PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs v. Raiders Draft Order

jettio
12-24-2007, 09:51 AM
I figure that if Chiefs and Raiders finish with same record, the first tiebreaker is strength of schedule.

The team whose opponents win the least games gets the higher picks.

This year Raiders and Chiefs have the following uncommon opponents:

Raiders play Browns and Dolphins. Currently, Browns (9-6) and Dolphins (1-15) have 10 combined victories.

Chiefs play Jets and Bengals. Currently, Jets (3-12) and Bengals (6-9) have 9 combined victories.

Bengals at Dolphins next week. Chiefs play Jets. Raiders host Chargers and Browns host 49ers.

If Chiefs and Raiders both lose: Jets would add one more victory and the outcome of the Bengals v. Dolphins could decide draft pick. If Dolphins or Browns win, Chiefs pick ahead of Raiders, because of tied strength of schedule, and Raiders have better conference record.

If Chiefs and Raiders both win: Chiefs would pick ahead of Raiders because no scenario would give Chiefs uncommon opponents more victories than Raiders uncommon opponents, and Raiders would have better divisional and conference records.

Bottom line, Chiefs pick ahead of Raiders: unless Chiefs win and Raiders lose; or, Chiefs, Raiders, Dolphins, and Browns all lose.

Disclaimer: I think this is how draft order is figured.

Bob Dole
12-24-2007, 09:52 AM
Yay. Another draft thread that just repeats all the other draft order discussions.

Dipshit.

Mr. Laz
12-24-2007, 09:53 AM
yikes ..... now my head hurts :doh!:

12-24-2007, 09:54 AM
What every happens, happens. Stop trying to figure this crap out.

eazyb81
12-24-2007, 10:11 AM
I have no doubt the Chiefs will win next week and piss us all week heading into the offseason.

cdcox
12-24-2007, 10:33 AM
If Chiefs and Raiders both lose: Jets would add one more victory and the outcome of the Bengals v. Dolphins could decide draft pick. If Dolphins or Browns win, Chiefs pick ahead of Raiders, because of tied strength of schedule, and Raiders have better conference record.

The underlined part is wrong.

If the Dolphins beat the Bengals we pick before the Raiders.

If the Bengals beat the Dolphins, the Raiders pick first, regardless of the Cleveland outcome. If we have a tied SOS, the tiebreakers with the raiders will be:

Head to head: tie
Best Division record: tie
Best Record against common opponents: KC would have the better record against common opponents and so Oakland would draft first.

So your final summary statement should be revised to read:

If Chiefs and Raiders both lose: Jets would add one more victory and the outcome of the Bengals v. Dolphins could decide draft pick. If Dolphins win, Chiefs pick ahead of Raiders, but if the Bengals win, the Raiders pick ahead of the Chiefs.

jettio
12-24-2007, 11:10 AM
Yay. Another draft thread that just repeats all the other draft order discussions.

Dipshit.

Sorry, next time I post a thread I will check with Gatekeeper McHemmorhoid.

I usually let Santa mind his own business, but I hope that he does not forget to put something medicinal in your or your boyfriends' stockings this year.

Bob Dole
12-24-2007, 11:20 AM
Sorry, next time I post a thread I will check with Gatekeeper McHemmorhoid.

I usually let Santa mind his own business, but I hope that he does not forget to put something medicinal in your or your boyfriends' stockings this year.

Nice recovery, Mr. Any-thought-that-enters-my-head-is-original-and-even-if-it-isn't-I'm-too-important-to-read-all-the-other-threads-on-the-subject.

Bob Dole or his boyfriend. ROFL! That's quality stuff right there.

Dipshit.

jettio
12-24-2007, 11:34 AM
The underlined part is wrong.

If the Dolphins beat the Bengals we pick before the Raiders.

If the Bengals beat the Dolphins, the Raiders pick first, regardless of the Cleveland outcome. If we have a tied SOS, the tiebreakers with the raiders will be:

Head to head: tie
Best Division record: tie
Best Record against common opponents: KC would have the better record against common opponents and so Oakland would draft first.

So your final summary statement should be revised to read:

If Chiefs and Raiders both lose: Jets would add one more victory and the outcome of the Bengals v. Dolphins could decide draft pick. If Dolphins win, Chiefs pick ahead of Raiders, but if the Bengals win, the Raiders pick ahead of the Chiefs.

OOps. I think you are right. I did not figure the common opponents tie-breaker. Raiders beat the Browns and Dolphins and Chiefs beat Bengals and would lose to Jets, so if tied, Chiefs would have worse record in uncommon opponents and therefore be a game better on common opponents.

jettio
12-24-2007, 11:38 AM
Nice recovery, Mr. Any-thought-that-enters-my-head-is-original-and-even-if-it-isn't-I'm-too-important-to-read-all-the-other-threads-on-the-subject.

Bob Dole or his boyfriend. ROFL! That's quality stuff right there.

Dipshit.

You must be in a dungeon where you have to stay logged on to chiefs planet 24/7.

There are not so many draft order threads on the front pages, maybe you are thinking about other years or something. It is not like you have to read and comment on every thread.

jettio
12-24-2007, 11:48 AM

Dipshit.

Maybe you ought to give up your stint with the posting police and explain to the avatar police why you think someone ought to post a picture of themselves flipping the bird while wearing a hat that is supposed to be a tribute to 37.

Rain Man
12-24-2007, 01:43 PM
Let the anger flow, everyone. It's the best way to heal.