PDA

View Full Version : Greetings from Georgia and I discovered a great way to get rich!

Nzoner
12-22-2007, 11:36 AM
Just dropping by to say greetings all from Evans,GA.

Arrived late last night to the lil bro's house after putting in a little over 1100 miles with a couple of detours with one being a tour of the Biltmore Mansion in Ashville,NC.

I've NEVER seen anything like this place,sick doesn't even begin to describe the money that the place must be worth,but I will tell you this I figured out a way to make millions.

Get a huge loan,build a mansion and charge dumbasses like me $61 to come in and take a look.

Anyhow,just wanted to drop in say Merry Christmas and all that stuff,looking forward to hanging at a place called Indigo Joe's with the lil bro and downing many tasty brews this weekend whilst taking in all the NfL action.

Here's a pic of Biltmore

http://www.lastradaatlakelure.com/Links/biltmore_house.jpg

smittysbar
12-22-2007, 11:44 AM
hell of a trip. That place reminds me of my first place.....minus the wheels. Boy that was one sweet double wide.

cdcox
12-22-2007, 11:47 AM
Welcome to the Southeast, Joe. Yeah, that place is amazing. I had forgotten how pricey it is for a visit. The human brain has a way of selectively forgetting episodes of extreme trauma.

Saulbadguy
12-22-2007, 11:48 AM
I went there when I was 12, it was pretty cool. The winery and gardens were the best part, IMO.

Nzoner
12-22-2007, 11:54 AM
Welcome to the Southeast, Joe. Yeah, that place is amazing. I had forgotten how pricey it is for a visit. The human brain has a way of selectively forgetting episodes of extreme trauma.

LOL yeah and thanks,I'm definitey enjoying the weather compared to that ice storm last week.

eazyb81
12-22-2007, 11:58 AM
The Biltmore is mind-blowing. It's crazy to think how rich the Vanderbilts were back in the day.

Nzoner
12-22-2007, 12:08 PM
The Biltmore is mind-blowing. It's crazy to think how rich the Vanderbilts were back in the day.

No doubt,1895 and you have full electricity,90 lbs of water pressure up to the 4th floor and a full swimming pool in the basement,just sick :shake:

Bob Dole
12-22-2007, 12:10 PM
So Bob Dole can look forward to paying more than the usual $40 next time he comes to visit?

smittysbar
12-22-2007, 12:13 PM
No doubt,1895 and you have full electricity,90 lbs of water pressure up to the 4th floor and a full swimming pool in the basement,just sick :shake:

they were D Bowe's half, step, 3rd Cousins, on his dad's ex's side, to times removed...............sorry I'll shut up now

Nzoner
12-22-2007, 12:16 PM
So Bob Dole can look forward to paying more than the usual $40 next time he comes to visit?

Mrs Nzoner said that when she heard my idea,just charge people to see the gameroom.

Speaking of which I'm hoping I left the gameroom in reliable enough hands and it's still the same when I get back,but it was better than having no one there at all. :)

Please NOTE THE SMILEY IN CASE YOU'RE READING

Bugeater
12-22-2007, 12:38 PM
Mrs Nzoner said that when she heard my idea,just charge people to see the gameroom.

Speaking of which I'm hoping I left the gameroom in reliable enough hands and it's still the same when I get back,but it was better than having no one there at all. :)

Please NOTE THE SMILEY IN CASE YOU'RE READING
Oh shit, you didn't leave 'penz in charge of it, did you?

Chief Henry
12-22-2007, 12:47 PM
Nzoner,

Have a Billy-Dusty and Frank Merry Christmas !

Nzoner
12-22-2007, 12:52 PM
Oh shit, you didn't leave 'penz in charge of it, did you?

Oh hell no,I'm not that desperate :D

Nzoner
12-22-2007, 12:58 PM
Nzoner,

Have a Billy-Dusty and Frank Merry Christmas !

You too man

A haw haw haw

OH AND I have no idea on the caption but me likes the pic

http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y130/marycastro67/a7f536e3.jpg

Rain Man
12-22-2007, 02:11 PM
I've been wanting to go to Biltmore for quite a while. I'm going to get there someday.

Interesting trivia: the pilot of the Memphis Belle, the first B-17 to complete 25 missions, grew up in a guest house on the Biltmore estate.

|Zach|
12-22-2007, 02:16 PM
I have been wanting to check that out ever since I saw it in the movie Hannibal.

Nzoner
12-22-2007, 02:30 PM
I have been wanting to check that out ever since I saw it in the movie Hannibal.

Wow,I never knew that,was that where Mason lived?

|Zach|
12-22-2007, 02:30 PM
Wow,I never knew that,was that where Mason lived?
Yes, watch it again, I am sure they did a lot of their own stuff but that was the house in the movie and I think there are a lot of parts of it filmed on the estate.

Nzoner
12-22-2007, 04:24 PM
Yes, watch it again, I am sure they did a lot of their own stuff but that was the house in the movie and I think there are a lot of parts of it filmed on the estate.

Will do for sure thanks for the head's up.

Speaking of movies I recently purchased Stephen King's Rose Red and was about 20 minutes in when I thought that there were similarities in what I'd read about Biltmore so I decided to wait for our trip.

Sure enough some of the things I learned yesterday about the building of the mansion etc. had some similar ties to King's mansion Rose Red.Anyhow we brought it on our trip with us and are looking forward to watching it sometime in the next few days.

Pierce
12-22-2007, 04:37 PM
I'm jealous. The Vanderbilts were rich indeed. Hell, Cornelius dropped $100 million back in the day to found the school I'm at today.

Apparently they were assholes, though. Who knew?

wutamess
12-22-2007, 04:40 PM
Evans, GA?

That's where my M-n-Law lives.
Your family employed at the Army base?

Nzoner
12-22-2007, 05:03 PM
Evans, GA?

That's where my M-n-Law lives.
Your family employed at the Army base?

Yep,my lil bro is a nurse and sis-in-law is a dental hygenist

wutamess
12-22-2007, 10:03 PM
Focker?

kcfanintitanhell
12-22-2007, 10:14 PM
I've been wanting to go to Biltmore for quite a while. I'm going to get there someday.

Interesting trivia: the pilot of the Memphis Belle, the first B-17 to complete 25 missions, grew up in a guest house on the Biltmore estate.

If you ever make it out this way, give Amy and I a heads up. We live about an hour from Ashville.

Frazod
12-23-2007, 02:03 AM
We spent a week in the Asheville area back in '03. Great vacation area most people haven't heard of. The Smokies are beautiful.

And yes, that mansion is amazing. The grounds are spectacular as well. And they make some pretty damn good wine.

Mr. Flopnuts
12-23-2007, 02:32 AM
We spent a week in the Asheville area back in '03. Great vacation area most people haven't heard of. The Smokies are beautiful.

And yes, that mansion is amazing. The grounds are spectacular as well. And they make some pretty damn good wine.

When I lived in Charlotte, I got some Seattle quality pot from Asheville. Good times.

sportsman1
12-23-2007, 03:31 AM
I was in Asheville this summer and went to the Biltmore. I spent 3 hours sitting in those chairs on the back porch of the place just gazing into the mountains and the gorgeous back forty. I would pay the year round pass price just to go there and chillax back there. Id post the pictures that show that view but im r-tarded when it comes to that.

Nzoner
12-23-2007, 09:45 AM
And they make some pretty damn good wine.

I'm not a wine drinker but after the tour of the winery and the offer of tasting samples for free I thought why not,after the 2nd sample I said I'm done and remembered quickly why I'm not a wine drinker.

Bob Dole
12-23-2007, 11:03 AM
I'm not a wine drinker but after the tour of the winery and the offer of tasting samples for free I thought why not,after the 2nd sample I said I'm done and remembered quickly why I'm not a wine drinker.

Because you have a penis?

Demonpenz
12-23-2007, 11:12 AM
I have a vision of all these wine drinkers, then nzoner in zubaz pants spitting out the wine and screaming " where is the jack and foghat"

Nzoner
12-24-2007, 07:21 AM
Because you have a penis?

DUDE!!