PDA

View Full Version : Oh, the irony.

kstater
12-15-2007, 09:42 AM
http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3156000

Titans linemen Mawae, Stewart fined for late hits on Merriman

Updated: December 15, 2007, 9:48 AM ET

The San Diego Chargers and Tennessee Titans disagreee on whether the Titans attempted to retalliate against Chargers linebacker Shawne Merriman last Sunday for an earlier hit on Vince Young.

But ESPN's Chris Mortensen reports that the NFL has weighed in -- and deemed that hits by Titans tackle David Stewart and center Kevin Mawae merited discipline.

Mortensen reports that the NFL fined Stewart $12,500 and Mawae $5,000 for late hits on Merriman, who suffered sprained knee ligaments and will miss this week's game against the Detroit Lions.

Merriman was injured in the second quarter as he was blocked downfield by Mawae and Stewart.

Earlier this week, The (Nashville) Tennessean reported Merriman claimed that Titans coach Jeff Fisher ordered that the linebacker be hurt in retaliation for the shot on Young.

"I didn't order a hit," Fisher said, according to the Tennessean. "The play was designed and you saw it on the practice field if you watched practice. We're playing ball, that's all. ... He's a good player, but we're playing ball."

The newspaper said that several Chargers told Merriman that Mawae and another player were involved in the play with intentions of hurting Merriman.

OnTheWarpath15
12-15-2007, 09:48 AM
I would love to see video of these "hits."

I only saw the one where the TE cracked back on his ass and laid him out.

Merriman shows what a real pussy he is. He gets paid to hit a QB when they aren't looking. But he's pissed when offensive players do it to him?

Lights out, bitch.

unothadeal
12-15-2007, 09:59 AM
Is this when he got injured?

<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/bpfzBZe8EII&rel=1"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/bpfzBZe8EII&rel=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>

Iowanian
12-15-2007, 10:08 AM
I hope they stood over him and did that faggy siezure dance he does every time he blindsides someone......

Eff Maryman.

Reaper16
12-15-2007, 10:15 AM
They didn't do a good enough job of hurting him, apparently. They need to try harder next time.

C-Mac
12-15-2007, 10:27 AM
I thought that football was all about pain and intimidation...especially at the linebacker position. Wonder why it is that I enjoy watching Riodman get owned even more than Ray Lewis. What a cry baby, he would have never lasted playing in the Art Donovan time period.

HemiEd
12-15-2007, 10:35 AM
I thought that football was all about pain and intimidation...especially at the linebacker position. Wonder why it is that I enjoy watching Riodman get owned even more than Ray Lewis. What a cry baby, he would have never lasted playing in the Art Donovan time period.

The fact that he ended(in reality) Priest's career, is the reason I love seeing him get hurt. I just wish our players had done it. Now bring on Gaethers.

ROYC75
12-15-2007, 10:55 AM
Screw roidman...........

StcChief
12-15-2007, 02:21 PM
The fact that he ended(in reality) Priest's career, is the reason I love seeing him get hurt. I just wish our players had done it. Now bring on Gaethers.roid man/Gaithers needs to removed from NFL one way or the other.... they are exactly what's WRONG with the game

blueballs
12-15-2007, 03:24 PM
After the Goliath that is Maurice-Jones Drew
lit up Missyman
what kind of puss would pass up the chance

Lonewolf Ed
12-15-2007, 03:28 PM
After the Goliath that is Maurice-Jones Drew
lit up Missyman
what kind of puss would pass up the chance

That was just way too sweet when he decked Roidman!