PDA

View Full Version : Looks like 2008 will be much the same.

chiefsfan1963
12-17-2007, 03:44 PM
Looks like 2008 will be another year of going nowhere. I see no changes in management or coaching. we will probably win our last 2 games this season and push ourselves out of the Top 10 in the draft next year.

I hope we can duplicate our 2007 performance in 2008 maybe then we will finally see the end of CP.

If CP isn't fired I will most likely not renew my NFL Ticket and just read about Chiefs progress or lack thereof either by frequenting the Planet or other media sources. Watch them when I can when they are on TV (most likely the 2 times they play SAn Diego).

Pretty sad times for Chiefs Fans. :(

We never got to this point with Marty or DV. There was always HOPE!

Now there is absolutely nothing to look forward to other than turning the chapter by firing the whole Front Office and Coaching staff.

stevieray
12-17-2007, 03:48 PM
Looks like 2008 will be another year of going nowhere. I see no changes in management or coaching. we will probably win our last 2 games this season and push ourselves out of the Top 10 in the draft next year.

I hope we can duplicate our 2007 performance in 2008 maybe then we will finally see the end of CP.

If CP isn't fired I will most likely not renew my NFL Ticket and just read about Chiefs progress or lack thereof either by frequenting the Planet or other media sources. Watch them when I can when they are on TV (most likely the 2 times they play SAn Diego).

Now there is absolutely nothing to look forward to other than turning the chapter by firing the whole Front Office and Coaching staff.

thank you, 1963, for making me see the light...you are right, there is nothing to look forward to, other than elevnty billion other posts saying the same thing all offseason....I'm sure you'll feel right at home.

free..free at last.

goodbye.

dirk digler
12-17-2007, 03:52 PM
Damn Stevie I love your avatar.

1963 just wait until the offseason begins before crying about no changes. Give Clark a chance.

DaneMcCloud
12-17-2007, 03:54 PM
Looks like 2008 will be another year of going nowhere. I see no changes in management or coaching.

Brodie Croyle
Dwayne Bowe
Kolby Smith
Tamba Hali
Jarred Page
Jeff Webb
Bernard Pollard
Tyrone Brackenridge
10 draft picks in 2008

Yep. Nothing to look forward to and no improvement. :rolleyes:

Don't let the door hit you on the ass.

Mecca
12-17-2007, 03:57 PM
You list Jeff Webb........that alone is funny as hell.

Hammock Parties
12-17-2007, 03:59 PM

Jeff Webb showed some flashes this year. Some good, some bad. Next year is his make or break year. You need to give the kid a chance.

dirk digler
Yeah Webb shouldn't be here next season.
Pollard is to slow
Brackenridge is a huge question mark

BIG_DADDY
thank you, 1963, for making me see the light...you are right, there is nothing to look forward to, other than elevnty billion other posts saying the same thing all offseason....I'm sure you'll feel right at home.

free..free at last.

goodbye.

Great avatar.

chiefsfan1963
12-17-2007, 04:31 PM
Brodie Croyle
Dwayne Bowe
Kolby Smith
Tamba Hali
Jarred Page
Jeff Webb
Bernard Pollard
Tyrone Brackenridge
10 draft picks in 2008

Yep. Nothing to look forward to and no improvement. :rolleyes:

Don't let the door hit you on the ass.

Read my post dumbass. No changes in management and coaching.

Players can do only so much with incompetent managers and coaches.

Fish
12-17-2007, 04:37 PM
Fire Clark Hunt Now!!

Micjones
12-17-2007, 04:37 PM
This offseason will be more promising than likely any in recent memory.

That's relative of course...
Think about it, take a second.

Adept Havelock
12-17-2007, 04:42 PM

Thank you. Like you, I've been following this franchise for many many years. Even the 70's and 80's didn't feel this bleak.

Then again, that could just be memory easing the pain...

DaneMcCloud
12-17-2007, 04:46 PM
Read my post dumbass. No changes in management and coaching.

Players can do only so much with incompetent managers and coaches.

Your and idiot.

The Chiefs have had two successful drafts. To whom should that credit go?

Any educated fans that thought this team was going to win more than 5 games this year with THIS offensive line was fooling themselves.

DaneMcCloud
12-17-2007, 04:48 PM

I know, Mecca. According to you (and too many other Chiefs fans), every pick should immediately flourish and become a Pro Bowl player. Being a solid football player just isn't enough for you.

You find so much fault with EVERY move this team makes that I seriously think the only reason you post is to agitate and aggravate others.

penguinz
12-17-2007, 05:05 PM
I know, Mecca. According to you (and too many other Chiefs fans), every pick should immediately flourish and become a Pro Bowl player. Being a solid football player just isn't enough for you.

You find so much fault with EVERY move this team makes that I seriously think the only reason you post is to agitate and aggravate others.Leave him alone. He has his own draft board.

kcfanXIII
12-17-2007, 05:11 PM
i don't know why you say there is no sign of change. because carl said his job is safe? did athon say carl was going to get fired? clark won't talk about carl, he won't even give him a vote of confidence. the winds of change are upon this franchise, wheather you see it or not.

chiefsfan1963
12-18-2007, 09:17 AM
Damn Stevie I love your avatar.

1963 just wait until the offseason begins before crying about no changes. Give Clark a chance.

I hope you are right. That's my only chance to be excited again about Chiefs football.

DaKCMan AP
12-18-2007, 09:18 AM
If only we had DV. /retard1963

chiefsfan1963
12-18-2007, 09:31 AM
Your and idiot.

The Chiefs have had two successful drafts. To whom should that credit go?

Any educated fans that thought this team was going to win more than 5 games this year with THIS offensive line was fooling themselves.

No one is not disputing Herm's ability to find good young players in the draft but like golf you have to do more than have a good tee shot.

It is a sad day for Chiefs fans with an absentee owner, a has been GM who should have moved on after DV retired or sooner, and a HC who makes Marty look like Don Coryell. I'm sure there's is alot of folks here feel the same way I do that even with great talent added to this roster we will go no where without a complete revamping of management and coaching.

splatbass
12-18-2007, 09:32 AM
Thank you. Like you, I've been following this franchise for many many years. Even the 70's and 80's didn't feel this bleak.

Then again, that could just be memory easing the pain...

I went through the 70s and 80s too. IMO the reason it seems worse now is Chiefs Planet. You have all the negative people posting constantly and feeding off of each other. It drags everyone down.

I think we have a lot to look forward to. This is the low point in the rebuilding. Stop listening to the "sky is falling" people here and be objective. Any team that goes through a true rebuilding has a year like this. Dallas did. San Diego did. It will get better, and quicker than most here believe IMO.

chiefsfan1963
12-18-2007, 09:34 AM
i don't know why you say there is no sign of change. because carl said his job is safe? did athon say carl was going to get fired? clark won't talk about carl, he won't even give him a vote of confidence. the winds of change are upon this franchise, wheather you see it or not.

Hope you are right. I feel pretty low right now. Despite my frustrations
with Marty I never felt this way when he was our HC. We always had hope. With CP and Herm HOPE is no where to be found.

KCrockaholic
12-18-2007, 09:35 AM
Fire Clark Hunt Now!!

sorry as long as his name has HUNT in it that wont ever happen. Hunt has nothing to do with the chiefs losing so bad this year though

Adept Havelock
12-18-2007, 09:38 AM
I went through the 70s and 80s too. IMO the reason it seems worse now is Chiefs Planet. You have all the negative people posting constantly and feeding off of each other. It drags everyone down.

I think we have a lot to look forward to. This is the low point in the rebuilding. Stop listening to the "sky is falling" people here and be objective. Any team that goes through a true rebuilding has a year like this. Dallas did. San Diego did. It will get better, and quicker than most here believe IMO.

I don't think CP has a damn thing to do with it. It's simply the 21st century version of the same kvetching that went on around the Water Cooler/Break Room every Monday-Friday.

AFAICT, we're stuck in the low point until there is a change of regime.

Bwana
12-18-2007, 09:45 AM
Doom Gloom!! We are doomed 1963, doomed I tell you!!

:spock:

xbarretx
12-18-2007, 09:53 AM
Jeff Webb showed some flashes this year. Some good, some bad. Next year is his make or break year. You need to give the kid a chance.

lol, he got you with the avatar finially eh? its only funny b/c you never respond to pm's

Fish
12-18-2007, 09:56 AM
sorry as long as his name has HUNT in it that wont ever happen. Hunt has nothing to do with the chiefs losing so bad this year though

BS. I blame Clark. Clark Hunt is the reason we're in this mess. He needs to be fired. Fired now!!!

chiefsfan1963
12-18-2007, 11:30 AM

Sorry big guy this is no where near Dallas before they built a dynasty.
Night and Day! :shake:

Rausch
12-18-2007, 11:33 AM

Whe have a talented RB, talented WR, and talented TE. What we're missing is the consistent passer and a line to keep him standing up...

DaKCMan AP
12-18-2007, 11:36 AM

If we still had DV we'd probably be better than the Patriots and the '70s Steelers combined.

picasso
12-18-2007, 11:41 AM
Yeah Webb shouldn't be here next season.
Pollard is to slow
Brackenridge is a huge question mark

What is all of this negativity about Pollard?
I see it on here and I see it on NFL network at times.
I just don't get that at all!!
To me Pollard is one of the stand outs on this team. He makes practically every tackle once a RB or WR gets into the secondary.
He is always inches away from blocking kicks and has blocked quite a number of them in the last two years.
He was always the first person down the field on coverage when he was on the coverage unit.
Why all the hate torwards Pollard? What are you seeing that I am not?
Explain please.

DaKCMan AP
12-18-2007, 11:48 AM
To me Pollard is one of the stand outs on this team. He makes practically every tackle once a RB or WR gets into the secondary.
He is always inches away from blocking kicks and has blocked quite a number of them in the last two years.
He was always the first person down the field on coverage when he was on the coverage unit.
Explain please.

I believe much of the backlash results from his poor coverage skills.

picasso
12-18-2007, 11:55 AM
I believe much of the backlash results from his poor coverage skills.

The only time I have seen him beat is when we are backed up into the redzone and for some damn reason the safeties are playing zone instead of man.
I have never seen him get beat for long yardage. As example in last weeks game they threw to his side 3 times and if Law would quit knocking the ball down and out of Pollards grasp he would have intercepted it at least once. Page on the other hand got spanked.
Where is the poor coverage?

DaKCMan AP
12-18-2007, 12:03 PM
The only time I have seen him beat is when we are backed up into the redzone and for some damn reason the safeties are playing zone instead of man.
I have never seen him get beat for long yardage. As example in last weeks game they threw to his side 3 times and if Law would quit knocking the ball down and out of Pollards grasp he would have intercepted it at least once. Page on the other hand got spanked.
Where is the poor coverage?

Can't pinpoint a game/play, but I'm quite certain he's been burned on the long ball. I'm not down on Pollard, just trying to inform you where others are coming from.

Ugly Duck
12-18-2007, 12:09 PM
I will most likely not renew my NFL Ticket

Now there is absolutely nothing to look forward to

Geesh! Lighten up, ChiefsFanz!

Ya suck, ya get some good draft picks, ya get better, ya move on.

Ya don't just throw in the fuggin towel & walk away!

DaKCMan AP
12-18-2007, 12:10 PM

He's keeping the towel to help wipe away DV's tears :deevee:

Pushead2
12-18-2007, 12:17 PM
just hang in there, whats another 10 - 15 years for a Super Bowl..........

theboweshow
12-18-2007, 12:21 PM
I don't understand. At the beginning of the season everyone on here was whining about how we need to get younger and begin rebuilding. And now, that that has actually happened, and we are losing (which we all expected during the rebuilding process) everyone is crying about this that and the other instead of just enjoying the fact that the MANAGERS AND COACHES are doing what we want them to do, rebuild! so quit crying like little bitches about it and nut up and enjoy this downfall because you have to take 1 step backwards to take 2 steps forward. Next year we may not be super bowl bound, but i guarantee we are on the right track

keg in kc
12-18-2007, 01:37 PM
Hope with DV?

Yeah, hope that we could force a punt, maybe.

Do us all a favor and join him in retirement.

jspchief
12-18-2007, 02:07 PM
Explain please.Personally I think Pollard has the ability to be a very good NFL player, but he's weak in coverage. Not in a "get picked on all day" way, but in a "get burned for a really big one" way.

When he gets exposed, he really gets exposed.

TEX
12-18-2007, 02:26 PM
Hope with DV?

Yeah, hope that we could force a punt, maybe.

Do us all a favor and join him in retirement.

Well if punting is what you like - then you must love this team. :rolleyes:

keg in kc
12-18-2007, 02:52 PM
Well if punting is what you like - then you must love this team.I like winning in January.

At least I think I do. I'd have to see it actually happen to be sure.

Either way, I don't get people. Herm's performance doesn't change the fact that Vermeil utterly failed here.

And this jackhole spouting this crap nonstop year after year?

Christ, get a hobby.

Thig Lyfe
12-18-2007, 02:52 PM
When Kolby Smith wins the rushing title next year... well, uh, I guess I'll just bump this thread to prove that I called it.

chiefsfan1963
12-18-2007, 04:10 PM
Whe have a talented RB, talented WR, and talented TE. What we're missing is the consistent passer and a line to keep him standing up...

Like you say Night and Day!

chiefsfan1963
12-18-2007, 04:11 PM
If we still had DV we'd probably be better than the Patriots and the '70s Steelers combined.

We'd be better than we are now. and we would have HOPE!

chiefsfan1963
12-18-2007, 04:13 PM

Only if we have a completely new GM, Front Office, and Coaching Staff would that be true.

chiefsfan1963
12-18-2007, 04:18 PM
I don't understand. At the beginning of the season everyone on here was whining about how we need to get younger and begin rebuilding. And now, that that has actually happened, and we are losing (which we all expected during the rebuilding process) everyone is crying about this that and the other instead of just enjoying the fact that the MANAGERS AND COACHES are doing what we want them to do, rebuild! so quit crying like little bitches about it and nut up and enjoy this downfall because you have to take 1 step backwards to take 2 steps forward. Next year we may not be super bowl bound, but i guarantee we are on the right track

No one has a problem with losing. it's the big picture of where we are going with current management and coaching. Even with better players added to this roster and the exit of vets that are past their prime I have no confidence we have the proper GM, Front Office, and coaching to put it all together.

TEX
12-18-2007, 04:31 PM
No one has a problem with losing. it's the big picture of where we are going with current management and coaching. Even with better players added to this roster and the exit of vets that are past their prime I have no confidence we have the proper GM, Front Office, and coaching to put it all together.

Exactly! Plus, the Chiefs backed into the rebuild after the season was already lost. Their "rebuild by default" mentality is total chicken-shit. If you don't have the courage to do something and own it, then you can't do it correctly to begin with. :shake:

TEX
12-18-2007, 04:44 PM
I like winning in January.

At least I think I do. I'd have to see it actually happen to be sure.

Either way, I don't get people. Herm's performance doesn't change the fact that Vermeil utterly failed here.

And this jackhole spouting this crap nonstop year after year?

Christ, get a hobby.

And every year you're sooooo full of your own self-righteous BS, that you can't "get people."

If you have to actually see something, like winning football games in January, to know if you'd like it or not, then you shouldn't even be afforded the chance.

D.V. did not utterly fail here. Many enjoyed the games much more than this crap. BTW, you've seen the Chiefs punt so much this season - do you know if you like it? Dipshit.

Pablo
12-18-2007, 05:32 PM
It does look like 2008 will be much the same.

I predict you making about 10,000 more posts of little substance. Do you ever wonder why you have close to 3,000 posts and such a piss-poor rep, or why when you start a thread 75% of the people disagree with you?