PDA

View Full Version : Clark should get into the Parcell derby

Mr. Laz
12-19-2007, 04:06 PM
tell Bill that he can be our vp and that we will beat any financial offer made by anyone else.

tell King Carl to get lost

let Parcells clean house and fire/hire anyone he wants

Even if Parcells only stays 4/5 years it would be a great thing to clean the air and move the organization in the right direction.

definitely let Bill get inot our scouting/player evaluation system and get to work.

Clark wants to be hands off .... Parcells wants control

no brainer imo

Stewie
12-19-2007, 04:12 PM
Sounds good, but I'm not sure if I were a great coach I'd want to work for Parcells.

Hootie
12-19-2007, 04:13 PM
pipe dream

HC_Chief
12-19-2007, 04:14 PM
Parcells GM, Cowher HC.

If we're going to dream, why not dream big?

Rooster
12-19-2007, 04:16 PM
pipe dream

Exactly, put down the pipe. :bong:

talastan
12-19-2007, 04:33 PM
Parcells GM, Cowher HC.

Oh Gawd, Arrowhead would crumble to the ground as much as these two would fight for control...

the Talking Can
12-19-2007, 04:36 PM
how dare you have expectations for this franchise.....

kaplin42
12-19-2007, 04:40 PM
Parcells GM, Cowher HC.

Just to be clear here. Everyone is all hard up for Cowher to be a head coach. Now game time management would be better, and scouting might be a little bit better. But the offensive game plan would be about the same. Run the ball, run the ball, run the ball some more, and then, anytime you are on offense, you should run the ball.

I would not complain if he was the Chiefs next HC, I mean he does have the most winningest record in the last 15 years, but don't expect Cowher to bring back the explosive offense that we had.

DMAC
12-19-2007, 04:42 PM
Just to be clear here. Everyone is all hard up for Cowher to be a head coach. Now game time management would be better, and scouting might be a little bit better. But the offensive game plan would be about the same. Run the ball, run the ball, run the ball some more, and then, anytime you are on offense, you should run the ball.

I would not complain if he was the Chiefs next HC, I mean he does have the most winningest record in the last 15 years, but don't expect Cowher to bring back the explosive offense that we had.
Who gives a shite, I just want to win.

HC_Chief
12-19-2007, 04:42 PM

Not at all accurate. Sure, in his early years he was run, run, run, then run again, but in his latter seasons Pittsburgh had a very creative offense with a potent passing game. Just because a team runs well it does not mean it is conservative.

Boozer76
12-19-2007, 04:44 PM
Sounds good, but I'm not sure if I were a great coach I'd want to work for Parcells.

Maybe not an established great coach, but certainly one of the up and coming guys like Mike Singletary, Rob Ryan, Maurice Carthon.

Skip Towne
12-19-2007, 04:46 PM
Not at all accurate. Sure, in his early years he was run, run, run, then run again, but in his latter seasons Pittsburgh had a very creative offense with a potent passing game. Just because a team runs well it does not mean it is conservative.
If we had the Bus we would run too.

FAX
12-19-2007, 04:46 PM
how dare you have expectations for this franchise.....

Exactly. I mean, who would have ever thought that Joe Montana would play here? Or that we would ever have the number one ranked offense in the league? Or that we could draft a wide receiver who could run and catch?

Stuff can get better. We just need to concentrate and think good thoughts and eat lots of Whoppers.

FAX

FAX
12-19-2007, 04:51 PM
... he might be a decent coach, but what does he know about football operations and good buisness moves.

Not a damned thing. Which greatly improves our situation.

FAX

kcxiv
12-19-2007, 04:51 PM

Cowher learned later in his career to let the guys on offense score if they can score. Not hold the game close like Herm wants.

Herm preaches defense year in and year out. Cowher actually has the defenses year in and year out.

HC_Chief
12-19-2007, 04:53 PM
Cowher learned later in his career to let the guys on offense score if they can score. Not hold the game close like Herm wants.

Herm preaches defense year in and year out. Cowher actually has the defenses year in and year out.

not only that, but Cowher also had a TON of turnover and yet still managed to consistently field a winner.

kaplin42
12-19-2007, 05:05 PM

I know that in his last 3 seasons they started to open up the offense a bit more once they got Big Ben. But that does not change his run style of offense. And even durring that time, when they got a 14 pt lead, they would sit on the ball and just run it. Again, not opposed to Cowher, be he is not going to bring any team that he coaches flashiest offense. It will be a run first offense.

kaplin42
12-19-2007, 05:12 PM

not only that, but Cowher also had a TON of turnover and yet still managed to consistently field a winner.

I loved cowhers D, especially since I'm a stong supporter of 3-4, Cowher would be a great coach, and I would take him over Herm in a second. But I think you are fooling yourselves if you are expecting an explosive offense with Cowher as the HC.

BIG_DADDY
12-19-2007, 05:17 PM
Yep

Crush
12-19-2007, 05:17 PM
Not a damned thing. Which greatly improves our situation.

ROFL

tk13
12-19-2007, 05:21 PM
I honestly don't think Cowher and Herm are that different. The biggest difference is Cowher has probably done a better job of hiring coordinators. But I think their philosophies are fairly similar. That's not a knock on Cowher, he's one of the best, but I bet if we gave Herm 15 years he'd probably have a couple really good playoff runs too.

kcxiv
12-19-2007, 05:26 PM
I honestly don't think Cowher and Herm are that different. The biggest difference is Cowher has probably done a better job of hiring coordinators. But I think their philosophies are fairly similar. That's not a knock on Cowher, he's one of the best, but I bet if we gave Herm 15 years he'd probably have a couple really good playoff runs too.
They are basically the same. Herm learned under Cowher. Cowher actually learned that he had to adapt to todays football. That made all the difference in the world. Cowher actually realized that he had to teach himself new tricks.

tk13
12-19-2007, 05:41 PM
They are basically the same. Herm learned under Cowher. Cowher actually learned that he had to adapt to todays football. That made all the difference in the world. Cowher actually realized that he had to teach himself new tricks.
I don't think he changed quite as much as people like to think. There was basically one or two games in his career.. and that was those Indy and Denver playoff games they won on the way to the Super Bowl... where they kind of surprised everyone by coming out and throwing instead of running at first. But that's what a Super Bowl will do for you... nobody even cares it took over a decade for him to do it.

Even that Super Bowl winning team... they were #1 in the league in rushing attempts, and dead last, 32, in passing attempts. They were always a pound the rock/play defense team.