Mr. Laz
12-19-2007, 06:04 PM
toast ...

=====================
TOP OF THE MORNIN’

Twibell looking forward to challenge of morning drive time
By JEFFREY FLANAGAN
The Kansas City Star

You might think that Roger Twibell, as the new early morning sports talk-show host at KCSP (610 AM), will feel pressured to produce a show that adheres to the typical drive-time rowdiness.

Not the case. You won’t hear any vulgarity on Twibell’s show, and you won’t hear any Howard Stern-type stories about strippers dancing around in his studio.

“That’s just not my style,” said Twibell, 58. “My focus will be on getting some good guests through all my contacts in sports and also having some strong opinions on the show.

“We’re going to have some fun, but it’ll be sports related.”

Twibell is set to start Jan. 4, replacing Damon Amendolara, who was let go last Friday. The radio station continues to conduct interviews in search of a co-host for Twibell.

One might think that a man at Twibell’s age, and a man who has done national sportscasting gigs for ABC and ESPN, would be the last person interested in the daily grind of an early morning talk show.

“I have to admit that I love challenges,” Twibell said. “I have three kids. Heck, I’m up in the morning at that time anyway.

“I sort of made a decision two years ago as ESPN was winding down from its golf coverage that here was a chance for me to be at home more. So I’ve been looking for an opportunity like this, and after listening to the people at 610, I really believe they’re on the right track.

“They’ve got the Royals radio contract now, and I just like the direction they’re going to go.”

Twibell said he certainly won’t hide the fact he has a long history with golf.

“We’ll have segments on golf, even in the winter,” he said. “Hopefully I will have the opportunity, through my connections, to get some great golf interviews. But we’ll be involved with all sports.”

Other gigs

Twibell, by the way, is also part of the Big Ten Network and has about 20 assignments this winter. He said those duties won’t interfere with his work at 610.

“They are all Saturday assignments, so once Friday’s show is over, I’ll just hop on a plane and go,” he said.

There’s also a chance Twibell could be involved in some Royals broadcasts this season, either television or radio.

“If there’s a situation where they need someone in Chicago or Detroit or wherever for a trip,” he said, “I could certainly be involved in that.”

Back to WHB?

Wouldn’t it make for a fun little radio story if Tim Grunhard actually did go back to WHB and to “Crunch Time” with Frank Boal?

Grunhard’s contract at KCSP is up at the end of the year, and it doesn’t appear he’s likely to stay at 610, at least as a talk-show host.

“Well, Frank and I have stayed good friends,” Grunhard said. “And I was the guy who coined the phrase ‘Crunch Time’ for the show. Stranger things have happened.”

To reach Jeffrey Flanagan, call 816-234-4492 and leave a message or send e-mail to jflanagan@kcstar.com

Demonpenz
12-19-2007, 06:04 PM
he has an outragously hot girlfriend. I need to get on radio

Eleazar
12-19-2007, 06:06 PM
They already took him off their website. Schedule just doesn't say anything in that spot.

Dayze
12-19-2007, 06:06 PM
hmmm.

Not that I was a huge fan, but I enjoyed some aspects of his show on the drive in to work - particularly when 810 Border Patrol starts talking endlessly about movies, tv shows etc.

Wonder why? The guys that are on there now annoyed the bejesus out of me.

Guess I need to get Sirius now for my 45 minute commute.

12-19-2007, 06:08 PM
http://blog.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=blog.view&friendID=51658880&blogID=338720286

Sunday, December 16, 2007

The End at 610

Sound funny in the morning? None of the usual DA musings with your Corn Pops and screaming kids? Understood. The DA Show had over four years, 1,000 episodes, three Hall of Fame ceremonies, almost $10,000 raised for Kansas City charities and one Crazy Ray.

Unfortunately, management at 610 Sports has decided to make wholesale changes to the radio station and this is one of them. Honestly, I did not see it coming and it pains me to think there was never a proper good bye or a chance to say thanks.

Like the final episode of The Sopranos, it was a sudden cut to black. If I would have known Friday was my last show, I would have spent the better part of three hours sending along a big fat thanks to the good people and great sports fans of the Mighty Midwest.

While other cities might be bigger or louder or brasher, no sports town does it like K.C. and Im proud to have called it home for five years. There was never a day on the show when it didnt feel important to be there. Why? Because of the passion and knowledge of the sports fans here.

Feel the rush at Arrowhead on a fall Sunday (you know, when they havent lost seven straight). Let the excitement soak in on Opening Day at The K (you know, when they havent yet gone oh-for-June).

Notice the awesome fragments of history littered all over the Phog, like the upper windows painted shut in 1958. Tailgate and swing the tiger tail on a gorgeous Missouri Saturday at Faurot Field. Laugh it up when the chicken gets loose at Bramlage during another bitter feud with the Jaybirds. Sit in the Cauldron for just fifteen minutes and try to remember the last time anyone used THOSE expletives in THAT order. Go check out the Friday Night Lights at Rockhurst and realize that half these kids are gonna play and play well at the next level.

There is a paranoia that St. Louis gets more attention and Denver has more rings and Dallas has more glitz, that we are one Sprint Center away from Omaha.

Nah.

Nobody does sports and family and charity like K.C. That award has been locked down for forty years.

Hopefully, the DA Show will get a second-chance to be revived in Kansas City (like Sopranos: The Movie!). Anybody need to fill overnights on a 100-watt A.M. signal out of Paola? Because it has been a treat every morning to flick on the mic and roll through three hours like it was three minutes.

The good people at 610 Sports believed in the show for a very long time (even during the Stormbot years!) and supported the intern spelling bees and two-hour Ramen takes.

Now, they have made some changes. I have a feeling there are plenty more. I wish them nothing but the best. Some of my best friends in the world remain there. They have, and always will, kick major ass.

Yep, if I had known Friday was my last show, I would have tried to say all that.

To paraphrase a DA Show legend, Paul in Olathe: Later, 610 Sports!

Mecca
12-19-2007, 06:08 PM
Roger Twibell lol........newsflash to the people running that station. You are not going to get morning drive ratings with an old boring guy....morning radio is for Johnny Dare and you have to do that kind of show to compete..

You can loosely be sports but the way he sounds in that interview...it just sounds boring.

12-19-2007, 06:09 PM
This sucks by the way. I liked him.

Mecca
12-19-2007, 06:09 PM
hmmm.

Not that I was a huge fan, but I enjoyed some aspects of his show on the drive in to work - particularly when 810 Border Patrol starts talking endlessly about movies, tv shows etc.

Wonder why? The guys that are on there now annoyed the bejesus out of me.

Guess I need to get Sirius now for my 45 minute commute.

Because you will never compete in the morning drive hours without being ridiculously out of bounds and venturing off to be funny......straight sports won't cut it in those hours.

Dayze
12-19-2007, 06:10 PM
Roger Twibell lol........newsflash to the people running that station. You are not going to get morning drive ratings with an old boring guy....morning radio is for Johnny Dare and you have to do that kind of show to compete..

You can loosely be sports but the way he sounds in that interview...it just sounds boring.

I hate sports radio in this town; DA was the only one I could consistently 'tolerate'; I enjoyed his humor.

Roger Twibell.....WTF...

:rolleyes:

Demonpenz
12-19-2007, 06:12 PM
man i loved that one dude who was always on pcp what the hell was that guys name?

Sure-Oz
12-19-2007, 06:12 PM
wtf would they get rid of DA?

Hammock Parties
12-19-2007, 06:14 PM
Did anyone listen to Grunhard this morning? Did he mention Brodie Croyle at all?

Mecca
12-19-2007, 06:14 PM
wtf would they get rid of DA?

They want the guy who does the Chiefs preseason games.....

610 doesn't have much of a grasp on what people like I guess. You can only talk about football so much before you need someone to have a more comical take than a serious one.

Before long all 610 is going to be is old boring guys and ex jocks...hell that's what it is now.

12-19-2007, 06:15 PM
Guess I will be pulling out my Zune and listening to podcasts now. Thanks for ruining my morning drive home. 610 was the only local show worth listening too.

Dayze
.....similar, but seperate topic - wasn't there a guy named Renshaw that hosted a morning show here for a while; he too suddenly disappeared one day. anyone know why?

just curious

Sure-Oz
They want the guy who does the Chiefs preseason games.....

610 doesn't have much of a grasp on what people like I guess. You can only talk about football so much before you need someone to have a more comical take than a serious one.

Before long all 610 is going to be is old boring guys and ex jocks...hell that's what it is now.
Pointless to listen to 610 now unless i want to fall asleep.

Mecca
12-19-2007, 06:16 PM
.....similar, but seperate topic - wasn't there a guy named Renshaw that hosted a morning show here for a while; he too suddenly disappeared one day. anyone know why?

just curious

He was on 810, I think he left to do radio in Houston which is a better gig than radio here.

Mecca
12-19-2007, 06:17 PM
Pointless to listen to 610 now unless i want to fall asleep.

If they want to get rid of people....how about Neal Jones and Marty Wall, those are the most boring guys ever.

I'm sorry anymore your show can't be "straight sports" 100% of the time, what happened to guys with some humor and personality? Even 810 is full of bland boring people.

Jilly
12-19-2007, 06:19 PM
I'm gonna miss the "turdbirds" referencing the most

Dayze
12-19-2007, 06:20 PM
He was on 810, I think he left to do radio in Houston which is a better gig than radio here.

Interesting; I have no idea why I remember that guy; I found him so annoying I was pissed off by the time I got to work; at that time, the alternative was Whitlock....*sigh*

Demonpenz
12-19-2007, 06:20 PM
Renchaw was a drug addict and I think he got fired for it

Mecca
12-19-2007, 06:21 PM
Interesting; I have no idea why I remember that guy; I found him so annoying I was pissed off by the time I got to work; at that time, the alternative was Whitlock....*sigh*

He was a bit to much.....

Maybe it's just me but 24 hours of nothing but sports and no humor or venturing off is frankly boring. You can only discuss something so many times.

Dayze
12-19-2007, 06:21 PM
I'm gonna miss the "turdbirds" referencing the most
I enjoyed the Mangino "that's right....dollar signs"
which was then used on a variety of other issues/topics.

"that's right.............; .500 football" in regards to the Chiefs etc.

Dayze
12-19-2007, 06:23 PM
He was a bit to much.....

Maybe it's just me but 24 hours of nothing but sports and no humor or venturing off is frankly boring. You can only discuss something so many times.
Agreed.
Particularly hearing people call in, who haven't a clue.
"Well, I think the Chiefs should trade Larry Johnson and TG for 10 fist round picks and a sandwhich"

too many callers seem like they have a script or "take" they read from; reminds me of Rome (who is the anti-christ)

Simplex3
12-19-2007, 06:25 PM
Oh no. Whatever will they do with only 3 hours of Jim Rome a day?

Mecca
12-19-2007, 06:27 PM
Jim Rome would be better if he didn't do sports.....he's way funnier when he talks about other things.

doomy3
They cancel DA but keep Dumb and Dumber in the evenings. THat's how you consistently get your ass kicked by 810.

Dayze
Man...Rome is so incredibly bad it's hard to describe. He gets paid to read emails on the radio.....only in America. Oh...and don't forget the 15-20 seconds of silence here and there....

Dayze
12-19-2007, 06:29 PM
They cancel DA but keep Dumb and Dumber in the evenings. THat's how you consistently get your ass kicked by 810.
:clap:
100% agree.

Not sure who the guys are who've replaced DA (Chris and Cowboy?)....but uh,......yeah. I'm not sure what to make of them just yet. They strike me as the type of guys who will argue you to the death, when you're simply stating an opinion. (Petro is the King of this...dumping callers who disagree with him).

Mecca
12-19-2007, 06:31 PM

How about 610's moniker......."the football channel"........it should be "the boring channel" I'm not sure a single person on the station was born with a personality.

doomy3
12-19-2007, 06:35 PM
How about 610's moniker......."the football channel"........it should be "the boring channel" I'm not sure a single person on the station was born with a personality.

Well, the thing is now they are the flagship for the Royals too. I see them making a run at moving Soren Petro over to their station as he is by far the best baseball guy on KC radio. And really, I would be cool with that if they put him head to head with KK in the evening as I hate Keitzman as much as anyone in KC. Plus, Neil and Marty suck Donkey Balls.

DaneMcCloud
12-19-2007, 06:35 PM
man i loved that one dude who was always on pcp what the hell was that guys name?

Jack Harry?

Dayze
12-19-2007, 06:36 PM

I agree; the only person I could tolerate was DA; mostly because i found his sarcasm & humor entertaining.

Now....Grunhard ( :rolleyes: ), Rome, and Dumb and Dumber....
holy crap.

They've lost their burst.

Mecca
12-19-2007, 06:36 PM
Jack Harry?

Nah man........Don Fortune.

Mecca
12-19-2007, 06:37 PM
I agree; the only person I could tolerate was DA; mostly because i found his sarcasm & humor entertaining.

holy crap.

Like I said......it's a station where every person on air now is either some old boring guy or an ex football player.

doomy3

Except DA. Grunhardt is absolutely painful to listen to. I try, but I can seriously only tolerate him for about a minute and a half until I can't handle him tripping over his own words and repeating himself. And then, Neil and Mary are absolutely the 2 worst radio personalities I have ever heard. IMO, Whitlock is the only person who has been on KC radio that has been interesting to listen to. I really enjoyed his show and would love to have him back on.

Sure-Oz
Well hopefully DA will find another home in KC on the airwaves.

Simplex3
12-19-2007, 06:38 PM

holy crap.

I have no idea how anyone could stand listening to D "I wish I was Jim Rome" A.

doomy3
12-19-2007, 06:39 PM
Like I said......it's a station where every person on air now is either some old boring guy or an ex football player.

There's nothing wrong with ex football players, but Grunny might be the worst possible option of ex football players to hold a radio show. He is just too dumb.

Mecca
12-19-2007, 06:40 PM
I have no idea how anyone could stand listening to D "I wish I was Jim Rome" A.

You should listen to some of the other people that have shows.....he's great compared to most of them...

A problem with both stations is to many of the hosts think that sports is "serious business" and we can have no joking around, it's frankly all boring.

Simplex3
12-19-2007, 06:43 PM
You should listen to some of the other people that have shows.....he's great compared to most of them...

A problem with both stations is to many of the hosts think that sports is "serious business" and we can have no joking around, it's frankly all boring.
See, I find the opposite. I find that I spend half my drive hearing people talk about pregnant nitwit actresses and how they're renigging on a bet if the opposition doesn't ante up extra crap.

*yawn*

I damn near went the entire 30m drive before I heard anything about the KU win and I didn't hear about Mizzou's.

12-19-2007, 06:44 PM
:clap:
100% agree.

Not sure who the guys are who've replaced DA (Chris and Cowboy?)....but uh,......yeah. I'm not sure what to make of them just yet. They strike me as the type of guys who will argue you to the death, when you're simply stating an opinion. (Petro is the King of this...dumping callers who disagree with him).
That is Keitzman to a T. If you don't agree with him, he will run you off. Drives me nuts. Hell, sometimes I think he would run Jack Harry off the way he will go off in him for some of his opinions.

12-19-2007, 06:46 PM
See, I find the opposite. I find that I spend half my drive hearing people talk about pregnant nitwit actresses and how they're renigging on a bet if the opposition doesn't ante up extra crap.

*yawn*

I damn near went the entire 30m drive before I heard anything about the KU win and I didn't hear about Mizzou's.
During football season, I don't want to hear about other sports. But, when they go completely off topic and start carrying on about some party from last year or last nights episode of "whatever crap they watch" I just want to pull my hair out.

Simplex3
12-19-2007, 06:52 PM
During football season, I don't want to hear about other sports. But, when they go completely off topic and start carrying on about some party from last year or last nights episode of "whatever crap they watch" I just want to pull my hair out.
I couldn't care much less about a KU men's bball game, but I certainly care more about that than I do underage sluts getting knocked up.

KcMizzou
12-19-2007, 06:59 PM
Never really cared for DA much. He strikes me as a Jim Rome wanna-be.

Ari ümlaüt
12-19-2007, 07:00 PM
This is why I listen to podcasts and audiobooks on my 25 minute drive. I did like D.A. whenever my battery was not charged.

12-19-2007, 07:07 PM
I couldn't care much less about a KU men's bball game, but I certainly care more about that than I do underage sluts getting knocked up.
Exactly. Join up with Entertainment Tonight if you find that crap even remotely interesting.

dirk digler
12-19-2007, 07:08 PM

LMAO So true.

DA was the only one with personality.

It probably had something to do with getting the Royals and they wanted a more professional image.

Simplex3
12-19-2007, 07:13 PM
LMAO So true.

DA was the only one with personality.

It probably had something to do with getting the Royals and they wanted a more professional image.
DA had a copy of Jim Rome's personality. A copy that was made on using an overhead projector and some dull crayons.

HC_Chief
12-19-2007, 07:15 PM
Never really cared for DA much. He strikes me as a Jim Rome wanna-be.

BINGO!

Plus he welshed on his bet: if KU won 10 games this season (football) he would ride a girls bicycle from Lawrence to KC. Instead he put out a lame excuse, that station management wouldn't allow it - but he would ride a stationary bike in a KC fitness center and KU fans were invited to watch; as long as they brought a gift for a charity.

While the charity bit is honorable, it's utter bullshit to REQUIRE it. It's also BS to welsh on a bet like that. Now his show is mysteriously "cancelled" when he is supposed to fulfill the bet?

GLad he's gone. I can't stand Jim Rome; a JR wannabe welsher is intolerable.

journeyscarab
12-19-2007, 07:20 PM
DA rocked. I looked forward to the alarm going off in the morning and listening to him while I get ready. Hope he lands at 810 or something better.

banyon
12-19-2007, 07:28 PM
I liked the show better than the 810 guys. You could tell as their show progressed, they were consistently doing less sports and more culture takes to compete with DA.

Roger Twibel? The only guy i can think of that would be worse is if they hired Dave "Homer" Armstrong away from 810. That guy is the most boring radio personality I've ever heard. It's a shame they let him do the KU games, when there are so many people who would be better.

It also was kind of neat that DA had this little community going that he hung out with. But I could see management having a problem with all of that.

Phobia
12-19-2007, 08:39 PM
I wasn't a huge fan but DA was the best thing 610 had going. I met him more than once and he stopped by my tailgate once - sat by him for the Carolina loss a couple years back. Really good guy. What was 610 thinking?

Mecca
12-19-2007, 08:41 PM
I wasn't a huge fan but DA was the best thing 610 had going. I met him more than once and he stopped by my tailgate once - sat by him for the Carolina loss a couple years back. Really good guy. What was 610 thinking?

Obviously that they'd much rather have guys who resemble Neal Jones. They want to put people to sleep.

Simplex3
12-19-2007, 08:43 PM
I'm guessing this had less to do with DA and more to do with 610 trying to fill their day with big names. It seems to me that 610 is really dumping some cash into the outfit. Reeks of a desperation "make or break" move to me.

dirk digler
12-19-2007, 08:58 PM
I'm guessing this had less to do with DA and more to do with 610 trying to fill their day with big names. It seems to me that 610 is really dumping some cash into the outfit. Reeks of a desperation "make or break" move to me.

I agree but it stinks. DA was the only decent guy on that station.

IMHO they spent alot on the Royals and I expect that has something to do with it. They need more people with baseball knowledge on that station and they have no one right now who does except probably Twibell.

banyon
12-19-2007, 09:13 PM
I agree but it stinks. DA was the only decent guy on that station.

IMHO they spent alot on the Royals and I expect that has something to do with it. They need more people with baseball knowledge on that station and they have no one right now who does except probably Twibell.

That's certainly true. Trying to listen to Grunnie talk about the Royals is all nails on the chalkboard.

Hammock Parties
12-19-2007, 09:14 PM
Did anyone listen to Grunhard this morning?

RibKing67
12-19-2007, 09:16 PM
If you ask me this whole Royals thing is the cause for DAs demise. He was the one that came up with the "turd birds". The Royals cant have their flagship station making fun of them when they are out of the playoffs before May begins. It is really a sad day when a guy loses his job for political reasons. I have not seen the ratings but I would venture to bet DA had better ratings than 810's Border Patrol. I met DA a few times as I was the one that won the rib eating contest at KC Masterpiece, he was a different kinda guy but that is what makes the world turn if we were all the same it would be pretty boring. I will miss his show.

Spicy McHaggis
12-19-2007, 09:17 PM
don't forget the 15-20 seconds of silence here and there....

He attacks it like I attack 4 syllable words.

Hi-la-ri-ous

Re-mark-a-ble

Count-Choc-u-la

That was a great pause.

banyon
12-19-2007, 09:32 PM
If you ask me this whole Royals thing is the cause for DAs demise. He was the one that came up with the "turd birds". The Royals cant have their flagship station making fun of them when they are out of the playoffs before May begins. It is really a sad day when a guy loses his job for political reasons. I have not seen the ratings but I would venture to bet DA had better ratings than 810's Border Patrol. I met DA a few times as I was the one that won the rib eating contest at KC Masterpiece, he was a different kinda guy but that is what makes the world turn if we were all the same it would be pretty boring. I will miss his show.

I think I remember when the ratings came out and Grunny's show was the only one that beat 810 head to head. Da/Border Patrol was a closer race, but i think 810 won that one. Petro destroyed the Rome show head to head (local v. national, so no surprise). KK beat those two lamewads, big whoop.

Your theory on the Royal PC speak though is an intriguing one. You may be on to something.
*edit* also- Arbitron is crap (http://www.pitch.com/2005-11-10/news/a-different-planet/1) , esp with the 18-34 demo.

Phobia
12-19-2007, 09:33 PM

Hey - congrats. That's cool - explains your moniker for sure.

I've noticed your posts, you seem solid. Welcome aboard. How did you find the joint?

Lzen
12-19-2007, 09:37 PM
I guess I'm in the minority but I didn't really think DA was all that. Maybe it is because I usually only heard him at certain times in the morning (usually 7:45-8:00am). I am just not into all the other BS. I want to hear pure sports talk. I don't give a shit about People magazine stuff. I can't stand the Johnny Dare/Howard Stern shock jock style. Frankly, I like Marty and Neil in the afternoons. At least they talk about sports that I enjoy like football and basketball.

Lzen
12-19-2007, 09:38 PM
I wonder what this does to DA's bike ride from Lawrence to KC. He said if KU football wins 10 games, he would do that.

gblowfish
12-19-2007, 09:39 PM
810 ought to hire DA to do their morning gig. He's much better than St. John. Listening to those guys is like having to sit behind them on a school bus.

RibKing67
12-19-2007, 09:40 PM
Hey - congrats. That's cool - explains your moniker for sure.

I've noticed your posts, you seem solid. Welcome aboard. How did you find the joint?

Thanks for the warm welcome. I have noticed that this is a very friendly site. I am glad to be here and hope I can contribute in a positve way. I found it one night just surfing around and it was like boom on my screen. I have been addicted ever since. Although it is nice to be able to post. Registration was locked out for like a month when I first found the site so all I could do was read.

Phobia
12-19-2007, 09:43 PM
A friendly site? Heh. You obviously haven't been hazed yet. There are a few regulars who fancy themselves the noob hazing welcome wagon. This is usually a pretty cool place. It's a lot better during better years. This one has pretty much destroyed the passion and hence traffic.

Lzen
12-19-2007, 09:47 PM
Where's Skip when you need him? :D

RibKing67
12-19-2007, 09:47 PM
Well I guess I am either flying under the radar or I should be looking over my shoulder?/.??

Mecca
12-19-2007, 09:48 PM
I guess I'm in the minority but I didn't really think DA was all that. Maybe it is because I usually only heard him at certain times in the morning (usually 7:45-8:00am). I am just not into all the other BS. I want to hear pure sports talk. I don't give a shit about People magazine stuff. I can't stand the Johnny Dare/Howard Stern shock jock style. Frankly, I like Marty and Neil in the afternoons. At least they talk about sports that I enjoy like football and basketball.

Just remember, there is a reason Johnny Dare owns the morning radio in this town.

StcChief
12-19-2007, 09:52 PM
Well I guess I am either flying under the radar or I should be looking over my shoulder?/.??
If you have a thick skin you'll be fine. there are some jokers to watch out for, you'll found them (or they'll find you).....

Good place for the most part. Better when Chiefs are winning

Lzen
12-19-2007, 09:54 PM
Just remember, there is a reason Johnny Dare owns the morning radio in this town.

I'll take "a town full of morons" for $1000, Alex.

DBO82
Thanks for the warm welcome. I have noticed that this is a very friendly site. I am glad to be here and hope I can contribute in a positve way. I found it one night just surfing around and it was like boom on my screen. I have been addicted ever since. Although it is nice to be able to post. Registration was locked out for like a month when I first found the site so all I could do was read.

One rule....

Ignore Mecca

Spicy McHaggis
I usually just stick to Mike and Mike in the Morning for my AM drive. Even the significant other who has little to no interest in sports most of the time finds them entertaining.

Mecca
12-19-2007, 09:56 PM
I'll take "a town full of morons" for $1000, Alex.

Well I listen to that station anyway because that's the kind of music I like, but I don't find his show that bad.....but then again I'm not old either.

dirk digler
12-19-2007, 10:36 PM
I wonder what this does to DA's bike ride from Lawrence to KC. He said if KU football wins 10 games, he would do that.

I don't think it is going to happen. When I was listening to him the other day he sounded like he was going to do the 40 miles on a treadmill as long as people donated toys. So for every toy he would do 1 mile up to 40.

Lzen
12-19-2007, 10:40 PM
Well I listen to that station anyway because that's the kind of music I like, but I don't find his show that bad.....but then again I'm not old either.

LOL. How old are you, son?

12-19-2007, 10:43 PM
Not any more. :)

Mecca
12-19-2007, 11:00 PM
LOL. How old are you, son?

I'm 27

Braincase
12-19-2007, 11:03 PM
HIRE CARLOTTA!

stevieray
12-19-2007, 11:10 PM
I'm gonna go down there tomorrow and apply....

Hammock Parties
12-19-2007, 11:27 PM
HIRE CARLOTTA!

I'd rather have Grunhard.

12-19-2007, 11:28 PM
I'd rather have Grunhard.
No surprise there.

Demonpenz
12-20-2007, 12:57 AM
DA grabs what little papers he has left and leaves the station he has called home for all these years
A tear goes down his face as he knows he will never be back on the air at this location again. Friends, hopes and dreams are replaced with sadness, depression, despair. He walks out chest held high and passes the new Radio Personality's "IF I CAN BE LIKE THAT" plays in the background as he gets into his 1998 honda accord

Demonpenz
12-20-2007, 12:57 AM
<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/PzD9oRQAiCQ&rel=1"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/PzD9oRQAiCQ&rel=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>

StillHonest
12-20-2007, 07:13 AM
What KC needs is one great sports radio station not 2 half good ones. DA was weak overall and Twibel will be interesting just to see if he can pull it off.

Silock
12-20-2007, 08:54 AM
It's like an 810 circle jerk in here.

Lzen
12-20-2007, 09:26 AM
I'm 27
I only have 9 years on you.

tyton75
12-20-2007, 09:40 AM
I'm a pretty strict 810 guy, but DA was the only thing 610 had that I would consider listening to.. I liked him and hope 810 grabs him

Messier
12-20-2007, 09:45 AM
I'm sure there are posters on CP that work for 810 or 610.

kc rush
12-20-2007, 10:02 AM
I thought that DA was ok at first, but he seemed to be doing a Jim Rome impersonation the last couple of years. I can only take so much of that.

Eleazar
12-20-2007, 10:11 AM
DA was entertaining sometimes, but other than him I can't think of any time I've tuned in to 610 programming and been entertained.

810 has gone way downhill, 610 never got up the hill in the first place.

dave0320
12-20-2007, 10:15 AM
Petro & D A both went to Syracuse U and are very good friends. I seriously doubt that Petro would move to 610 because 810 allows it's on air employees almost complete freedom with their shows content. Isn't this the second jock to bne canned by 610 in less than a year? Rummor also has it that Grunny's contract will not be renewed at the end of this year too.
Roger T aka Mr. Golf, is in Carl's pocket, so I don't look for any inside information from the Chiefs. He will be a bust too.

gblowfish
12-20-2007, 01:19 PM
I thought DA was funnier than hell, and did a very good job. I think there might be some creedence to canning him over the "Turdbirds" comments, since 610 has the Royals now. Although he did a couple interviews with Trey Hillman that were quite good.

Hope he stays around KC. Lots of times these guys pop in and out, that's the nature of the Radio biz. Not a job to hold if you're a tree hugger.

DA has a My Space page, and it says he's having a party Friday night at Dos Hombres in the River Market if you want to see him and say hey:

http://tinyurl.com/2yrslu

sedated
12-20-2007, 01:28 PM
he was a hell of a lot better than Johnny Renshaw

Dayze
12-20-2007, 05:50 PM
yep.

and everyone is better than Whitlock;
I swear, when he was on the air, it sounded like he was about to fall asleep half the time; like he wasn't even paying attention to what was being talked about.

13and3
12-20-2007, 10:24 PM
I think the best part about the da a show was the one big thing, and the "good, the bad, and the ugly" monday morning after a chiefs win or loss. However the caller hall of fame was a bit cliche, and superficial, except for paul in olathe, and main street mooron no one elese called in with any regularity. I mean who really had the time and money to take off work to see these pissy drunk clowns initiated into some overhyped, candy-ass hall of fame?

I agree with a previous post, those 810 guys remind me of the old farts who gather in the wee morining hours at your local small town deli/gas station, mcdonalds and discuss the new hair that sprouted out the crack of thier ass after using that new hemmroidial creme the doctor suggested.

With all that said grunny and da are and were the best thing the station had going for it, Rome sucks, Neal and marty are Rump Rangers(pole smokers, fudge packers, reach around specialist), well at least neal is, and i dont want to hear another mother F&^&thing about the the sports bar network. next time i hear a 15 minute tanners or pady o quigleys spot. i swear i am going to go completely ape sh$% and rip all the wiring out of my car.

doomy3
12-20-2007, 11:26 PM
yep.

and everyone is better than Whitlock;
I swear, when he was on the air, it sounded like he was about to fall asleep half the time; like he wasn't even paying attention to what was being talked about.

I loved Whitlock's show.

12-20-2007, 11:29 PM
I think the best part about the da a show was the one big thing, and the "good, the bad, and the ugly" monday morning after a chiefs win or loss. However the caller hall of fame was a bit cliche, and superficial, except for paul in olathe, and main street mooron no one elese called in with any regularity. I mean who really had the time and money to take off work to see these pissy drunk clowns initiated into some overhyped, candy-ass hall of fame?

I agree with a previous post, those 810 guys remind me of the old farts who gather in the wee morining hours at your local small town deli/gas station, mcdonalds and discuss the new hair that sprouted out the crack of thier ass after using that new hemmroidial creme the doctor suggested.

With all that said grunny and da are and were the best thing the station had going for it, Rome sucks, Neal and marty are Rump Rangers(pole smokers, fudge packers, reach around specialist), well at least neal is, and i dont want to hear another mother F&^&thing about the the sports bar network. next time i hear a 15 minute tanners or pady o quigleys spot. i swear i am going to go completely ape sh$% and rip all the wiring out of my car.

Don't forget DA's Cover 3

Demonpenz
12-20-2007, 11:29 PM
i don't know who is on during the nighttimes but i was shocked how pro huard they were. LIsten dumb****s were never winning crap this year

wazu
12-21-2007, 01:16 AM
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!! DA was the best! I listened every day. Nothing left to say. This is just depressing. :(