PDA

View Full Version : Who do you take?

ILChief
12-15-2007, 04:44 PM
Chiefs are on the clock and both Jake Long and Glen Dorsey are both sitting there.

who do you take? (these are the only two choices, no Gaz option)

Mecca
12-15-2007, 04:46 PM
Dorsey that one is easy.

RustShack
12-15-2007, 04:47 PM
I would go for the elite player, not the pretty good one. This is like drafting McIntosh or Tommie Harris.

Sully
12-15-2007, 04:48 PM
Dorsey without even going on the clock.

Dumb choice, IMO.

Archie Bunker
12-15-2007, 04:49 PM
Can't pass on Dorsey.

chiefbowe82
12-15-2007, 04:52 PM
somebody with the last name sims

a1na2
12-15-2007, 04:53 PM
Leonard Sly. No other choice.

dj56dt58
12-15-2007, 04:53 PM
absolutely Glen Dorsey..why take a position of need? We're so good at picking DTs why bother with any other position?

Mecca
12-15-2007, 04:55 PM
The fact that this poll is close right now tells me all I need to know about general Chiefs fan.

smittysbar
12-15-2007, 05:00 PM
I can't believe some actually voted to pass on Dorsey.......WTF

dj56dt58
12-15-2007, 05:01 PM
The fact that this poll is close right now tells me all I need to know about general Chiefs fan.
You mean the fact that we have paid attention to drafts in recent history and realize that the Chiefs can't draft DTs worth a shit? Or the fact that we're sick of seeing Croyle on his ass every play?

Reaper16
Dorsey, no question. Long is projected by many to be a much better RT than a LT. With our 2nd round pick basically being an extension of the 1st round, we can pick up a RT there, most likely. Richardson from Clemson, probably.

Dorsey is too talented to pass up. This should be obvious. I understand the pressing, gigantic need for o-linemen, but you can't pass up on high-quality talent like a Dorsey to take a RT. You just can't. The Chiefs have been bad at the draft for years; taking Long over Dorsey is being bad at the draft. I don't want the Chiefs to be bad at the draft.

BigMeatballDave
Selecting a DT in the 1st with the problems on our O-line? ****ing stupid.

dj56dt58
12-15-2007, 05:02 PM
thank you

Mecca
12-15-2007, 05:02 PM

Passing on an elite player for an above average player.....****ing stupid.

Carl has infected this fan base too.

Mecca
12-15-2007, 05:03 PM
You mean the fact that we have paid attention to drafts in recent history and realize that the Chiefs can't draft DTs worth a shit? Or the fact that we're sick of seeing Croyle on his ass every play?

Yea the Colts shouldn't have picked Peyton Manning either because some years before that they took Jeff George #1 and it didn't work out..

You can't draft that way, that's drafting out of fear and frankly it's really dumb.

BigMeatballDave
12-15-2007, 05:04 PM
Where is the option to trade down?

Tribal Warfare

yep, by the masses for years

Mecca
If the Chiefs trade out with Glen Dorsey on the board.....just give up, the franchise will never be anything but a mediocre failure..

And some of you want it, that blows my mind.

a1na2
12-15-2007, 05:05 PM

This doesn't have anything to do with carl. It has to do with fans that think they know best what the franchise needs.

Probably a good thing the fans aren't calling the shots.

smittysbar
Dorsey, no question. Long is projected by many to be a much better RT than a LT. With our 2nd round pick basically being an extension of the 1st round, we can pick up a RT there, most likely. Richardson, probably.

Dorsey is too talented to pass up. This should be obvious. I understand the pressing, gigantic need for o-linemen, but you can't pass up on high-quality talent like a Dorsey to take a RT. You just can't. The Chiefs have been bad at the draft for years; taking Long over Dorsey is being bad at the draft. I don't want the Chiefs to be bad at the draft.

Diddo!

RustShack
I think a lot of you are confused, it should say Long(above average player) and Doresy (elite player) Another thing you guys don't understand is there is not much of a diffrence between Long, and the guy we can draft in the 2nd round. And the last thing you need to relise is that the Head Coach drafts players, the GM okays it.

Mecca
12-15-2007, 05:06 PM
This doesn't have anything to do with carl. It has to do with fans that think they know best what the franchise needs.

Probably a good thing the fans aren't calling the shots.

And they're doing what Carl would do, he's infected them, after so many years they think that's how you do things.......

You are suppose to want to build an elite championship team not a pretty good team that never wins anything...

BigMeatballDave
12-15-2007, 05:06 PM

Carl has infected this fan base too.I suppose you KNEW drafting Sims was a mistake.

Mecca
12-15-2007, 05:07 PM
Also here's an example.....some years ago....when New England was bad and had the 6th pick.....

They took Richard Seymour some people didn't like that, a few picks later Keyatta Walker the highest rated Tackle went.....

Are you saying because this line sucks you'd rather have Walker than Seymour......you can't draft that way.

Tribal Warfare
12-15-2007, 05:07 PM
I suppose you KNEW drafting Sims was a mistake.

I wanted to select Henderson

Mecca
12-15-2007, 05:08 PM
I suppose you KNEW drafting Sims was a mistake.

Over John Henderson, absolutely...

Have I been wrong about some players, sure. But you play the odds here and you take the guy who projects as elite over the guy who projects as pretty good. When you pick that high it says your whole team is bad...you are not 1 player away.

CupidStunt
12-15-2007, 05:10 PM

And who's going to help fix the awful run defense?

Will there be enough tissues in KC when Dorsey is starting in the Pro Bowl and Jake Long is watching him after giving up 6 sacks on the season?

Archie Bunker
12-15-2007, 05:10 PM
This team is finally in a position to take an elite player and they have to take advantage of it. There are no elite OL this year so why waste a chance to take potentially dominate DT to team with Jared, Tamba, and DJ to form the core of a great D.

OL is a much better pick in the early 2nd and 3rd.

Mecca
12-15-2007, 05:12 PM
You people wanting Oline.....how many of you wanted Joe Staley when the rest of us said it was best to go WR......

How'd that work out? Would you rather have Staley or Bowe...

RustShack
12-15-2007, 05:12 PM
If there was an elite LT in this draft, I would be all for drafting him first round. The only problem is that there isn't one. Elite players for certain postions are around every once in awhile. If there were a couple elite players for every position every year that would be bad ass.

the Talking Can
12-15-2007, 05:13 PM
um, Dorsey...

BigMeatballDave
12-15-2007, 05:14 PM
You people wanting Oline.....how many of you wanted Joe Staley when the rest of us said it was best to go WR......

How'd that work out? Would you rather have Staley or Bowe...I wanted Bowe. I also didn't realize this line would be so bad.

RustShack
Some of you act like you have never paid attention to anything in football, exept what happens in KC.

smittysbar
I am truly floored that some are even arguing Long over Dorsey

This is truly a no brainer

CupidStunt
12-15-2007, 05:15 PM
Here's what the Chiefs need -- more players on the roster that'd get consideration for some type of fantasy (made-up, not stats) all-division team. Right now, they have only three - Bowe, Allen and DJ.

Dorsey is one. You don't take Long and hope he's the fix for the terrible OL and will someday garner such consideration. You draft Dorsey, who is a Shawne Merriman-type talent, and thank the lord that KC is getting better players across the board.

BigMeatballDave
12-15-2007, 05:16 PM
And who's going to help fix the awful run defense?

Will there be enough tissues in KC when Dorsey is starting in the Pro Bowl and Jake Long is watching him after giving up 6 sacks on the season?I agree. I also wonder who is gonna keep Croyle from getting killed.

Reaper16
12-15-2007, 05:16 PM

Exactly. Even if I knew the o-line was going to turn out to be this horrible, I still would have wanted Bowe (the near-consensus #2 WR in last year's class) over Staley (a project/upside pick).

BigMeatballDave
12-15-2007, 05:17 PM
I am truly floored that some are even arguing Long over Dorsey

This is truly a no brainerI am not arguing this. I didn't vote. I just think fixing the O-line is more important.

Reaper16
12-15-2007, 05:19 PM
I am not arguing this. I didn't vote. I just think fixing the O-line is more important.
The thing about that is: the Chiefs are not going to fix the o-line in a single draft. It's going to take years, probably. Taking Long over Dorsey is akin to drafting to get something out of next season.

Drafting Dorsey is drafting for with the future in mind -- and yes, the Chiefs are bad enough that they have to be thinking years ahead.

Mecca
12-15-2007, 05:19 PM
I am not arguing this. I didn't vote. I just think fixing the O-line is more important.

What if I told you you can get a OT in the 2nd round that is rated pretty close to Long? This Oline class is deep but there is no elite player...there isn't much dropoff from Long and the guys that will be available in the 2nd round.

the Talking Can
12-15-2007, 05:20 PM
I bag on Herm, but he would kick an old lady to get to the podium in order to draft Dorsey.

BigMeatballDave
12-15-2007, 05:23 PM
This Oline class is deep but there is no elite player...there isn't much dropoff from Long and the guys that will be available in the 2nd round.True. Is Ryan Clady coming out early?

BigMeatballDave
12-15-2007, 05:24 PM
I bag on Herm, but he would kick an old lady to get to the podium in order to draft Dorsey.LMAO

Mecca
12-15-2007, 05:26 PM
True. Is Ryan Clady coming out early?

Not sure, I however did hear today that James Laurenitis is likely not coming out...

Clady is probably a mid 1st rounder.....Tons of these lineman all rank out almost the same, there isn't much of a drop off from the 1st to 3rd round.

Iowanian
12-15-2007, 05:26 PM

I realized the extreme need for a WR.

I'll counter that while Bowe has been outstanding, having that much of an upgrade at the T position would probably have improved the performance of the entire offense.

I suppose I'd select Dorsey, but they'd better have a damn good option with either a FA or 2nd round OT.

The Bad Guy
12-15-2007, 05:27 PM

You take the best available talent when you're drafting this high.

Dorsey is probably the best talent in this draft. He is a game-changing menace.

You can go out and sign a Flozell Adams to play LT and move McIntosh to RT. You can't find a Glen Dorsey in FA.

And the people that are saying that because we drafted Ryan Sims, we can't take a chance on a DT, stop watching football please.

Mecca
12-15-2007, 05:28 PM
My feeling is this, this team is bad and this is more than a 1 year thing....

In this scenario...you take Dorsey, then you get a OT in the 2nd...a guard somewhere in the mid rounds...then come back with your elite LT next year.

the Talking Can
12-15-2007, 05:31 PM
I realized the extreme need for a WR.

I'll counter that while Bowe has been outstanding, having that much of an upgrade at the T position would probably have improved the performance of the entire offense.

but so what? who cares if our offense was better this year? we still wouldn't have been a championship team, and we'd have a worse pick...

it's the short term vs the long term

we got the player with the biggest upside in Bowe, and what looks like a true #1 WR, and now we can look for a LT...I just think we need to do this consistently...then in 2-3 years we'll loaded...I don't want to draft an inferior player just to win an extra game next year....

BigMeatballDave
12-15-2007, 05:32 PM
You take the best available talent when you're drafting this high.

I agree. I am so disgusted with the O-line play this season, I can't see straight.

AustinChief
12-15-2007, 05:32 PM
Wow. I love the judgement of Jake Long.. I have watched every game he played for U-M and he IS an elite player. He has given up ONE sack this year.

I hope enough Pro GM's are as dumb as you guys... maybe he will fall to us. We will probably need a top 3 pick to get him.

Mecca
12-15-2007, 05:34 PM
Jake Long doesn't have the feet to deal with speed rushers.....that's his knock. He's a big monster run blocker though....this is why people are saying he projects out as a RT....his strengths are what you look for in RT's....

AustinChief
12-15-2007, 05:45 PM
Jake Long doesn't have the feet to deal with speed rushers.....that's his knock. He's a big monster run blocker though....this is why people are saying he projects out as a RT....his strengths are what you look for in RT's.... How do you figure? Vernon Gholston is the only guy who beat him ALL YEAR. And he only beat him ONCE the entire game. Cliff Avril didn't beat him. Kenny Iwebema didn't.

I don't get the knock on Long... how do you know what he "can't" handle??? Gholston is 1st/2nd round talent and he only got past Long ONCE.

Mecca
12-15-2007, 05:49 PM
Well I think it's funny that you think Jake Long is a top 3 pick.....but hey to each their own right.

I do like how you leave out the fact that Michigan runs the ball 50 times a game...so his sack totals aren't that relevant to me. And that the Big 10 wasn't all that good this year...and I don't see any elite DE's..

Long has issues with speed rushers he has slow feet, he's a excellent run blocker...which makes him look outstanding at Michigan. I wouldn't be surprised to see him have a career just like Jeff Backus.

Mecca
12-15-2007, 05:51 PM
Like I said, I think he's a good prospect, just not an elite prospect. I think there are several guys that should go before him in the draft.

the Talking Can
12-15-2007, 05:54 PM
PFW analysis

He wants to be the best, he finishes blocks. he is coachable, and he has great size and strength. He likes demolishing his opponents...there is no finesse about him.

"good LT, great RT"

isn't that what everyone has been saying?

do you spend a top 5 pick on a guy who is perceived to be a better RT?

it is simple really, if the Chiefs think Long is an elite LT then they would draft him, if they don't they would draft Dorsey/Ellis...all hypothetical of course...

Thig Lyfe
12-15-2007, 05:59 PM
Fixing the OL is more important, but I suppose if Dorsey's on the board, you have to take him.

I'm guessing this won't be something Carl will have to deal with anyway.

AustinChief
12-15-2007, 06:06 PM
Well I think it's funny that you think Jake Long is a top 3 pick.....but hey to each their own right.

I do like how you leave out the fact that Michigan runs the ball 50 times a game...so his sack totals aren't that relevant to me. And that the Big 10 wasn't all that good this year...and I don't see any elite DE's..

Long has issues with speed rushers he has slow feet, he's a excellent run blocker...which makes him look outstanding at Michigan. I wouldn't be surprised to see him have a career just like Jeff Backus.
Spoken like a true Pac10 weenie... :)

Vernon Gholston will go in the 1st or VERY early 2nd round... not a bad player to hold to ONE sack.

Also, Michigan attempted 384 passes this year. That's 32 attempts a game. That is the same as Oregon, and only 3 behind USC. Did you watch a SINGLE game of his or are you basing this on what you have read?

Dorsey is good but so is Long and Long is a safer pick given Dorsey's nagging injuries and attitude.

Mecca
12-15-2007, 06:11 PM
Did you really just say Dorsey has a bad attitude..WTF?

AustinChief
12-15-2007, 06:18 PM
Will you change your tune if Long doesn't give up a sack versus Derrick Harvey in the Capital One Bowl?

Mecca
12-15-2007, 06:20 PM
We'll see......all the practices at the Senior Bowl go into that stuff too...

I don't see him as a top 3 player or even close right now.

dj56dt58
12-15-2007, 06:22 PM
Also here's an example.....some years ago....when New England was bad and had the 6th pick.....

They took Richard Seymour some people didn't like that, a few picks later Keyatta Walker the highest rated Tackle went.....

Are you saying because this line sucks you'd rather have Walker than Seymour......you can't draft that way.

so your saying you know for a fact Dorsey is going to be a great DT and Long isnt going to amount to anything?? I mean if you know for a fact then i'm all for it. Why didn't you tell CP not to draft Sims dammit? Or Tom Brady for that matter

suds79
12-15-2007, 06:24 PM
Wow. Gotta say that's shocking how the polling is going.

Is that thing rigged?

Another DT?

Yeah lets just keep drafting the 1 position we've proven we cannot not evaluate while at the same time letting the rest of our team erode away.

dj56dt58
12-15-2007, 06:26 PM

Is that thing rigged?

Another DT?

Yeah lets just keep drafting the 1 position we've proven we cannot not evaluate while at the same time letting the rest of our team erode away.
I'm just glad Mecca isn't going on about how we should draft John David Booty

Mecca
12-15-2007, 06:27 PM

Is that thing rigged?

Another DT?

Um Dorsey is probably the 1st or 2nd best player in the draft....

I can pull that same shit on you..."lets just keep getting mediocre players that fill needs and strive to be 8-8"

Mecca
12-15-2007, 06:29 PM
I'm just glad Mecca isn't going on about how we should draft John David Booty

Why the hell would I do that.......I'm generally pretty good with the draft, so I'm not gonna pump up some guy who isn't that good.

Tribal Warfare
12-15-2007, 06:29 PM

Is that thing rigged?

Another DT?

BPA

AustinChief
12-15-2007, 06:47 PM
Our D is at least MEDIOCRE again.. yet our offense is awful. The biggest need on the TEAM is LT. We are possibly one LT and one guard away from being decent again. I would agree with NOT taking a LT as a major reach but if Long is available he is a no brainer. Dorsey will probably be great as well.. but he is NOT that much better of a player. I will admit I have only watched him in 3 games this year.. but I wasn't overly impressed. He is great but not some god-like player.

Tribal Warfare
12-15-2007, 06:56 PM
Our D is at least MEDIOCRE again.. yet our offense is awful. The biggest need on the TEAM is LT.

:shake: Man, I can't believe you want to be mediocre

JBucc
12-15-2007, 07:19 PM
Dorsey not even close.

Tribal Warfare
12-15-2007, 07:34 PM
I cant believe you want to stay awful.

yeah, lets draft need, and negate the BPA

Chiefnj2
12-15-2007, 07:35 PM
The Senior Bowl week of practice shouldn't change anyone's opinion. Sims excelled at the Senior Bowl, Ugoh performed poorly, etc. Don't draft workout wonders.

eazyb81
12-15-2007, 07:49 PM
I lean towards Dorsey at this point, but the gap between the two players isn't nearly as large as some are making it out to be.

In addition, while some have speculated that Long may be a better fit as a dominant RT rather than a LT, we won't know about that until the Senior Bowl and then the combine.

For the Dorsey fans, would you change your mind if after the combine all the experts are sold on Long as a LT? I would.

Tribal Warfare
12-15-2007, 07:53 PM
For the Dorsey fans, would you change your mind if after the combine all the experts are sold on Long as a LT? I would.

No, workout numbers don't mean a damn thing

|Zach|
12-15-2007, 08:08 PM
If Tribal ran this team we wouldn't have one of the lone bright spots this team actually produced.

Dewayne Jarrett would be skulking around our sidelines.

Tribal Warfare
12-15-2007, 08:42 PM
If Tribal ran this team we wouldn't have one of the lone bright spots this team actually produced.

Dewayne Jarrett would be skulking around our sidelines.

Patrick Willis or D-Bowe were there too, if you want to look it up

ChiefsCountry
12-15-2007, 08:46 PM
I take Dorsey in a heartbeat. Miami would be foolish not to take him #1.

The Bad Guy
12-15-2007, 08:55 PM
He doesnt exactly fit their 3-4 scheme. He wont be a NT, so maybe he can be a 3-4 DE. Dline is a major need of theirs though.

I could see them take either Dorsey or Chris Long.

I bet they take Brian Brohm.

Beck is 27 years old already. I wouldn't put the fate of my franchise in his hands.

Delano
12-15-2007, 09:04 PM
If the Dolphins showed anything in last year's draft, it is that you can't predict what those crazy bastards will do.

Bill S Preston
12-15-2007, 09:17 PM
You draft the best player available in this situation. If you don't want to do that, trade down for multiple picks, and draft the position that you want later in the first round. This draft is deep in offensive lineman, and Long is not a Joe Thomas can't miss prospect. Despite what some might say, he IS best suited for RT in the NFL. If you want to spend a top five pick on a RT, solely to draft a position of need, then I think that you would be foolish. Luckily for the Chiefs, drafting in the top five would put you in a great position to snag an elite prospect. Carl Peterson needs to take advantage of this draft to add some great players who can be cornerstones of the franchise for ten plus years. I think that means that you draft BPA, if its Long, so be it. But if Long and Dorsey are both on the board, then the question on who you should draft is a no brainer IMO.

Edit:

Just saw that the Chiefs were drafting 8th. Wow, I didn't realize that you were drafting that low............

Bill S Preston
12-15-2007, 09:34 PM
There are alot of players that would probably make better RT than LT (willie roaf included), but that doesnt mean they cant play LT at a high level in the NFL.

Robert Gallery was also labeled a "cant miss prospect" but he is a bust at tackle, and appears to have found a home at guard.

The chiefs have missed more often at DT than any other position in recent memory, and O line is a greater need for them this yr.

If long holds his own at the Michigan Bowl, and at the Senior Bowl, than the chiefs should draft him if he is available .

If he is the best player available, then I would agree with you. However, if both Dorsey and Long are on the board, I think that it would be foolish to pass on Dorsey just because previous defensive tackles turned out to be busts. I don't know about the Chiefs drafts the last few years, but how have they done drafting offensive lineman?

ILChief
12-15-2007, 09:41 PM
Dorsey, no question. Long is projected by many to be a much better RT than a LT. With our 2nd round pick basically being an extension of the 1st round, we can pick up a RT there, most likely. Richardson from Clemson, probably.

I'd be fine with taking Long in round 1 and Richardson in round 2. Our o-line is that crappy. I just don't see Dorsey as this sure fire can't miss prospect. I've watched some LSU games this year and didn't even notice him. He could just as easily be a Ryan Sims as a Richard Seymour.

Ebolapox
12-15-2007, 09:45 PM
I'd be fine with taking Long in round 1 and Richardson in round 2. Our o-line is that crappy. I just don't see Dorsey as this sure fire can't miss prospect. I've watched some LSU games this year and didn't even notice him. He could just as easily be a Ryan Sims as a Richard Seymour.

you do realize that he was playing injured basically the latter 3/5 of the year, right?

JohninGpt
12-15-2007, 09:46 PM
Our O line sucks so bad, I'd say take Long.
That being said, it's all a crap shoot. Sims was a first rounder and Jared Allen a fourth. Who knows how they will turn out.

'Hamas' Jenkins
This poll should not have a trade down option, as you'd be a f*cking moron to trade down with Glen Dorsey on the board.

Say the Chiefs pick 3rd. Just to move down to 10, which is where Jake Long really has the most *value* at because of his draft grade, you should ask for a 1st, 2nd, and 3rd round pick.

If you would pass all of that up to stay at 3 and draft Long, you should stab yourself in the eye socket with an icicle.

ILChief
you do realize that he was playing injured basically the latter 3/5 of the year, right?

so there are injury concerns. another reason to go O-LINE.

ILChief
12-15-2007, 09:48 PM
This poll should not have a trade down option, as you'd be a f*cking moron to trade down with Glen Dorsey on the board.

Say the Chiefs pick 3rd. Just to move down to 10, which is where Jake Long really has the most *value* at because of his draft grade, you should ask for a 1st, 2nd, and 3rd round pick.

If you would pass all of that up to stay at 3 and draft Long, you should stab yourself in the eye socket with an icicle.

I'd like to know where you get Long being a 10th pick. Most mock drafts have him going in the top 3. I don't think I've seen one where he falls to 10.

'Hamas' Jenkins
12-15-2007, 09:48 PM

ROFL. Did you watch him before he was injured? When he was changing games while being double and/or triple teamed?

The guy is the best DT prospect in nearly a decade. He's *that* good.

'Hamas' Jenkins
12-15-2007, 09:49 PM
I'd like to know where you get Long being a 10th pick. Most mock drafts have him going in the top 3. I don't think I've seen one where he falls to 10.

A Right tackle who is going to grade out in the low 90's to high 80's should never go in the top 3. At any point.

Ebolapox
12-15-2007, 09:50 PM
so there are injury concerns. another reason to go O-LINE.

marshall faulk had injury issues in college. do you pass on him if you're redrafting the 1994 draft?

gale sayers had injury issues. do you pass on him in the 1965 draft?

I realize both of the above players are running backs. however, point stands. do you take the potential franchise player, or 'solid' player?

super bowls are won on the backs of franchise players, not solid players. we've had 'solid' players for the last 18 years. true impact players are rare, and dorsey is one.

ILChief
12-15-2007, 09:51 PM
A Right tackle who is going to grade out in the low 90's to high 80's should never go in the top 3. At any point.

He will be a left tackle.

Delano
12-15-2007, 09:51 PM
By the way, what exactly was Dorsey's injury?

ILChief
12-15-2007, 09:52 PM
marshall faulk had injury issues in college. do you pass on him if you're redrafting the 1994 draft?

gale sayers had injury issues. do you pass on him in the 1965 draft?

I realize both of the above players are running backs. however, point stands. do you take the potential franchise player, or 'solid' player?

super bowls are won on the backs of franchise players, not solid players. we've had 'solid' players for the last 18 years. true impact players are rare, and dorsey is one.

A Defensive tackle is not a franchise player, no matter how good they are.

Ebolapox
12-15-2007, 09:53 PM
He will be a left tackle.

god, I'm so glad that the planet is full of nfl GM's and scouts.

and you know this based on what? your own conjecture? your word on this is about as valuable as mine: meaning, it's worth jack sh*t

ILChief
12-15-2007, 09:54 PM
god, I'm so glad that the planet is full of nfl GM's and scouts.

and you know this based on what? your own conjecture? your word on this is about as valuable as mine: meaning, it's worth jack sh*t

considering he's playing left tackle now and 99% of the mock drafts have him going in the top 5 (implying left tackle), i think you're the one that is making sh!t up

the Talking Can
12-15-2007, 09:55 PM
By the way, what exactly was Dorsey's injury?

he was cut blocked, by a Kentucky player...it was a nasty, unsportsmanlike block...

it really isn't fair to say he has an "injury history" based on that play....and he was never the same player afterwards..

I'm not even sure if he should have been playing.

Ebolapox
12-15-2007, 09:55 PM

mean joe greene disagrees. buck buchannan disagrees. so do warren sapp, merlin olsen, and alan page.

dorsey has the talent to be included in the above list one day.

Ebolapox
12-15-2007, 09:56 PM
considering he's playing left tackle now and 99% of the mock drafts have him going in the top 5 (implying left tackle), i think you're the one that is making sh!t up

point out something for me, mr. peterson. where did I say anything about long's ultimate position? I implied nothing. you're the one who apparently has a crystal ball and can see the future.

the Talking Can
12-15-2007, 09:58 PM

huh?

Warren Sapp?
Seymour?
Tommie Harris?

these guys are foundations

ILChief
12-15-2007, 09:58 PM
mean joe greene disagrees. buck buchannan disagrees. so do warren sapp, merlin olsen, and alan page.

dorsey has the talent to be included in the above list one day.

All of those guys were pieces of great defenses, but you could take those guys away from those defenses and they'd still be great units. You take away a left tackle, a geat offense can go to sh!t very quickly. (see Chiefs when Willie Roaf retired, Rams when Orlando Pace got hurt)

JohninGpt
12-15-2007, 09:59 PM
he was cut blocked, by a Kentucky player...it was a nasty, unsportsmanlike block...

it really isn't fair to say he has an "injury history" based on that play....and he was never the same player afterwards..

Draft him, he'll be ready for our favorite division opponent.

ILChief
12-15-2007, 09:59 PM
huh?

Warren Sapp?
Seymour?
Tommie Harris?

these guys are foundations

They are (or were in Sapps case) very good players on good defenses. but I wouldn't call them franchise players. Hell, the Bears made the Super Bowl without Harris and Seymour missed the first 6 games this year and I don't think the Pats fell apart without him.

Delano
12-15-2007, 10:00 PM

Yeah, unfortunately I never watched him play before the injury.

If the guy can keep going on a bum wheel, he obviously has the guts to play in the trenches. Although I do wonder if his motivation to keep playing was for the potential NFL contract, or because of love for the game?

No matter what, I hope KC picks best player available.

Ebolapox
based on where he gets drafted. He is this yrs best Oline prospect and will be the 1st Olineman drafted. He will be given every oppurtunity to be a LT, if he fails than he will follow the Robert Gallery path.

SWEET! another chiefsplanet genious who knows exactly where the players will be drafted! yes!

onto a serious note: drafting future guards (the basic supposition of your post: if long isn't good enough for tackle, he's a guard) in the top five picks is retarded. teams routinely get STARTING guards in the 3-5 rounds of the draft. remember will shields? he was a third round pick. brian effing waters was undrafted.

the Talking Can
look at Chicago's D last year without Harris.

without Sapp, the Bucs Cover-2 would get shredded...

the Talking Can
12-15-2007, 10:01 PM
according to rotoworld and the rest of the web he suffered his injury against auburn
http://www.rotoworld.com/content/playerpages/player_main.aspx?sport=CFB&id=120531

and if he was never the same player afterwards, than why do we want him.

because he'd be healthy now?

jesus...

ILChief
12-15-2007, 10:02 PM
look at Chicago's D last year without Harris.

without Sapp, the Bucs Cover-2 would get shredded...

You mean the Bears D that went to the Super Bowl without him?

ILChief
12-15-2007, 10:03 PM
SWEET! another chiefsplanet genious who knows exactly where the players will be drafted! yes!

onto a serious note: drafting future guards (the basic supposition of your post: if long isn't good enough for tackle, he's a guard) in the top five picks is retarded. teams routinely get STARTING guards in the 3-5 rounds of the draft. remember will shields? he was a third round pick. brian effing waters was undrafted.

You don't think Will Shields would be worth picking in the top 5?

ILChief
12-15-2007, 10:05 PM
point out something for me, mr. peterson. where did I say anything about long's ultimate position? I implied nothing. you're the one who apparently has a crystal ball and can see the future.

I said he'd be a left tackle, and you argued. I gathered that you thought he'd be a right tackle. What do you think he'll be, a free safety?

ILChief
12-15-2007, 10:08 PM
oh well, i'm going to bed.

This is probably a moot argument anyway. With our luck we'll get the third pick and Dorsey and Long will go 1,2

the Talking Can
12-15-2007, 10:08 PM
You mean the Bears D that went to the Super Bowl without him?

yes, the one that gave up 29 points and 190 yards rushing to the Colts....without Harris

Delano
12-15-2007, 10:12 PM
oh well, i'm going to bed.

This is probably a moot argument anyway. With our luck we'll get the third pick and Dorsey and Long will go 1,2

The great thing about the NFL draft is that there are more than two players available.

JohninGpt
12-15-2007, 10:13 PM
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ten_Commandments
Be nice or you will be sent to the bad place.

Washington DC and the Holy Land.

Ebolapox
12-15-2007, 10:16 PM
You don't think Will Shields would be worth picking in the top 5?

he was the outland trophy winner in 1993. he lasted until the third round.

you can get starting, quality offensive linemen outside of the first round. hell, remember dave szott and tim grunhard? eric steinbach ring a bell? flozell adams wasn't a first round draft pick. larry allen, the stalwart guard of the cowboys in the 90's and niners now, wasn't a first round pick.

JohninGpt
12-15-2007, 10:16 PM
send away.

He uses the word "jesus" and I quote a wiki page...and I get sent away?!

send away than.
send away.
No dammit, I hit "quote" and the wiki thing was qouted. Put it down to my incompetence.

Ebolapox
12-15-2007, 10:17 PM
I said he'd be a left tackle, and you argued. I gathered that you thought he'd be a right tackle. What do you think he'll be, a free safety?

see, here's the thing. I'm not a professional scout. I watch quite a bit of college football, but that puts me on equal footing with you: a nobody who watches college football.

Ebolapox
12-15-2007, 10:18 PM
those guys are foundations, but there is no guarantee that Dorsey or ellis can be that guy.

In the same manner their is no reason that Long cant play as well as Joe Thomas (high draft pick) or Marcus McNeil(low 1st), or ugoh(high 2nd). All those guys will/are foundations for the Oline.

marcus mcneill wasn't a first round pick.

JohninGpt
12-15-2007, 10:18 PM
No dammit, I hit "quote" and the wiki thing was qouted. Put it down to my incompetence.
BTW, I can't send anyone anywhere. I'm just a smartass.

Ebolapox
12-15-2007, 10:21 PM
you can get starting quality dlineman outside of the DRAFT!!
Boone wasnt drafted
the rookie DT starting for the colts wasnt drafted.

yeah. and having guys like that starting for us is EXACTLY what's gonna get us a top five draft pick.

god, why the f*ck do so many chiefs fans want to maintain the status quo? jeesh, losing really IS an epidemic.

JohninGpt
12-15-2007, 10:25 PM
even better. jake Long is the top lineman of the draft of a very deep draft. he should be able to be a good starting LT. :)

oh, cool. i'm new here and dont know who the mods are. Guess after WPI and the coalition i am a little touchy.

damn censorship.
Actually the mods here are cool. They censor things when they turn into silly political/religious arguments that will never be won or settled by either side. Even then, they normally just move them to DC.

Ebolapox
12-15-2007, 10:27 PM
no. blowing our top 10 pick on ANOTHER dt after spending a 2nd and 3rd for 2 in 2007, and not addressing our OLine will get us another top pick.

ya know what? I've been a chiefs fan since 1989. I'm 25 years old in a month. I'm sick to death of the losing mentality of the chiefs organization. we haven't truly rebuilt in my whole time as a chiefs fan.

call me nuts, but I'd take 2-3 years of top ten picks, an overhaul of our front office, a team full of young talent (which can ONLY be done by picking early in every round for a few years)...

the colts didn't get good by finishing 7-9 every year. they got manning by picking FIRST in the draft. the patriot's core of talent came from losing for so long. the chargers young talent came from being sh*tty for a while.

I want the chiefs to win a super bowl. but we aren't winning any lombardi's any time soon, so we may as well build ourselves TO something rather than accepting mediocrity year after f*cking year.

JohninGpt
12-15-2007, 10:35 PM
cool.

at WPI one cant question future HOF and MVP boomer grigsby.
coalition has their own problems.
I like Boomer, he may have a future in radio. But the life of the Planet is it's acceptance of anyone with at least half a brain.

Ebolapox
12-15-2007, 10:37 PM
I guess thats our difference. I dont want to be bad ever again. Their are alot of teams that drafted high yr after yr (Cinci, Det, Oak) and have never been anything more than avg.

I know TG only has a couple more yrs left in the tank, and the likelyhood of getting someone of his caliber again,IMO, is slim. Rebuilding the oline is the fastest way to get this team good again, and hopefully along that way we become great.

games arent won in draft rooms, or in FA....its won on any given sunday.
we goto play to win the game. okaaay. ROFL

that's where we diverge I guess. I've had my fill of being just good enough for the playoffs, but not good enough to EVER hoist the lombardi. sloppy drafting and signing free agents for the now is what got us into this mess. this mess sucks.

I'm willing to sacrifice a few years for a chance at a lombardi. remember, if you don't get to hoist that one trophy, your season is a failure. I'm sick of this team failing perennially.

'Hamas' Jenkins
12-15-2007, 10:59 PM
you said Dorsey was never the same afterwards. You never said he will ever be the same.

Jesus, f*cking cocksucking monkey whore raping Christ on a shit-covered shingle, are you really that goddamned stupid?

Godf*ck, I can't goddamned believe that your ass is this stupid. Christ almighty...Jesus...:shake:

the Talking Can
12-15-2007, 11:14 PM
you said Dorsey was never the same afterwards. You never said he will ever be the same.

ok, you must be retarded....or is English your second language?

MadMax
12-15-2007, 11:35 PM
Jesus, f*cking cocksucking monkey whore raping Christ on a shit-covered shingle, are you really that goddamned stupid?

Godf*ck, I can't goddamned believe that your ass is this stupid. Christ almighty...Jesus...:shake:

ROFL ROFL Hell of a rant :) rep

MadMax
12-15-2007, 11:38 PM
I guess thats our difference. I dont want to be bad ever again. Their are alot of teams that drafted high yr after yr (Cinci, Det, Oak) and have never been anything more than avg.

I know TG only has a couple more yrs left in the tank, and the likelyhood of getting someone of his caliber again,IMO, is slim. Rebuilding the oline is the fastest way to get this team good again, and hopefully along that way we become great.

games arent won in draft rooms, or in FA....its won on any given sunday.
we goto play to win the game. okaaay. ROFL

blah! Tony wil NEVER sniff a Superbowl thanks to this team s mismagement and ineptitude....

Chiefspants
12-16-2007, 12:31 AM
Dorsey is just too good

StillHonest
12-16-2007, 07:44 AM
Dorsey is a no brainer. Plus he probably plays music like his uncle Tommy did.

milkman
12-16-2007, 09:51 AM
I don't want to draft an inferior player just to win an extra game next year....

Anyone who thinks differently is a dumbass.

Drafting to fill a need for years is one of the primary reasons the Chiefs suck ass right bnow.

KcMizzou
12-16-2007, 09:54 AM

Godf*ck, I can't goddamned believe that your ass is this stupid. Christ almighty...Jesus...:shake:LMAO Classic.

AustinChief
12-16-2007, 12:54 PM
Not to further hijack the thread... but the Second Commandment is one of the MOST mistranslated/misunderstood. This is why people quoting the bible are 99% of the time embarrasing themselves. If you can't read the original text AND understand ALL the cultural aspects related to the people of that time... don't even bother.

"Taking the Lord's name in vain" is related to taking oaths... mostly swearing to God not using the Lord's name as a curse word... THAT would not be a commandment at the time due to the fact that it would be so obvious... hell, they believed speaking the Lord's true name would cause instant death.

And lastly, Jake Long has as much potential to be an elite player as Dorsey. Both could also be busts. After watching both, I was more impressed with Long. He DOMINATED at his position... The big ten has 3 or 4 really great DEs... Florida has another great one... if he can dominate in the upcoming bowl game... I can't see how anyone could argue against him.