PDA

View Full Version : **Offical KU vs Ohio at the SPRINT CENTER thread**

BWillie
12-15-2007, 04:05 PM
Let the Jayhawk's first visit to the Sprint Center be a spectacular victory. I wish I was there, but I was too lazy to get tickets. I shall just wait until the Big 12 tournament this year.

Rock Chalk

supercoupe91
12-15-2007, 04:06 PM
Boomer freaking Sooner.

Spott
12-15-2007, 04:07 PM
Get a life you little homo.

supercoupe91
12-15-2007, 04:08 PM
Get a life you little homo.

Pipe down baby carrot.

Saulbadguy
12-15-2007, 04:09 PM
I see deadbeat daddy is starting and playing well. Good luck to him.

Spott
Go back to your trailer park and **** some sheep, dickwad.

Skip Towne
WHOA!!!!! The red uni's.

chiefsfan987
12-15-2007, 04:10 PM
and ESPN fails to get us to the tipoff for the 2 time in 3 tries this season.

They really need to start putting their games in a 2:15 - 2:20 window because you never get to see the tipoff of the second game of double headers on that channel.

supercoupe91
12-15-2007, 04:11 PM
Go back to your trailer park and **** some sheep, dickwad.

I live in Overland Park.

Saulbadguy
12-15-2007, 04:11 PM
It looks like Christmas on the court.

DaKCMan AP
12-15-2007, 04:12 PM
The reds are hideous.

DaKCMan AP
12-15-2007, 04:12 PM
It'd be nice if those cheap bastards would broadcast this in HD.

Mr. Laz
12-15-2007, 04:13 PM
17-9 Hawks

supercoupe91
12-15-2007, 04:13 PM
Oklahoma is playing Arkansas on ESPN2.

Saulbadguy
12-15-2007, 04:15 PM
Oklahoma is playing Arkansas on ESPN2.
That game is over, dumbass.

Mr. Laz
12-15-2007, 04:16 PM
22-9

Mr. Laz
12-15-2007, 04:16 PM
Rush throwing stuff up

Mr. Laz
12-15-2007, 04:17 PM
another block

supercoupe91
12-15-2007, 04:17 PM
That game is over, dumbass.

Crap! I was behind on the DVR. Who won?

Mr. Laz
12-15-2007, 04:18 PM
sooners

Skip Towne
12-15-2007, 04:19 PM
The reds are hideous.
Have you seen the gold ones?

Mr. Laz
now ..... let's see if we can keep from letting up and just put this thing away early.

BWillie
Rush makin' it rain with 11 already.

Mr. Laz
12-15-2007, 04:21 PM
so far we are playing some pretty good "D"

helping out but not over-rotating .... focused

very nice

i still want to see the ball go inside more on offense though.

chiefsfan987
12-15-2007, 04:22 PM
The reds are hideous.

I don't think they're that bad. They're better than the hideous powder blue w/ dark blue and white pants the Royals are going to wear this year.

DaKCMan AP
12-15-2007, 04:24 PM
Have you seen the gold ones?

No, why can't they just stick with what looks good - their whites & blues.

chiefsfan987
12-15-2007, 04:26 PM
What's that supposed to mean? "From the smell of Kansas City "... LOL

Mr. Laz
little token half court pressure :clap:

Mr. Laz
our entry passes are still weak though

Mr. Laz
12-15-2007, 04:28 PM
ohio is starting to collapse inside .... almost a 2-1-2 zone ..... we gotta be patience and make the extra pass and not just jack up a shot.

Skip Towne
12-15-2007, 04:30 PM
No, why can't they just stick with what looks good - their whites & blues.
Don't know. KU is the only team in the Big XII that wears blue.

chiefsfan987
12-15-2007, 04:32 PM
Its rainin three's.

Skip Towne
12-15-2007, 04:35 PM
Almost time for Teahan, Reed and Aldrich.

Mr. Laz
12-15-2007, 04:44 PM
Don't know. KU is the only team in the Big XII that wears blue.
ignore him ..... he just doesn't like anything without a picture of a limp dick on it.

http://img505.imageshack.us/img505/3302/floridastatemapwn6.jpg

Mr. Laz
12-15-2007, 04:51 PM
46-20 at the half

chiefsfan987
12-15-2007, 05:16 PM
The fans are bored.

CoMoChief
12-15-2007, 05:17 PM
Kaun with another missed 3ft shot.

Mr. Laz
12-15-2007, 05:20 PM
Kaun with another missed 3ft shot.
you dumb ass

kaun with the left-handed make

kaun with the slam

kaun with the screen

Ari ümlaüt
12-15-2007, 05:21 PM
they should have worn the blues today, many of the fans don't get to see them that often... and they wear the red?

CoMoChief
12-15-2007, 05:23 PM
they should have worn the blues today, many of the fans don't get to see them that often... and they wear the red?
Why does that matter.

I happen to like them. Though I thought they wore them when they played on Sundays.

chiefsfan987
12-15-2007, 05:24 PM

What do you mean the fans don't get to see them that often? They're on tv every game and KC is only a few miles from Lawrence.

CoMoChief
12-15-2007, 05:24 PM
you dumb ass

kaun with the left-handed make

kaun with the slam

kaun with the screen
Kaun has the most missed shots inside 3 ft in the big12, maybe the entire nation, quite possible in the whole world and at any level of basketball.

Mr. Laz
12-15-2007, 05:28 PM
Kaun has the most missed shots inside 3 ft in the big12, maybe the entire nation, quite possible in the whole world and at any level of basketball.
and yet he still leads the #3 team in the nation in shooting % and blocks.

chiefsfan987
12-15-2007, 05:28 PM
KU gettin pretty sloppy with the ball.

Skip Towne
12-15-2007, 05:30 PM
Aldrich missed from 2 feet. GET RID OF HIM!!!!!!!!

CoMoChief
12-15-2007, 05:36 PM
and yet he still leads the #3 team in the nation in shooting % and blocks.
Shooting % is a misleading stat for big men. They are significantly closer to the rim taking much higher % shots and generally are the worst shooters on the team. Especially for someone who's minutes have been reduced. Kaun has 1 more minute of PT than Rush, and he's been hurt part of the season.

That's like saying Kaun could be avg 6 ppg when going 3-3 every game of the season and leading the number 3 team in the nation in shooting %.

I will give him credit for blocks, though if you're almost 7ft tall you better be blocking someone during the game.

CoMoChief
12-15-2007, 05:37 PM
Aldrich missed from 2 feet. GET RID OF HIM!!!!!!!!
Aldrich is a feshman. Kaun is a senior and is still missing the same kind of shots. He's been doing this shit all throughout his college career.

the Talking Can
12-15-2007, 05:40 PM
benching Kaun for Jackson is one of the smartest moves Self has made...the results are obvious...Jackson's game has moved to another level....

Skip Towne
12-15-2007, 05:45 PM
Aldrich is a feshman. Kaun is a senior and is still missing the same kind of shots. He's been doing this shit all throughout his college career.
We don't use him for offense you ignorant dipshit. You're too stupid to be a Beaker.

Bump
12-15-2007, 05:51 PM
damn! Cole Aldrich coming out of nowhere for the follow up dunk!!

Bump
12-15-2007, 05:53 PM
benching Kaun for Jackson is one of the smartest moves Self has made...the results are obvious...Jackson's game has moved to another level....

definately! Kaun is good to have coming off the bench, but definately not a starter or a guy you need to rely on. Jackson played very well today!

CoMoChief
12-15-2007, 05:55 PM
We don't use him for offense you ignorant dipshit. You're too stupid to be a Beaker.
Doesnt matter, the shots he is missing are shots that a middle schooler can make. Kaun hasn't developed at all on the offensive side of the ball, not in four years other than the fact that he probably doesn't play as timid as he once did earlier in his college career, but that doesn't matter regardless if you can't make shit from inside a few feet. I'm not asking for him to be a primary or even secondary look on offense, but god damn make the shots you're supposed to make. Everyone misses from inside every once and a while, but Kaun takes that to another level. He's Kevin Young bad, from inside. It's at the point where he's a liability on the court, especially if it's a close game towards the end.

The guy can play decent defense. But for as big as he is he should be a lot better rebounder than what he is now.

I will strongly agree that benching Kaun for Jackson was a very good move on Self's part.

alanm
12-15-2007, 05:59 PM
In other Big 12 news Nebraska beats #16 Oregon 88-79 in OT. :thumb:

kstater
12-15-2007, 05:59 PM

Heh, they rushed the court.

the Talking Can
12-15-2007, 06:00 PM

great win for the Big12...

tech got whipped by new mexico

|Zach|
12-15-2007, 06:04 PM
Serious?

kstater
12-15-2007, 06:05 PM
Serious?

Yup

Mr. Laz
12-15-2007, 06:07 PM
QFT

BWillie
12-15-2007, 06:08 PM
Doesnt matter, the shots he is missing are shots that a middle schooler can make. Kaun hasn't developed at all on the offensive side of the ball, not in four years other than the fact that he probably doesn't play as timid as he once did earlier in his college career, but that doesn't matter regardless if you can't make shit from inside a few feet. I'm not asking for him to be a primary or even secondary look on offense, but god damn make the shots you're supposed to make. Everyone misses from inside every once and a while, but Kaun takes that to another level. He's Kevin Young bad, from inside. It's at the point where he's a liability on the court, especially if it's a close game towards the end.

The guy can play decent defense. But for as big as he is he should be a lot better rebounder than what he is now.

I will strongly agree that benching Kaun for Jackson was a very good move on Self's part.

Are you retarded? You talk about all these shots Kaun misses that he's supposed to make. He has the best FG % on the entire team, throughout his four years at Kansas. Kaun is a valuable player to this team. He plays solid defense, can block shots, and is a big body to take up space. Maybe you just don't like foriegn people with shaggy hair?

CoMoChief
12-15-2007, 06:12 PM
Are you retarded? You talk about all these shots Kaun misses that he's supposed to make. He has the best FG % on the entire team, throughout his four years at Kansas. Kaun is a valuable player to this team. He plays solid defense, can block shots, and is a big body to take up space. Maybe you just don't like foriegn people with shaggy hair?
Kaun's hair wasn't shaggy until this season, I've hated his play for 4 years now.

I said this in a previous post. Big men have the highest % on the team because they are closer to the rim and shoot higher % shots, having that said they are generally the worst shooters on the team. He does play good defense but isn't a good rebounder and being almost 7ft tall that's saying something. Jackson is much better and can pound around inside better (that's what she said), he's a bruiser. I'd take him anyday of the week over Kaun.

Mr. Laz
12-15-2007, 06:13 PM
benching kaun for Jackson is fine ..... benching Kaun for arthur isn't imo

Kaun and Jackson should start

most of our scoring is gonna come from the guards.

Jackson/Kaun provide us with our best defense and rebounding in the paint.

BWillie
12-15-2007, 06:13 PM
Kaun's hair wasn't shaggy until this season, I've hated his play for 4 years now.

I said this in a previous post. Big men have the highest % on the team because they are closer to the rim and shoot higher % shots, having that said they are generally the worst shooters on the team. He does play good defense but isn't a good rebounder and being almost 7ft tall that's saying something. Jackson is much better and can pound around inside better, he's a bruiser. I'd take him anyday of the week over Kaun.

So what. That refutes your statement that he "misses the shots he's supposed to make". Who cares if he's dunking the ball or shooting 2 foot shots. The point is they are going in. What is he shooting like 70% for the year?

supercoupe91
12-15-2007, 06:15 PM
So what. That refutes your statement that he "misses the shots he's supposed to make". Who cares if he's dunking the ball or shooting 2 foot shots. The point is they are going in. What is he shooting like 70% for the year?

Kaun sucks, but everyone else on your team is pretty damn good.

Easily a 1 seed, I'd just be weary of upsets come March.

Mr. Laz
12-15-2007, 06:15 PM
What is he shooting like 70% for the year?

80%

BWillie
12-15-2007, 06:17 PM
80%

Man that is horrible. Just horrible. Lets give him the boot, and give Kleinman his minutes.

|Zach|
12-15-2007, 06:19 PM
Easily a 1 seed, I'd just be weary of upsets come March.
Just like every other basketball team that plays the tournament?

Mr. Laz
12-15-2007, 06:22 PM
Man that is horrible. Just horrible. Lets give him the boot, and give Kleinman his minutes.
ya .... slomochief just can't seem to understand that if you shoot 80% then you CAN'T be missing a ton of shots ..... period.

Kaun usually goes 3 out of 4 with a couple of blocks and 5/6 rebounds.

and he does it will less minutes than jackson or arthur ... considerably less.

nothing sucky about it ... especially if you consider he is our best big defender and a guy that works hard and just tries to do his job.

the Talking Can
12-15-2007, 07:26 PM
benching kaun for Jackson is fine ..... benching Kaun for arthur isn't imo

Kaun and Jackson should start

good lord...

Mr. Laz
12-15-2007, 07:32 PM
good lord...
arthur is a scorer and not much else ... he's big and can run with the guards but that often leads to chaos.

you start Kaun and Jackson and bring arthur in for scoring if the guards struggle or when Rush goes to the bench.

until Aldrich develops, the team is better with Kaun on the floor. No matter how much people cry about it ... the watch the score, it's almost always more to the positive when Kaun is in the game.

Kaun and jackson provide great defense,rebounding and strength ...... which allows the guard to flow free and score.

ROYC75
12-15-2007, 07:43 PM
Arthur play little defense, as in very little. He runs the floor well, he gets his rebounds and scores, but defense is his weakness.

I still like him starting and if you need the defensive player,you can bring Kaun in off the bench.

AggressiveNapkin
12-15-2007, 07:47 PM
Just got back from the game. We looked pretty good today but like any team lost focus at times.

I don't see this team losing for a while but then again I was at the game against Oral Roberts

ROYC75
12-15-2007, 07:50 PM
This KU team is very versatile, they can go big inside, Shoot outside, slow down, fast tempo , get defensive, and they can go very deep on the bench.

KU will roll thru the season, at best they may lose 3 games untill tourney time.

This team is very capable of winning it all or falling on it's face just like in the past.

Like Bell Self's 1st year in KU, the talent is there to win it, can he coach it ?

alanm
12-15-2007, 07:50 PM
What the heck, they haven't been there much lately. :)

Mr. Laz
12-15-2007, 07:52 PM
This KU team is very versatile, they can go big inside, Shoot outside, slow down, fast tempo , get defensive, and they can go very deep on the bench.

KU will roll thru the season, at best they may lose 3 games untill tourney time.

This team is very capable of winning it all or falling on it's face just like in the past.

Like Bell Self's 1st year in KU, the talent is there to win it, can he coach it ?
QFT

the Talking Can
12-15-2007, 07:58 PM
arthur is a scorer and not much else ... he's big and can run with the guards but that often leads to chaos.

you start Kaun and Jackson and bring arthur in for scoring if the guards struggle or when Rush goes to the bench.

until Aldrich develops, the team is better with Kaun on the floor. No matter how much people cry about it ... the watch the score, it's almost always more to the positive when Kaun is in the game.

Kaun and jackson provide great defense,rebounding and strength ...... which allows the guard to flow free and score.

no one on planet earth would start Kaun over Arthur...you're like hootie about Huard...

Mr. Laz
12-15-2007, 08:14 PM
no one on planet earth would start Kaun over Arthur...you're like hootie about Huard...
whatever ... the numbers and games backs me up

arthur looks pretty but KU is better with Kaun on the team ... often glaringly better.

Skip Towne
12-15-2007, 08:33 PM
This may be the most complete KU team I have seen. In '97 (I think) we had Pierce, Pollard and LaFrentz and we dominated people. Till we ran into Arizona and they exposed us as soft. We could NOT get the ball inside against them. Neither could Kentucky who they played next. Well, with Kaun, Arthur and Jackson, we are not soft at all. In fact quite the opposite. Self beat us up himself while at Illinois. It's great having 4 (including Aldrich) big bruisers. Every good team has a blue collar guy like Kaun.

Ari ümlaüt
12-15-2007, 08:38 PM
Why does that matter.

I happen to like them. Though I thought they wore them when they played on Sundays.

I thought you were a Mizzou fan, why does it matter to you?

Pablo
12-15-2007, 08:59 PM
I thought you were a Mizzou fan, why does it matter to you?Apparently he's a Mizzou football fan and a KU basketball fan.

CoMoChief
12-15-2007, 09:10 PM

Kaun is a liability on the court if Kansas is down.

I don't mind Kaun coming off from the bench while Jackson and Arthur rest. We all know Aldrich isn't ready yet to see a lot of minutes, but for the love of God Kaun shouldn't be playing over Arthur or Jackson.

Mr. Kotter
12-15-2007, 09:17 PM
Just like every other basketball team that plays the tournament?

Not everyone. For example, Mizzou can only dream of a number one seed.

Oh, wait; Mizzou is just hoping to make the tourney. Nevermind. :)

|Zach|
12-15-2007, 09:23 PM

So, only one seeds have to worry about being upset in the tournament?

You will post anything on this board at the outside chance of taking a lame jab. Kudos.

Your attempts at humor aside this Missouri basketball team is pretty interesting. Their big thing is they don't have any answers right under the basket. They don't have that big man that can do things. But they hustle, play decent defense, make teams pay for mistakes.

I watched them play Michigan St. at the Sprint Center...very close to winning that game. Their win over Purdue looks a bit better today after they knocked off #21. They have lost a lot of very close games to decent teams. I love place this team is headed. I am not sure what awaits them this year but they are doing good things.

Skip Towne
12-15-2007, 10:37 PM
Kaun is a liability on the court if Kansas is down.

I don't mind Kaun coming off from the bench while Jackson and Arthur rest. We all know Aldrich isn't ready yet to see a lot of minutes, but for the love of God Kaun shouldn't be playing over Arthur or Jackson.
You have no idea what you are talking about. Have you noticed that NOBODY agrees with you? Kaun would start for anybody in the Big XII except us. Go on back to the MUrons. They suit you much better.

Ultra Peanut
12-15-2007, 11:48 PM
I'm glad they had a fun time at the Home of the Whatevers (http://www.sportsargumentwiki.com/index.php?title=Kansas_City_Whatevers).

Bowser
12-15-2007, 11:50 PM

Wow. You're really channeling your inner Bronco fan with that one.

doomy3
12-16-2007, 12:25 AM
This may be the most complete KU team I have seen. In '97 (I think) we had Pierce, Pollard and LaFrentz and we dominated people. Till we ran into Arizona and they exposed us as soft. We could NOT get the ball inside against them. Neither could Kentucky who they played next. Well, with Kaun, Arthur and Jackson, we are not soft at all. In fact quite the opposite. Self beat us up himself while at Illinois. It's great having 4 (including Aldrich) big bruisers. Every good team has a blue collar guy like Kaun.

I completely agree. In fact, that's what I was saying after the Depaul game.

Chiefspants
12-16-2007, 12:34 AM
This could be an exciting year

chagrin
12-16-2007, 08:06 AM
So, only one seeds have to worry about being upset in the tournament?

You will post anything on this board at the outside chance of taking a lame jab. Kudos.

Your attempts at humor aside this Missouri basketball team is pretty interesting. Their big thing is they don't have any answers right under the basket. They don't have that big man that can do things. But they hustle, play decent defense, make teams pay for mistakes.

I watched them play Michigan St. at the Sprint Center...very close to winning that game. Their win over Purdue looks a bit better today after they knocked off #21. They have lost a lot of very close games to decent teams. I love place this team is headed. I am not sure what awaits them this year but they are doing good things.

Your posts demonstrate the exact same thing, for every jab you give a homer statement that usually only reflects stats, which don't always tell the truth. You've got tunnel vision on this team and you might want to consider the word 'objectivity'

I mean, it's completely understandable to defend your team but you have to temper it with some reality.

|Zach|
12-16-2007, 10:42 AM
Your posts demonstrate the exact same thing, for every jab you give a homer statement that usually only reflects stats, which don't always tell the truth. You've got tunnel vision on this team and you might want to consider the word 'objectivity'

I mean, it's completely understandable to defend your team but you have to temper it with some reality.
What is homer vision about it? I don't know what is going to happen. I don't know if they make the tournament this year but I think they are on the right track. Good things happen to teams that have good hustle and don't make to many turnovers. My most specific comment was something they are not good at.

I am trying to find an overly optimistic prediction I made and coming up short. :hmmm:

CoMoChief
12-16-2007, 12:42 PM
You have no idea what you are talking about. Have you noticed that NOBODY agrees with you? Kaun would start for anybody in the Big XII except us. Go on back to the MUrons. They suit you much better.
Kaun sucks, end of story.