PDA

View Full Version : FFJungle.com Mock Draft 12/20/07

Tribal Warfare
12-20-2007, 06:05 PM
http://www.fantasyfootballjungle.com/y/nfl-draft/mock-draft.php

8. Kansas City Chiefs - Oher, Michael, OG Ole Miss
Michael Oher is no OG. He plays LT at Ole Miss and has all the tools a great LT needs. There are almost no flaws in his game, and once he puts up stellar numbers in the combine his stock will skyrocket like Levi Brown's did. Oher's story is incredible (read Michael Lewis' book 'The Blind Side'). Because of the hard life he lived, he never played football until his Junior year of High School. However, his size, athleticism, excellent technique, strength, and good leverage makes him a better overall LT prospect then Jake Long. If Oher waits another year, he'll be the consensus #1 LT in the nation. However, with the coaching change, his future is uncertain. Kansas City is rebuilding, and the best way to start the rebuilding process is getting a blind-side protector.

I'd do the happy dance if Oher declared, and he fell here

Micjones
12-20-2007, 06:18 PM
Yes, yes, yes!!!

Love that pick.

HolmeZz
12-20-2007, 06:34 PM
Oher overrated? From someone who's really high on Jake Long?

You'd sound smarter if you could base your opinion off game footage and not just reports you've read.

beach tribe
12-20-2007, 06:58 PM
right now Oher is overated and not worth a top 10 pick. once again, TRADE BACK!!

I have been reading lately that he has trouble working in space. He is also VERY raw....and that is not a good trait for a top 10 pick.
Who cares if he is raw? We won't be any good for a few years anyway.

I like the pick.

beach tribe
12-20-2007, 07:07 PM
raw=project.
a top 10 pick should be able to start from day 1.
Raw=inexperienced.
He would start day 1. That's how you get experience, and no longer be "raw'".

Tribal Warfare
12-20-2007, 07:09 PM
raw=project.
a top 10 pick should be able to start from day 1.

He'll be able to start day one, we aren't talking about Trenzelle Jenkins here. This kid has Pace/Walter Jones talent.

Delano
12-20-2007, 07:11 PM
I can't wait for draft planet to open up.

OMG - Oher has two years less useless high school football experience!

HolmeZz
12-20-2007, 07:13 PM
Oher being raw is a complete misconception based on his background. He's 10x better with his technique, particularly in pass protection, than Jake Long is right now.

beach tribe
12-20-2007, 07:15 PM
I hope we get this guy.

BigMeatballDave
12-20-2007, 07:17 PM
I heard he wasn't coming out.

BigMeatballDave
12-20-2007, 07:19 PM
Shouldn't we wait for Mecca's approval on this?

CupidStunt
12-20-2007, 07:26 PM
:LOL:

This toolbox is hilarious.

Tribal Warfare
12-20-2007, 07:27 PM
I heard he wasn't coming out.

http://www.footballsfuture.com/2008/underclassmen.html

It's still in question, kind of like Vince Young's decision.

HolmeZz
12-20-2007, 07:32 PM
he's 10x worse in run blocking, and the chiefs are a run first team.

You wouldn't know what Oher looked like if he came up to you and introduced himself.

Jake gave up 1 sack for the season. How many has Oher?

I have no clue because I don't look at arbitrary statistics, I watch them play. Oher plays better and routinely goes up against better competition. Long nary has to face a big time player and gets beat like a drum when he does. He's gotten absolutely embarrassed the last two years against Ohio State. Long's a pretty good run blocker and brutal when he's got to back pedal. He's got a similar skillset to Gallery coming out, only he wasn't nearly as dominant in college. He's likely going to translate the same way and that's why you hear talk about him needing to be moved to right tackle at the next level.

HolmeZz
12-20-2007, 07:47 PM
Finally, Oher (this yr) at #8 is overated because he is not good value.

He's great value. He'll go in the top 5 next year.

Is he really better than, and have more upside than??:
1. jeff otah
2. chris williams
3. alex boone
4. Unger (out of oregon)
5. gosder cherilus (RT maybe LT)
6. Barry Richardson (RT)

You're plain stupid. He's considerably better than all 6 of those guys and he's got leaps and bounds more upside than Jake Long.

HolmeZz
12-20-2007, 07:48 PM
your completely wrong. When Long gets his hands on defenders, he dominates them, Gallery does not.

Did you f*cking watch Gallery in college? Don't be stupid.

CupidStunt
12-20-2007, 07:49 PM
You're plain stupid.

Use the force of the pig.

This guy is beyond stupid.

HolmeZz
12-20-2007, 07:50 PM
I would have trouble picking him up out of a lineup of other 6'6'' 300+lb black men.

Because you've never even seen the guy play, yet you have this strong unfounded opinion of him.

HolmeZz
12-20-2007, 08:05 PM
Use the force of the pig.

This guy is beyond stupid.

I still don't think he understands how stupid it is to call someone overrated who you've never seen play.

Delano
12-20-2007, 08:09 PM
Finally, Oher (this yr) at #8 is overated because he is not good value. Is he really better than, and have more upside than??:
1. jeff otah
2. chris williams
3. alex boone
4. Unger (out of oregon)
5. gosder cherilus (RT maybe LT)
6. Barry Richardson (RT)

Is he 2x as good as them? Hope so, because if we traded back we could probably pick 2 out of that group.

If Oher declares and doesn't cement himself as the consensus #1 LT (making him a top five pick), the Chiefs could draft both Oher and another of those OTs in the 2nd if they want to.

So, Oher can be 2x as good and the Chiefs could draft two of that group.
Next year when he has some NFL experience and Jake Long is mired in mediocrity, the pick will look like a work of geniousity.

beach tribe
12-20-2007, 08:11 PM
If Oher declares and doesn't cement himself as the consensus #1 LT (making him a top five pick), the Chiefs could draft both Oher and another of those OTs in the 2nd if they want to.

So, Oher can be 2x as good and the Chiefs could draft two of that group.
Next year when he has some NFL experience and Jake Long is mired in mediocrity, the pick will look like a work of geniousity.
sweet.

ChiefsCountry
12-20-2007, 08:13 PM
Shouldn't we wait for Mecca's approval on this?

Oher is the one lineman Mecca thinks we should take.

Tribal Warfare
12-20-2007, 08:26 PM
If Oher declares and doesn't cement himself as the consensus #1 LT (making him a top five pick).

He's one of those guys I'd trade up for if I felt like if we are in range,and if one team could F*CK us with the selection

beach tribe
12-20-2007, 09:15 PM
giving up a 8th in 2008 for a guy who will be 5 in 2009 isnt great value.
Your and idiot.

beach tribe
12-20-2007, 09:41 PM
why are you even pretending to discuss football dude??

here are her posts, see for yourself:
http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/search.php?searchid=188052

we'll still be here when your ready for an adult conversation.
:rolleyes:

SBK
12-20-2007, 10:16 PM
I can't wait to see Dr. Douche's reaction when this team doesn't draft Jake Long. It will be freaking classic, hall of fame material I think.

Coogs
12-20-2007, 10:42 PM
right now Oher is overated and not worth a top 10 pick. once again, TRADE BACK!!

Everything I have seen has us picking 7th. So we must have traded back with somebody to get the 8th pick. :p

OnTheWarpath15
12-20-2007, 10:43 PM
Looks like we've found the only person alive who thinks Jake Long could even carry Michael Oher's jock.

Jake Long will be a good right tackle in the NFL.

Michael Oher will be the next Jonathan Ogden, Walter Jones or Orlando Pace.

I've yet to read a single word from a reputable scout that says he's a project.

Christ, Tom Lemming said he'd be an elite LT in the pros during his junior year of high school.

Before he'd ever played a DOWN at left tackle.

But hey, Tom Lemming's a moron, and this guy is a genius......

beach tribe
12-20-2007, 10:46 PM
Looks like we've found the only person alive who thinks Jake Long could even carry Michael Oher's jock.

Jake Long will be a good right tackle in the NFL.

Michael Oher will be the next Jonathan Ogden, Walter Jones or Orlando Pace.

I've yet to read a single word from a reputable scout that says he's a project.

Christ, Tom Lemming said he'd be an elite LT in the pros during his junior year of high school.

Before he'd ever played a DOWN at left tackle.

But hey, Tom Lemming's a moron, and this guy is a genius......
Don't sweat it dude. This guy is the new Hootie. 0 credibility.

beach tribe
12-20-2007, 10:48 PM
He just said the coaching staff was holding Huard back in another thread.

SBK
12-20-2007, 10:50 PM
He just said the coaching staff was holding Huard back in another thread.

ROFL

I need to find that and rep him for it.

beach tribe
12-20-2007, 10:52 PM
ROFL

I need to find that and rep him for it.
It's in the good thing we drafted Bowe thread.

Direckshun
12-20-2007, 10:57 PM
I like findthedr's enthusiasm for the Draft, but my oh my...

Mecca
12-20-2007, 11:04 PM
I think this guy is related to Jake Long, that's the only explanation.

beach tribe
12-20-2007, 11:23 PM
I think this guy is related to Jake Long, that's the only explanation.
Or related to hootie

SBK
12-20-2007, 11:45 PM
Or related to hootie

Maybe he's related to Long but sleeping with Hootie?

OnTheWarpath15
12-21-2007, 10:17 AM
that is a stupid statement by Lemming. He probably will get lucky. I wonder how many other predictions he makes that fail.

You can't be Hootie. Even he's incapable of being this retarded.

Tom Lemming is THE prep football scout in this country.

But hey, how would you know that? Doubtful you follow his work. Especially considering you're spouting off about Oher being a "project" when you've never seen him play.

And I'd love to see a link of that "write-up" on Oher in post #3.

Sounds like someone with little/no knowledge of Oher wrote it.

Could it be you?

BigRedChief
12-21-2007, 10:29 AM
You can't be Hootie. Even he's incapable of being this retarded.

Tom Lemming is THE prep football scout in this country.

But hey, how would you know that? Doubtful you follow his work. Especially considering you're spouting off about Oher being a "project" when you've never seen him play.

And I'd love to see a link of that "write-up" on Oher in post #3.

Sounds like someone with little/no knowledge of Oher wrote it.

Could it be you?
I'll vouch for findthedr's draft knowledge. I have saw his posts on the draft for a couple of years.

He might have a wrong opinion on a guy or over value a guy but he knows his stuff.

El Jefe
12-21-2007, 10:42 AM
Just because findthedr, isnt all over Oher doesn't mean he doesn't know anything about football. He doesn't really like the pick that high, he is pretty knowledgeable about the draft. Me personally would be happy with Oher or Long.

OnTheWarpath15
12-21-2007, 10:44 AM
calling someone an elite NFL LT when they havent even played the position is retarded.
http://www.chiefscoalition.com/Forums/index.php?showtopic=74263

Then Tom Lemming is the most respected, retarded prep football scout in the United States.

Pushead2
12-21-2007, 10:49 AM
Me personally would be happy with Oher or Long.

Hey , they have to be better then the "Pencil"

OnTheWarpath15
12-21-2007, 10:51 AM
Just because findthedr, isnt all over Oher doesn't mean he doesn't know anything about football. He doesn't really like the pick that high, he is pretty knowledgeable about the draft. Me personally would be happy with Oher or Long.

It's not a matter of not "being all over Oher."

It's a matter of talking out of his ass. He's never seen the kid play. If he had, he wouldn't be making such ridiculous statements about him not being a Day 1 starter, and being a project. The kid DOMINATED his competition in the toughest conference in CFB. I would know, I've actually SEEN HIM PLAY.

And if he were THAT knowledgeable about the draft, he'd know that there are many questions surrounding Long's ability to play LT in the NFL, and that most reputable scouts think he'll be nothing more than a solid RT.

And to take a RT with a Top 10 pick is, in his words, retarded.

Coogs
12-21-2007, 11:07 AM
he is pretty knowledgeable about the draft.

Except for this part...

December 18, 2007

(Ed. note: Selection order based on current record and combined W-L record of all opponents.)

# Team W-L Opponents' W-L %

1 Miami 1-13 .536

2 St. Louis 3-11 .509

3 New York Jets 3-11 .522

4 Atlanta 3-11 .536

5 New England (from San Francisco) 4-10 .469

6 Baltimore 4-10 .509

7 Kansas City 4-10 .509

8 Oakland 4-10 .518

HolmeZz
12-21-2007, 11:34 AM
this thread isnt a question about Long vs. Oher, its about if Oher is good value for the chiefs as a top 10 pick. IMO, he is not.

YOU'VE NEVER F*CKING SEEN HIM PLAY

HolmeZz
12-21-2007, 11:55 AM
You're a joke dude.

http://chiefsplanet.com/BB/showpost.php?p=4448840&postcount=7

thats too bad about Oher. He will be a top 5 pick in 2009.

Chiefnj2
12-21-2007, 12:16 PM
How many Ole Miss games did people on this board watch during the year, and why?

Here is a USA Today SEC Wrapup
STRATEGY AND PERSONNEL
PLAYERS TO WATCH IN 2008: DE Greg Hardy ...

OT Michael Oher Oher has always had the talent but he hasn't always matched it with consistent effort and production. At one point, he looked like a good bet for a spot in the first round but he might find in the NFL evaluation process that he isn't quite as high as originally expected. Because of the difficult circumstances of his childhood, Oher might find it difficult not to enter the draft.

HolmeZz
12-21-2007, 12:52 PM
I watched about 5 Ole Miss games this year and I've been following Oher since he was a freshman.