PDA

View Full Version : How do you feel about "physically weak" Police?

chagrin
12-20-2007, 06:51 AM
I 'm not sure how else to put this, so my apology in advance if it's offensive.

We have a girl here at work, she's 5'7" and about 110 lbs 'soaking wet'. She's just been accepted into the Police Academy and will begin training in January. Now I live in Central Florida, an increasingly dangerous and violent area. We have a manpower issue here and the councils are always fighting about needing to put more officers on the street.

When she told me about what she was going to be doing, I cringed, then I sad "Damn Jill, you might want to mix in a steak because those criminals are going to toss you around like a rag doll."

Seriously, I am scared for the safety of our people with a tiny little thing like her sent to "protect and serve". She's not one of these little spitfires that can kick ass, she's a laid back, skinny little tiny girl and I really, truly, honestly do not feel safer with her on the street protecting. So this means, in my opinion, they'll have to send extra units to assist her in her squad car, everytime there's any potential for physical interaction with suspects, etc. - in my opinion that's a waste of taxpayer money and resources. It's not a sexist thing, although I am quite sure some might take what I write that way, but I really don't feel good about this. I applaud her ambition, but it doesn't sit well with me.

Shouldn't Police Officers actually be able to protect us, if they have to get physical?

I hope y'all won't mind discussing this, thanks.

StillHonest
12-20-2007, 07:41 AM
Her partners are Smith, Wesson, and Beretta.

Chief Chief
12-20-2007, 07:43 AM
...and Taser.

Stewie
12-20-2007, 07:43 AM
Hopefully, the academy will weed out the people who can't handle the rigors of being a police officer.

Pennywise
12-20-2007, 07:44 AM
I personally like the cops that are such fat bastards they have to butter themselves to fit into the patrol car.

Who are you gonna run down?

StillHonest
12-20-2007, 07:49 AM
I hear New Orleans is going with small cops now since they cant cart so much plunder out of stores when a good looting breaks out.

a1na2
12-20-2007, 07:49 AM
I 'm not sure how else to put this, so my apology in advance if it's offensive.

We have a girl here at work, she's 5'7" and about 110 lbs 'soaking wet'. She's just been accepted into the Police Academy and will begin training in January. Now I live in Central Florida, an increasingly dangerous and violent area. We have a manpower issue here and the councils are always fighting about needing to put more officers on the street.

When she told me about what she was going to be doing, I cringed, then I sad "Damn Jill, you might want to mix in a steak because those criminals are going to toss you around like a rag doll."

Seriously, I am scared for the safety of our people with a tiny little thing like her sent to "protect and serve". She's not one of these little spitfires that can kick ass, she's a laid back, skinny little tiny girl and I really, truly, honestly do not feel safer with her on the street protecting. So this means, in my opinion, they'll have to send extra units to assist her in her squad car, everytime there's any potential for physical interaction with suspects, etc. - in my opinion that's a waste of taxpayer money and resources. It's not a sexist thing, although I am quite sure some might take what I write that way, but I really don't feel good about this. I applaud her ambition, but it doesn't sit well with me.

Shouldn't Police Officers actually be able to protect us, if they have to get physical?

I hope y'all won't mind discussing this, thanks.

While I was in Orlando I worked closely with the OCSD and other law enforcement entities. One of my personnel was recalled from a police department in Miami. She was 5'2" at best and I'd have to guess her weight around 110. In essence she was a little thicker than your friend. Hernandez could handle herself when dealing with larger people. She was quite adept at using her ASP, OC, and her .40 Cal. In defensive tactics she was able to use the way she was trained with the police, and the Marines that trained us, more effectively than half of the men I had assigned to me.

I have no doubt that you have concerns for Jill but I'd wait until she finished the training with the police academy to judge whether she can do the job. If she doesn't get through the training the question will be answered.

If she does make it and if she has a nice rack, they will disappear when she puts on the kevlar vest.

suds79
12-20-2007, 07:54 AM
...and Taser.

ding, ding, ding, ding. We have a winners with post 1 & 2.

case closed.

bkkcoh
12-20-2007, 08:03 AM
Hopefully, the academy will weed out the people who can't handle the rigors of being a police officer.

But why would they? If they are in desperate need of officers, I would think you would have to be a pretty bad f'up in order to be kicked out.

I don't think women should be in law enforcement or fire protection because the average woman can't do the work of the average man and in that case, the difference can endanger everyone involved.

Skip Towne
12-20-2007, 08:08 AM
Keep us posted on what happens to Dickless Tracy.

seclark
12-20-2007, 08:16 AM
I personally like the cops that are such fat bastards they have to butter themselves to fit into the patrol car.

Who are you gonna run down?
if it wasn't for fat cops, i wouldn't be where i am today.
sec

NewChief
12-20-2007, 08:23 AM
I don't think women should be in law enforcement or fire protection because the average woman can't do the work of the average man and in that case, the difference can endanger everyone involved.

My firefighter sister-in-law would kick your ass for saying that. I'd also disagree. Half the male cops and firefighters out there are fat, out of shape, chain smoking, slobs. An in shape female can handle the physical demands of the job just as well as them.

stevieray
12-20-2007, 08:29 AM
[QUOTE=NewPhin]My firefighter sister-in-law would kick your ass for saying that. QUOTE]

and of course, she would be justified... :rolleyes:

StillHonest
12-20-2007, 08:31 AM
But why would they? If they are in desperate need of officers, I would think you would have to be a pretty bad f'up in order to be kicked out.

Enjoying life in the 50's? Fred Phelps and you would likely see eye to eye on many issues.

Pennywise
12-20-2007, 08:32 AM
sec

Did a young sec have a run in with the law once upon a time?

I'm aghast.

bkkcoh
12-20-2007, 08:37 AM
Enjoying life in the 50's? Fred Phelps and you would likely see eye to eye on many issues.

No, not at all. I am for public safety. Would you like your chances of being saved from a emergency by 120 lb woman or a 200 pound man?

It isn't a question of being sexist at all. It is a question of safety.

My firefighter sister-in-law would kick your ass for saying that. I'd also disagree. Half the male cops and firefighters out there are fat, out of shape, chain smoking, slobs. An in shape female can handle the physical demands of the job just as well as them.

Should there be minimum standards to be able to be on the police or fire departments? Should there be different standards for male and female? I don't think so. Should the women on the force be pigeon holed into saving just women or dealing with woman only,

I think it is a matter of strength and therefore ends up being a matter of safety. There are exceptions on both sides, but as a rule the average male is stronger then the average female.

I agree with you that there are a lot of male cops that shouldn't be on the patrol. If there is women out that are as strong as men, maybe they should be, but that isn't usually the case. Is it?

NewChief
12-20-2007, 08:39 AM
[QUOTE=NewPhin]My firefighter sister-in-law would kick your ass for saying that. QUOTE]

and of course, she would be justified... :rolleyes:

Introducing the king of the non sequitur!

NewChief
12-20-2007, 08:40 AM
No, not at all. I am for public safety. Would you like your chances of being saved from a emergency by 120 lb woman or a 200 pound man?

It isn't a question of being sexist at all. It is a question of safety.

I'd say the same thing about my chances of being saved by a fit, in-shape person vs. a fat, smoking person. I'm not advocating that the forces start screening out fat people who smoke, though.

If they can do the work, they can do the work, regardless of gender.

Iowanian
12-20-2007, 08:41 AM
I have a couple of firemen in the family. The question they ask when this issue has come up (Women firefighters, mandated by AfA.)....

"if I get hurt in a fire, can she carry me out?" "Was a man who COULD have carried me out denied so a 110lb woman could meet that quota?"

bkkcoh
12-20-2007, 08:44 AM
I'd say the same thing about my chances of being saved by a fit, in-shape person vs. a fat, smoking person. I'm not advocating that the forces start screening out fat people who smoke, though.

If they can do the work, they can do the work, regardless of gender.

But that is the point that I am trying to make. I don't think the average woman can perform at the minimum standards set forth without being compared to a different set of standards.

do you honestly think that is the case? I don't.

Could I meet the minimum standards set forth by the police and fire departments, no. But I am not trying to get into the field either.

seclark
12-20-2007, 08:45 AM
Did a young sec have a run in with the law once upon a time?

I'm aghast.
it..err...they were more like run aways from the law.

you get 5 bonus points for "aghast". i'm going to use it all day.
sec

stevieray
12-20-2007, 08:45 AM
Introducing the king of the non sequitur!

great comeback, considering you're the one brought up asskicking, resorting to a double standard.. ..finished off with lowering the bar to make it "even".

STFU

NewChief
12-20-2007, 08:47 AM
But that is the point that I am trying to make. I don't think the average woman can perform at the minimum standards set forth without being compared to a different set of standards.

do you honestly think that is the case? I don't.

Could I meet the minimum standards set forth by the police and fire departments, no. But I am not trying to get into the field either.

You have to pass a physical skills test to become a firefighter, which includes dragging a weighted dummy through a simulated building. There isn't a different test for the men and women, AFAIK, at least not in Arkansas. My SIL's sister, btw, tried to become a firefighter and couldn't pass the physical skills test (which is a good thing, imo, because she's a completely loser).

I just know that going to her station, I'd put my SIL, physically, up against half the guys there.

Iowanian
12-20-2007, 08:48 AM
Can she give you a piggy back ride up a flight of stairs newph....?

Skinny broads can write parking tickets as well as dounut-eater-Americans.

NewChief
12-20-2007, 08:48 AM
great comeback, considering you're the one brought up asskicking, resorting to a double standard.. ..finished off with lowering the bar to make it "even".

STFU

Dude. My "ass kicking" was a play on his statement of women being physically inferior. I was saying that I know a woman that could kick his ass. It was a joke, and I never said it was justified or warranted or necessary. Sometimes you come out of left field with your shit.

Iowanian
12-20-2007, 08:50 AM
There ARE different requirements.

Women just do not have the physical strength of men. Women very rarely have to carry the same weight, do the same pushups, run the 2 mile in the same time....

You have to pass a physical skills test to become a firefighter, which includes dragging a weighted dummy through a simulated building. There isn't a different test for the men and women, AFAIK, at least not in Arkansas. My SIL's sister, btw, tried to become a firefighter and couldn't pass the physical skills test (which is a good thing, imo, because she's a completely loser).

I just know that going to her station, I'd put my SIL, physically, up against half the guys there.

stevieray
12-20-2007, 08:54 AM
It was a joke

don't quit your day job.

NewChief
12-20-2007, 08:55 AM
There ARE different requirements.

Not true in New York, at least:
http://query.nytimes.com/gst/fullpage.html?res=9C04E5DD133FF930A35751C0A9669C8B63&sec=&spon=&pagewanted=2

The physical test, which carries equal weight with the written exam, consists of eight events intended to simulate the sort of activities firefighters perform in the field, like raising a 20-foot ladder. Candidates have to complete an event in the allotted time and are scored by a pass-fail method. Since thousands of men usually pass all eight events, only those women who do just as well have any chance of being hired. Several women who postponed their tests from December still have to be tested.

Mr. McNickle said that certain parts of the test, like the hose feed, were particularly hard for women. The hose feed is designed to simulate feeding 50 feet of one-and-three-quarter-inch water-filled hose to firefighters in less than 19 seconds as they advance toward a fire. Men often have enough forearm and grip strength to use a hand-over-hand method, feeding one section of hose with one hand while grabbing for the next section with the other. But many women with smaller hands and forearms have to use two hands to pull on the hose, costing them valuable time, Mr. McNickle said.

''Without extensive training,'' he said, ''the average woman's forearm strength is below what is required on this test.''

bkkcoh
12-20-2007, 08:59 AM
Not true in New York, at least:
http://query.nytimes.com/gst/fullpage.html?res=9C04E5DD133FF930A35751C0A9669C8B63&sec=&spon=&pagewanted=2

A question that would have to be asked, if there aren't different standards, were the standards lowered to make sure they were able to get the numbers they were looking to get?

Isn't like a college lowering the overall standards in order to get a better diversity.

To me that is totally wrong.

NewChief
12-20-2007, 09:01 AM
A question that would have to be asked, if there aren't different standards, were the standards lowered to make sure they were able to get the numbers they were looking to get?

Isn't like a college lowering the overall standards in order to get a better diversity.

To me that is totally wrong.

Earlier in the article, it said that the test had been changed. They implied it wasn't a lowering of the standards, but that the test had been changed to be a more accurate reflection of what the job actually entails.

I'm just somewhat sensitive about this issue because of a relative who it affects, and she says the exact same thing you all are saying: she better be able to drag one of her "brothers" out of a building if and when the time comes.

If there are two sets of tests, one for men and one for women, I agree that's wrong. But I also know that my SIL has dealt with a ton of shit to get where she is, and she worked her ass off to get there. I also know that she takes a lot of pride in what she does, so to hear other people say she shouldn't be allowed to do it, especially when I know that she's as or more capable than other people at her station, rubs me the wrong way.

bkkcoh
12-20-2007, 09:07 AM

If there are two sets of tests, one for men and one for women, I agree that's wrong. But I also know that my SIL has dealt with a ton of shit to get where she is, and she worked her ass off to get there. I also know that she takes a lot of pride in what she does, so to hear other people say she shouldn't be allowed to do it, especially when I know that she's as or more capable than other people at her station, rubs me the wrong way.

And if your SIL is fully capable of doing the job without putting her co-workers in danger on the job, then that is ok. I find that to be the exception rather then the rule.

I don't think I ever said those who are capable shouldn't be doing the job. Those who aren't capable shouldn't be doing the job and if they got the position because of quotas, that is doubly wrong because a capable person was not allowed to make room for the one who wasn't capable.

chagrin
12-20-2007, 09:18 AM
I wasn't really advocating an "all women must go" policy; just physically weak Prospects. I also have a problem with overly fat Police officers also because of the physical thing, chasing people; however I have not yet seen a 'hugely fat cop', but I've seen many overweight cops and they can't run either although they can handle themselves in a fight with a suspect.
I don't know, I guess I just feel that Physical standards must be in place for a person to qualify for that job. Maybe she will do great but dude, if you knew her I think you'd see my point - seriously, she's a waif.

stevieray
12-20-2007, 09:24 AM
Every time this comes up, I can't help but think of that video where that guy beats the crap out of that female officer until his daughter begs him to stop...

Rain Man
12-20-2007, 09:44 AM
I agree that the ideal candidate would be physically imposing, but in real life I bet that 99 percent of their work is being a good set of eyes and ears and being good at diplomacy and negotiating.

And besides, how much strength does it take to fire a taser anyway?

seclark
12-20-2007, 09:46 AM
And besides, how much strength does it take to fire a taser anyway?
not much strength or brains.
sec

Skip Towne
12-20-2007, 09:50 AM
When the KC police arrested Evel Knievel for soliciting prostitutes he told them that those policewomen couldn't be prostitutes because they were too ugly.

Simplex3
12-20-2007, 10:00 AM
If the woman can meet the requirements for the job, and by that I don't mean some watered-down women's only requirements, but THE requirements, then size be damned.

That said, aren't there studies showing that you're more likely to be shot by a woman cop because they are typically smaller and weaker and therefore don't have differing levels of being able to handle a threat to themselves?

Skip Towne
12-20-2007, 10:39 AM
If the woman can meet the requirements for the job, and by that I don't mean some watered-down women's only requirements, but THE requirements, then size be damned.

That said, aren't there studies showing that you're more likely to be shot by a woman cop because they are typically smaller and weaker and therefore don't have differing levels of being able to handle a threat to themselves?
I had a customer one time whose wife was on the Tulsa PD. She shot and killed two men on separate occaisions.

Iowanian
12-20-2007, 10:44 AM
"Don't Taze Me, HOooooooooo!"

NewChief
12-20-2007, 10:45 AM

If so, I'm surprised the Planet isn't pushing for an all-female police force. Get their cycles in synch and send them out one week a month to serve warrants on child molesters.

crazycoffey
12-20-2007, 10:45 AM

well, it would seem a natural conclusion, the definition of threat for EVERYONE when it comes down to the legal jargin states "percieved threat of bodily injury or death", that puts a big gray area over the situation.

We all should be more worried about the mentally weak cops, IMO.

bkkcoh
12-20-2007, 10:47 AM

That leads to an interesting question. When being investigated for a police shooting, which happens everytime a cop has to use his weapon. Are male cops held to a different level then a female cop is held to? Meaning, is it acceptible for a woman cop to shoot to kill before a male cop would have? Would they face diciplinary actions if they aren't held to the same standard? Is it an unwritten rule of thumb?

well, it would seem a natural conclusion, the definition of threat for EVERYONE when it comes down to the legal jargin states "percieved threat of bodily injury or death", that puts a big gray area over the situation.

We all should be more worried about the mentally weak cops, IMO.
I would agree that one should me mentally strong, but in the same situation, would a woman percieve the danger quicker then a male cop would?

Radar Chief
12-20-2007, 10:47 AM
"Don't Taze Me, HOooooooooo!"

And this smiley has legs again.

Radar Chief
12-20-2007, 10:49 AM
Every time this comes up, I can't help but think of that video where that guy beats the crap out of that female officer until his daughter begs him to stop...

I know exactly the video you’re talking about.
Just out of the blue, dude clocks her straight in the face then jumps on her chest and beats the piss out of her. Could very well have killed her had he continued.
That’s the first thing I thought of when reading this topic also.

Iowanian
12-20-2007, 10:49 AM
I guess it differs on which discussion is happening......Here is a post from today, in the open ghey in the military thread.

If I have the choice between serving with gays or with women, I will chose gays for many reasons. What ever force you are serving with your number one priority is not sex. In my 7 years in the Navy I can't count the number of working parties, line-handling, and other tasks where the females assigned to our detail were unable to perform the task at hand, yet get paid the same as their male counter parts. When you are manually moving 70lb boxes of frozen meat down 7 decks to freezer storage, would you rather be working with good looking females who can't lift the box, or a gay guy that can pull his own weight?

Radar Chief
12-20-2007, 10:53 AM
If so, I'm surprised the Planet isn't pushing for an all-female police force. Get their cycles in synch and send them out one week a month to serve warrants on child molesters.

:hmmm:

crazycoffey
12-20-2007, 10:54 AM
I would agree that one should me mentally strong, but in the same situation, would a woman percieve the danger quicker then a male cop would?

That's the mental process (the perception of danger), the physical aspects lead to process the course of action that person will take, see below.

That leads to an interesting question. When being investigated for a police shooting, which happens everytime a cop has to use his weapon. Are male cops held to a different level then a female cop is held to? Meaning, is it acceptible for a woman cop to shoot to kill before a male cop would have? Would they face diciplinary actions if they aren't held to the same standard? Is it an unwritten rule of thumb?

Hell it's not really an unwritten rule,

Male version;
Q)why did you shoot him?
A)we were wrestling around and he started to grab my gun
Q)why didn't you shoot him earlier
A)I thought I could control the situation with hands on applications

Small female version;
Q)why did you shoot him?
A)He said he would kill me and started to lunge at me.
Q)why didn't you try to control the situation with hand to hand tactics?
A)Because I believed he could really kill me, and he's twice my size, I wouldn't stand a chance.

Two morals,
1) better to be tried by 12 than carried by 6
2) if you break the law and get caught by the cops, be a big boy, go quitely and pay your debt to society and neither the male cop nor the female cop will come even close to shooting your stupid ass.

crazycoffey
12-20-2007, 10:55 AM
I guess it differs on which discussion is happening......Here is a post from today, in the open ghey in the military thread.

but he's in the navy, that's not really the military....

:p

Radar Chief
12-20-2007, 10:56 AM

:LOL: That’ll get it started.

El Jefe
12-20-2007, 10:58 AM
I don't like the thoughts of a small women trying to lift me out of a burning building, too be honest, I am a bit bigger than the average male though so that may also inhibit my thoughts on the subject at hand.

Skip Towne
12-20-2007, 11:03 AM

Yes they are. They are a branch of the Marines.

crazycoffey
12-20-2007, 11:05 AM
Yes they are. They are a branch of the Marines.

No, the Marines are a department of the Navy, the men's department....

Amnorix
12-20-2007, 11:19 AM
I know exactly the video you’re talking about.
Just out of the blue, dude clocks her straight in the face then jumps on her chest and beats the piss out of her. Could very well have killed her had he continued.
That’s the first thing I thought of when reading this topic also.

Depending on the size of the dude, how many men would have been able to do much better if they got coldcocked?

I'm 6 foot and 170 if I've eaten a few too many brownies. Should I also be disqualifed, because if some dude 6'2" and 220 coldcocks me, I can tell you now that I'm going down...?

Demonpenz
12-20-2007, 11:48 AM

or this?

<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/XnCnqOQSQ8E&rel=1"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/XnCnqOQSQ8E&rel=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>

NewChief
12-20-2007, 11:51 AM
Depending on the size of the dude, how many men would have been able to do much better if they got coldcocked?

I'm 6 foot and 170 if I've eaten a few too many brownies. Should I also be disqualifed, because if some dude 6'2" and 220 coldcocks me, I can tell you now that I'm going down...?

That was what I was thinking as well. Lord knows, a male cop has never been coldcocked and beaten half to death by criminals.

crazycoffey
12-20-2007, 11:57 AM
That was what I was thinking as well. Lord knows, a male cop has never been coldcocked and beaten half to death by criminals.

The real key for both male and female is to not let their guard down so they can be cold cocked. Unfortunetly in some cases this attitude can also lead to many of the bad decisions by cops.

but in the case of the female video, (I didn't watch the one that was linked) if I remember correctly he was giving some physical signs of preparing for a fight (tensing up, shoulders squaring and raising, flexing his hands a little) and she had her head down most of the time acting like her shit don't stink.

If you think there's no way someone will hit you, then you are giving them a great advantage to be able to hit you.

Demonpenz
12-20-2007, 11:58 AM
That would be nice if they put some more people in basic traffic accidents alone. Anymore they don't come out for an accident report unless someone is taken to the hospital. Theft at the house? Phone in the report, stolen vehicle? Call in the report with a polite "That car is in mexico we aren't going to do shit"

Bump
12-20-2007, 12:32 PM
you don't have to be that strong to pull the trigger of a 9 mil (if that's what they use).

stevieray
12-20-2007, 12:35 PM

using a negative to validate a negative.

this logic is so stale.

MahiMike
12-20-2007, 12:41 PM
...and Taser.

yup, a really big one like Garth used in Wayne's World. Rock on!

Radar Chief
12-20-2007, 01:15 PM

Well, if anyone is “cold cocked” they’re pretty screwed. Of course, there’s a reason for weight classes in boxing. If you’re closer the size of your assailant, you’re more likely to be able to handle one of their best punches.
What is the average size of a woman? Man?

6’ 170? Dude, you’re a bean pole. How many brownies are you actually munching? ;)

Though, I’ve never implied that Mr. chagrin’s friend shouldn’t try. Only she knows if she has the fortitude to handle herself in such a situation.

HemiEd
12-20-2007, 01:36 PM
or this?

Damn that pisses me off, it is so wrong.

eazyb81
12-20-2007, 01:42 PM

Eh, I think you've seen too many cop movies from the 80's. Legit street cops have physical requirements they have to meet to be out there.

If you're seeing any fat chain-smoking cops, it means they have a cushy desk job.

Amnorix
12-20-2007, 01:46 PM
6’ 170? Dude, you’re a bean pole. How many brownies are you actually munching? ;)

Many as I want, really. And yes, my bean poleness is well documented. And thanks for being kind. The "pencil-necked geek" jokes make me cry...

:)

siberian khatru
12-20-2007, 01:48 PM
Many as I want, really. And yes, my bean poleness is well documented. And thanks for being kind. The "pencil-necked geek" jokes make me cry...

You don't strike me as a scrawny nerd so much as an effete Northeastern liberal.

FAX
12-20-2007, 01:55 PM
sec

ROFL

FAX

Radar Chief
12-20-2007, 02:05 PM

:LOL: You probably have the heart rate of a humming bird too. ;)

Amnorix
12-20-2007, 02:19 PM
You don't strike me as a scrawny nerd so much as an effete Northeastern liberal.

And why, exactly, would the two be mutually exclusive?

a1na2
12-20-2007, 05:43 PM
you don't have to be that strong to pull the trigger of a 9 mil (if that's what they use).

I think most have changed to .40 caliber. More stopping power.

a1na2
12-20-2007, 05:44 PM
:LOL: You probably have the heart rate of a humming bird too. ;)

He probably has a heart the size of a humming birds heart.

MOhillbilly
12-20-2007, 05:48 PM
i know acouple guys i used to run around with that are now in law enforcement. biggest pussies ever. one ran from a fight then told me he was beaten with a ax handle he had brought.
turns out that another buddy of mine saw the whole thing said some guy took the bat from him, punched him and that he hurdled the neighbors fence at a full sprint to get home. this guy talked like a real badass. we unloaded alot of shit together and did alot of dirt now hes a ****in cop. a strung out one at that.
unforgiveable.

Demonpenz
12-20-2007, 06:07 PM
look how worthless cops can be here is a motorcycle rider putting people's lives in danger and he doesn't even put down the donut long enough to give chase

<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/QKGDr7LxUhU&rel=1"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/QKGDr7LxUhU&rel=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>

MichaelH
12-20-2007, 06:19 PM
What's worse, a 100lb soaking wet officer or a 300lb donut eating machine? During the Virginia Tech shootings last spring, they kept showing a rather plump officer running to someone's aid or to battle. I think he had a heart attack off camera.

macdawg
12-20-2007, 06:28 PM
no you don't have to be strong to pull a trigger but a lot of cops retire without ever pulling there gun on someone. On the other hand every cop will have to control someone or get in a wrestling match. So the fact they are strong enough to pull a trigger means shit. And people are going to be more likely to start shit with a 110lb female than a 230lb guy. Regardless of the handicap they cause, they just get hired because they have to hire x amount of women/minorities. However, I'm sure some ladies serving the police dept are fit for the job, but not all.

Simplex3
12-20-2007, 06:49 PM
If you're better trained and big enough to use it then you don't HAVE to pull the trigger.

Being trained to handle yourself will buy you a lot of weight difference in a fight. The bigger the difference in training, the bigger the weight difference can be before the smaller and better trained fighter is overwhelmed.

However, if you're drunk as a skunk and feeling rowdy, how likely are you to pull some s**t on a 6 foot 3 guy who weight 235lbs and looks like a linebacker? Not very. Make that cop a 130lb woman and you just might think you can pull it off.

Simplex3
12-20-2007, 06:51 PM
...On the other hand every cop will have to control someone or get in a wrestling match. So the fact they are strong enough to pull a trigger means shit.
No, that means that the woman cop is more likely to shoot you because she can't deal effectively with the escalated threat level. Now, if you're a dips**t who's threatening a cop then maybe you need your ass shot...

BigMeatballDave
12-20-2007, 06:53 PM
If she's carrying a firearm, and a baton, I am scared.

BigMeatballDave
12-20-2007, 06:54 PM
Oh, and a Taser...