PDA

View Full Version : No Championship Mentality

Que Card QB
12-24-2007, 08:35 AM
I've been trying to put my finger on "the problem" with the Chiefs. The O-line is blinding, a young/backup QB, an aging corner, special teams in general...they're all bad, but I've come to the conclusion that aside from T-Go and JA, they do not say, "We will win at whatever cost! We will never lose! No one can beat us! The Super Bowl is ours!" and it's from top to bottom with the Chiefs.

I look at New England, they are not sitting Tom Brady for next week. Pretend the Chiefs were 15-0, Herm would be playing to "not get hurt". It's the same mentality that brought us jogging into the regular season ill-prepared and cost us two games right off the bat. The same mentality that runs the ball with 2:00 remaining in the half--"don't turn it over" when it should be "ram it down their throat for 6 points and momentum". "Survival" is the theme of this team and that is a losing mentality.

I AM over it Herm, Carl, Dick, Solari, Priefer, etc...! And I'm convinced that until this house is cleaned out, from Carl down, we will never have a chance at being great.

I don't care what holes we plug or fires we put out, the bottom line is that until this franchise is overhauled with a championship mentality, one that will not be beat, we will never be the Patriots, the Steelers, the Packers, the Cowboys, and yes, even as gay as their home uni-pants are, the Broncos.

FringeNC
12-24-2007, 08:46 AM
Yep. Until this franchise sheds the risk-aversion that permeates it to the core, we have no chance at greatness. To be great, one has to take risks.

stevieray
12-24-2007, 08:51 AM
Maybe it's because we have always been choice B.

KC has never been home to the Hunts, other than Arrowhead. I really don't think they've had a personal connection to KC, other than through business..

I wonder how many out of state owners there are in the NFL...

the Talking Can
12-24-2007, 08:56 AM
new and fresh

Reerun_KC
12-24-2007, 09:44 AM
Herm philosophy will never equal a championship mentality.

dallaschiefsfan
12-24-2007, 09:48 AM
While this isn't the only problem, I've been saying the same thing within my football friend circles. You can't just be satisfied with being a playoff team. I don't believe in "incrementalism" when it comes to football. Either you're playing to get in the big game every year or you're not. Even when you're "rebuilding" or whatever...you never let a team think that you're satisfied with the playoffs. This mentality drives me nuts...