PDA

View Full Version : Just wondering.....Did Brian Westbrook mess up anyone's fantasy game this week?

CoMoChief
12-17-2007, 06:07 PM
Considering he dove and downed it on the one yd line to prevent from scoring. That had to have drove someone here nuts. lol

CoMoChief
12-17-2007, 06:09 PM
I think it would make a great article in The Onion about how someone wrote a letter to Westbrook demanding a check for a certain amount of money because he caused someone their matchup in the playoffs. lol

Demonpenz
12-17-2007, 06:09 PM
He didn't hurt me but that was bullshit. Get in the endzone jackass

Third Eye
12-17-2007, 06:13 PM
He didn't hurt me but that was bullshit. Get in the endzone jackass
Why was it bullshit? Extremely smart play.

Demonpenz
12-17-2007, 06:16 PM
Why was it bullshit? Extremely smart play.

I am tired of these stupid players and their "LOOk at ME attitude" His move made it on every highlight. Congrats clown

Third Eye
12-17-2007, 06:17 PM
I am tired of these stupid players and their "LOOk at ME attitude" His move made it on every highlight. Congrats clown
Are you serious? It was one the most selfless acts I've ever seen.

Hootie
12-17-2007, 06:19 PM
he isn't serious...and it was nice to see Westbrook have some football IQ...

I remember years ago Illinois was pulling an upset at The Big House (gay) and were up a point...all they needed was a 1st down and their RB busted it and all he had to do was fall down and the game was over...instead he scored, putting the Illini up 8 and giving Michigan another chance to tie the game...

They didn't, and Illinois won, but it was still a dumbass play.

JohninGpt
12-17-2007, 06:21 PM
That was the greatest play all weekend.

RJ
12-17-2007, 06:23 PM
That was the first thing that popped in my mind when I saw the play. It didn't effect either of my games but I'm sure there were plenty of guys cussing or cheering as a result.

Apparently he took the knee at the suggestion of Jon Runyan, according to this Sportsline article.

http://cbs.sportsline.com/nfl/story/10534431

KcMizzou
12-17-2007, 06:26 PM
I had him on my team, but I didn't make the playoffs anyway. Finished 7-7 :(

Adept Havelock
12-17-2007, 06:26 PM
Didn't affect me one way or the other. Though it was one of the classiest and most selfless things I've ever seen a player do, giving up a sure TD just to ensure the other team didn't touch the ball again.

Well done, Mr. Runyan and Mr. Westbrook.

SLAG
12-17-2007, 06:27 PM
the guy sitting next to me at work, it just kinda messed with his game, had he scored he would be in the lead in his league by 7pts now hes only ahead by 1pt...

take that for what you will

BigMeatballDave
12-17-2007, 06:27 PM
Great play. Very selfless.

Shag
12-17-2007, 06:33 PM
His run actually put me over the top - ended up winning by 3 points. I couldn't believe it at the time, though - I thought for sure that would be the end of me, lol.

Westy has carried my FFL team all year, so I'll give him a pass on this one... ;)

KevB
12-17-2007, 06:35 PM
It cost me a trip to the champship in a league I dominated all season. I lost by 7, and had TO/Barber/Folk/Westy going in that game. Had Westy scored, I would have needed a 3 yard catch from TO to win my game. With Philly in prevent mode, that would likely have happened. Needless to say, I'm still seething. I don't blame Westbrook, but that's the first time I've ever seen someone do that. Tough way to lose.

'Hamas' Jenkins
12-17-2007, 06:38 PM
My wife won her game by 6.29 because he stopped at the one. Had he scored, she would have been up by .19, and her opponent still had Nick Folk, who may have kicked a quick figgie to set up an onside kick attempt.

Demonpenz
12-17-2007, 06:39 PM
westbrook has been running as hard as tony G has been playing. He isn't a big guy and there has been games where they have been way out of it and he is still out there trying to truck people

Shag
12-17-2007, 06:42 PM
It cost me a trip to the champship in a league I dominated all season. I lost by 7, and had TO/Barber/Folk/Westy going in that game. Had Westy scored, I would have needed a 3 yard catch from TO to win my game. With Philly in prevent mode, that would likely have happened. Needless to say, I'm still seething. I don't blame Westbrook, but that's the first time I've ever seen someone do that. Tough way to lose.

Sucks when that kind of stuff happens in FFL. A couple years ago, I lost my semi-final game by .1pts because my QB took a knee 3 plays in a row, netting -3 yards. I couldn't believe it. I hadn't actually realized those counted as negative rushing yards until that happened...

I also once lost a game because my defense gave up a single point. The opposing defense returned a pick for a TD, and the extra point was credited against my defense (only points scored by that team in the game). Lost the shutout points, which ended up being the difference in the game.

Good times... :)

Sfeihc
12-17-2007, 06:43 PM
We'll see. On one hand I wouldn't be in the semis if I didn't have BW. I'm down 5 with Longwell yet to go and my opponent has Minny's D left.

JBucc
12-17-2007, 06:45 PM
I have him on one of my teams but I'm already out of the playoffs so I don't care. On my team that's in the semis I'm currently up by twenty and my opponent has no players playing tonight, while I have Peterson .

smittysbar
12-17-2007, 06:58 PM
Sent me to the SB in our league, Thanks Westbrook LOL

Mecca
12-17-2007, 07:03 PM
I need 7 to win with Peterson going tonight....if Westbrook had scored I'd need 14.

Deberg_1990
12-17-2007, 07:11 PM
I need 7 to win with Peterson going tonight....if Westbrook had scored I'd need 14.

I wonder how many people are banking on Peterson tonight?

Most of the other big names flopped yesterday (fantasy wise)

Romo, Brady, Moss, T.O.

The guy in my 12 team league whos 11-2, is down by 8 points. Hes been riding Peterson all year.

Should be interesting.

Mecca
12-17-2007, 07:15 PM

Romo, Brady, Moss, T.O.

The guy in my 12 team league whos 11-2, is down by 8 points. Hes been riding Peterson all year.

Should be interesting.

What's ****ed up is most of my guys performed....I have guys like LT, Greg Jennings, Colston......I'm the 2nd highest scorer with 120 problem is the guy I played is the only other guy over 100....

Everyone else is below 80, that's been my luck all year. I have the most point scored by 200+ yet didn't finish with the best record and struggle to win every single week....talk about bad luck. Everyone has their highest scoring weeks against me.

HolmeZz
12-17-2007, 07:32 PM
Westbrook screwed me pretty bad. I need Peterson to go off tonight. Got Gould going too.

smittysbar
12-17-2007, 08:17 PM

Romo, Brady, Moss, T.O.

Should be interesting.

It was a bad week. TJ, Chad, Gates, TG, Addai, Barber, Welker, Both Mannings, Plex, Shocky, White........man just a shitty week for owners, I barely squeaked it out with like 59 points LOL

whoaskew
12-17-2007, 08:47 PM
Thanks to Brees and Westbrook, I started the season 1-4. Thanks to Brees and Westbrook, my current record is 7-6 and I am headed to the super bowl next week.

KcMizzou
12-17-2007, 08:50 PM
Thanks to Brees and Westbrook, I started the season 1-4. Thanks to Brees and Westbrook, my current record is 7-6 and I am headed to the super bowl next week.7-6 and headed to the Superbowl?
:hmmm:

homey
12-17-2007, 08:55 PM
I could argue it cost me $200. Starting selvin young over fargas would be more accurate though.