advice to you once in the parking lot: Start drinking heavily.

HemiEd
12-14-2007, 01:09 PM
And, going over Berthoud Pass .

Damn that brings back memories from a long time ago.

HemiEd
12-14-2007, 01:13 PM
The game is not on here (CBS) for the third consecutive week. In the past 15 years we have only missed one game per year. Even CBS has given up on the Chiefs.

Actually, the networks gave up before the season started. They were wise to what Herm was doing. Why else would a "playoff team" like the Chiefs have no prime time games, and the "non-playoff" Broncos have about 7?

Messier
12-14-2007, 02:29 PM
Carl had you at hello didn't he?

No, I can't stand Carl. I sure do like the Chiefs though. It's a shame you somehow feel you can't because of Carl.

BIG_DADDY
12-14-2007, 02:32 PM
What you have better things to do with your Sunday than watch your team have it's ass handed to it?

Frazod
12-14-2007, 02:34 PM

Damn, you're Bad Luck Shleprock.

By skipping the two games I missed this year, I maintained my 8-2 mark.

Rausch
12-14-2007, 02:39 PM
What you have better things to do with your Sunday than watch your team have it's ass handed to it?

Sadly, since 93 I really haven't... :banghead:

BIG_DADDY
12-14-2007, 02:52 PM
Sadly, since 93 I really haven't... :banghead:

I've really had a hard time watching the Chiefs this year. It makes me all pissed off and I don't want to feel like that. It would be different if they fired Herm and Carl, there would actually be some semblance of hope.

BIG_DADDY
12-14-2007, 02:58 PM
I am not sure at this point how people justify the price of going to a game. For the same price you could take your wife/significant other out to top notch restaurant and eat and drink your ass off having people wait on you all night. When you're done you would actually feel good a probably be up for a good night of doing the nasties.