PDA

View Full Version : So How's your fantasy football team doing?

CoMoChief
12-16-2007, 07:51 PM
Just won the semi final round in my league and now I'm in the Championship game, though the guy I'm playing next week has Tom Brady and they are playing MIA so that doesn't look so good.

It's been a weird season for my team, Here's why...

-LJ got hurt, my 1st selection in the draft

-Marvin Harrison got hurt, my 2nd selection in the draft

-After week 1 (I think) Cadillac Williams, gets injured and is out for the season

-I traded away Adrian Peterson because Harrison was hurt and I needed a WR (Andre Johnson was hurt at the time as well) and someone was willing to give me Reggie Bush and Terrell Owens for him. Then a couple weeks later Peterson goes on a tear.

-Andre Johnson was hurt for the majority of the season as I had mentioned earlier, this led me to picking up Dwayne Bowe off of waivers.

-Calvin Johnson hasn't done anything special this season like I thought he would.

-While Drew Brees (3rd pick) sucked it up for the 1st half of the season, a 38 thought to retire Brett Favre (whom I got off waivers in week 3) kept my team in the hunt throughout the season.

-Reggie Bush got hurt a couple weeks ago.

-I picked up Priest Holmes when LJ got hurt, then Priest gets hurt and retires.

-Javon Walker gets hurt for the majority of the season.

I started off the season with a 2-4 record and went on a 9 game winning streak (counting this week) and now am sitting at 11-4 and in the Championship game.

If it weren't for injuries, my team would have looked like....

QB - Drew Brees
RB - Larry Johnson
RB - Adrian Peterson
WR - Marvin Harrison
WR - Andre Johnson
WR - Javon Walker
TE - Antonio Gates
K - Robbie Gould

But now I'm going in with...

QB - Drew Brees
RB - Kolby Smith
RB - Aaron Stecker
WR - Terrell Owens
WR - Andre Johnson
WR - Calvin Johnson
TE - Antonio Gates
K - Robbie Gould

Hammock Parties
12-16-2007, 07:52 PM
I think I'm going to miss the playoffs after leading the league for a month. Unless Plaxico Burress saves my ass.

12-16-2007, 07:52 PM
Looks like I may be pulling a Chiefs in both of my important leagues.

Get the first round bye and then lose in the first game.

MIAdragon
12-16-2007, 07:57 PM
Brady got me 3 yes THREE points today, I’m tied right now 69-69 I have Adrian Peterson left and the guy im playing has Minny's D. Its going to be close.

KCFalcon59
12-16-2007, 07:59 PM
started 12-0 Now done at 12-2. :banghead::cuss::banghead::cuss::banghead::cuss::banghead:

chagrin
12-16-2007, 08:02 PM
shit, I guess mine was a dup

DJ's left nut
12-16-2007, 08:16 PM
I went in as the #1 seed and had my normal horses tank for me.

Romo, Moss, Holt and Lynch all had pretty lousy days (who'da thunk that Tony Romo would turn into Tony Banks in a rivalry game?); Lee Evans was non-existent (hurray for Roy Williams knee injury forcing me to start that guy).

I got bailed out bigtime by Steven Jackson, Mason Crosby and TB's defense. I oughta pull it out, my opponent still has Jacobs and Sidney Rice going, but he'll need more than 1/2 again as many points as the rest of his team has put up this weekend to catch me.

Delano
12-16-2007, 08:30 PM
Brady got me 3 yes THREE points today, I’m tied right now 69-69 I have Adrian Peterson left and the guy im playing has Minny's D. Its going to be close.

I have a game exactly like that in my league. Whoever wins faces me in the championship.

I'm hoping the guy with Brady loses :D

dj56dt58
12-16-2007, 09:48 PM
I'll be in the championship game..didnt think I had a chance with romo only getting me 3 pts today but my opp had Brady who also only had 3..unless Portis explodes anyways

ZootedGranny
12-16-2007, 09:52 PM
Went into the playoffs as the #2 seed, and then the majority of my team shit the bed.

TO, Braylon Edwards, Houshmandzedah, Jason Hanson & the Pitt defense combined for 18 points.

Bearcat
12-16-2007, 10:06 PM
One game from the championship...

Assuming Portis doesn't rack up a bunch of yards or scores again for me, I can win as long as Berrian (against the worst passing defense in the league) has fewer than 100 yards and is held without a touchdown (or has a TD, but only 10 yards receiving) tomorrow night.

Romo and Brady played each other in the other semi, but I think the guy with Romo will be fine as long as Adrian Peterson does okay tomorrow night.

Ah, fantasy football, it can make any game meaningful... and give Chiefs fans a reason to watch football in December :sulk: