PDA

View Full Version : Everyone on the record about Herm: a poll

the Talking Can
12-18-2007, 10:52 PM
This is so we can look back in two years and make fun of the stupid people, whoever they are...the way we will forever make fun of those morons who thought Huard was a good QB (hootie, goatse, Herm, Carl)

1. You believe Herm will rebuild this team into a Championship contender...by which I mean: Herm will take the Chiefs to an AFC Championship game...I'm not even asking for a Superbowl, and I'm not applying a time limit...3 years, 5 years, whatever

2. You believe that Herm will fail and will be fired in 2-3 years.

chiefbowe82
12-18-2007, 10:57 PM
HERM WILL TAKE US TO THE PROMISE LAND
I've said it from day one, and will continue to do so.

FAX
12-18-2007, 10:59 PM
I would very much like a Herm will walk into a wall option.

FAX

Hammock Parties
12-18-2007, 11:02 PM
We're ****ed.

Rasputin
12-18-2007, 11:29 PM
Get over it Herm.

The only thing I'm hoping for next year is that Brodie establishes himself as a steller QB and that he hooks up with D Bowe on many TDs. I'm afraid however with Dick Curl and Herm "Coaching" him and this team it's going to be a lost coz. Herm is just not a good coach. He is not a game day coach and he is not a good practice coach. This team is very unstable from the get go of the season. Herm makes stupid player moves like Drummond. WTF.

Last year he road LJ up the arse of Shields and Weigman all year long. This year LJ wasn't a factor and the "script" for success was a script for failure. This defense is not what it should be and not only do we have to "fix" the offense but we still have to "fix" this defense. Too many holes to fill for starters and back ups.

Brodie & this team has to learn how to win I think Brodie can do it but like I said he is behind the 8ball & with this coaching staff, God help us.

RJ
12-18-2007, 11:41 PM
I don't like the options. I believe Herm will be fired before the 2009 season.

AggressiveNapkin
12-18-2007, 11:42 PM
We all have better chances of winning the lottery than option number 1 happening

RibKing67
12-18-2007, 11:43 PM
I am torn..... I do like Herm but I do not believe that King Carl will give him the players or allow him the freedom to hire "his" staff to get to the championship game. If he fails to do it, it will not be his fault entirely. I vote option #2.

Lonewolf Ed
12-18-2007, 11:44 PM
This is getting me very flustrated.

stumppy
12-18-2007, 11:46 PM
Wheres the "Herm will fail and not get fired" option ?

stumppy
12-18-2007, 11:47 PM
You need to consult Rainman before you start another poll.

The Franchise
12-18-2007, 11:47 PM
I want Herm to lead us to the promised land....I just don't think it's going to happen in the next two years.

Hootie
12-18-2007, 11:52 PM
I would be thrilled for someone to go back and show me where I stated Huard was a "good" QB...

I said, for this season, he was the best we had and gave us the best chance of winning...

Was I wrong?

Archie Bunker
12-18-2007, 11:54 PM
IMO he will fail.

I spent most of last season and this offseason defending Herm but now it is clear I was on the wrong side of the argument.

The decision to start Huard soured me on Herm and then watching his product on the field turned me. I was wasn't expecting a Super Bowl or even a division championship but I was expecting to compete and improve as the season wore on not just collapse. The offense looks just like it did against Indy last season, the D is exactly the same, and the special teams might be the worst in the league. I understand that talent is an issue but this is some of the worst coaching I've ever seen.

I have no faith in Carl, Herm, Gun, Solari and everyone below them. Do I ever think Gun will get the most out of DJ or Solari will get the most out of Croyle and Bowe? Absolutely not.

Its time for change. No telling how much more damage Carl and Herm can do in 2 yrs.

12-18-2007, 11:56 PM
We needed yet another poll for this?

Hootie
12-18-2007, 11:59 PM
as a Chiefs fan, I hope he succeeds...I wish we'd find an offensive minded coach like Cowher had with Ken Whisenhunt...we need a little creativity on that side of the ball...

Another year of Solari will spell disaster for Herm...that would be a grave mistake.

RedThat
12-19-2007, 03:45 AM
If he is too stubborn enough to not change his ways, I don't think he can do it. I just don't like him as a coach. I think he has the right idea by drafting players and playing them? Not to say all the players he drafted are good, but he has been playing them which is good in a way.

I just don't like the way he utilizes his players on offense. I am not to crazy about a cover 2 scheme on defense it is way too conservative. I'm not crazy about his philosophy and what he is trying to implement here. i think those things alone are the downfall of this team. He wants ball control on offense, and not give up the big play on defense. Herm needs to be less driven by fear, and coach with more courage and inspiration. I question his ability to manage a team. He needs to work on that, and He needs to work more on his decision making late in games, and learn how to manage the game clock better.

I just think he needs to grow more as a coach. A change in attitude and beliefs are necessary. I think he needs all the tools he can get on offense to succeed. I say that, because it's obvious he knows defense, and wants to win with defense. But He needs the right guy to manage and dictate an offense well enough to complement his defense. And to also let his offensive coaches coach. He can't do this by himself? He needs help on the side of the ball where he is weak. Just so the Chiefs are managed well on both sides of the ball. If he doesn't get that, they ain't gonna win anything. Just an overall change in philosophy would be nice. Not saying I totally disagree with being conservative? sometimes you have to be? Mix it up a little bit throw surprises at the opposition. Hey unpredictability is sometimes a coach's best friend.

Those are the only things I can think of off the top of my head that'll prolly help him?

KChiefer
12-19-2007, 03:52 AM
"The outcome does not look well."

let me shake that 8-ball one more time...

"Pfffft!"

Yeah, that's more like it.

TN_Chief
12-19-2007, 04:07 AM
Herm won't get another 2-3 years. He should be fired after this year...if he isn't, he will be fired after next year.

12-19-2007, 04:14 AM
"The outcome does not look well."

let me shake that 8-ball one more time...

"Pfffft!"

Yeah, that's more like it.
NO! Not another member that plays with an 8-ball. :deevee:

Tribal Warfare
12-19-2007, 04:19 AM
Its time for change. No telling how much more damage Carl and Herm can do in 2 yrs.

The thing I'm interested is Clark's reaction with this season when asked if Carl's job is safe he said "in the offseason I'll talk to the media". Usually it's a quick stamp of approval, but he gave a no comment response

a1na2
12-19-2007, 05:37 AM
You left off the most important choice:

3. Herm has failed and needs to be fired today.

Groves
12-19-2007, 08:10 AM
NO! Not another member that plays with an 8-ball. :deevee:

Let's stop it right there before we get into phrases like "lovingly tugged" and how your wife can take two of them in her mouth, etc.

talastan
12-19-2007, 08:14 AM
Provided IMO that Carl gets canned, resigns, quits, leaves, etc. I think Herm could get us to a championship. We've got IMO the talent at most of the skill positions, we just need the offensive and defensive line talent to get the rest of the way.

Eleazar
12-19-2007, 08:14 AM
how about I believe Herm will fail and will not be fired? :fire:

patteeu
12-19-2007, 08:56 AM
I would be thrilled for someone to go back and show me where I stated Huard was a "good" QB...

I said, for this season, he was the best we had and gave us the best chance of winning...

Was I wrong?

No.

patteeu
12-19-2007, 09:01 AM
I voted that he'll fail, but only because I'd guess that the chance of any coach getting us to the AFC Championship game before he gets fired is less than 50/50.

I'm willing to let Herm and Carl finish out their contracts, unless they show zero progress next season or unless a coach like Bill Cowher or Jeff Fisher were to make themselves available. At that point, Carl can retire with the dignity he earned by reviving a dead football franchise and the new GM can pick his own coach.

Dave Lane
12-19-2007, 09:08 AM

Thanks Herm.

Dave

HemiEd
12-19-2007, 09:11 AM
Herm won't get another 2-3 years. He should be fired after this year...if he isn't, he will be fired after next year.

That was the option I was looking for.

the Talking Can
12-19-2007, 09:15 AM
That was the option I was looking for.

well, consider it implicit in the option...I was trying to create a bright line...no 3rd options..

HemiEd
12-19-2007, 09:17 AM
well, consider it implicit in the option...I was trying to create a bright line...no 3rd options..

You did, and that is the one I selected.

King_Chief_Fan
12-19-2007, 10:04 AM

thanks for your input Mrs. Edwards. Merry Christmas to you and Herm.