PDA

View Full Version : Croyle should be our backup next year

Hoover
12-23-2007, 03:52 PM
Let him compete in camp, but we need to find a vet who can come in and provide some stability to the offense. I don't want to spend a 1st rounder on a QB

blueballs
12-23-2007, 03:53 PM
Chad is da man
man

BigChiefFan
12-23-2007, 03:54 PM
Let's gut it out and see what we have in Croyle. We also should draft another QB, doesn't necessarily have to be a 1st rounder, but the Chiefs need to think long-term for a change.

MichaelH
12-23-2007, 03:54 PM
I hear Vinny Testaverde may be available.

Mecca
12-23-2007, 03:55 PM
Oh here we go...here comes Pennington.

blueballs
12-23-2007, 03:55 PM
According the QB coaches here
J Russell will be available for a song

POND_OF_RED
12-23-2007, 03:56 PM
FREE VICK!!!

Bob Dole
12-23-2007, 03:57 PM
Whitlock says Jeff George still has a couple of seasons left in the tank.

DaKCMan AP
12-23-2007, 03:58 PM
:doh!:

Rasputin
12-23-2007, 03:59 PM
Let him compete in camp, but we need to find a vet who can come in and provide some stability to the offense. I don't want to spend a 1st rounder on a QB

That's what we have done for GOT DAMN 20 years, F^CK That!!!

I don't care if we get a guy in the draft but Bull Sh!t to another veteran QB that isn't ever going to bring us a Championship. Most competitive playoff teams and Super Bowl teams use their own QB from the draft that they stuck with and developed. THe Cheifs haven't even GD tried for twenty years and now we do with Brodie and he is on a Sh!t team. Brodie may/may not be our guy but still use the draft to build us a Championship.

Hammock Parties
12-23-2007, 04:00 PM
Trent Green is available.

Otter
12-23-2007, 04:01 PM

He's playing behind the worst offensive line in th NFL. - nuff said

Jenson71

This must be satire.

The Bad Guy
How can you try to develop a guy who's constantly hurt?

Sanka
BRODIE IS THE FUTURE. Keep Woodson, Ryan, and Brohm OUT OF KC!
And screw McFragile and Pennington.

Dave Lane
Yeah Trent just loves Herm and Carl :)

The Bad Guy
12-23-2007, 04:04 PM

Ha. McFragile.

What irony. Praising Brodie, but talking about another injured player.

Mecca
12-23-2007, 04:05 PM

Brodie Croyle is more injury prone than "McFragile"

Hammock Parties
12-23-2007, 04:06 PM
I'd still give Brodie next year to see what he can do. It's not like we're going anywhere anyway. I don't think any of the quarterbacks coming out are all that great.

Mecca
12-23-2007, 04:07 PM
I'd take Woodson and Ryan over Brodie in a heartbeat if we are talking about developing a QB...

Like bad guy said, even if you love his talent you can't develop a guy when he gets hurt constantly and that is his MO all the way back to high school.

Demonpenz
12-23-2007, 05:32 PM
If I was a gm I would draft a qb and just say fans we are going to struggle but we are rebuilding this mother

the Talking Can
12-23-2007, 05:36 PM
another Vet?

please go no...we are rebuilding

Tits McGee
12-23-2007, 05:43 PM
Brodie needs a clipboard end of story.

Chiefs Pantalones
We are going to have to either bring in a vet or draft a QB high. Brodie is not the answer. If we don't bring in a vet or draft one, we'll be SOL. I just hope it's not Pennington ugh.

BigMeatballDave
If Croyle is gonna be our back-up, they better draft a QB. I don't want anyone elses trash(Pennington).

Hoover
as vet I mean a guy who has played in the league.

I'd be looking at some late 20's qbs. Like Anderson

Skip Towne
12-23-2007, 05:46 PM
Where's Jake Plummer?

Rasputin
12-23-2007, 05:48 PM
If Croyle is gonna be our back-up, they better draft a QB. I don't want anyone elses trash(Pennington).

Exactly. We don't need anyones elses trash. We have been doing that for 20 fn years. We need to get serious about building a championship caliber team through the draft for the long hall.

CoMoChief
12-23-2007, 05:49 PM
I'd give up a 2nd rd pick for Derek Anderson.

But for any QB to be sucessful here we need an Oline that can block. Without that we have nothing. Brady or Manning couldn't win here with the Oline we have.

Chiefs Pantalones
12-23-2007, 05:51 PM
Exactly. We don't need anyones elses trash. We have been doing that for 20 fn years. We need to get serious about building a championship caliber team through the draft for the long hall.

The rebuilding should start by drafting a franchise QB. Brodie is not the answer. He oozes it. Dude will never be the QB to take us to the playoffs and win, and go on to win Super Bowls.

Deberg_1990
12-23-2007, 05:53 PM
as vet I mean a guy who has played in the league.

I'd be looking at some late 20's qbs. Like Anderson

Pennington is only 29

Hoover
12-23-2007, 05:54 PM
I don't want Pennington either. The only real FA QB who has starting experience is Rex Grossman. Would you if the price is right?

Hoover
12-23-2007, 05:54 PM
Pennington is only 29
Hes 31 I believe

BigMeatballDave
12-23-2007, 05:55 PM
The rebuilding should start by drafting a franchise QB. Brodie is not the answer. He oozes it. Dude will never be the QB to take us to the playoffs and win, and go on to win Super Bowls.He may have the talent to do this, but I am wondering if he is durable enough for this.

Deberg_1990
12-23-2007, 05:56 PM
I don't want Pennington either. The only real FA QB who has starting experience is Rex Grossman. Would you if the price is right?

No, why would you want to bring in Rex Huard or Damon Pennington??

Same same.....might as well start from scratch.

Why are Chiefs fans so damn afraid of developing a rookie QB????

BigMeatballDave
12-23-2007, 05:57 PM
I don't want Pennington either. The only real FA QB who has starting experience is Rex Grossman. Would you if the price is right?Rex? LMAO

BigMeatballDave
12-23-2007, 05:57 PM
We may as well just keep Huard. Jesus...

Hoover
12-23-2007, 06:00 PM
If we draft a QB, do you throw him to the wolves right away? Either way we need another QB to back up the kid. The question is who should it be? granted there are not any good options out there.

I love how you guys are. If you want to bring in a vet QB, your a Pennington lover....

Eleazar
12-23-2007, 06:02 PM
Our opening day QB next year will be 30+. Bank on it

Chiefs Pantalones
12-23-2007, 06:02 PM
He may have the talent to do this, but I am wondering if he is durable enough for this.

He's not.

Deberg_1990
12-23-2007, 06:03 PM
Our opening day QB next year will be 30+. Bank on it

Yep, Carl Peterson and Chiefs "True Fans" = A Match made in Heaven.

LiL stumppy
12-23-2007, 06:05 PM
Bring in Chad for a late draft pick, let him and Croyle fight it out.

MichaelH
12-23-2007, 06:06 PM
I think the QB with the hotter wife should be the starter.

morphius
12-23-2007, 06:10 PM
I don't want a QB competition, I want a #1 QB getting the reps it takes to actually get in syn with the players and for the team to know who the "man" is.

IMO, Croyle is just too likely to get injured.

LiL stumppy
12-23-2007, 06:13 PM
I don't want a QB competition, I want a #1 QB getting the reps it takes to actually get in syn with the players and for the team to know who the "man" is.

IMO, Croyle is just too likely to get injured.

Competition will make a player play better than someone who has nothing to worry about.

Chiefs Pantalones
12-23-2007, 06:13 PM
If we draft a QB, do you throw him to the wolves right away? Either way we need another QB to back up the kid. The question is who should it be? granted there are not any good options out there.

I love how you guys are. If you want to bring in a vet QB, your a Pennington lover....
No matter what, we have to bring in another QB to compete with Croyle. Whether he's a vet or a 1st round pick. Because he's injury prone and hasn't proven shit this year, bad oline or not, he hasn't shown much. Whether that's on the coaching, play-calling, the players around him, I don't know. All I know is that he hasn't shown much for me to believe, and hopefully the Chiefs, that he is our QB of the future. If they choose the vet route, I hope it's not some crappy QB like a Huard or a Pennington, so that way they can basically give the job to Croyle. That would be Chief-like though.

Eleazar
12-23-2007, 06:15 PM
Either we should go with Croyle wire to wire next year, or we draft someone and hand them the job.

BigMeatballDave
12-23-2007, 06:19 PM
Bring in Chad for a late draft pick, let him and Croyle fight it out.Ok, Carl...

BigMeatballDave
12-23-2007, 06:21 PM
Either we should go with Croyle wire to wire next year, or we draft someone and hand them the job.I agree. Draft someone and let them compete.

KCJohnny
12-23-2007, 06:25 PM
1. We haven't seen Croyle yet with a competent OL.
2. We have a vet QB.
3. Unless you are talking Donavan McNabb, what vets are available?

BigMeatballDave
12-23-2007, 06:27 PM
1. We haven't seen Croyle yet with a competent OL.
I agree, but his injury today had nothing to do with the line.

Simplex3
12-23-2007, 06:27 PM
Un-f**king believable. If Brodie isn't given the chance to start all next year behind a reasonably good line then this franchise is an even bigger f**king joke that it already is.

MichaelH
12-23-2007, 06:28 PM
Un-f**king believable. If Brodie isn't given the chance to start all next year behind a reasonably good line then this franchise is an even bigger f**king joke that it already is.

Agreed. But this franchise has taken ****ing joke to a totally new level.

KCJohnny
12-23-2007, 06:30 PM
I agree, but his injury today had nothing to do with the line.

So you are concerned that he is injury-prone?

luv
12-23-2007, 06:32 PM
I agree. Draft someone and let them compete.
Oh joy. Another QB competition. The one this year was so much fun.

Mecca
12-23-2007, 06:33 PM
If you feel comfortable starting a guy that will likely miss 3-5 games every year, hey go with Croyle as the guy.

Simplex3
12-23-2007, 06:34 PM
So you are concerned that he is injury-prone?
You go into next season with Brodie as your starter. Period. No more f**king discussion. Anything else is f**king retarded. He is not the biggest problem on this team by any stretch. He's also a freaking rookie QB for all intensive purposes. If he sucks next year then start worrying about it for the '09 season.

Simplex3
12-23-2007, 06:36 PM
If you feel comfortable starting a guy that will likely miss 3-5 games every year, hey go with Croyle as the guy.
Who cares if he takes a beating? Would you rather have that happening to the next guy, then the next, then the next?

As soon as the OL isn't the worst in the league you can start your evaluation of Croyle's ability to stay healthy. Until then it's just dumb.

KCJohnny

Which means you need a dependable reserve QB. Like Huard or Todd Collins.

TEX

Croyle won't last.

Mecca
But....this is going to be one of the few years where the Chiefs pick high enough to take a QB.

Rasputin
12-23-2007, 06:37 PM

I still like Brodie and hope he gets the opportunity next year behind an improved O-line. I won't rule out yet drafting a first round QB but they better damn well have this O-line fixed or we are going to continue to ruin QBs.

Mecca
Which means you need a dependable reserve QB. Like Huard or Todd Collins.

No, it means he's a backup. You don't build your team around a QB that can't stay on the field.

Simplex3
Croyle won't last.
Thank you Nostradamus. Nobody will behind this OL with this offense, so who gives a crap? Why bring in another guy to take a beating.

KCJohnny
Who cares if he takes a beating? Would you rather have that happening to the next guy?

As soon as the OL isn't the worst in the league you can start your evaluation of Croyle's ability to stay healthy. Until then it's just dumb.
I hear what you are saying but the 2 injuries he sustained this year were not the fault of the OL. He got hurt running for a 1st down and trying to make a tackle on an INT.

Huard got beat to death behind this OL.

Extra Point
12-23-2007, 06:38 PM
The Herm Edwards' "It's your job to lose" express takes out another player. That coaching mentality is absurd. I agree with Morphius on this one.

Simplex3
12-23-2007, 06:39 PM
But....this is going to be one of the few years where the Chiefs pick high enough to take a QB and get him killed behind this OL.
FYP

Let's say you take a top 5 QB this year. First, you have Carl and Herm picking him, so you know for a fact he'll be a bust. Second, you can't play him until it's too late to draft another top 5 QB or he'll get killed. So then you're right back to never being able to evaluate him.

Mecca
Croyle should probably start next year, first round QB or not. Fixing this line is a 2 year process.

Bob Dole
If he sucks next year then start worrying about it for the '09 season.

With Tim Tebow!

BigMeatballDave
12-23-2007, 06:40 PM
So you are concerned that he is injury-prone?I am starting to wonder...

BigMeatballDave
12-23-2007, 06:40 PM
Oh joy. Another QB competition. The one this year was so much fun.It will be different with 2 young guys.

RedThat
12-23-2007, 06:41 PM
Croyle should probably start next year, first round QB or not. Fixing this line is a 2 year process.

I think it can be done in 1 year.

Draft an OT. And sign a G like Faneca in FA, and they can be respectable again.

Mecca
12-23-2007, 06:42 PM

Ugh......yes the process of spending a bunch of money on old guys to just be ok. Sounds like the Chiefs.

Simplex3
12-23-2007, 06:43 PM
It will be different with 2 young guys.
Yes, by all means it'll be totally different. Young QB's don't need the reps, they just know it all right away.

MichaelH
12-23-2007, 06:43 PM

A good team could do that. The Chiefs cannot.

Chiefs Pantalones
12-23-2007, 06:44 PM
Brodie doesn't have the build for a starting NFL QB. He's built like a punter.

Actually...most punters are bigger than him.

Dude won't be our QBOTF. Write that down.

RedThat
12-23-2007, 06:44 PM
Ugh......yes the process of spending a bunch of money on old guys to just be ok. Sounds like the Chiefs.

So your saying your definition of Faneca is ok? Give me a break. That guy is one of the elite guards in the league. yeah he is 32 and still playing at a high level much like Roaf and Shields were doing late in their careers.

Simplex3
12-23-2007, 06:45 PM

Respectable = Mediocre.

Woohoo.

Mecca
12-23-2007, 06:45 PM
So your saying your definition of Faneca is ok? Give me a break. That guy is one of the elite guards in the league. yeah he is 32 and still playing at a high level much like Roaf and Shields were doing late in their careers.

Spending big money on a 32 year old guard when your team sucks isn't smart.

You can draft a good guard in the middle of the draft...Guard is not a position to break the bank on unless the player is very rare like Steve Hutchinson. Faneca isn't that and he's older...

And my "ok" reference in terms of the team, a move like that is the desire to be 8-8 just "ok".

BigMeatballDave
12-23-2007, 06:46 PM
Who cares if he takes a beating? Would you rather have that happening to the next guy, then the next, then the next?

As soon as the OL isn't the worst in the league you can start your evaluation of Croyle's ability to stay healthy. Until then it's just dumb.Today's injury had nothing to do with protection. I really like Brodie. I want him to succeed. I am beginning to wonder if he is durable enough to play full time.

RedThat
12-23-2007, 06:46 PM
Respectable = Mediocre.

Woohoo.

Better then terrible.

Simplex3
12-23-2007, 06:47 PM
Elite players rarely get off of the team they start with. Until they're F**KING OLD AND USED UP. That's when they come to KC.

BigMeatballDave
12-23-2007, 06:48 PM
Brodie doesn't have the build for a starting NFL QB. He's built like a punter.

Actually...most punters are bigger than him.
Not really. He's only 2 inches shorter, and 20 lbs. lighter than Brady.

luv
Today's injury had nothing to do with protection. I really like Brodie. I want him to succeed. I am beginning to wonder if he is durable enough to play full time.
How many times to you expect him to try tackling people?

Simplex3
Today's injury had nothing to do with protection. I really like Brodie. I want him to succeed. I am beginning to wonder if he is durable enough to play full time.
You go try and tackle an NFL linebacker with a three of his starting defensive buddies around him and see how you turn out.

Next year Croyle will be smart enough to be walking back to the bench while that guy walks in.

Simplex3
12-23-2007, 06:49 PM
Better then terrible.
Carl?

Mecca
12-23-2007, 06:50 PM
You go try and tackle an NFL linebacker with a three of his starting defensive buddies around him and see how you turn out.

Next year Croyle will be smart enough to be walking back to the bench while that guy walks in.

That was just pure stupidity, there's no other way to describe that play.

Of course he threw a pick 6 and should have thrown one last week...

RedThat
12-23-2007, 06:50 PM
Spending big money on a 32 year old guard when your team sucks isn't smart.

You can draft a good guard in the middle of the draft...Guard is not a position to break the bank on unless the player is very rare like Steve Hutchinson. Faneca isn't that and he's older...

And my "ok" reference in terms of the team, a move like that is the desire to be 8-8 just "ok".

Please.

If a team like the Vikings spend money on a Guard it's a good move. But if the Chiefs were to do it, it is not a good move.

Faneca and Hutchinson are in the same class, and he is just as established as Hutch himself. And accomplished more.

Hammock Parties
12-23-2007, 06:52 PM
Please.

If a team like the Vikings spend money on a Guard it's a good move. But if the Chiefs were to do it, it is not a good move.

Faneca and Hutchinson are in the same class, and he is just as established as Hutch himself. And accomplished more.

Hutchinson was not 31 years old when the Vikings signed him.

RedThat
12-23-2007, 06:53 PM
Elite players rarely get off of the team they start with. Until they're F**KING OLD AND USED UP. That's when they come to KC.

Willie Roaf. Came to KC at 31, old and played amazing for 5 years. Offensive lineman can play into there mid 30's. I don't think its a bad investment, and especially since the guy is in the Probowl every year. What does that tell you?

Chiefs Pantalones
Not really. He's only 2 inches shorter, and 20 lbs. lighter than Brady.
ROFL i hope you're being sarcastic

FloridaMan88
Matt Ryan, Andre Woodson, Brian Brohm > Brodie Croyle

I keep saying it

Mecca
12-23-2007, 06:54 PM
The Chiefs shouldn't spend any sort of huge money in FA. They don't even have a core of players yet. You build your core in the draft then use FA to branch off that core. You don't build a core of old FA's.

Mecca
12-23-2007, 06:55 PM
Willie Roaf. Came to KC at 31, old and played amazing for 5 years. Offensive lineman can play into there mid 30's. I don't think its a bad investment, and especially since the guy is in the Probowl every year. What does that tell you?

And what did that get us? We build a team/core around old FA's....we were good for a couple years, not good enough to win anything mind you and now we're horrible and have nothing because of it.

RedThat
Hutchinson was not 31 years old when the Vikings signed him.

Fine. But Im sure he is a major contributor in the Vikes running game.

evolve27
Our O-line can't become any more decimated, let's go after some O-lineman for Brokie, then we'll see next year.

Simplex3
One guy worked out since Joe Montana and Marcus Allen. Whippidee doo!

There are a bunch of teams that think they're one player away who are going to pay big bucks for a guy like him. The Chiefs don't need to partake in that.

The Bad Guy
12-23-2007, 06:56 PM
The Chiefs shouldn't spend any sort of huge money in FA. They don't even have a core of players yet. You build your core in the draft then use FA to branch off that core. You don't build a core of old FA's.

You don't have to sign old FAs.

But the Chiefs have to spend money in FA.

They have to get a CB, a guard (Jake Scott) and a WR. If they have to spend to get them, so be it. They have the cap space.

FloridaMan88
12-23-2007, 06:57 PM
Our O-line can't become any more decimated, let's go after some O-lineman for Brokie, then we'll see next year.

The crappy offensive line isn't an excuse for Croyle not being able to last 5 freaking games as a starting QB without having to leave TWICE due to injury. Today's injury wasn't even on a sack or getting hit due to poor protection.

Part of being a successful starting QB in the NFL is being able to be counted on by your team to be there every game, and every snap.

Croyle has already proven to be unreliable in that regard.

RedThat
12-23-2007, 06:58 PM
And what did that get us? We build a team/core around old FA's....we were good for a couple years, not good enough to win anything mind you and now we're horrible and have nothing because of it.

It got us a sensational offense. And a great offensive line.

We have nothing because our FO neglected the LT position in the draft, and failed to replace him. Instead they tried they Turleys, the Welbourns, the Terrys. We have nothing because they replaced them with underachievers. What do you expect when they do stuff like that?

Mecca
12-23-2007, 06:59 PM
You don't have to sign old FAs.

But the Chiefs have to spend money in FA.

They have to get a CB, a guard (Jake Scott) and a WR. If they have to spend to get them, so be it. They have the cap space.

I'd still rather draft a guard, I think that's smarter with how many productive guards have come out of the 2nd day.

WR...Bryant Johnson but um I assume he's gonna get paid, there won't be much else out there. I like DJ Hackett but he's been injury plagued.

Mecca
12-23-2007, 06:59 PM
It got us a sensational offense. And a great offensive line.

We have nothing because our FO neglected the LT position in the draft, and failed to replace him. Instead they tried they Turleys, the Welbourns, the Terrys. We have nothing because they replaced them underachievers.

If this team had drafted a LT first or 2nd when Vermiel was here and the offense was great and the defense sucked..this board would have imploded.

evolve27
12-23-2007, 07:02 PM
The crappy offensive line isn't an excuse for Croyle not being able to last 5 freaking games as a starting QB without having to leave TWICE due to injury. Today's injury wasn't even on a sack or getting hit due to poor protection.

Part of being a successful starting QB in the NFL is being able to be counted on by your team to be there every game, and every snap.

Croyle has already proven to be unreliable in that regard.

Too injury prone for my liking and having any sort of reliable future on this team. We'll have to see how the Chiefs feel on this matter and see what they lean towards with their 4th pick!

Chief Faithful
12-23-2007, 07:04 PM
Free Agents are good if the team already has a solid nucleus and the objective is to win in the playoffs, but this team needs to rebuild and get younger.

If Croyle needs to be a backup then draft another to be the starter. Plugging in a veteran FA now is just more of the same mediocrity that CP has been putting on the field for years. If Croyle is not the guy then draft the right guy this year in the first round.

LiL stumppy
12-23-2007, 07:04 PM
Ok, Carl...

LOL Carl? You obviously haven't played a competitive sport before judging by that statement.

ChiefsLV
12-23-2007, 07:07 PM
So that's it huh? You're ready to give up on Croyle already. Our offensive line has sucked all year and Croyle takes a dumb dive trying to tackle a defender. And that's it.

You guys are a ****ing piece of work.

Whatever.

Bring in another QB, he'll never get a chance to develop.

DenverChief
12-23-2007, 07:09 PM
yeah lets bring in Vinny Testaverde...I wonder if Steve Pelluer is interested?

meStevo
So that's it huh? You're ready to give up on Croyle already. Our offensive line has sucked all year and Croyle takes a dumb dive trying to tackle a defender. And that's it.

Whatever.

What he said.

Bunch of fickle ****s.

morphius
Competition will make a player play better than someone who has nothing to worry about.
Just because you are number one doesn't mean you are going to keep it.

The Bad Guy
12-23-2007, 07:11 PM

Whatever.

And all you Croyle lovers who love him just because he's young are a ****ing piece of work.

His injuries HAD NOTHING TO DO WITH THE OFFENSIVE LINE.

Nothing.

Putting your franchise in the hands of a fragile football player is ****ing stupid.

BigMeatballDave
12-23-2007, 07:13 PM
How many times to you expect him to try tackling people?Hopefully, not often. My point is, Green threw blocks all the time for KC and never got injured doing it. Hey, I am rooting for Brodie. I really am. Some players just cannot handle the punishment the league dishes out. We'll see next season...

TEX
12-23-2007, 07:14 PM
One guy worked out since Joe Montana and Marcus Allen. Whippidee doo!

There are a bunch of teams that think they're one player away who are going to pay big bucks for a guy like him. The Chiefs don't need to partake in that.

There was another - # 31.

Bob Dole
12-23-2007, 07:16 PM
You have to draft offensive line.

If Croyle is as horrible as some seem to think, we'd have the first pick in the 2009 draft and should have an improved offensive line for Herm's replacement.

BigMeatballDave
12-23-2007, 07:17 PM

Whatever.

Bring in another QB, he'll never get a chance to develop.Thats not it. Brodie will get another shot next season.
He needs to prove he can take the pounding.

KCJohnny
12-23-2007, 07:19 PM

Faneca wants out of Pittsburgh. He's only 31 and he is at the top of his game. Most websites have him ranked as the #1 FA OLman this off season.

BigMeatballDave
12-23-2007, 07:20 PM
I'd say Brodie REALLY needs to hit the weightroom this off-season. He needs to pack on some muscle.

Hammock Parties
12-23-2007, 07:21 PM
I'd say Brodie REALLY needs to hit the weightroom this off-season. He needs to pack on some muscle.

He tried that last offseason, and the offseason before. He's not getting any bigger.

ChiefsLV
Thats not it. Brodie will get another shot next season.
He needs to prove he can take the pounding.

Yeah, just reacting to some on here who have already thrown in the towel on Croyle.

BigMeatballDave
Faneca wants out of Pittsburgh. He's only 31 and he is at the top of his game. Most websites have him ranked as the #1 FA OLman this off season.He won't come here unless we overpay for him. I don't wanna do that.

BigMeatballDave
12-23-2007, 07:22 PM
He tried that last offseason, and the offseason before. He's not getting any bigger.HGH?

luv
12-23-2007, 07:23 PM
He tried that last offseason, and the offseason before. He's not getting any bigger.
But the boy sure can throw.

BigMeatballDave
12-23-2007, 07:23 PM
He tried that last offseason, and the offseason before. He's not getting any bigger.I don't really have a problem with his size. He's not much smaller than Trent. I just think he need to gain a little weight, somehow.

Rasputin
12-23-2007, 07:38 PM
Brodie is going to have this offseason to study film and work with D Bowe. Brodie should come back next season ready to go. It sucks for him that he put himself in harms way to try to make a tackle, he would of served himself and the team better by not trying to tackle the guy. His arm got twisted back but did not break.

Brodie has one game this year left to see if he has improved from his first start, he needs to make the best of it. I think he'll do fine and give us reason for hope. On his injuries that may be a problem and we need to look at our options in the draft for a back up plan.

I am rooting for Brodie and hope for the best out of him. I can live with mistakes, as long as he is learning from them.

Mecca
12-23-2007, 07:41 PM
But the boy sure can throw.
Yea so can Kyle Boller....doesn't make him good.

KCJohnny
12-23-2007, 07:42 PM

Size isn't really the issue. Steve Young was only 6'1" 200 lbs. Lenny D was only 190. Fran Tarkenton was a buck eighty-five.

Injuries are really the product of fate more than constitution. Bo Jackson's career ending injuries had nothing to do with his conditioning or personal toughness.

cardken
12-23-2007, 07:44 PM
HOMER!

Mecca
12-23-2007, 07:45 PM
Size isn't really the issue. Steve Young was only 6'1" 200 lbs. Lenny D was only 190. Fran Tarkenton was a buck eighty-five.

Injuries are really the product of fate more than constitution. Bo Jackson's career ending injuries had nothing to do with his conditioning or personal toughness.

You shouldn't use guys from the 60's as an example...the game is much different now. Everyone is bigger/stronger/faster

Tits McGee
12-23-2007, 07:49 PM
It's time for Brodie to trade in his helmet for a visor.

KCJohnny
12-23-2007, 07:55 PM
You shouldn't use guys from the 60's as an example...the game is much different now. Everyone is bigger/stronger/faster

Fiddle faddle. Its just as easy to find small guys who succeed. Look at Warrick Dunn. He's like 180 dripping wet and he's in the top 30 all-time rushing.

Steve Young was a running QB who got hit a LOT. 200 pounds. Not to mention 5'9" Dough Flutie.

C-Mac
12-23-2007, 07:55 PM

Do you really need to see the offensive and defensive stats for the Roaf years? I'm all for rebuiding, but good lord there was nothing wrong in grabbing Roaf type of player. Had there been a defense on those teams you likely would have to grab a different straw.

Mecca
12-23-2007, 07:59 PM
Fiddle faddle. Its just as easy to find small guys who succeed. Look at Warrick Dunn. He's like 180 dripping wet and he's in the top 30 all-time rushing.

Steve Young was a running QB who got hit a LOT. 200 pounds. Not to mention 5'9" Dough Flutie.

You should look at the general rules, not the exceptions. Look what thinking LJ would be an exception and not the rule got us?

dj56dt58
12-23-2007, 08:04 PM
You people giving up on Croyle are idiots..you wanted to develop our own qb and thats what we're doing

Mecca
12-23-2007, 08:10 PM
You people giving up on Croyle are idiots..you wanted to develop our own qb and thats what we're doing

It's hard to develop a guy who gets injured every couple of games.

evolve27
12-23-2007, 08:10 PM

Brokie is so fragile our development will lead to Carl getting a vet in the offseason. Dammit Carl! :banghead:

Oh Snap
12-23-2007, 08:11 PM
thats the problem with this franchise... go grab some other teams garbage qb...we havent developed our own qb in how long? Give the guy some slack... Hes our man, and its his job right now until he proves otherwise.

Oh Snap
12-23-2007, 08:13 PM
Brokie is so fragile our development will lead to Carl getting a vet in the offseason. Dammit Carl! :banghead:
behind this oline, who isnt? I think if croyle was needed, he could have came back in. Pretty much pointless when your 4-10 and playing a losing effort.

banyon
12-23-2007, 08:26 PM
With Tim Tebow!

Hey, that rhymes with Romo!

:)

Mecca
12-23-2007, 08:28 PM
behind this oline, who isnt? I think if croyle was needed, he could have came back in. Pretty much pointless when your 4-10 and playing a losing effort.

But he's always been fragile, it was his huge knock on draft day and he continues to live up to it...

Bob Dole
12-23-2007, 08:30 PM
You should look at the general rules, not the exceptions. Look what thinking LJ would be an exception and not the rule got us?

Irony. Gotta love it.

OnTheWarpath15
12-23-2007, 08:36 PM
This franchise needs a housecleaning from CP all the way down to some of it's retarded ass fans.

**** it.

Let's spend a Top 5 draft pick on a QB, and after 5 games NEXT YEAR, we can throw him on the ****ing scrap heap too.

Some of you people deserve about five 2-14 seasons in a row.

Go root for the ****ing Patriots.

stonedstooge
12-23-2007, 08:54 PM
If .Chase Daniels enters the draft, get him for competion for Brodie Also get one of his tight ends to replace Jason Dunn who sounds like will be sent packing his bags after this year.

Mecca
12-23-2007, 08:56 PM
If .Chase Daniels enters the draft, get him for competion for Brodie Also get one of his tight ends to replace Jason Dunn who sounds like will be sent packing his bags after this year.

Yea we need a midget, great idea.

banyon
12-23-2007, 09:00 PM
6-0 225

6-0 209

Which QB is going to the cotton Bowl this year, and which went to the Pro bowl last year?

Mecca
12-23-2007, 09:01 PM
Chase Daniel isn't 6' that's an exaggeration. He's 5'9 or 5'10.

banyon
12-23-2007, 09:05 PM
Chase Daniel isn't 6' that's an exaggeration. He's 5'9 or 5'10.

Sorry, just trying to make life difficult for you. :p

http://missouri.rivals.com/croster.asp?Team=MISSOURI&Sort=2

10 Chase Daniel QB Jr. 2V 6-0/225 Southlake, TX (Southlake Carroll HS)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chase_Daniel

Mecca
12-23-2007, 09:06 PM
Yes college teams always over list guys, Roy Williams was 6'4 at Texas then he was magically 6'2 on draft day.

stonedstooge
12-23-2007, 09:16 PM
Yea I guess the guys in college are shorter, weigh less and aren't as phyically strong. My mistake. I guess they picked him as a Hiesmann Finalist because he's midget, didn't have anything to do with his abililities. And maybe they due fudge a little on his height in the college book, probably no different then you do about your d**k size.

Chiefs Pantalones
12-23-2007, 09:17 PM

You're retarded.

banyon
12-23-2007, 09:21 PM
Yea I guess the guys in college are shorter, weigh less and aren't as phyically strong. My mistake. I guess they picked him as a Hiesmann Finalist because he's midget, didn't have anything to do with his abililities. And maybe they due fudge a little on his height in the college book, probably no different then you do about your d**k size.
ROFL

Okay, whose alt is this?

Mecca
12-23-2007, 09:21 PM
I think his name fits him well......being a Heisman finalist means jack and shit when it comes to being an NFL player.

Eleazar
12-23-2007, 09:22 PM
I wonder what Todd Collins is doing these days?

MadMax
12-23-2007, 09:23 PM
Yea we need a midget, great idea.

Actually we need 2 midgets, a bearded lady and a 2 headed goat, then our circus would be complete. :)

Buzz
12-23-2007, 09:23 PM
What's going on in here? Did a man die?

BigMeatballDave
12-23-2007, 09:25 PM
I wonder what Todd Collins is doing these days?The 0dd T0dd is tearing Minny a new one...

TEX
12-23-2007, 10:20 PM
This franchise needs a housecleaning from CP all the way down to some of it's retarded ass fans.

**** it.

Let's spend a Top 5 draft pick on a QB, and after 5 games NEXT YEAR, we can throw him on the ****ing scrap heap too.

Some of you people deserve about five 2-14 seasons in a row.

Go root for the ****ing Patriots.

Croyle was a #3. The Chiefs owe him NOTHING.

Mecca
12-23-2007, 10:28 PM
Wait....Brodie Croyle's backup in college was Spencer Pennington, it's an omen.

Bob Dole
12-23-2007, 10:34 PM
Yes college teams always over list guys, Roy Williams was 6'4 at Texas then he was magically 6'2 on draft day.

Except for USC. They always list their players 4" shorter than they really are, so all their opponents don't just forfeit.

Logical
12-23-2007, 10:43 PM
Jesus, how many failures must we endure before we realize this is a failing strategy?

Brock
12-23-2007, 11:13 PM
A "vet"? You mean a retread.

Kyle Boller here we come

BigRedChief
12-24-2007, 07:05 AM
From Shaggy Shane:
With Brodie Croyle having history from before the 2006 draft of being a "Broken Glass" QB you know that Brodie did himself no favors by riding female-dog in the golf cart from the side-lines to the lockerroom for only having a hand injury.

You know the whole league saw Croyle riding in the cart holding his hand... Watching Croyle ride in the golf cart to the lockerroom for a hand injury was WEAK! And it only spoke volumes of Brodie Croyle's reputation.

BRC:
How can we not start thinking that his reputation as injury prone is correct? He's played in 6 games and got injured twice on routine plays. If that doesn't make you question his durability then you are a blind homer.