PDA

View Full Version : What was the coolest Christmas gift given to you?

RNR
12-15-2007, 01:26 PM
It may sound corny but we never had much money. Heck Christmas was when I got a new shirt and pants for school LOL. Anyway when I was eight years old my dad bought me a real leather football, I slept with it and took it everwhere I went. Heck I wore that ball out! had tape holding the innertube from popping out in the holes worn on the ends. Still the coolest gift ever :)

cdcox
12-15-2007, 01:29 PM
BB gun.

evolve27
12-15-2007, 01:31 PM
A Huffy Bike.

Deberg_1990
12-15-2007, 01:32 PM
Electric Football.

CoMoChief
12-15-2007, 01:33 PM
remote control airplane.

Went up to Jacomo and flew it. Hard as shit to learn how to fly it. I ended up crashing it a few years later because one of the controls jammed and got stuck.

evolve27
12-15-2007, 01:37 PM
remote control airplane.

Went up to Jacomo and flew it. Hard as shit to learn how to fly it. I ended up crashing it a few years later because one of the controls jammed and got stuck.

Sounds like Herm's offense.

alanm
12-15-2007, 01:39 PM
Electric Football.
Hockey game. With the sliding players. I think one of my sisters still has has it when they bought my Parents house after my Dad passed away.

Hammock Parties
12-15-2007, 01:42 PM
Never received an xmas gift.

Phobia
12-15-2007, 01:42 PM
It was when they flew me to Germany to detach the mass of flesh that should have been my twin brother from my sternum. Best Christmas ever. I actually got to eat ham without having to reach the fork around my brother's shoulder to hit my mouth.

ZootedGranny
12-15-2007, 01:45 PM
It has to be the NES my mom bought me the year it dropped, not only for the entertainment it brought me, but her efforts in getting it.

Had I been in her position, I would've told the 4 year old me to **** off for asking "Santa" for anything that costs $200. But she didn't and instead drove 40 miles in a snow storm to get the last one they had at a Children's Palace, only to slide into a ditch on the way back.

Hammock Parties
12-15-2007, 01:45 PM
It was when they flew me to Germany to detach the mass of flesh that should have been my twin brother from my sternum. Best Christmas ever. I actually got to eat ham without having to reach the fork around my brother's shoulder to hit my mouth.

HOLY SHIT, DUDE

BucEyedPea
12-15-2007, 01:47 PM
#1 Cuisinart
#2 Telescope
#3 Sunbeam Mixer

Adept Havelock
12-15-2007, 01:50 PM
A first edition of Hemingway's "The Old Man and the Sea".

Not just the book, but because of what it meant to the giver.

UteChief
12-15-2007, 01:54 PM
It was either the Batwing from Batman Returns or a Sega Genesis.

When I received the Batwing I had already found most of the presents I was getting underneath my parents bed. So, alas I knew or though I knew Santa wasn't real. The morning I went out and seen the Batwing it was awesome. It was something I wanted and didn't tell anyone.

The Sega was great too. It came with Joe Montana's football 93. I played that game to much. I was amazing. Once there was a kid that was friends buddy. He was talking shit about how good he was and I told him I'd play him. I was up 100 to nothing at the end of the first half. He didn't finish the game.

mikeyis4dcats.
12-15-2007, 01:59 PM
the GI Joe space shuttle complex. It was huge.

Skip Towne
12-15-2007, 02:02 PM

When I received the Batwing I had already found most of the presents I was getting underneath my parents bed. So, alas I knew or though I knew Santa wasn't real. The morning I went out and seen the Batwing it was awesome. It was something I wanted and didn't tell anyone.

The Sega was great too. It came with Joe Montana's football 93. I played that game to much. I was amazing. Once there was a kid that was friends buddy. He was talking shit about how good he was and I told him I'd play him. I was up 100 to nothing at the end of the first half. He didn't finish the game.
Hootie was better. /Hootie

Bugeater
12-15-2007, 02:03 PM
A former employer gave me a '66 Mustang, I don't think any gift will ever top that.

Fish
12-15-2007, 02:15 PM
The morning I woke up and found Greyskull castle set up by the tree. My dad put it all together the night before. Best gift ever...

http://www.retrotrader.com/catalog/images/new027%20106.jpg

Fishpicker
12-15-2007, 02:22 PM
The Devastator 6 in 1 Transformer.

<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/x3UVB43h_84&rel=1"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/x3UVB43h_84&rel=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>

Phobia
12-15-2007, 02:26 PM
The morning I woke up and found Greyskull castle set up by the tree. My dad put it all together the night before. Best gift ever...

http://www.retrotrader.com/catalog/images/new027%20106.jpg
Man, I'll bet it was awesome walking around in that thing.

Baby Lee
12-15-2007, 02:32 PM
#1 Cuisinart
Cuisinart what?

The food processor?

Call me a Cuisinart fan-boi

Food processor, grind/brew coffee maker, Griddler, rice cooker, blender, toaster, even their silicone utensils.

And my fave of all, my big Cuisinart waffle maker.

If I didn't already have a Kitchenaid mixer, I'd love one of those new Cuisinart babies.

BucEyedPea
12-15-2007, 02:35 PM
Yes the food processor...it makes so many things soooo easy.

I would love a rice cooker too. I have a waffle-maker, pizzle maker, cool hi-tech stainless steel blender, and toaster.

Now I have hundreds of around-the-world-cookies to make each Christmas. I have really cool designer molds for some of these from Germany and Switzerland too.

StillHonest
12-15-2007, 02:41 PM
Schwinn StingRay with the Banana Seat....man, that was hot.

2bikemike
12-15-2007, 02:45 PM
This is the coolest and most influential gift I ever got.

Deberg_1990
12-15-2007, 02:51 PM
anybody ever recieve one of these for Christmas??

Extra Point
12-15-2007, 03:04 PM
My green insulated coveralls, given to me by my wife back in '85, which I still wear, which now fit way tight. Lots of sledding with the kids, trees felled, limbs cut, home structural work done.

Brock
12-15-2007, 03:05 PM
Black powder rifle.

Phobia
12-15-2007, 03:05 PM
Black powder rifle.
That would be pretty cool.

Ari ümlaüt
12-15-2007, 03:07 PM
When I got an Atari for christmas I went apeshit.

KCHawg
12-15-2007, 03:09 PM
I still have mine around here somewhere.

Mile High Mania
12-15-2007, 03:30 PM
Sounds corny, but... my first child (son) was born 17 days early on Christmas day. So, I would definitely have to say that's the best thing I've received on Christmas.

greg63
12-15-2007, 03:34 PM
"Eternal life"

damaticous
12-15-2007, 03:34 PM
BB gun.

Ralphy...is that you?

http://www.thedailyreel.com/spotlight/commercials/archive/2006/11/29/cingular-youll-run-your-bill-up/image

damaticous
12-15-2007, 03:37 PM

My dad had one of those. I played that thing till it wouldn't play anymore.

RNR
12-15-2007, 06:04 PM
Honda 50cc damn I wanted one of those!!! A buddy of mine had one and let me ride it from time to time. Very cool!

FAX
12-15-2007, 06:13 PM
The biggest Christmas gift I ever got or gave was a car. But, the coolest gift I ever received was, by far, my Fender guitar. I shed a tear when I opened it.

FAX

JohninGpt
12-15-2007, 06:28 PM
Honda MiniTrail Z50. My first bike as well!

JohninGpt
12-15-2007, 06:31 PM
The bain of elementary and middle school teachers in the early '80's.
I've had a couple.

Iowanian
12-15-2007, 06:55 PM
redemption.

'Hamas' Jenkins
12-15-2007, 06:59 PM
What was that thing we used to eat back in the day? What was it... oh yeah, pussy.

JohninGpt
12-15-2007, 07:05 PM
What was that thing we used to eat back in the day? What was it... oh yeah, pussy.
Be careful, take too big a bite and it tastes like crap.

ChiefFan31
12-15-2007, 07:46 PM
The coolest gift, that I still remember how excited I was at getting was one of the fighters from Star Wars.

It was the fighter they used in the Planet Hoth. like when Luke used that cable to shoot at the big ****ers legs to make it crash.

Pardon, cannot remember the name of it.

morphius
12-15-2007, 07:50 PM
The coolest gift, that I still remember how excited I was at getting was one of the fighters from Star Wars.

It was the fighter they used in the Planet Hoth. like when Luke used that cable to shoot at the big ****ers legs to make it crash.

Snow speeder.

(nerd check, I know)

JohninGpt
12-15-2007, 07:53 PM

I got a "Battlestar Gallactica" bad guy (Cylon?) fighter one year, it had the little plastic spring loaded laser bolts. It was the $hit.

DomerNKC
12-15-2007, 07:55 PM

The Sega was great too. It came with Joe Montana's football 93. I played that game to much. I was amazing. Once there was a kid that was friends buddy. He was talking shit about how good he was and I told him I'd play him. I was up 100 to nothing at the end of the first half. He didn't finish the game.WTF??? You should warn people before dropping bombs like that! NSFW or SPOILER ahead or something sheesh!!! There goes my Christmas. Thanks scrooge!

DomerNKC
12-15-2007, 07:58 PM
"Eternal life"now that was corny!

luv
12-15-2007, 07:59 PM
A 10-speed I got as a kid. Not necessarily the "coolest", but the work it took me to get it made it probably the most memorable. I had a not in a box that was wrapped that was a clue to another note. I followed clues all over the house. The last one said to go back to the tree. When I walked in the living room, the bike was next to the tree.

Or the gift wrapped inside a gift wrapped inside a gift wrapped inside a gift thing I had to go through when I got my class ring for Christmas my junior year of high school.

morphius
12-15-2007, 08:30 PM
I got a "Battlestar Gallactica" bad guy (Cylon?) fighter one year, it had the little plastic spring loaded laser bolts. It was the $hit.
I had the Viper when I was young, but it didn't really shoot things out and was pretty small. It did have a little red dot that popped out the front, but it didn't actually shoot. At least I don't think it did.

Kraut
12-15-2007, 08:33 PM
Atari 2600 :thumb:

JohninGpt
12-15-2007, 08:44 PM
I had the Viper when I was young, but it didn't really shoot things out and was pretty small. It did have a little red dot that popped out the front, but it didn't actually shoot. At least I don't think it did.
Was the "Viper" the kind of disk shaped one with the wings that extended out from the body? On mine, when you pulled the wings out, it exposed the plastic laser bolt thingies.

1ChiefsDan
12-15-2007, 08:57 PM
anybody ever recieve one of these for Christmas??Haha - the only "video" game we ever had growing up. Thought it was cool when my cousing got Atari with Pong! Never really missed not having video games. We actually went outside and did things. One reason we haven't bought the kids any of the video games - they actually get exercise doing things.

Phobia
12-15-2007, 09:01 PM
Honestly though, I've been spoiled over the years. There was the year my wife bought me a Tag Heuer Link watch.... and many other years where I received quality gifts.

But none like the one my sister got me 6 or 7 years back.

My ex-wife took every single picture with her when she left - pictures from my childhood, Desert Storm, and individual pictures of my children and I. Even though she was court ordered to return them, she never did.

So one year my sister gathered every picture she could find of my girls and I (from Mom & Dad's collection) and scanned them to CD. She had purchased a scanner specifically for the project. Then she picked some of her favorites and put them in an album.

I cried like a baby when I opened it.

JohninGpt
12-15-2007, 09:08 PM
After some serious thought, the best gift I ever got was from my brother. He gave me a framed picture of our Grandpa which was taken while we framed my brotheers cabin on Grand Lake. It was the last time I saw Grandpa alive.
I was in tears when I found that picture in the rubble of my house in Biloxi.

Manila-Chief
12-15-2007, 10:17 PM
.22 rifle we didn't have much, either, and that was a huge suprise.

JohninGpt
12-15-2007, 10:22 PM
.22 rifle we didn't have much, either, and that was a huge suprise.
Hey MC, what part of MS are you in. I've spent about 17 of the last 20 on the coast. I'm about to retire from the Navy, and have considered Meridian as my final destination if I can get a job with PWD at NAS. My wife is Pinay and I'm wondering if you know anything about that area.

morphius
12-15-2007, 10:28 PM
Was the "Viper" the kind of disk shaped one with the wings that extended out from the body? On mine, when you pulled the wings out, it exposed the plastic laser bolt thingies.
No, the Viper is the Human ship, a search on the internet tells me the bad guys had Raiders. Go figure, your best toy was a Raider :P

JohninGpt
12-15-2007, 10:37 PM
Go figure, your best toy was a Raider :P
Damn! Well, sepiku being out of the question, how do I atone?

morphius
12-15-2007, 10:39 PM
Eh, the Chiefs have been using the Raiders like toys for a few years, so I think your safe :D

JohninGpt
12-15-2007, 10:46 PM
My ex-wife took every single picture with her when she left - pictures from my childhood, Desert Storm, and individual pictures of my children and I.
Heh, again I lost all that stuff in Katrina, but a buddy of mine showed me an old cruise book a few months ago that had a picture of the two of us in Northern Iraq during Desert Storm, damn I was a studdly young man!

Manila-Chief
12-16-2007, 12:05 AM
Hey MC, what part of MS are you in. I've spent about 17 of the last 20 on the coast. I'm about to retire from the Navy, and have considered Meridian as my final destination if I can get a job with PWD at NAS. My wife is Pinay and I'm wondering if you know anything about that area.

I'm in Olive Branch ... 7 miles to Memphis from my house. Meridian is about 50 miles or so South of where I grew up (over in Bama ... about 1/2 down the state), but I've been away so long that I'm not the one to ask. I would think it is an okay area coz the base there should have introduced a more open/international type of community. It's not a huge city, but should be a great place to live.

Where did your wife grow up? Just hearing about her makes me homesick.

JohninGpt
12-16-2007, 12:17 AM
I'm in Olive Branch ... 7 miles to Memphis from my house. Meridian is about 50 miles or so South of where I grew up (over in Bama ... about 1/2 down the state), but I've been away so long that I'm not the one to ask. I would think it is an okay area coz the base there should have introduced a more open/international type of community. It's not a huge city, but should be a great place to live.

Where did your wife grow up? Just hearing about her makes me homesick.
My wife is from Cebu City. I'm a Navy Seabee and spent most of my career at Naval Construction Battalion Center Gulfport.
My wife has been in the States since 1985, I met her in Gulfport in Jan, 1993. Like I said, we spent most of our time on the coast, but after Katrina, there is nothing left there for me. I intend to move to the Tulsa area (where I grew up) when I retire in April, but I am still intrigued by Meridian if there is work there. Work is available in Gulfport/Biloxi, but everything I liked about the place (the history) is gone, plus real estate has went through the roof, so I've pretty much ruled that out.
Real estate in meridian is cheap.