PDA

View Full Version : 43,867 attendance-ouch

BigChiefFan
12-16-2007, 11:17 PM
Jack Harry just stated that the actual attendance today was 43,867 people. There's no hiding that from Clark. I love it. I hope ownership is getting the message, that Carl's time is up.

Phobia
12-16-2007, 11:23 PM
I'm surprised it was that many.

ROYC75
12-16-2007, 11:24 PM
It looked damn near 50 % vacant today.........

Coach
12-16-2007, 11:24 PM

Hey, did you by any chance, send Jack a E-mail about that "Dick Curl is his (blanky-blank) pimp?"

It did say from Phil in Liberty.

BigChiefFan
12-16-2007, 11:25 PM
It sure looked empty. I hate it for the city and all the fans, but it has to be this way to send a message to ownership.

Phobia
12-16-2007, 11:27 PM
Hey, did you by any chance, send Jack a E-mail about that "Dick Curl is his (blanky-blank) pimp?"

It did say from Phil in Liberty.

No.

Coach
12-16-2007, 11:28 PM
No.

Just thought I ask. It was funny anyways.

dirk digler
12-16-2007, 11:29 PM
LMAO

I got my email read that I sent him.

BigChiefFan
12-16-2007, 11:29 PM
Harry showed alot more people with paper bags on than CBS did during the broadcast. There was alot more than I expected. Good job, fans.

Coach
12-16-2007, 11:30 PM
LMAO

I got my email read that I sent him.

I can't remember which one was it. What was it?

RibKing67
12-16-2007, 11:31 PM
I dont think it was that many. You know as well as I do they play a numbers game with the counts. How can one sell out have more people than another? They dont add more seats do they? No.
When MU & KU played they said that was the 2nd largest crowd in 30 yrs......How can that be with all the sell outs over that time? I call BS.

dirk digler
12-16-2007, 11:34 PM
I can't remember which one was it. What was it?

About his brilliant idea of hiring Terry Bradway. I am not from Overland Park though they just made that up

Coach
12-16-2007, 11:35 PM
About his brilliant idea of hiring Terry Bradway. I am not from Overland Park though they just made that up

I remember now. The sarcastic response from Dave, correct?

Archie F. Swin
apparently some fans are getting over it

dirk digler
I remember now. The sarcastic response from Dave, correct?

yep.

Did you like it?

SPchief
12-16-2007, 11:36 PM
I dont think it was that many. You know as well as I do they play a numbers game with the counts. How can one sell out have more people than another? They dont add more seats do they? No.
When MU & KU played they said that was the 2nd largest crowd in 30 yrs......How can that be with all the sell outs over that time? I call BS.

They sell SRO for bigger games.

Coach
12-16-2007, 11:38 PM
yep.

Did you like it?

I did, and it is very good points. They both were responsible for the Jet's downfall.

dirk digler
12-16-2007, 11:39 PM
I did, and it is very good points. They both were responsible for the Jet's downfall.

Thanks.

Here is the whole email that cut out the good stuff

Jack:

I just watched your commentary tonight and I have to say you are not very smart. While I agree with you about firing Carl it is absolutely stupid to bring back Terry Bradway. Of course this would be a typical Chiefs move and one that would actually not improve this team.

But to reunite those 2 idiots back together that trashed the Jets organization well that is just plain stupid.

Why the hell would we want to reunite Herm and Bradway? Putting Herm and Bradway back together again would be a disaster. I then could see them bringing in Pennington in the offseason to relive their Jets glory days. Hell maybe Herm would hire Paul Hackett back.

Brillant idea Jack.

BigChiefFan
12-16-2007, 11:40 PM
yep.

Did you like it?I thought it was a very good point and hopefully helped wake 'ol Jack up about replacing Carl with another cronie. I'm glad he acknowledged the point and gave it some time on the air.

Good job.

dirk digler
12-16-2007, 11:47 PM
I thought it was a very good point and hopefully helped wake 'ol Jack up about replacing Carl with another cronie. I'm glad he acknowledged the point and gave it some time on the air.

Good job.

Thanks I appreciate it

Ultra Peanut
12-17-2007, 01:02 AM
Amazing. No matter how mediocre the team looked before the season, I never, ever would have expected a Memphis game to outdraw a Chiefs game this year.

I mean, come on. The Liberty Bowl only seats 65,000...

Smed1065
12-17-2007, 01:08 AM

Peyton. LOL

Many........

Season ticket holders included......

No way.

BigRedChief
12-17-2007, 05:57 AM
Harry showed alot more people with paper bags on than CBS did during the broadcast. There was alot more than I expected. Good job, fans.
Best one by far was the one that First Down Elvis wore that was made up to look like Elvis.

Abba-Dabba
12-17-2007, 06:12 AM

Because to be considered a sellout, it only has to meet a certain %. If 98.6% of tickets are sold one game, and 98.5% the next of course there will be a difference in the amounts.

TEX
12-17-2007, 06:13 AM

:clap:

Tribal Warfare
12-17-2007, 06:21 AM
Now I'm thinking about this saying "money talks and bullshit walks". If they revenue has dropped so severely. Clark's a businessman and this doesn't fly in terms of gaining monetary assets. Carl, currently is trying to spin this to keep his damn job, and he's probably scared shitless that he'll be disgraced in being fired.

TEX
12-17-2007, 06:29 AM
Now I'm thinking about this saying "money talks and bullshit walks". If they revenue has dropped so severely. Clark's a businessman and this doesn't fly in terms of gaining monetary assets. Carl, currently is trying to spin this to keep his damn job, and he's probably scared shitless that he'll be disgraced in being fired.

Nah, I'm pretty sure that Carl has already been given a vote of confidence by Clark. Thus, the the reasoning behind the whole, "Blame this on me BS" rant of his last week. It's easy to take the blame for something if you're not going to be held accountable. :shake:

Tribal Warfare
12-17-2007, 06:33 AM
Nah, I'm pretty sure that Carl has already been given a vote of confidence by Clark. Thus, the the reasoning behind the whole, "Blame this on me BS" rant of his last week. It's easy to take the blame for something if you're not going to be held accountable. :shake:

If the reports are true that Clark publicly would only give a statement until the end of the season means that some drastic changes will be made and it starts from the top. Hell, he might get demoted by just focusing on his business positions of CEO and President

TEX
12-17-2007, 06:44 AM
If the reports are true that Clark publicly would only give a statement until the end of the season means that some drastic changes will be made and it starts from the top. Hell, he might get demoted by just focusing on his business positions of CEO and President

I hope you're right - but to me Clark seems alot like his dad - loyal to a fault. This reminds me of the whole Jack Stedman deal.

Tribal Warfare
12-17-2007, 06:50 AM
I hope you're right - but to me Clark seems alot like his dad - loyal to a fault. This reminds me of the whole Jack Stedman deal.

He may not, because unlike his dad he has never won the Superbowl, or helped change the NFL to its very core. Those are big shoes to fill, and I bet he wants to put his stamp on this franchise. That's by starting with a clean slate and winning a SB for himself

BigRedChief
12-17-2007, 06:54 AM
Nah, I'm pretty sure that Carl has already been given a vote of confidence by Clark.
The only thing that doesn't make sense of that secenerio is that Clark Hunt is telling everyone that he won't have anything to say until after the season is over. If King Carl is comong back and this is Clark's man why not a vote of confidence? Why not say King Carl is the GM to get us turned around.?

Tribal Warfare
12-17-2007, 06:58 AM
The only thing that doesn't make sense of that secenerio is that Clark Hunt is telling everyone that he won't have anything to say until after the season is over. If King Carl is comong back and this is Clark's man why not a vote of confidence? Why not say King Carl is the GM to get us turned around.?

Like the 2003 team their wasn't any indication of a lack of faith concerning King Carl's job security by Lamar.

TEX
12-17-2007, 07:06 AM
He may not, because unlike his dad he has never won the Superbowl, or helped change the NFL to its very core. Those are big shoes to fill, and I bet he wants to put his stamp on this franchise. That's by starting with a clean slate and winning a SB for himself

I hope you're right. Clark can be "loyal" and still change things in that Carl can still be involved with the organization - just not in the same capacity that he is now.

Bwana
12-17-2007, 07:57 AM
43K? I call bullshit. CBS did several pans of Arrowhead and there way no way it was even close to half full. 43K sounds like "Carl Math" to me.

catfish307
12-17-2007, 08:13 AM
I tried to do my part and was going to wear the paper bag but I decided to hell with it and stayed home where it was warmer. Thanks Carl Peterhead,for allowing me to waste $144 on the tickets that I threw in the trash. If I knew your address I'd wipe my ass with them and mail them to you.

Phobia
12-17-2007, 08:14 AM
I tried to do my part and was going to wear the paper bag but I decided to hell with it and stayed home where it was warmer. Thanks Carl Peterhead,for allowing me to waste $144 on the tickets that I threw in the trash. If I knew your address I'd wipe my ass with them and mail them to you.

Carl Peterson
One Arrowhead Dr
KCMO

would never work.

BigRedChief
12-17-2007, 08:17 AM
43K? I call bullshit. CBS did several pans of Arrowhead and there way no way it was even close to half full. 43K sounds like "Carl Math" to me.
I don't know. It was a lot fuller stadium than I thought it would be.

43K may be a little high but not much. I'd say half full and after halftime....30%....and then only the places in the stadium that had still had sun on them had people in any large #'s.

catfish307
12-17-2007, 08:19 AM
Carl Peterson
One Arrowhead Dr
KCMO

would never work.

:hmmm: ;)

ChiTown
12-17-2007, 09:50 AM
The only question that Clark Hunt needs to ask himself:

"If you are rebuilding your NFL team (which we are), would you want Carl Peterson in charge of that job?"

I think we all know the answer to that question, but I honestly don't believe that Clark does - which is pathetically sad.

Ari ümlaüt
12-17-2007, 10:12 AM
Heh. I'm a trend setter. I was the ONLY one that I saw wear a brown bag at the Chargers game.

I kick ass!