PDA

View Full Version : Useless Factoid

luv
12-15-2007, 07:54 PM
I was watching It's a Wonderful Life when I noticed something for the first time. The Police officer's name is Burt, and the cab driver's name is Ernie. They often appeared in the same scene together.

greg63
12-15-2007, 08:00 PM
I was watching It's a Wonderful Life when I noticed something for the first time. The Police officer's name is Burt, and the cab driver's name is Ernie. They often appeared in the same scene together.

blueballs
12-15-2007, 08:01 PM
I've been told
my spunk tastes like candy corn

JohninGpt
12-15-2007, 08:03 PM
No factual information is useless...except for that.

Seriously, that is a great movie that illustrates what the season is all about. I can barely get my kids to watch "A Christmas Story", something in black and white is probably out of the question.

luv
12-15-2007, 08:06 PM
No factual information is useless...except for that.

Seriously, that is a great movie that illustrates what the season is all about. I can barely get my kids to watch "A Christmas Story", something in black and white is probably out of the question.
I bought that movie two years ago. It's my favorite Chrismas movie. Last year, I bought A Chipmunk Christmas. I bought A Christmas Story last week. I guess it's my little tradition I started . My gift to myself while Christmas shopping.

KcMizzou
12-15-2007, 08:14 PM
My all-time favorite Christmas movie. Makes me tear up a bit.

From Wiki..

One of the curious allusions to the film is the Sesame Street characters Bert and Ernie. Series creator Jim Henson and others involved with its production denied a connection and said that it was just a coincidence. The Capra-esque episode Elmo Saves Christmas (1996), which featured a clip from the film, pokes fun at the persistent reports of a connection.

Bugeater
12-15-2007, 11:57 PM
OK, but the real question is did they ever bathe together?

luv
12-16-2007, 12:01 AM
OK, but the real question is did they ever bathe together?
If they did, it was kept pretty hush-hush in the movie.

cdcox
12-16-2007, 12:07 AM
My all-time favorite Christmas movie. Makes me tear up a bit.

From Wiki..

I don't believe in coincidences.

Are we to believe that Jim Henson never saw IAWL before he created Sesame Street?

So if I created two characters Kermit and Ms. P, people should assume no connection?

'Hamas' Jenkins
12-16-2007, 03:28 AM
I hate that f*cking movie. I really do.

milkman
12-16-2007, 10:31 AM
How old are you?

It took you how many years to notice this?

luv
12-16-2007, 10:33 AM
How old are you?

It took you how many years to notice this?
I'm 31. I guess this was the first time I really paid attention. That's why I like watching movies multiple times. I tend to notice something different each tim I watch them.

milkman
12-16-2007, 10:39 AM
I'm 31. I guess this was the first time I really paid attention. That's why I like watching movies multiple times. I tend to notice something different each tim I watch them.

The age question was rhetorical.

That little gem you just noticed is one of the first things I noticed, and I have never watched Sesame Street.

luv
12-16-2007, 10:46 AM
The age question was rhetorical.

That little gem you just noticed is one of the first things I noticed, and I have never watched Sesame Street.
I guess I'm just not a perceptive as you are.

StillHonest
12-16-2007, 10:56 AM
Its a great movie. Good pick up on the factoid.