PDA

View Full Version : Herm: "I ain't draftin' no QB."

BigRock
12-24-2007, 11:34 PM
Maybe this will put an end to 15 threads about the issue every day. Yeah, probably not.

http://www.kansascity.com/sports/story/417771.html

Herm says Croyle will be No. 1 quarterback in 2008
By RANDY COVITZ
The Kansas City Star

The Chiefs went into the season believing Brodie Croyle was their quarterback of the future.

And they’ll conclude the 2007 season, despite five losses and two injuries in Croyle’s five starts, still believing that.

Croyle is questionable for Sunday’s season finale at the New York Jets because of a hand injury that knocked him out of the Chiefs’ 25-20 loss at Detroit. But even if doesn’t play, Chiefs coach Herm Edwards believes he has seen enough in Croyle to make him the incumbent for 2008.

The Chiefs, 4-11, can be staring at a top-five draft pick, but Edwards sees too many other needs on the team to spend it on a quarterback. Three quarterbacks — Louisville’s Brian Brohm, Boston College’s Matt Ryan and Hawaii’s Colt Brennan — are considered first-round material.

“Let’s say you draft a quarterback in the first round,” Edwards said. “I don’t see a franchise quarterback out there. I haven’t evaluated them, but I haven’t heard enough that, ‘This is Peyton Manning.’ What does that tell you? What have you got? You might have the same guy you already have.

“There are a lot of positions on this team we have to fill …”

Croyle was a third-round pick in 2006, and the primary reason he slipped that far was a history of injuries both in college at Alabama and in high school. This season, he missed one start after taking a hit to his back, and he left the Detroit game after injuring his hand and wrist while trying to make a tackle on an interception return.

“It’s a little bit of a concern,” Edwards said. “But we’re not going to panic. You want your quarterback available. That’s the most important piece to your offense, if your quarterback can be available game in and game out, that’s when you find out if they can play or not, and if they’re good, they give you the best chance to win.”

Then, Edwards, asked to list the positives and negatives in Croyle, broke it down this way:

“The first plus is he’s gotten to play,” Edwards said. “He has good aura with the football team. The team believes in the guy. He’s made some throws, where if you look at him, you say, ‘Hey, this guy has a legitimate arm. He can make that throw, he can make that play.’ He’s mobile enough, he can do some things if you get him on the edge, get him out of the rush. He’s smart. He understands what he has to do with the football.”

And the minuses?

“Like all young guys, inexperience,” Edwards said. “He turns the ball over, which is never good … but I thought he got better every game. And he’s been nicked. … There are some things we have to do to help him, designwise, how we play. But also we will help him with some players around him, too.”

Croyle was given every opportunity to become the opening-day starter. But he had a miserable preseason marked by untimely and inexplicable interceptions, and the Chiefs went with veteran Damon Huard.

Now that the Chiefs are concluding their worst season since 1988, would they have been better off going with Croyle from the very beginning and let him take his lumps? Maybe then they’d know more about him, and this wouldn’t have been a wasted season.

“You can say that now because of our record, but when we were 4-3, no one was saying that,” Edwards said. “There’s a lot of ways you look at it. At the beginning of the season, we felt with the veteran team we had on offense, the best way for us to win games early and give us a chance was with Damon, and Damon did a good job.

“But it got to the point where some things went the other way, and we put Brodie in. He’s gotten better from the preseason, because if he was good enough in the preseason, he would have started.”

In five starts, plus mop-up duty in two other games, Croyle, 24, has completed 107 of 181 passes for 1,032 yards, five touchdowns, six interceptions and a mediocre 70.5 passer rating.

“I’m hoping he can play this week,” Edwards said. “Another week of playing will help him and will help us evaluate that position. But he’s a guy we like.”

Brock
12-24-2007, 11:38 PM
Herm also says he knows what's wrong and how to fix it.

12-24-2007, 11:40 PM
“He has good aura with the football team.
:spock:

Can somebody explain what the hell that is?

“He turns the ball over, which is never good

You're going to have turnovers, everybody does. I really feel sorry for Croyle. he has to learn how to play terrified not to make a mistake with a minuscule margin for error. Herman Edwards really knows how to develop young QB's! LOL!

Hammock Parties
12-24-2007, 11:40 PM
What did I tell you?

ZootedGranny
12-24-2007, 11:41 PM
“You can say that now because of our record, but when we were 4-3, no one was saying that,” Edwards said. “There’s a lot of ways you look at it. At the beginning of the season, we felt with the veteran team we had on offense, the best way for us to win games early and give us a chance was with Damon, and Damon did a good job.

Define "no one."

Reminds me of Carl frequently saying nobody says anything negative to him when he's out in public.

Rasputin
12-24-2007, 11:42 PM
Cool and that is a bit refreshing IMO.

I like Brodie, am conserned about staying healthy, but think he is a man and can handle it. We'll see. Hope Brodie does a good job against the Jets but we lose anyways. Don't care much for Herm but maybe he'll do better with out Carl next year <HOPEFULLY> Don't know yet on Carl being back but God I hope Carl gets fired and please let that happen.

BIG_DADDY
12-24-2007, 11:43 PM
Too bad he can't draft a brain and loose his ego.

Direckshun
12-24-2007, 11:45 PM
Oh whatever.

Herm said we didn't need to draft WR with our #1 last year, and look what we did.

Deflections, deflections, deflections. It's still possible.

cdcox
12-24-2007, 11:46 PM
Quote:“He has good aura with the football team"

Wow, your aura is really fantastic! It's this beautiful purple color.

Your aura is purple! Purple! It's purple!

Brock
12-24-2007, 11:47 PM
Herm is so stupid. The Chiefs hired the dumbest man on earth to be their coach.

kcxiv
12-24-2007, 11:49 PM
His wonderful Aura is about to be a 4-12 team. Wonderful.

Hammock Parties
12-24-2007, 11:50 PM
Herm said we didn't need to draft WR with our #1 last year, and look what we did.

He never said that.

Direckshun
12-24-2007, 11:56 PM
He didn't do everything he could to deemphasize the idea of drafting a WR?

BIG_DADDY
12-24-2007, 11:58 PM
His wonderful Aura is about to be a 4-12 team. Wonderful.
I predicted a 3-13 season and everyone told me I was crazy. Looking back I was right on. We will actually be very lucky to even be 4-12. I'm still not sure how we beat the Viqueens.

When Herm got this team we were a hair on our ass away from being the top O in the NFL. We are currently 30th in scoring and 29th in total yardage. Good thing Herm's first item of importance was addressing our O when he came to this team. Herm is a total failure on every level.

12-24-2007, 11:59 PM
I don’t see a franchise quarterback out there. I haven’t evaluated them, but I haven’t heard enough that, ‘This is Peyton Manning.’ What does that tell you? What have you got? You might have the same guy you already have

He really is a dumb ****er. Goatse, can you read?

I don’t see a franchise quarterback out there. I haven’t evaluated them,

stevieray
12-25-2007, 12:10 AM
Herm: "I ain't draftin no QB"
Carl: "I ain't firing Herm"
Clark: "I aint firing Carl"
Average Chiefs fan.."Just fire the weapon, put me out of my misery!"

chiefbowe82
12-25-2007, 12:25 AM
I'm 300 pounds of twisted shit, I'll blow your knees off and kick your ass.

chiefbowe82
12-25-2007, 12:27 AM
so if the rams win and we lose, who draft first, cause thats probably the determining factor on wheater we'll end up with Jake Long

blueballs
12-25-2007, 12:32 AM
>Carl has final say
so if a QB is drafted
Carl did it<

smittysbar
12-25-2007, 02:13 AM
What did I tell you?

That Huard was God?

chagrin
12-25-2007, 02:14 AM
I'm curious - what do y'all expect out of a QB starting his first year with a shitty O-line and poor coaching? He's only started a few games.

smittysbar
12-25-2007, 02:17 AM
Now that the Chiefs are concluding their worst season since 1988, would they have been better off going with Croyle from the very beginning and let him take his lumps? Maybe then they’d know more about him, and this wouldn’t have been a wasted season.

-----------------

No shit!!!!!! Wow and they wonder why we are pissed

elvomito
12-25-2007, 02:37 AM
lol, so we CAN play arena ball now?

Q: You’ve been labeled a conservative coach. How do you approach this offense?

EDWARDS: “Like I said before, it sounds like I’m conservative but as I keep saying it’s the players you play with. It might look conservative at times but I’m going to play to players’ strengths. I’m going to do that. These players on offense obviously have the ability to score. I’m not going to all of a sudden say you’re only allowed to score seven points a quarter. I’m not going to do that. I’m a football coach. I can coach anything that you give me: good players, great players, that’s what your job is as a coach.”

elvomito
12-25-2007, 02:40 AM
no, its not ok.

Q: Some have questioned your game management. How do you respond?

EDWARDS: “Well, the great thing about it is you’ll find out. As soon as I make a mistake you’ll say, ‘there he goes again.’ Every coach in this league goes through it. Haven’t heard that this year though. There’s always going to be a situation when you decide to do something and people will say why did you throw instead of run; why did you run instead of throw, why did you let the clock go down? That’s OK. That’s part of the deal.”

Jim Jones
12-25-2007, 02:59 AM
“Let’s say you draft a quarterback in the first round,” Edwards said. “I don’t see a franchise quarterback out there. I haven’t evaluated them, but I haven’t heard enough that, ‘This is Peyton Manning.’ What does that tell you? What have you got? You might have the same guy you already have.

Well that makes sense, hasn't evaluated anyone but he's "heard" enough that he's ruled QB's out.

So, because there may be no Peyton Manning, he doesn't want a QB? Because, I mean, I'll settle for a Tom Brady or Carson Palmer or Tony Romo.

petegz28
12-25-2007, 04:03 AM
aura and karma go hand in hand....didn't ya know?

Skip Towne
12-25-2007, 07:12 AM
4-12 isn't new ground for Herm. He accomplished the feat in 2005 as well.

Rasputin
12-25-2007, 07:20 AM
lol, so we CAN play arena ball now?

Q: You’ve been labeled a conservative coach. How do you approach this offense?

EDWARDS: “Like I said before, it sounds like I’m conservative but as I keep saying it’s the players you play with. It might look conservative at times but I’m going to play to players’ strengths. I’m going to do that. These players on offense obviously have the ability to score. I’m not going to all of a sudden say you’re only allowed to score seven points a quarter. I’m not going to do that. I’m a football coach. I can coach anything that you give me: good players, great players, that’s what your job is as a coach.”

I have know idea what you just said, but REP for your Avitar

the Talking Can
12-25-2007, 07:25 AM
Great News.

Seriously. They need to move forward with confidence in Croyle, or draft a QB. I figured with Croyle only getting 5 starts that we'd get some mealy mouthed response about the QB and the draft.

We now know 1 thing for sure about the Chiefs. Croyle is the man.

Now get the kid a real OC and a QB coach. And pray for his health.

God has to cut us a break sooner or later.

And we don't have to have 3,000 threads about which QB to draft.

Rasputin
12-25-2007, 07:27 AM
Great News.

Seriously. They need to move forward with confidence in Croyle, or draft a QB. I figured with Croyle only getting 5 starts that we'd get some mealy mouthed response about the QB and the draft.

Damn Strait. I like it. Croyle da man!

the Talking Can
12-25-2007, 07:28 AM
damn, just read this thread...

it's Christmas morning people..lighten up...lol

I thought i was negative...

the Talking Can
12-25-2007, 07:33 AM
He really is a dumb ****er. Goatse, can you read?

I don’t see a franchise quarterback out there. I haven’t evaluated them,

you realize that the Chiefs, and every team in the NFL, have scouts on staff for that?

no coach in the league spends time during the season evaluating college players...

pikesome
12-25-2007, 07:34 AM
damn, just read this thread...

it's Christmas morning people..lighten up...lol

I though i was negative...

Being negative is like being paranoid. Sometimes it's with good reason.

12-25-2007, 07:52 AM
Great News.

Trent Green was named the starter for 2007 last year, don't you remember?

12-25-2007, 07:53 AM
you realize that the Chiefs, and every team in the NFL, have scouts on staff for that?

no coach in the league spends time during the season evaluating college players...
Then you don't say you see anything, right? he's contradicting himself.

suds79
12-25-2007, 07:54 AM
Well Herm may say one thing but I'll believe it when I see it. It's a little early to rule out anybody at any point in the draft.

Plus the decision is not his alone.

StillHonest
12-25-2007, 08:19 AM
Nothing like starting out a Christmas morning wiith a great cup of coffee, sticky buns in the oven baking, a fire in the fireplace and Herm confirming that everything is good and OK and the future is bright.

TN_Chief
12-25-2007, 08:41 AM
What a jerkoff. First he admits he hasn't "evaluated" the available QBs...then goes on to say that he hasn't heard any buzz about any of them being the next Peyton Manning.

Hey Herm...let me clue you in on something:
1. There's only 1 Peyton Manning, and the last "next" Peyton was his brother. That hasn't worked out so well, so you might want to pass on listening to the pundits. Ryan Leaf was highly touted too Herm.
2. Tom Brady was a no-namer 6th round pick...but he's worked out pretty well. Joe Montana was a 3rd round pick...he seemed to do pretty well also.

Is there any doubt that Herm couldn't draft or coach his way out of a wet paper bag? Because there sure as shit shouldn't be.

C-Mac
12-25-2007, 09:04 AM
What did I tell you?

Really depends on what subject or what day your asking about but I'm sure you waffled at least once on whatever it is your pointing out.

Ari ümlaüt
12-25-2007, 09:26 AM
My aura is flustrated.

Calcountry
12-25-2007, 09:30 AM
Herm also says he knows what's wrong and how to fix it.The mere fact that he speaks as if he is going to be the guy still around to fix this shithole mess is what I found to be disturbing.

KC kid
12-25-2007, 09:33 AM
Yes, we wasted this entire season watching terrible football just to go into next season with the exact same issues that we had all this year. What players do we really know what we got? We don't know if Croyle can get the job done. . . We especially don't know if he can stay healthy. Chiefs management and coaches were so terrified of losing that they instituted an ultra conservative gameplan which limited their ability to evaluate. Coupled with this, they did not even play Brodie but six games.

This is ridiculous

StillHonest
12-25-2007, 09:35 AM
Croyle:China Doll

Sorry to the BrodyLove guys but so far...we do know he is fragile.

BigMeatballDave
12-25-2007, 09:36 AM
Would it be against league rules to wrap Croyle in Kevlar before games?

Easy 6
12-25-2007, 09:37 AM
Brodie Croyle in 08???

Damn Straight!!!

12-25-2007, 09:38 AM
Brodie Croyle in 08???

Damn Straight!!!
Just like Trent Green in 07! :spock:

Rasputin
12-25-2007, 09:44 AM
Croyle:China Doll

Sorry to the BrodyLove guys but so far...we do know he is fragile.

Not sure about that, he took some hard hits standing in the pocket and got up and dusted himself off. His injuries, a Knee to the back & his hand got twisted backward when he landed awekward. I still think he is a tough kid who can handle it. Yes he is little, so was Joe Montana and Joe got leveled many times & came back to play. Brodie has a toughness about him and a sure fire win attitude, that is why I like him.

I'm ok with looking at other QBs in the draft becouse you have to nomatter what. It is the life in the NFL to be prepared if a player goes down you have to have a backup plan. We don't need a vet QB to be back up or starter we need the young guys ready to jump in and take the lumps of learning the next couple of years.

Easy 6
12-25-2007, 09:51 AM
Just like Trent Green in 07! :spock:

Its going to take a helluva lot more than a handful of games on a terrible team...to make me turn on this guy.

He has the physical skills...now he just needs time to grow into the role.

Thats what you do when someone has demonstrated the necessary physical skills...you groom them, you surround them with talented players & coaches, then, only when they've had ATLEAST 2 years under those conditions...do you declare boom...or bust & move on.

BigMeatballDave
12-25-2007, 09:56 AM
Yes, we wasted this entire season watching terrible football just to go into next season with the exact same issues that we had all this year. What players do we really know what we got? We don't know if Croyle can get the job done. . . We especially don't know if he can stay healthy. Chiefs management and coaches were so terrified of losing that they instituted an ultra conservative gameplan which limited their ability to evaluate. Coupled with this, they did not even play Brodie but six games.

This is ridiculousGross incompetence.

12-25-2007, 10:02 AM
Its going to take a helluva lot more than a handful of games on a terrible team...to make me turn on this guy.

He has the physical skills...now he just needs time to grow into the role.

Thats what you do when someone has demonstrated the necessary physical skills...you groom them, you surround them with talented players & coaches, then, only when they've had ATLEAST 2 years under those conditions...do you declare boom...or bust & move on.
My point was to take everything this ****ing turd Herm says with a grain of salt. he also said last year that Trent Green was going to be the starter in 07.

Rasputin
12-25-2007, 10:06 AM
My point was to take everything this ****ing turd Herm says with a grain of salt. he also said last year that Trent Green was going to be the starter in 07.

I sure don't trust him, I think he isn't honest with himself first.

xbarretx
12-25-2007, 10:07 AM
good, we need to stick with Brodie. if every QB was cut after there first bad season there would have been no Manning, Elway, Farve, etc. there is only one BIG BEN PEOPLE!!

StcChief
12-25-2007, 10:09 AM
Only way to stop thread on QB draft is sticky this one

The Bad Guy
12-25-2007, 10:12 AM
good, we need to stick with Brodie. if every QB was cut after there first bad season there would have been no Manning, Elway, Farve, etc. there is only one BIG BEN PEOPLE!!

Mother ****ing hell.

This isn't about a bad season. How many times does that have to be repeated on this board?

It's his ability to STAY ON THE FIELD. I don't give a shit if he habs a million dollar arm, if a QB is going to be hurt half the year, you can not depend on him as your starter.

This isn't just a CP-myth drummed up, the guy was hurt a lot in college.

I like Croyle, I like his arm, mobility. I just don't like that he's made of glass.

eazyb81
12-25-2007, 10:13 AM
It really doesn't matter what Herm says.

If Herm and Carl are still with the team by the time the draft rolls around, the franchise has no hope no matter who we draft.

By the way, I distinctly remember Herm blabbing about how we didn't need to draft a WR this past year because we had Webb and Hannon.

BigMeatballDave
12-25-2007, 10:13 AM
Mother ****ing hell.

This isn't about a bad season. How many times does that have to be repeated on this board?

It's his ability to STAY ON THE FIELD. I don't give a shit if he habs a million dollar arm, if a QB is going to be hurt half the year, you can not depend on him as your starter.

I like Croyle, I like his arm, mobility. I just don't like that he's made of glass.Do you like my Kevlar idea?
:)

xbarretx
12-25-2007, 10:20 AM
Mother ****ing hell.

I like Croyle, I like his arm, mobility. I just don't like that he's made of glass.

injuries yes, but that can be worked on the off season by adding some weight. he just needs to bulk up a bit and that should aid. also with him plying a full season his conditioning and workout routine can and should be better set to aid him.

by bad season i mean rc mistakes and INT's

geeze, dont make me sweep the leg, put you in a body bag, and then use the crane technique while making your knuckles bleed. dont you know that FEAR DOES NOT EXIST IN THE DOJO, DOES IT? ;)

Deberg_1990
12-25-2007, 10:33 AM
I dont believe about 90% of what comes out of Herm mouth.

Who knows if Herm is going to be here anyways???

IM still praying Clark makes MAJOR changes.

DeezNutz
12-25-2007, 10:40 AM
First, I don't believe anything anyone is saying about the draft right now, including the prognosticators. If you remember, this time several years ago Derrick Johnson was sure to come off the board in the top 3 picks. :rolleyes:

But...if Herm is speaking some form of truth, he needs to get his ears firmly boxed because he's taking away any leverage the Chiefs might have in a trade-down scenario. Team X, who is drafting #6, wants Ryan, but why worry about moving up b/c the Chiefs aren't going to take him...

Coogs
12-25-2007, 10:40 AM
IM still praying Clark makes MAJOR changes.

I agree, but it is thinking along these lines that scare the heck out of me in that regard...

RAND: Path to 2008 becomes clearer
Dec 25, 2007, 2:08:17 AM by Jonathan Rand - FAQ

At the risk of reading too much into one game, the Chiefs’ picture became clearer Sunday. As might be expected after any loss, not everything in sharper focus was pleasing to the eye.

On the up side, the Chiefs in a 25-20 loss at Detroit did not play as haplessly as they have in most of their eight straight losses. When Brodie Croyle’s interception was returned 61 yards for a touchdown that put the Lions ahead 19-0, it looked as if the only way to rebuild this team was to start from scratch.

The Chiefs’ defense was getting pushed around early. The offense, as usual, was firing blanks. The special teams, unproductive on returns, also allowed a Dustin Colquitt punt to be blocked for a safety. Only first-year expansion teams are supposed to have so many deficiencies.

But once Damon Huard came in at quarterback — after Croyle injured his throwing hand trying to make a tackle on the return of his interception — the Chiefs got their act together. The defense did not allow another touchdown. Huard led three touchdown drives, which is what you’d expect an offense to achieve against the NFL’s 32nd-ranked defense.

Watching the Chiefs come back and lose was not exactly cause for celebration. But their signs of life pointed to a logical sequence for rebuilding.

If they can overhaul their offensive line, they should be competitive. If they also can strengthen their defensive interior and special teams, especially the return units, they’ll have a good chance to win.

For the Chiefs, the only troublesome aspect of Sunday’s rally was that it coincided with Croyle’s exit. His game-changing interception was the kind of mistake that cost him the chance to start opening day, and each reoccurrence raises a red flag.

Questionable durability was the main negative about Croyle when he was drafted in 2006. Despite not seeing regular action until November 11, he’s already missed one start because of a sore back and he lasted only until early in the second quarter Sunday. He’s 0-5 in his starts.

Young quarterbacks require extreme patience, especially when they have a weak supporting cast. But it’s hard to see how Edwards can commit to building his team around Croyle until he can minimize his interceptions, stay on the field and give the offense more of a spark. If Edwards doesn’t bring in another competitor for the quarterback job, he’ll be working without a net.

Huard’s passing — 305 yards, two touchdowns, 8.48 yards per attempt and a 111.5 passer rating — was instructive, too. Admittedly, we should take with a grain of salt a strong performance by a veteran backup who comes in with nothing to lose and comes up short at the end.

Yet, Huard’s performance reminded us that when his battered body gets a chance to heal, he can come off the bench and wake up the offense. He took another beating Sunday but kept dusting himself off. And the Chiefs scored in the fourth quarter for the first time in seven games.

Edwards will have a lot of personnel decisions to make in the offseason but maybe not a lot of tough ones. During a long losing streak, most decisions take care of themselves.

That thinking right there that we add a couple of players on each side of the ball, and we will be a contending team is what we have done for the past 10+ years. It is a shame that a 5 point loss to an equally bad Detroit team gives Rand the fuzzies that we are close.

xbarretx
12-25-2007, 10:59 AM
First, I don't believe anything anyone is saying about the draft right now, including the prognosticators. If you remember, this time several years ago Derrick Johnson was sure to come off the board in the top 3 picks. :rolleyes:

But...if Herm is speaking some form of truth, he needs to get his ears firmly boxed because he's taking away any leverage the Chiefs might have in a trade-down scenario. Team X, who is drafting #6, wants Ryan, but why worry about moving up b/c the Chiefs aren't going to take him...

maybe it is misdirection after all? time will tell what a watch wont

Halfcan
12-25-2007, 10:59 AM
Herm won't be drafting anyone-his stoopid ass will be fired.

the Talking Can
12-25-2007, 11:18 AM

This is ridiculous

repost!

:)

i keed....most of us (i.e NOT the Hutards and True Fans) saw this coming, but you described it well...

i'm worried about his health too, but I think it is important for the Franchise to move decisively one way or the other..if Croyle is our guy then: get a new OC and QB coach who can maximize his talents, fix the OL, give him every snap in offseason and preseason, make sure everyone from top to bottom knows that "he is the guy"....don't squeeze him into Herm's idot box of swing passes and punts...

i was depressed when he got injured against Detroit because I was hoping he'd break out against their D...but I still see talent in the kid

everything is risk, and yes, it could blow up in our faces...that's life with QBs...

Mecca
12-25-2007, 12:39 PM
He can have the best coaches in the world...it won't change that his build is his build and he's an injury prone player...

Over/Under on Brodie Croyle's games played in a full season.....10

DaneMcCloud
12-25-2007, 12:46 PM
Hey Herm...let me clue you in on something:
1. There's only 1 Peyton Manning, and the last "next" Peyton was his brother. That hasn't worked out so well, so you might want to pass on listening to the pundits. Ryan Leaf was highly touted too Herm.
2. Tom Brady was a no-namer 6th round pick...but he's worked out pretty well. Joe Montana was a 3rd round pick...he seemed to do pretty well also.

Yay! You just pointed out one of two third round choices to win the Super Bowl (Hostetler was the other) and one of two 6th round draft choices to win the Super Bowl (Rypien was the other). :rolleyes:

Drafting a QB in the first round is riskiest move a coach can make. Generally, his fate is attached to that QB. If the QB's a success, the coach generally isn't fired. If the QB's a failure, the coach is gone.

There's a better chance of being fired by choosing a first round QB than to have Super Bowl success.

And just give it a break: it's week 17 in the NFL. I would HOPE that Herm hasn't been spending his time evaluating college quarterbacks.

FloridaMan88
12-25-2007, 12:50 PM

So Herm making his decision even though he hasn't evaluated the top QBs likely to be in this year's draft and therefore has no clue... brilliant

FloridaMan88
12-25-2007, 12:55 PM
everything is risk, and yes, it could blow up in our faces...that's life with QBs...

I agree that going with ANY young QB would be a risk, but certain risks are more calculated than others. In 5 starts this season Croyle has had to leave the game due to injury and was unable to finish the game. Is it wise for the Chiefs to take such a huge risk on a guy who hasn't shown he has the durability to withstand a 16 game season as a starting QB?

If Croyle's injury problems continue next season, what are the Chiefs alternative options if they don't draft a QB? Go back to Huard? Go with a stopgap veteran QB that they might sign during the offseason? That puts the Chiefs right back where they are this season.

FloridaMan88
12-25-2007, 12:57 PM
I would also take any comments Herm is making now about Croyle being the starting QB in 2008 with a grain of salt. Wasn't it this same time a year ago that Herm declared that Trent Green would be the Chiefs starting QB in 2007?

HonestChieffan
12-25-2007, 01:05 PM
Anything this guy says is going to just drive away people. Carl needs to hire a spokesperson and get this dickweed in the background.

DaneMcCloud
12-25-2007, 02:33 PM
So Herm making his decision even though he hasn't evaluated the top QBs likely to be in this year's draft and therefore has no clue... brilliant

Hey genius,

Have YOU heard ANYONE, ANYWHERE proclaim that "X" college quarterback is the next Peyton Manning?

That's all he's saying.

PunkinDrublic
12-25-2007, 02:42 PM
One thing to remember is that Brodie finished out the faider game after getting that bruised back. Brodie wanted to keep playing, it was Herms decision to keep him out.

Brock
12-25-2007, 02:54 PM
The Chiefs QB next year will be Chad P, or Kyle Boller.

DaneMcCloud
12-25-2007, 03:06 PM
One thing to remember is that Brodie finished out the faider game after getting that bruised back. Brodie wanted to keep playing, it was Herms decision to keep him out.

It wasn't his "back".

It was his kidney.

ChiefsCountry
12-25-2007, 03:15 PM
The Chiefs QB next year will be Chad P, or Kyle Boller.

I would rather get Sage Rosenfels to be Brodie's backup.

Hydrae
12-25-2007, 04:08 PM
so if the rams win and we lose, who draft first, cause thats probably the determining factor on wheater we'll end up with Jake Long

Dunno about that. They had serious OL issues this year but most of that was due to Pace going down for the year. As long as they have Orlando they don't have a pressing need at LT.

cardken
12-25-2007, 04:19 PM
Strap in Fans it's going to be a bumpy next 3-4 years. I'll probably take a long over due break from the mediocracy. :banghead:

cardken
12-25-2007, 04:21 PM
Definition of INSANITY: Keep doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results. :banghead:

Micjones
12-25-2007, 04:58 PM
I'm curious - what do y'all expect out of a QB starting his first year with a shitty O-line and poor coaching? He's only started a few games.

Damon Huard laid that "Croyle couldn't possibly do anything with such a horrible offensive line" excuse to rest yesterday.

HonestChieffan
12-25-2007, 05:01 PM
id just like to see 3 games in a row without Brodie having an Owwy

Micjones
12-25-2007, 05:03 PM
Gift-wrapping the job for Croyle sure worked out well this year didn't it Herm?

Eleazar
12-25-2007, 06:52 PM
This is the first positive thing to come out of Arrowhead in a while. Either Croyle is the man, we say that every day until opening day next year, and he walks into camp with the job - or we draft someone else and start over.

I think he's shown potential. You have to get him at least a mediocre offensive line and give him a year to see if he can grow. I think he can.

This once again reveals how dumb it was to pick Huard in the preseason... we'd know a whole season's worth about Croyle, rather than 5 games' worth. Everyone involved in that decision and everyone who supported it should be castrated and their reproductive organs buried at the earth's core to prevent the spread of such stupidity on the earth ever again

Mr. Laz
12-25-2007, 07:05 PM
well that will help us with our trade value if a valuable QB is there when we pick.

teh idiot :shake:

12-25-2007, 07:11 PM
well that will help us with our trade value if a valuable QB is there when we pick.

teh idiot :shake:
Does that surprise you? the ****ing dumbass tells his opponents the game plan every week through the press.

I'm sorry. I almost forgot. he went to the playoffs 4 out of 7 years, and that's what ''he'' did with Tampa and the Jets, so it must be the right thing to do.

Extra Point
12-25-2007, 07:17 PM
I would also take any comments Herm is making now about Croyle being the starting QB in 2008 with a grain of salt. Wasn't it this same time a year ago that Herm declared that Trent Green would be the Chiefs starting QB in 2007?
Good recall, 88!

Mr. Laz
12-25-2007, 07:17 PM
Does that surprise you? the ****ing dumbass tells his opponents the game plan every week through the press.

I'm sorry. I almost forgot. he went to the playoffs 4 out of 7 years, and that's what ''he'' did with Tampa and the Jets, so it must be the right thing to do.
sadly .... it doesn't surprise me. :(

unless he really plans on drafting a QB if one is available and this comment was really a smoke screen ..... now, that would surprise me.

NEVER ........... tell people what your draft plans are, it's too important.

Mecca
12-25-2007, 07:33 PM
This is the first positive thing to come out of Arrowhead in a while. Either Croyle is the man, we say that every day until opening day next year, and he walks into camp with the job - or we draft someone else and start over.

I think he's shown potential. You have to get him at least a mediocre offensive line and give him a year to see if he can grow. I think he can.

This once again reveals how dumb it was to pick Huard in the preseason... we'd know a whole season's worth about Croyle, rather than 5 games' worth. Everyone involved in that decision and everyone who supported it should be castrated and their reproductive organs buried at the earth's core to prevent the spread of such stupidity on the earth ever again

So if he gets hurt every 3 games again do we still go "oh cmon he needs a chance he has the talent!"

The Bad Guy
12-25-2007, 07:50 PM
injuries yes, but that can be worked on the off season by adding some weight. he just needs to bulk up a bit and that should aid. also with him plying a full season his conditioning and workout routine can and should be better set to aid him.

by bad season i mean rc mistakes and INT's

geeze, dont make me sweep the leg, put you in a body bag, and then use the crane technique while making your knuckles bleed. dont you know that FEAR DOES NOT EXIST IN THE DOJO, DOES IT? ;)

Do you mean to tell me he didn't prepare last offseason to be the starter?

If injury prone guys could just "add weight", there would be far less players hitting the injury report every week.

Easy 6
12-25-2007, 08:57 PM
I think it is important for the Franchise to move decisively one way or the other..if Croyle is our guy then: get a new OC and QB coach who can maximize his talents, fix the OL, give him every snap in offseason and preseason, make sure everyone from top to bottom knows that "he is the guy".

Exactly, they need to move right now to solidify the QB spot...name him starter right now so he & the team can get used to the idea, so we can eliminate a draft concern.

If it were up to some here...we'd bring in a hotshot rookie every year, play him 5 or 6 games & then can his ass when he didnt make the Pro-Bowl.

The Merry-Go-Round needs to stop at Brodie, it takes time & atleast a decent team around them to "grow" a QB.

FloridaMan88
12-25-2007, 09:03 PM
The Merry-Go-Round needs to stop at Brodie, it takes time & atleast a decent team around them to "grow" a QB.

But how do you grow a QB that is too injured to grow? 5 starts and 2 injuries sustained that forced him to leave the game.

I would have no problem with sticking with Croyle next year, strictly based on his performance as a starting QB this season. 5 TDs, 6 INTs, 58% or so completion % and about a 70 QB rating... not bad for a first year starter. I would have no problem with the Chiefs entering next season with Croyle as the primary option based on that performance. What concerns me greatly is the fact Croyle can't stay healthy.

Mecca
12-25-2007, 09:16 PM
Exactly, they need to move right now to solidify the QB spot...name him starter right now so he & the team can get used to the idea, so we can eliminate a draft concern.

If it were up to some here...we'd bring in a hotshot rookie every year, play him 5 or 6 games & then can his ass when he didnt make the Pro-Bowl.

Those of us that have an issue with him, it's because he's made of glass not because of his performance. So I'd like to see people that support him address that issue, how do you develop or stick with a guy that's history says and he's showing it now, that he can't stay on the field?

smittysbar
12-25-2007, 09:16 PM
Damon Huard laid that "Croyle couldn't possibly do anything with such a horrible offensive line" excuse to rest yesterday.

Give me a break! Huard had 10 week to prove himself and failed miserably

Easy 6
12-25-2007, 10:23 PM
Those of us that have an issue with him, it's because he's made of glass not because of his performance. So I'd like to see people that support him address that issue, how do you develop or stick with a guy that's history says and he's showing it now, that he can't stay on the field?

Brodie took a knee to the friggin' kidney, a good hard one of those would have sidelined just about anyone.

He injured his wrist trying to take on a runner & 2 blockers...again, an injury that could happen to anyone...especially when its a skinny QB.

ChiefaRoo
12-25-2007, 10:26 PM
Brodie took a knee to the friggin' kidney, a good hard one of those would have sidelined just about anyone.

He injured his wrist trying to take on a runner & 2 blockers...again, an injury that could happen to anyone...especially when its a skinny QB.

The injuries could be legit but the fact is Brodie has to stay on the field and play through pain to lead the team. Unfortunately we don't know if he can do that or not yet.

stonedstooge
12-25-2007, 11:09 PM
If Croyle would have taken a 4th of the shots Huard took he would be in a nursing home now. I know he has a quick arm, but when you look at his arms, hell I think mine look more muscular and I'm 48 years old. You look at Favres arms and they look like he's an arm wrestler. He needs to do something to strengthen his arms. He just lookl like a woose.

Chiefs_5627
12-25-2007, 11:14 PM
If Croyle would have taken a 4th of the shots Huard took he would be in a nursing home now. I know he has a quick arm, but when you look at his arms, hell I think mine look more muscular and I'm 48 years old. You look at Favres arms and they look like he's an arm wrestler. He needs to do something to strengthen his arms. He just lookl like a woose.

Look at Marc Bulger, dude looks like a kicker but has a good arm and when healthy is one of the top QBs in the league. Besides, it sounded like he wouldve played the game with bruised kidney and all but they held him out because they knew he was sore.

BigRedChief
12-26-2007, 06:07 AM
Mother ****ing hell.

I like Croyle, I like his arm, mobility. I just don't like that he's made of glass.True dat. You forget he was injured in high school also.

As far as him hitting the weight room and putting on the muscle? BS! Why hasn't it happened by now? He went to a big time cvollege program. He's done a lot of rehab on his knees. He's had the oppertunity to bulk up and he hasn't.

And say by some miracle he does. Would that have helped a wrist sprain? A hit in the back during a routine tackle? Maybe? but he's had issues with injuries in high school, college and been injured twice in 5 games in the NFL. That doesn't concern anyone?

Yes, he's got the rocket arm, can throw the deep ball but if you are not on the field, why does it matter how much of a rocket arm you have?

Mr. Laz
12-26-2007, 04:21 PM
Herm is full backpedal now...

"Brodie is the QB of the future .......... BUT HE HAS TO BE AVAILABLE"

ROFL

Mecca
12-26-2007, 04:22 PM
Double speak....

Mr. Laz
12-26-2007, 04:23 PM
Double speak....
full-of-shit speak

Herm has been full-of-shit since he walked through the front door :shake:

Pablo
12-26-2007, 04:28 PM
He just lookl like a woose.

Better to look like a woose than a wuss I suppose.

chiefsfan1963
12-26-2007, 05:53 PM
we'll draft a qb in the later rounds.

FAX
12-26-2007, 05:59 PM
This Croyle deal is bothering me.

I believe in his abilities. I really do. He showed a lot of that poise stuff in college and broke some pretty significant records previously set by some all-time greats. He overcame his injuries in college and I thought that, after he was drafted and got into an NFL-caliber regimen in the training room, he'd put on some weight and build some strength. But this is different.

The kidney injury was a freak deal. So is the hand. Frankly, I'm starting to wonder if he has one of those little, black, rain clouds hovering over his hairdo. That would be bad. However, it might also mean that he and his wife are destined to part which would be good. On the other hand, it might mean that we wind up with no quarterback which would be bad. Yet, it could mean that Herm's tenure would be shortened, which would be good.

It's difficult to know what to think.

FAX

Frankie
12-26-2007, 06:04 PM
The kidney injury was a freak deal. So is the hand. Frankly, I'm starting to wonder if he has one of those little, black, rain clouds hovering over his hairdo.
FAX
EURIKA!!!.... THAT'S IT MR. FAX!!... IT'S THE DAMN HAIRDO. Herm needs to give him a mullet or an Afro or something.

Mecca
12-26-2007, 06:05 PM
He's just injury prone, it also comes down to toughness. You think Brett Favre wouldn't have played? You're gonna get hit, be hurting, it's who can still play and play well with it.

FAX
12-26-2007, 06:06 PM
EURIKA!!!.... THAT'S IT MR. FAX!!... IT'S THE DAMN HAIRDO. Herm needs to give him a mullet or an Afro or something.

Croyle needs to do something to alter his karma.

Perhaps he should rub Carl's belly before the game.

FAX

FAX
12-26-2007, 06:07 PM
He's just injury prone, it also comes down to toughness. You think Brett Favre wouldn't have played? You're gonna get hit, be hurting, it's who can still play and play well with it.

The hand injury has nothing to do with "toughness". Neither does a bruised kidney.

FAX

Mecca
12-26-2007, 06:15 PM
Playing with it does....

Favre played nearly a full season with a broken thumb on his throwing hand.

FAX
12-26-2007, 06:19 PM
Playing with it does....

Don't ruin my Christmas, damn it.

I thought it was a sprain, anyhow.

FAX

Skip Towne
12-26-2007, 07:03 PM

FAX
I heard it was swole.

FAX
12-26-2007, 07:21 PM
I heard it was swole.

Swole, sprainitized, whatever. One would think that Fav-ah-rah would play without his friggin' head. Let's ask him.

US: Hey Fav-ah-rah! What's up dude?

FAV-AH-RAH: Not much. Got any beer?

US: Sure, but you can't have any 'cause you just lost to Chicago. We want to ask you a question, though. Would you play without a head?

FAV-AH-RAH: Sure, man. I love the game. I love the guys, man. I just go out there and have fun. Head or no head. Hey ... would I get my head back after the game?

US: Sure you would. I don't think anybody else would want it. But listen, if you didn't have a head, it would be hard to see the receivers.

FAV-AH-RAH: Yeah. But I don't look at them anyways. Too much trouble. Those sonsabitches run all over the place. I just love the game and go out there to have fun. When I get the ball, I just heave that bastard up there, man. That's fun.

US: What about the signals? With no head or stuff, you couldn't call any signals.

FAV-AH-RAH: Who gives a sh*t? I just go out there and have fun, man. Sometimes I make up plays anyhow and we just have fun. Let somebody else call 'em and when I get the ball, I'll just heave that bastard up there. That's some fun stuff, right there.

US: Okay. Well, I guess Mr. Mecca is right then.

FAV-AH-RAH: Hey! You want to have some fun? I got some guns and a dog in my car. Let's have us some fun and see how far we can heave this dog.

US: Maybe sometime. I have some posting to do right now.

FAX

Coogs
12-26-2007, 09:14 PM
Here is a new Matt Ryan scouting report from nfldraftcountdown. Not the type of report that makes me want to take this guy in the first round....

Matt Ryan
Height: 6-5 | Weight: 218 | 40-Time: 4.90

Official Bio

Strengths:
Good size and a big frame...Smart and understands how to read a defense...Is a natural born leader...Solid technique and mechanics...Displays great poise...Good touch and timing...Able to buy time in the pocket...Throws well on the run...A hard worker...Has experience running a pro style offense...Top-notch competitor and a winner...Is tough, strong and fearless...Productive and had an outstanding senior campaign...Very dedicated and extremely passionate about the game of football.

Weaknesses:
Arm strength is only average...Still throws too many interceptions...Accuracy can be streaky...Struggles with the deep ball...A bit of a gunslinger who will play too recklessly at times...Not very mobile and won't beat you with his feet...May have some minor durability issues...Isn't a great athlete...May not have a huge upside.

Notes:
Nickname is "Matty Ice"...Overthrew Quinton Porter to take over the starting job in 2005...Was plagued by a broken foot as a junior...Really emerged as a top pro prospect as a senior, propelling his team to a great season even though he was surrounded by ordinary talent...Physical tools aren't special but they're adequate across the board and his intangibles are second to none...A safe pick who should become a solid starter at the next level but probably isn't a franchise signal caller.

Coogs
12-26-2007, 09:18 PM
Here is what they have to say about Brohm...

Brian Brohm
Height: 6-4 | Weight: 224 | 40-Time: 4.80

Official Bio

Strengths:
Has good size and a solid frame...Mechanically sound...Doesn't have a cannon but arm strength is more than adequate...Has a terrific football IQ and knows how to read a defense...Very smart and doesn't make many bad decisions...Hard worker with great intangibles who loves the game and wants to improve...Gets rid of the ball quickly...Good accuracy, touch and timing...Decent athlete...Moves well in the pocket...Has lots of experience...Very productive at every level...Good bloodlines.

Weaknesses:
Required surgery for a torn ACL in 2005, torn ligaments in his thumb in 2006 and most recently went under the knife to repair his non-throwing shoulder in January of '07...Played in an offensive system that pumped up his numbers and didn't ask him to make a lot of difficult throws...Mobility is very limited and he isn't much of a threat to scramble...Could be more of a vocal leader...May not have a big upside.

Notes:
Was the fourth Brohm to play football for the Cardinals following in the footsteps of his dad, Oscar, and brothers, Greg and Jeff...Brother Jeff is currently Louisville's quarterbacks coach and was an NFL journeyman in the mid and late 1990's ...One of the premier recruits in the nation coming out of high school and took home just about every prep accolade imaginable...Was selected by the Colorado Rockies in the 49th round of the 2004 MLB amateur draft...Would appear to be a prototype franchise quarterback but he has some serious question marks when it comes to durability and the system he played in that cloud his future...A boom or bust type.

Mecca
12-26-2007, 09:19 PM
Now it doesn't say it but Ryan has excellent pocket awareness. He moves just enough and feels guys.

Coogs
12-26-2007, 09:20 PM
Woodson...

Quarterback | Senior | Kentucky André Woodson
Height: 6-5 | Weight: 230 | 40-Time: 4.80

Official Bio

Strengths:
Has prototypical size and a solid frame...Has a very strong arm and can make all the throws...Accurate passer...Good touch and timing...Makes good decisions for the most part and doesn't turn the ball over...Decent athlete who moves well in the pocket and can scramble...Is tough and durable...Will stand tall in the face of pressure...Excellent intangibles in terms of leadership and work ethic...Was very productive the past couple of years...Still improving and has considerable upside.

Weaknesses:
May need to have the mechanics of his delivery refined...Will run hot and cold at times and needs to be more consistent...Can run a bit but won't be mistaken for Michael Vick or Vince Young anytime soon...Played out of the shotgun a lot...Has some issues when it comes to reading coverages...Has too much confidence in his arm strength...Puts too much air under some throws...Needs some development.

Notes:
From a military family which led to him moving around a lot when he was younger including stops in Germany and Hawaii...Was almost benched as a junior before turning his career around and starting to fulfill that vast potential...The TD / INT ratio from his junior and senior seasons was fantastic...Has all the physical tools you look for in a pro signal caller but isn't a finished product by any stretch of the imagination...Has the highest ceiling of any quarterback prospect in this draft but also has a big basement as well...May reward a team that is willing to be patient.

FAX
12-26-2007, 09:20 PM
The day we draft a quarterback because he "feels guys" is the day I start my own football league.

FAX

Coogs
12-26-2007, 09:22 PM
and Brennan...

Colt Brennan
Height: 6-3 | Weight: 190 | 40-Time: 4.85

Official Bio

Strengths:
Was extraordinarily productive...Good height with the frame to get bigger...Very accurate...Arm strength is adequate...Has a quick release...Displays terrific touch and timing...A decent athlete who moves well in the pocket...Smart...Knows how to read a defense and go through his progressions...Super confident and poised under pressure...Has shown maturity in owning up to his past mistakes...A leader.

Weaknesses:
Played in a run-and-shoot system that inflated his stats...Worked mostly out of the shotgun and wasn't asked to make many NFL reads or throws...Needs to add weight and bulk up...Throwing motion is very unorthodox and his sidearm delivery leads to passes getting knocked down...Has some character concerns... Is not a finished product and will need some technique work...Somewhat of a gunslinger who will play recklessly and take unnecessary risks...Bust potential is significant.

Notes:
Backed up Matt Leinart at Mater Dei High School...Later spent a year at Worcester Academy prep school where he played with former New Hampshire wideout David Ball...Began his college career at Colorado as a walk-on where he redshirted as a freshman..Convicted of first-degree criminal trespass and second-degree burglary in 2004 after he allegedly entered a female students dorm room and fondled her, which led to his almost immediate dismissal from the football team...Wound up at Saddleback Community College and after a standout season there he was offered an opportunity to walk-on at Hawaii...Holds numerous NCAA records including the career mark for passing touchdowns...Much, much better pro prospect than Timmy Chang was but that "System QB" label still lingers and he will have to overcome the failures of other high-profile run-and-shoot guys such as Andre Ware & David Klinger...If he lands with a top-notch quarterbacks coach and is handled properly Brennan has the ability to start at the next level...At this point there are still more questions than answers with this guy, which makes him an awfully risky prospect.

Mecca
12-26-2007, 09:24 PM
The day we draft a quarterback because he "feels guys" is the day I start my own football league.

FAX

HAHA, well you know what I meant by that......it's to bad Croyle doesn't possess that ability.

Coogs
12-26-2007, 09:29 PM
and one for the Michigan fans...

Chad Henne
Height: 6-2 | Weight: 224 | 40-Time: 5.15

Official Bio

Strengths:
Has a strong, solid build...Excellent arm strength and can make all the throws...Is very smart...Displays good touch and timing...Has a quick release...Pretty durable overall...Terrific leader...Has a ton of experience against top competition...Football junkie who loves the game...Throws a nice deep ball...Very productive...Hails from a program with a strong reputation when it comes to producing pro quarterbacks.

Weaknesses:
Accuracy is inconsistent...Struggles under pressure and needs time to throw...Will stare down his targets...Height is just average...Not very mobile and isn't a threat to run...May need to have his mechanics tweaked...His footwork is shaky...Sloppy with his fundamentals..Holds the ball too long...Is streaky and prone to mistakes.

Notes:
Took over immediately as a true freshman and was a four-year starter in the Big Ten...Battled through an injury plagued and disappointing senior campaign...Might be a victim of over-analysis...Should at the very least enjoy a nice long career as a backup and certainly has the talent and physical tools to be a starter in the NFL.

the Talking Can
12-26-2007, 09:45 PM
Pennington, Couch, Akili Smith...

banyon
12-26-2007, 10:01 PM
Woodson...

Quarterback | Senior | Kentucky André Woodson
Height: 6-5 | Weight: 230 | 40-Time: 4.80

From a military family which led to him moving around a lot when he was younger including stops in Germany and Hawaii...Was almost benched as a junior before turning his career around and starting to fulfill that vast potential...The TD / INT ratio from his junior and senior seasons was fantastic...Has all the physical tools you look for in a pro signal caller but isn't a finished product by any stretch of the imagination...Has the highest ceiling of any quarterback prospect in this draft but also has a big basement as well...May reward a team that is willing to be patient.

Sh**, I guess the Chiefs are out.

Mecca
12-26-2007, 10:04 PM
Pennington, Couch, Akili Smith...

That's a bit harsh........

If you think this is bad, next years class is way worse. So if you are in the "give Croyle next year and go from there" the QB's in next years class are far worse...

ChiefaRoo
12-26-2007, 10:05 PM
I'll bet any of you guys that KC brings in a Free Agent QB.

Rasputin
12-26-2007, 10:05 PM
Playing with it does....

Is that the season he had like agazilion INTs?

FloridaMan88
12-26-2007, 10:07 PM

Chad Pennington, JP Losman or Kyle Boller... all Herm type of QBs

ChiefaRoo
12-26-2007, 10:10 PM
Chad Pennington, JP Losman or Kyle Boller... all Herm type of QBs

If they don't do a trade I would hope it would be McNabb but I could see them bringing in one of these guys hoping Brodie beats them out.

When you think about it they almost have to bring in a vet otherwise they are putting all their eggs in the Brodie basket and if they miss on him Tony G. is going to be getting close to retirement.

Mecca
12-26-2007, 10:11 PM
Brodie can't even beat out Huard......

the Talking Can
12-26-2007, 10:12 PM

wow...you're that dishonest?

april can't get here fast enough....

ChiefaRoo
12-26-2007, 10:14 PM

I bet he could beat Huard next year. The real question is can Brodie stay healthy.

stevieray
12-26-2007, 10:14 PM

FAX

Comparing Brody to Brett is either one of two things, they possibly could be on the same level, or someone is just a whiny bitch who resorts to "comparing" porsches to pintos in an incessant, insecure need to be right.

the Talking Can
12-26-2007, 10:15 PM
That's a bit harsh........

If you think this is bad, next years class is way worse. So if you are in the "give Croyle next year and go from there" the QB's in next years class are far worse...

i don't give a flying fig about next year's class...they have nothing to do with the talent of this year's class...I haven't seen or read anything to make me think there is a must have QB...

i think you feel the same way or you would be exponentially more obnoxious about it....

Mecca
12-26-2007, 10:15 PM
wow...you're that dishonest?

april can't get here fast enough....

It was a smartass remark, but in all honesty, he didn't do much to win that job in the preseason...

I think the worst part right now is knowing that the Chiefs lost 25-20 because Huard came in.....that game looked like it was gonna be 41-3 with Croyle in.

So far I am not seeing it, mistakes come with being young but this guy can't even make it through half a year.

Skip Towne
12-26-2007, 10:16 PM
Jake Plummer? He can throw with either hand. He's amphibious.

Mecca
12-26-2007, 10:16 PM
Comparing Brody to Brett is either one of two things, they possibly could be on the same level, or someone is just a whiny bitch who resorts to "comparing" porsches to pintos in an incessant, insecure need to be right.

I can use plenty of other examples.....starting QB's have to ****in play period. If he's gonna get hurt every 3 games and then come out and not play, he's not a starter.

He's already missed more games than several guys have combined over their careers.

Mecca
12-26-2007, 10:17 PM
i don't give a flying fig about next year's class...they have nothing to do with the talent of this year's class...I haven't seen or read anything to make me think there is a must have QB...

i think you feel the same way or you would be exponentially more obnoxious about it....

Ok so here's what I'll say.....

Say they go with Croyle next year, he's not good, gets injured whatever...what do you do then? Just keep going with him?

ChiefaRoo
12-26-2007, 10:19 PM

Hi Skip! Are you burning that chunk of coal you got for Christmas last night?

the Talking Can
12-26-2007, 10:20 PM
Ok so here's what I'll say.....

Say they go with Croyle next year, he's not good, gets injured whatever...what do you do then? Just keep going with him?

unless you think there is a must have franchise QB this year, you play Croyle again...like I said, I don't believe you really think there is....if you do, say so..otherwise, spare us the 4000 snide comments between now and april...

Mecca
12-26-2007, 10:22 PM
And then since the Chiefs pick high for a few years and FA, by the time there's a guy you think is a franchise QB, the team is mediocre enough to not pick high enough to take him...

So we are stuck....

stevieray
12-26-2007, 10:29 PM
I can use plenty of other examples.....starting QB's have to ****in play period. If he's gonna get hurt every 3 games and then come out and not play, he's not a starter.

He's already missed more games than several guys have combined over their careers.

I don't give a crap if you use a 100 examples, comparing Brodie to Brett Favre is not only ignorant, it's infantile...it's what insecure people do.. You don't have a clue.about Brodies future..you're just hoping for and and now assuming the worst for no other reason other than creating a reason to be here.

Skip Towne
12-26-2007, 10:30 PM
And then since the Chiefs pick high for a few years and FA, by the time there's a guy you think is a franchise QB, the team is mediocre enough to not pick high enough to take him...

So we are stuck....
It's Catch 22. We're grounded until we get more flying hours.

macdawg
12-26-2007, 10:31 PM
if they can successfully fill half the holes this team has it'd be a miracle.

1. Left Tackle
2. Center
3. Right Guard
4. QB
5. WR
6. DT
7. MLB (and need to replace Donnie on the outside soon)
8. Corner

Mecca
12-26-2007, 10:31 PM
Yea his history says he's not injury prone, uh huh. Just like "oh you don't know shit about LJ" after he got 400 carries and what history said about that...

You make calculated guesses based on history, history says Brodie Croyle is injury prone and so far he has done nothing but prove it to be true.

If you can give me a QB currently playing that is of high status that routinely misses games I'd love to hear it.

the Talking Can
12-26-2007, 10:32 PM

So we are stuck....

if you think there is a QB we have take this year, then say so...jesus...

Deberg_1990
12-26-2007, 10:33 PM
If you can give me a QB currently playing that is of high status that routinely misses games I'd love to hear it.

Donovan McNabb

Mecca
12-26-2007, 10:34 PM
Donovan McNabb

The Eagles haven't been nearly as good since he became injury prone either....

Deberg_1990
12-26-2007, 10:37 PM
The Eagles haven't been nearly as good since he became injury prone either....

Which further solidifies your point.

A franchise QB MUST be available to play.

Steve McNair would be another guy.

Mecca
12-26-2007, 10:39 PM

A franchise QB MUST be available to play.

Steve McNair would be another guy.

Thank you......

Buf obviously I'm wrong and know nothing because I can't predict the future or whatever funny shit Stevie comes up with next.

Deberg_1990
12-26-2007, 10:45 PM
Thank you......

Buf obviously I'm wrong and know nothing because I can't predict the future or whatever funny shit Stevie comes up with next.

I wont take sides in the war.

All ill say is if i was running the team and saw a QB with an injury history like Croyles, i wouldnt exactly feel too comfortable handing the long term reigns to him.

doomy3
12-26-2007, 10:45 PM
Mecca, would you say the same thing about Adrian Peterson of the Vikes? If Chester Taylor wasn't there, would you think they needed to draft a RB?

Deberg_1990
12-26-2007, 10:48 PM
If Chester Taylor wasn't there, would you think they needed to draft a RB?

Yes, obviously

You can NEVER have too many good RB's.

doomy3
12-26-2007, 10:49 PM
Yes, obviously

You can NEVER have too many good RB's.

So, maybe we are talking about the wrong position. LJ is obviously injury prone too, so maybe we need to draft another RB.

Rasputin
12-26-2007, 10:49 PM
Never mind that Brodie did stay in the pocket and take some hard hits and got right back up. The "injuries" A BRUISED kidney & twisted or steped on hand that made it swole. Those were legit injuries that would have kept anybody out. (exept the undead Farvre)

Brodie has taken shots, taken shots. I remember his first hit against Da Bears. He got right back up and threw some daggers and the Bears got scared. He has taken several sacks and been nocked around after getting rid of the ball. JHC the kid has taken some good hits and kept getting up afterward. He has NOT gone into the Huard fetal position either. He stands tall in the pocket and delivers the ball. The two things that will help Brodie be successfull. One, good pass blocking to give him time to do something with the ball. & Two experience. Experience is the best tool for Brodie to learn and get better.

I like Brodie and I think he has what it takes to be an elite. It is going to take some time grooming him and some tallent around him. Brady is elite, look at the tallent around him. Peyton is elite, look at the tallent around him. Give Brodie time & D Bowe time, touchdown city!!

Mecca
12-26-2007, 10:50 PM
Mecca, would you say the same thing about Adrian Peterson of the Vikes? If Chester Taylor wasn't there, would you think they needed to draft a RB?

I think that is a little different, I don't remotely view RB's and QB's the same. I've talked all about that before...

I also still think it's smarter to go with the QB first here, things go faster if you start with the QB and surround him than starting at other places. Maybe if Brodie Croyle could stay on the field I'd think he could be the guy but as of now he can't and never has..

Croyle is likely a backup, he continues to show why he had the injury knocks, he can't hold up for 16 games.

stevieray
12-26-2007, 10:50 PM
Yea his history says he's not injury prone, uh huh. Just like "oh you don't know shit about LJ" after he got 400 carries and what history said about that...

You make calculated guesses based on history, history says Brodie Croyle is injury prone and so far he has done nothing but prove it to be true.

History also shows that he comes back from injury....Fred Taylor spent many years hurt, ya he sucks big time...

routinely misses games? which routine? he hasn't even had the chance to start a complete season...he misses on game from a knee in the back and you've got his future all figured out...

Where's your hero Julius Peppers? Jared is obviously better because he's not on IR... :rolleyes:

Mecca
12-26-2007, 10:51 PM
So, maybe we are talking about the wrong position. LJ is obviously injury prone too, so maybe we need to draft another RB.

We shouldn't have kept him to begin with......signing RB's to 2nd contracts is not good business, especially one that just broke the carry record...

His contract really sucks for us because we should be moving on from him now but now we have to use him for 3 more years, say hello to Eddie George.

stevieray
12-26-2007, 10:52 PM
Thank you......

oh look, the dallas cowgirl circle jerk.

Deberg_1990
12-26-2007, 10:52 PM

Well Smith has proven to be a decent enough backup, but most teams could draft a RB every year.

Wouldnt surprise me to see the Chiefs draft one with a later round pick again.

Just for depth.

dirk digler
12-26-2007, 10:53 PM
After reading what Coogs posted I don't see any "franchise" QB's except possibly Woodson.

Herm is right there is no Peyton Mannings or Carson Palmers in this draft group

Mecca
12-26-2007, 10:53 PM
History also shows that he comes back from injury....Fred Taylor spent many years hurt, ya he sucks big time...

routinely misses games? which routine? he hasn't even had the chance to start a complete season...he misses on game from a knee in the back and you've got his future all figured out...

Where's your hero Julius Peppers? Jared is obviously better because he's not on IR... :rolleyes:

Really has Peppers blown both his ACL's? I'm sure his injury this year makes him as bad as Croyle who gets hurt basically every year going back to high school...

I got no personal issue with you but this take is hilarious to me. The guy is injury prone, go read any scouting report on him it's his first knock. By this logic I guess we should bring back Kendrell Bell we don't know what his future is either!

This rosie view of all these players is funny to me, you have to judge them harshly and smartly not that "everyone is gonna work out"

stevieray
12-26-2007, 10:55 PM

sure does, consdiering one guy makes a football team.

some guys get hurt on fluke plays, the game is a violent sport...yet if someone gets hurt...he's prone to injury...Terrell Davis?

How bout Fred Taylor?

Mecca
12-26-2007, 10:56 PM

You can take some pot shots and shield your eyes man it's cool, I wish I could be that blind to some things but oh well.

Deberg_1990
12-26-2007, 10:57 PM

Go Romo!!

You know you would take him as the next KC Chiefs QB! LOL

Mecca
12-26-2007, 10:58 PM

some guys get hurt on fluke plays, the game is a violent sport...yet if someone gets hurt...he's prone to injury...Terrell Davis?

How bout Fred Taylor?

Because RB's and QB's are similar right, if your QB the leader of your offense the most important player on the field can not stay on the field, you're screwed.

But then again you don't see how Croyle has an injury prone past because "he missed 2 games"

dirk digler

How bout Fred Taylor?

Stevie doesn't his durability at least concern you a little bit?

It does me.

stevieray
Really has Peppers blown both his ACL's? I'm sure his injury this year makes him as bad as Croyle who gets hurt basically every year going back to high school...

ROFL...now you are comparing a DE to a QB?

I can play this bs game...until JP blows both ACL's and comes back, his toughness can't touch Brodies

Mecca
12-26-2007, 10:59 PM
This is obviously pointless, Stevie is a rather ardent homer that doesn't care that Brodie Croyle is about as durable as a glass doll.

You brought that comparison first so I brought it back to you, do as you wish to you I'll never be a good enough fan I'm sure.

doomy3
12-26-2007, 11:00 PM
I just don't want the Chiefs to draft a QB just to draft one if they don't feel like there is a legit franchise QB in this draft. If there is a legit franchise LT, DT, CB then I think you take that if there is not a QB you like. Then, maybe next year there is a guy they like as a frachise QB instead of reaching for one now.

stevieray
12-26-2007, 11:01 PM

It does me.

Since when is any player's durabiltiy guaranteed? I'd bet that most players that never get hurt would consider themselves pretty damn lucky.

Rasputin
12-26-2007, 11:01 PM
This is obviously pointless, Stevie is a rather ardent homer that doesn't care that Brodie Croyle is about as durable as a glass doll.

You brought that comparison first so I brought it back to you, do as you wish to you I'll never be a good enough fan I'm sure.

Have you seen the shots, sacks that Brodie has taken and got right back up? He has taken some serious shots and got right back up so how is that Glass?

Frankie
12-26-2007, 11:02 PM
Here is a new Matt Ryan scouting report from nfldraftcountdown. Not the type of report that makes me want to take this guy in the first round....

Really emerged as a top pro prospect as a senior, propelling his team to a great season even though he was surrounded by ordinary talent...Physical tools aren't special but they're adequate across the board .....
OH NO!!... Another Todd Blackledge.

We drafted TB in the top ten based only on his Senior year "emergance."... Yikes!!

Deberg_1990
12-26-2007, 11:03 PM

Stevie still thinks that Todd Blackledge and Mike Elkins have solid NFL futures ahead of them. :)

Mecca
12-26-2007, 11:04 PM
Stevie still thinks that Todd Blackledge and Mike Elkins have solid NFL futures ahead of them. :)

His argument does amuse me, "You don't know their futures! who cares that he's not durable, durability is just luck!" uh yea ok...

GM's with stances like that don't have jobs.

stevieray
12-26-2007, 11:04 PM

ardent homer? you don't have a damn clue....

"I'll never be a good enough fan I'm sure"

:rolleyes: do you ever get tired of being the victim?

FAX
12-26-2007, 11:05 PM

It does me.

It's a strange situation, Mr. dirk digler. A normal person with a brain and all that kind of stuff would have to admit that the kidney attack was a bit of a freak injury. As was the hand deal which was incurred whilst attempting to tackle an enemy (which wasn't smart, by the way). Still, if Croyle had run the other way, people would be calling him a pansy for avoiding contact.

And, Mr. stevieray is correct. Croyle has overcome injuries in the past and stood tall in the pocket after getting blasted a few times.

Nevertheless, the guy is always going down with this and that. It's very concerning.

FAX

ChiefaRoo
12-26-2007, 11:05 PM
Mike Elkins LMAO

Mecca
12-26-2007, 11:06 PM
ardent homer? you don't have a damn clue....

"I'll never be a good enough fan I'm sure"

:rolleyes: do you ever get tired of being the victim?

I get tired of you acting like you're a better fan....that's about it.

How about a factual stance than shit like "oh that's just luck" or "you don't know the future!"

Deberg_1990
12-26-2007, 11:07 PM
His argument does amuse me, "You don't know their futures!

Hes exactly right. You dont know their futures so you make a decision based on the facts of their past. Thats all you can go on.

Croyles injury history since high school isnt pretty. and now hes missed 3 games out of 6 in the NFL. not good.

stevieray
12-26-2007, 11:08 PM

I'm sorry, I can't understand you with the dallas cowboys deep in your mouth..

Frankie
12-26-2007, 11:08 PM
I think you mean ambidextrous. But JP IS amphibious.

dirk digler
12-26-2007, 11:09 PM
Since when is any player's durabiltiy guaranteed? I'd bet that most players that never get hurt would consider themselves pretty damn lucky.

It is not guaranteed but you have to admit his history of being injured is a concern. Heck Herm even said that today in his press conference that QB's need to be available if they are not they are useless.

I will say this I haven't made up my mind on Brodie yet but after listening to KK today (which I never do) he made some good points outside of his durability issues.

His point was after 2 months of starting Brodie has made 0 plays to help this team win a game and his accuracy is questionable at best.

I remember last season watching Vince Young and Cutler and you could see how good those 2 are going to be be because they would make a bad play but then come back and make 2-3 great plays to win a game.

Brodie hasn't even come close to doing that and outside of his durability I just don't think he has the "it" to be a starting franchise QB in the NFL.

Mecca
12-26-2007, 11:10 PM

This is exactly what I'm talking about, anytime there's a critique of the Chiefs by some of us, you come back with shit like that, basically questioning our fandom. What's that about?

I'm sorry we all can't drop money on season tickets or dress like Elvis to prove we are better fans than you.

Deberg_1990
12-26-2007, 11:12 PM

Ill admit,

IM rather envious of Pats and Cowboys fans.

How could you not be?? Id love to have that sort of franchise to brag about.

dirk digler
12-26-2007, 11:14 PM
It's a strange situation, Mr. dirk digler. A normal person with a brain and all that kind of stuff would have to admit that the kidney attack was a bit of a freak injury. As was the hand deal which was incurred whilst attempting to tackle an enemy (which wasn't smart, by the way). Still, if Croyle had run the other way, people would be calling him a pansy for avoiding contact.

And, Mr. stevieray is correct. Croyle has overcome injuries in the past and stood tall in the pocket after getting blasted a few times.

Nevertheless, the guy is always going down with this and that. It's very concerning.

FAX

I agree Fax and maybe Croyle is just one of those guys that is unlucky and gets hurt alot. :shrug:

Frankie
12-26-2007, 11:15 PM
You don't have a clue.about Brodies future..you're just hoping for and and now assuming the worst .....
EXACTLY.

Why is Mecca so sure that Croyle WILL fail or WILL get injured next tear? The rest of us can't be sure of anything. Could it be that if we get him a solid O-line he might survive? Why not think that way?

stevieray
12-26-2007, 11:16 PM
I get tired of you acting like you're a better fan....that's about it.

How about a factual stance than shit like "oh that's just luck" or "you don't know the future!"

Better fan? there's your insecure comparison mantra again...

you mean the fact that you ignored? like the abilty to come back from injury?

are you going to claim that all injuries aren't ever attributed to bad luck? that an accidental roll up on someones leg always indicates being prone to injury..?

Mecca
12-26-2007, 11:16 PM
What's his history say? He's not durable and never has been, you make educated guesses. A guy who can't stay healthy ever, it's not bad luck, it's a pattern it's who he is.

Just like with LJ, how'd that work out...

Frankie
12-26-2007, 11:17 PM
if they can successfully fill half the holes this team has it'd be a miracle.

1. Left Tackle
2. Center
3. Right Guard
4. QB
5. WR
6. DT
7. MLB (and need to replace Donnie on the outside soon)
8. Corner
Sorry, but corner ranks way up there. Your hierarchy would be more realistic if you switched 4 and 8 around.

Mecca
12-26-2007, 11:18 PM
Better fan? there's your insecure comparison mantra again...

you mean the fact that you ignored? like the abilty to come back from injury?

are you going to claim that all injuries aren't ever attributed to bad luck? that an accidental roll up on someones leg always indicates being prone to injury..?

So if he comes back every single time it's perfectly fine to start a QB that can't play 16 games...uh ok.

Frankie
12-26-2007, 11:19 PM

History also says Croyle has never played behind a good line.

Mecca
12-26-2007, 11:21 PM
History also says Croyle has never played behind a good line.

I'm sure he'll be John Elway when he gets a line :rolleyes:

This is gonna be an awesome few years, we got a QB that hasn't been able to consistently stay healthy on any level of competition and a big contracted RB that has been made shitty and injury prone due to overuse.

Frankie
12-26-2007, 11:21 PM
At least one that will block to protect his QB.

stevieray
12-26-2007, 11:22 PM
This is exactly what I'm talking about, anytime there's a critique of the Chiefs by some of us, you come back with shit like that, basically questioning our fandom. What's that about?

I'm sorry we all can't drop money on season tickets or dress like Elvis to prove we are better fans than you.

I don't question romos fandom for the chiefs, because there isn't much to question...I'm giving him shit becasue he started the Cowboy thread the other day.

Deberg_1990
12-26-2007, 11:23 PM
I'm giving him shit becasue he started the Cowboy thread the other day.

Thanks for the name change btw!! I got a good laugh.

Merry Christmas to you as well!

stevieray
12-26-2007, 11:24 PM
Ill admit,

IM rather envious of Pats and Cowboys fans.

How could you not be?? Id love to have that sort of franchise to brag about.

you already do...;)

Mecca
12-26-2007, 11:25 PM
We do...

Um I've never seen the Chiefs play in a Superbowl in my lifetime...those teams have played in and won multiple, slight difference.

Frankie
12-26-2007, 11:27 PM
Go Romo!!

You know you would take him as the next KC Chiefs QB! LOL
We rejected him once, as it turns out.

Frankie
12-26-2007, 11:35 PM
I'm sure he'll be John Elway when he gets a line :rolleyes:
That's not what I said and you know it. I said the kid has never had a decent O-line. So we don't know his potential or whether he is actually injury prone. But who knows, maybe he can be another Elway now that you mentioned it. A few years ago no one had heard of a guy named Tom Brady.

stevieray
12-26-2007, 11:36 PM
So if he comes back every single time it's perfectly fine to start a QB that can't play 16 games...uh ok.

I see, and by your logic, he would never play another down because he's going to get hurt sometime in the future..UHHHHHHHHHHHHHH OKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKK.

Deberg_1990
12-27-2007, 12:12 AM
We rejected him once, as it turns out.

Alot of teams did. I believe he was undrafted.

Easy 6
12-27-2007, 12:40 AM
The injury history is a legit concern, lets get that out of the way right now.

But even with that, its TIME to settle on a guy "from" KC...its just been too damn long & this guy has, not only the physical skills...but the intrinsic things you look for in a QB...a certainty about himself in the huddle, never has the "deer in the headlights" look, had the respect of his teammates early on...those kinds of very ,Very, VERY important things.

You can bet the tenured vets are even more concerned about his history than we are, but there MUST be something about him that inspires their continued confidence...just like my heart & head tells me that Brodie REALLY is the Real Deal & wants to be an NFL star...he'll pull it together & learn to love the pain, i SWEAR...i believe it.

Its TIME to believe in something in KC...why not Brodie Croyle???

This kid has a mature look in his eye, i'll sink with his ship.

ChiefaRoo
12-27-2007, 12:45 AM
The injury history is a legit concern, lets get that out of the way right now.

But even with that, its TIME to settle on a guy "from" KC...its just been too damn long & this guy has, not only the physical skills...but the intrinsic things you look for in a QB...a certainty about himself in the huddle, never has the "deer in the headlights" look, had the respect of his teammates early on...those kinds of very ,Very, VERY important things.

You can bet the tenured vets are even more concerned about his history than we are, but there MUST be something about him that inspires their continued confidence...just like my heart & head tells me that Brodie REALLY is the Real Deal & wants to be an NFL star...he'll pull it together & learn to love the pain, i SWEAR...i believe it.

Its TIME to believe in something in KC...why not Brodie Croyle???

This kid has a mature look in his eye, i'll sink with his ship.

I hope you're right.

Easy 6
12-27-2007, 12:56 AM
This team is well past due for some good fortune, i think its on the way.

Coogs
12-27-2007, 01:03 AM
I will say this I haven't made up my mind on Brodie yet but after listening to KK today (which I never do) he made some good points outside of his durability issues.

His point was after 2 months of starting Brodie has made 0 plays to help this team win a game and his accuracy is questionable at best.

I remember last season watching Vince Young and Cutler and you could see how good those 2 are going to be be because they would make a bad play but then come back and make 2-3 great plays to win a game.

Brodie hasn't even come close to doing that and outside of his durability I just don't think he has the "it" to be a starting franchise QB in the NFL.

dirk,

I listened to KK go off today as well. And I do not listen to KK much at all either. But I did hear him once back at the start of the season, and he was bashing on Croyle then as well. Saying something then like Croyle doesn't take his work home with him. He will never be great because he should be studying football 24/7.

Back to today. He was laying all of the 6 straight games with no scores in the 4th quarter on Croyles lap. That is total BS.

In week 10, Huard started aginst Denver and flat stunk the joint up. Croyle had us down on the goal line late, but was sacked on 4th down when we went for it.

Week 11 was his first start against the Colts. Herm/Solari were way conservative... even with 8 minutes to go and Croyle passed us to a couple of first downs to overcome their calls. Lost 13-10.

Week 12 was Oakland. In the 4th Rayner misses a chip shot FG. Later instead of another chipshot FG to tie, we run it on 4th and 1 and miss. Hardly on Croyle we didn't score.

Week 13 is Huard against San Diego. Wasn't Croyles fault at all we didn't score in 4th of an ugly game.

Week 14 is the blowout against Denver. Who cares we don't score in 4th. Field position when we had the ball in the 4th was crappy at best too.

Week 15 against the Titans, maybe Croyle didn't do much in the 4th, but the special teams and a couple of bad plays by the defense kind of put Croyle in a bind, when he had made huge plays in the first 3 quarters of the game to have us in the lead at 17-13.

Then for KK to go on a 30 minute rant about Huard being clearly the best QB and Croyle solely responsible for the 6 straight quarters on no scores in the 4th was total BS.

The jury is still out on Croyle, but he has done some pretty impressive things to go with the mistakes a young QB will make.

Easy 6
12-27-2007, 01:22 AM
dirk,

I listened to KK go off today as well. And I do not listen to KK much at all either. But I did hear him once back at the start of the season, and he was bashing on Croyle then as well. Saying something then like Croyle doesn't take his work home with him. He will never be great because he should be studying football 24/7.

Back to today. He was laying all of the 6 straight games with no scores in the 4th quarter on Croyles lap. That is total BS.

In week 10, Huard started aginst Denver and flat stunk the joint up. Croyle had us down on the goal line late, but was sacked on 4th down when we went for it.

Week 11 was his first start against the Colts. Herm/Solari were way conservative... even with 8 minutes to go and Croyle passed us to a couple of first downs to overcome their calls. Lost 13-10.

Week 12 was Oakland. In the 4th Rayner misses a chip shot FG. Later instead of another chipshot FG to tie, we run it on 4th and 1 and miss. Hardly on Croyle we didn't score.

Week 13 is Huard against San Diego. Wasn't Croyles fault at all we didn't score in 4th of an ugly game.

Week 14 is the blowout against Denver. Who cares we don't score in 4th. Field position when we had the ball in the 4th was crappy at best too.

Week 15 against the Titans, maybe Croyle didn't do much in the 4th, but the special teams and a couple of bad plays by the defense kind of put Croyle in a bind, when he had made huge plays in the first 3 quarters of the game to have us in the lead at 17-13.

Then for KK to go on a 30 minute rant about Huard being clearly the best QB and Croyle solely responsible for the 6 straight quarters on no scores in the 4th was total BS.

The jury is still out on Croyle, but he has done some pretty impressive things to go with the mistakes a young QB will make.

Dirk says Brodies accuracy is "questionable at best"...is he watching the same QB???

The ONLY thing to be said is that he's inconsistent, a common problem for a young QB...especially one on a team in TOTAL disarray & lacking for talent.

Brodie has nearly taken some guys heads off with his laserlike & accurate throws...WHAT a crock of shit to say "questionable at best"...yep, Keitzman is the Indisputable Rock...the guy doesnt know anything more than the rest of us.

Everyone is so up in arms...that if the Love Child of Tom Brady & Joe Montana crawled into town...they'd lynch him.

Tribal Warfare
12-27-2007, 01:27 AM
Dirk says his Brodies accuracy is "questionable at best"...is he watching the same QB???

Brodie has to lay off forcing throws in tight spaces, twice on similar plays linebackers undercuted the route for an interception because Brodie thought he could sqeueze it in their. Favre went through the same thing too, one has to know his limitations.

Easy 6
12-27-2007, 01:42 AM
Brodie has to lay off forcing throws in tight spaces, twice on similar plays linebackers undercuted the route for an interception because Brodie thought he could sqeueze it in their. Favre went through the same thing too, one has to know his limitations.

I agree, but those are typical inexperienced, young QB mistakes...bad decisions...not the results of an inaccurate arm.

Once he's Mastered the Game...Brodie Croyle should be able to part a guys hair to either side with his throws...he can put the ball anywhere he needs to.

We CANT just keep jumping from one hope to the other IMO, KC as a city & fanbase has never gone through the trials growing a QB before...its time for a bit of REAL patience.

I've been BLOWN AWAY!!! by the knee-jerk, irrational & overblown opinions here lately.

Tribal Warfare
12-27-2007, 02:14 AM
I've been BLOWN AWAY!!! by the knee-jerk, irrational & overblown opinions here lately.

the common fan's response would be irrational, because they usually don't understand the inner workings of the position, and reads the QB is making.

Easy 6
12-27-2007, 02:28 AM
the common fan's response would be irrational, because they usually don't understand the inner workings of the position, and reads the QB is making.

Yep, i didnt even get on for a few days after the Lions game...i just knew it would be a steaming cauldron of bullshit.

Theres too many Rock-Lock answers & yet not one clue.

RedThat
12-27-2007, 03:05 AM
I wouldn't mind if the Chiefs drafted a QB. In all honesty, I think they should. I just think it is way too too risky to place your future in the hands of Croyle. not saying I don't like the guy or anything, I just have to agree with Mecca on this one. He gets hurt way too much. I don't think he can stay healthy? He is way too frittle at times. That is bothersome. I want a QB in this draft. I think they should go for that QB from Hawaii if he is available. I think that kid will be a good one.

I just think that that would be an appropriate approach. draft a QB. You have Croyle, and then the guy you drafted? Create some competition between the 2 in camp. At least if you draft a QB, you can possibly get a guy who is young and has upside? It's pure quality over guys like Huard, who you know, are best served as backups. I don't think drafting a QB will hurt this franchise? It may actually serve the franchise in a good way.

ottawa_chiefs_fan
12-27-2007, 07:53 AM
Is "frittle" a Hermism? fragile and brittle? I likey!

dirk digler
12-27-2007, 08:22 AM
dirk,

Coogs thanks for the great response.

I know KK doesn't like Brodie because Trent Green loves Damon and Trent thinks Brodie took his job away from him so now KK doesn't like him. It is stupid IMO but KK is pretty dumb. But he did make some interesting points about Brodie.

To me it is pretty simple outside of the Denver game Brodie didn't lead this to team to a victory and hasn't done anything in the 4th quarter. If you go back to last year and watch Vince Young, Cutler, hell even Matt Leinart they all had at least 1-2 games where they lead there team to victory by coming back. We can make all the excuses we want but when the game is on the line in the 4th quarter he can't get the job done or hasn't yet anyway.

This past Sunday I was listening to the radio and Len was just going off on Brodie because he had 4 completions for like 5 yards. But when Damon came in he was chucking it down the field left and right. Now the only question becomes is Solari calling a different game when Brodie is in compared to Huard? We may never know.

I like Brodie and I want him to succeed but right now I have serious doubts whether he has the "it" factor to be a franchise QB and I am not even talking about his durability issues.

dirk digler
12-27-2007, 08:29 AM
Dirk says Brodies accuracy is "questionable at best"...is he watching the same QB???

The ONLY thing to be said is that he's inconsistent, a common problem for a young QB...especially one on a team in TOTAL disarray & lacking for talent.

Brodie has nearly taken some guys heads off with his laserlike & accurate throws...WHAT a crock of shit to say "questionable at best"...yep, Keitzman is the Indisputable Rock...the guy doesnt know anything more than the rest of us.

Everyone is so up in arms...that if the Love Child of Tom Brady & Joe Montana crawled into town...they'd lynch him.

Right now his accuracy is questionable. During the last game he completely missed 2 wide open completions for first downs to Tony and Dbowe but those guys suck so we should excuse him for that. :rolleyes:

During his first drive he did awesome until on 3rd and 4 IIRC he overthrew a swing pass to Kolby by like 2-3 yards.

I totally agree with you about being young and inconsistent and maybe that is why I think he has accuracy issues sometimes.

Like I have said before I like Brodie and I want him to succeed but right now we have more questions than answers when it comes to him being the QBOTF.

Coogs
12-27-2007, 09:01 AM
Coogs thanks for the great response.

I know KK doesn't like Brodie because Trent Green loves Damon and Trent thinks Brodie took his job away from him so now KK doesn't like him. It is stupid IMO but KK is pretty dumb. But he did make some interesting points about Brodie.

To me it is pretty simple outside of the Denver game Brodie didn't lead this to team to a victory and hasn't done anything in the 4th quarter. If you go back to last year and watch Vince Young, Cutler, hell even Matt Leinart they all had at least 1-2 games where they lead there team to victory by coming back. We can make all the excuses we want but when the game is on the line in the 4th quarter he can't get the job done or hasn't yet anyway.

This past Sunday I was listening to the radio and Len was just going off on Brodie because he had 4 completions for like 5 yards. But when Damon came in he was chucking it down the field left and right. Now the only question becomes is Solari calling a different game when Brodie is in compared to Huard? We may never know.

I like Brodie and I want him to succeed but right now I have serious doubts whether he has the "it" factor to be a franchise QB and I am not even talking about his durability issues.

dirk,

I really think you can say the play calling for Huard was different than for Croyle. Could be we were down 19-0, and maybe Croyle would have been allowed to throw it downfield as well. But Croyole was not checking down to 2nd or 3rd options. He came out firing to WR's right from the snap. You could tell they were called plays.

And as far as the no plays in the 4th quarter, I sort of addressed that in the other post. "He can not kick the fg's, call the plays, play defense, etc..." if you get what I am saying.

For KK to say Croyle has just presideded over "the worst stretch of Chiefs football in history" is completely false Huard was on the field for much of that same time. And Croyle put us in position to win the Colts game, the Oakland game, and the Titans game. The "team" came up short in all three of those, not just Croyle.

You don't have to be a total believer in Croyle. Just don't let KK sour you on him after 5 starts.

Coogs
12-27-2007, 09:07 AM
Right now his accuracy is questionable. During the last game he completely missed 2 wide open completions for first downs to Tony and Dbowe but those guys suck so we should excuse him for that. :rolleyes:

During his first drive he did awesome until on 3rd and 4 IIRC he overthrew a swing pass to Kolby by like 2-3 yards.

I totally agree with you about being young and inconsistent and maybe that is why I think he has accuracy issues sometimes.

Like I have said before I like Brodie and I want him to succeed but right now we have more questions than answers when it comes to him being the QBOTF.

He has also stuck some balls right in those guys hands that they did not come up with as well. The swing pass was a WTF was that kind of moment. But I have seen all the great QB's miss from time-to-time.

Jury is still out. But he has shown some real flashes of being very good to go along with the mistakes.

Reerun_KC
12-27-2007, 09:10 AM
Like KK has ever had anything of relevance to talk about??

I cant believe people actually listen to him...

Coogs
12-27-2007, 09:14 AM

The electricity was out at my house all day yesterday. Repairs and upgrades to the town being made. I pulled out a tiny radio and turned on just to get some Chiefs news.

I got KK's rant on Croyle. Wanted to turn it off, but it was so pathetic, I had to keep listening. Thought about calling in to challange a few of his statements, but instead I just... :banghead:

Brock
12-27-2007, 09:15 AM
Right, the jury is out, so let's not get a backup plan in place or anything...

Coogs
12-27-2007, 09:18 AM
dirk,

I almost forgot about the part when KK was going off on we need to lose this game on Sunday to the Jets... and that Croyle needed to play to insure that we do lose.

I would kind of like the higher draft pick, but since it looks like Croyle is going to start, I really hope Croyle lights up the Jets big time.

Personally, I think we stand a better chance of losing the game with Huard starting.

Eleazar
12-27-2007, 09:22 AM
Huard throws picks because of a lack of accuracy with his throws. From what I can see, Croyle is pretty accurate. When he throws an interception it's because he didn't read the defense well, or he didn't see some defender who was there. Those are things you can learn.

Coogs
12-27-2007, 09:23 AM
Right, the jury is out, so let's not get a backup plan in place or anything...

Brock,

Go back to posts 111-118 of this thread. Read the scouting reports on the top 5 QB's comming out this draft. Then pick the guy that sounds like your backup plan.

Chiefnj2
12-27-2007, 09:27 AM
Brock,

Go back to posts 111-118 of this thread. Read the scouting reports on the top 5 QB's comming out this draft. Then pick the guy that sounds like your backup plan.

Weren't you a Brohm pimp all year?

Eleazar
12-27-2007, 09:28 AM
Brock,

You don't spend a first round pick on a backup plan. If we want a backup plan let's take someone in the 3rd or 4th round again. If you spend a first round pick on a QB you had better intend on that guy being your starter.

dirk digler
12-27-2007, 09:31 AM
dirk,

I really think you can say the play calling for Huard was different than for Croyle. Could be we were down 19-0, and maybe Croyle would have been allowed to throw it downfield as well. But Croyole was not checking down to 2nd or 3rd options. He came out firing to WR's right from the snap. You could tell they were called plays.

And as far as the no plays in the 4th quarter, I sort of addressed that in the other post. "He can not kick the fg's, call the plays, play defense, etc..." if you get what I am saying.

For KK to say Croyle has just presideded over "the worst stretch of Chiefs football in history" is completely false Huard was on the field for much of that same time. And Croyle put us in position to win the Colts game, the Oakland game, and the Titans game. The "team" came up short in all three of those, not just Croyle.

You don't have to be a total believer in Croyle. Just don't let KK sour you on him after 5 starts.

My guess is that the playing calling was different as well which begs the question why? If they are calling totally different plays when Croyle is in that is not fair to him. They need to turn him loose and quit having him throw WR screens and 2 yd passes it is stupid.

I get what you are saying but I want my franchise QB to say I don't care what happens I want the ball and I am going to lead this team to a TD and a possible victory but I haven't seen anything close to that from Croyle.

KK most of the time talks out of his ass and this was the first time I have listened to him in at least 6 months so he is not souring me on Croyle but he does bring up some interesting points.

dirk digler
12-27-2007, 09:33 AM

I usually don't but I was bored yesterday.

Brock
12-27-2007, 09:34 AM
Brock,

I think you need to save those scouting reports for a few months. They're likely to be completely different by the weeks preceding the actual draft.

xbarretx
12-27-2007, 09:36 AM
You don't spend a first round pick on a backup plan. If we want a backup plan let's take someone in the 3rd or 4th round again. If you spend a first round pick on a QB you had better intend on that guy being your starter.

thank you Cochise!

and regardless, anyone we put behind our paperbag of an offensive line will not develope confidence and they will be slow to improve.

all the Croyle haters need to give up on Damon and realize that a full offseason and actual preperation along with being the starter from day 1 with a "hopefully" improved team could help Brodie be "the man"

you cant start a new QB and say wow his record sucks.....lets cut him. because (sorry for having to quote herm guys') "if they draft another QB they will be in the exact same spot with a RC qb" (ok that wasnt verbatim(sP?) but its the brass tacks of it.

Coogs
12-27-2007, 09:36 AM
Weren't you a Brohm pimp all year?

Yeah. I still think Brohm is going to be the best of the bunch, but I'm not sure a QB is where we need to go at this point. I really wish the Chiefs would have played Croyle all year. Then we might know the answer to this question on when/where we need to go on the QB issue.

One more thing on KK's rant. He said every draft has a Super Bowl winning QB in it. The question is, which one. I say BS to that too. Brady has already won 3. That means 2 drafts have to come up empty on Brady's two repeats. Throw in some other double up winners, and a couple of multiple winners over the years, and several drafts come up empty.

siberian khatru
12-27-2007, 09:38 AM
You can just see the perfect storm of no-win developing for this franchise.

If it spends a high first-round pick on a QB when it already has a young QB it just drafted on the first day 2 years ago, you just know he'll bust and Croyle won't ever be healthy enough to be THE guy, so they will have whiffed on two first-day QBs within 3 drafts, which will set the franchise back years.

Or, they'll roll the dice that Croyle will be OK and not pick a QB -- and Croyle will shatter into a thousand pieces, leaving them with no QB other than some stopgap, which means the franchise won't be able to take that big step up.

I know that's hopelessly pessimistic, but with this team that's just what I've come to expect. They're really in a bad situation here -- not sure what they've got with Croyle, and with no apparent true franchise QB in this draft. No matter what they do, it will be wrong.

stevieray
12-27-2007, 09:40 AM

If it spends a high first-round pick on a QB when it already has a young QB it just drafted on the first day 2 years ago, you just know he'll bust and Croyle won't ever be healthy enough to be THE guy, so they will have whiffed on two first-day QBs within 3 drafts, which will set the franchise back years.

Or, they'll roll the dice that Croyle will be OK and not pick a QB -- and Croyle will shatter into a thousand pieces, leaving them with no QB other than some stopgap, which means the franchise won't be able to take that big step up.

I know that's hopelessly pessimistic, but with this team that's just what I've come to expect. They're really in a bad situation here -- not sure what they've got with Croyle, and with no apparent true franchise QB in this draft. No matter what they do, it will be wrong.

Herm was pimping Pennington last night on MH's show... :shake:

xbarretx
12-27-2007, 09:40 AM

wit ha no win coming, we should have another draft of good picks then. maybe a franchise will be out next year :)

:cuss:

siberian khatru
12-27-2007, 09:41 AM

It's like watching a slow-motion car wreck. Your mind knows exactly what's unfolding, and you desperately want to reach out and stop it, but you can't -- you just stand there helplessly and view the carnage.

Brock
12-27-2007, 09:42 AM
I predict that is who the Chiefs starting QB will be - Chaddy. The pattern this franchise follows isn't hard to discern at all.

Coogs
12-27-2007, 09:44 AM
My guess is that the playing calling was different as well which begs the question why? If they are calling totally different plays when Croyle is in that is not fair to him. They need to turn him loose and quit having him throw WR screens and 2 yd passes it is stupid.

I get what you are saying but I want my franchise QB to say I don't care what happens I want the ball and I am going to lead this team to a TD and a possible victory but I haven't seen anything close to that from Croyle.

I pretty much agree with everything but you last sentence. That drive against the Titans to put us in front late in the 3rd was brilliant. He overcame penalty after penalty. Delivered crucial 3rd and 4th down passes to keep the drive alive.

And yes, he did throw an INT after the defense gave up an easy TD to give the lead up, but Croyle has shown flashes of doing just what you want. Even against the Bears early in the season. Croyle had us marching right down the field. Looked like we were going to maybe win a game we had no business winning until Bennett fumbled. That wasn't Croyles fault either.

Some of the blame has to go to other phases of the team (including Herm/Solari) as well on the 4th quarter stuff. Not all of it is on Croyle.

siberian khatru
12-27-2007, 09:45 AM
wit ha no win coming, we should have another draft of good picks then. maybe a franchise will be out next year :)

:cuss:

Well, FWIW, Mecca -- who does at least seem to have great knowledge of the draft, if not the most reliable of prognosticators -- says next year's QB class is even iffier.

I would bemoan the fact that the Chiefs finally are bad enough to be in position to draft a franchise QB, yet none exists -- but they had a great chance to do that in 1983 when the QBs were abundant and whiffed mightily, so there's no guarantee they'd pick the right guy anyway.

stevieray
12-27-2007, 09:46 AM
It's like watching a slow-motion car wreck. Your mind knows exactly what's unfolding, and you desperately want to reach out and stop it, but you can't -- you just stand there helplessly and view the carnage.
...this is exactly what I just told my wife, except I added expletives...

either they are just stupid or just don't care...coupled with overpaying players that don't even deserve it, the NFL is quickly losing its lustre with me..

Coogs
12-27-2007, 09:46 AM
I think you need to save those scouting reports for a few months. They're likely to be completely different by the weeks preceding the actual draft.

True.

xbarretx
12-27-2007, 09:48 AM
Well, FWIW, Mecca -- who does at least seem to have great knowledge of the draft, if not the most reliable of prognosticators -- says next year's QB class is even iffier.

I would bemoan the fact that the Chiefs finally are bad enough to be in position to draft a franchise QB, yet none exists -- but they had a great chance to do that in 1983 when the QBs were abundant and whiffed mightily, so there's no guarantee they'd pick the right guy anyway.

ingeed, in that case ill cross my fingers and hope a o-line upg and WR upg helps brodie toughen up and becomes a great QB :grovel:

Eleazar
12-27-2007, 09:56 AM

It reminds me of this recurring dream I used to have, where people were breaking into my house and coming up the stairs and stuff and I want desperately to hide or find a weapon or something, but I can't move. All I can do is lie there and wait for the end.

Eleazar
12-27-2007, 09:59 AM
Having said that - those of us expecting a revolt if Pennington is our QB next year are mistaken.

The true believers will still renew their tickets. People will still show up until all hope of squeaking into the playoffs is gone. Carl will still be nestled in his roost for another year. All because people say that they care but really don't. They don't care enough to miss their tailgate parties or their status as STH.

At one time I would have too, but it's too obvious that the fan base needs to revolt to bring change to ignore now if you care about the team at all.

dirk digler
12-27-2007, 09:59 AM

Yep. If the Chiefs keep the status quo and then bring in Pennington I will seriously consider boycotting this team. I know 1 person won't make any difference but it has to start somewhere.

dirk digler
12-27-2007, 10:03 AM
Having said that - those of us expecting a revolt if Pennington is our QB next year are mistaken.

The true believers will still renew their tickets. People will still show up until all hope of squeaking into the playoffs is gone. Carl will still be nestled in his roost for another year. All because people say that they care but really don't. They don't care enough to miss their tailgate parties or their status as STH.

At one time I would have too, but it's too obvious that the fan base needs to revolt to bring change to ignore now if you care about the team at all.

I disagree Cochise. I think if Carl and Herm are both here next year then there will be alot of empty seats at Arrowhead. The fans are tired of this and want a change. There is no prestige or status for watching a losing NFL team especially to the fair weather Johnson Co. fans.

Mr. Laz
12-27-2007, 10:04 AM
This team is well past due for some good fortune, i think its on the way.

won't happen as long as we have satan running things ...... his evil overrides good luck.

siberian khatru
12-27-2007, 10:06 AM

I wish I could make a bolder statement of protest. I live 1,000 miles away from KC and haven't attended a game since 1987, so it's not like I can refrain from buying tickets (or tailgating) that I don't buy anyway. I could stop buying Chiefs memorabilia, but I haven't bought much in the last 2-3 years anyway. I could cancel Sunday Ticket, but that allows me to watch a bunch of other games in place of the Chiefs.

So basically all I can do is bitch and moan on a message board and hope the "true fans" around KC get as riled up as I do and do the protesting for me.

Eleazar
12-27-2007, 10:08 AM
I disagree Cochise. I think if Carl and Herm are both here next year then there will be alot of empty seats at Arrowhead. The fans are tired of this and want a change. There is no prestige or status for watching a losing NFL team especially to the fair weather Johnson Co. fans.

Nah - just wait and see. You could conduct a poll or just notice what you read here on the board. Maybe a couple will give up their tickets, but I bet that 90% or more of STHs still renew. It boggles the mind, if you ask me, lining up to pay thousands for this product. The Carl and Herm and soon-to-be Pennington led Chiefs.

I wonder what you would have spent in total on the team, in today's dollars, if you got season tickets after the AFC championship loss and still had them. Probably $15,000 or more. For zero playoff wins in 15 years?

Kansas City has a masochistic fan base. We have the self esteem of a dutch whore. We don't think we deserve any better. We think getting bounced from the first round of the playoffs every other year is good enough. That's all we deserve. How could we possibly ask for more?

Brock
12-27-2007, 10:13 AM
won't happen as long as we have satan running things ...... his evil overrides good luck.

Carl isn't smart enough to be evil. It's just dumb, completely unjustified arrogance.

dirk digler
12-27-2007, 10:22 AM
Nah - just wait and see. You could conduct a poll or just notice what you read here on the board. Maybe a couple will give up their tickets, but I bet that 90% or more of STHs still renew. It boggles the mind, if you ask me, lining up to pay thousands for this product. The Carl and Herm and soon-to-be Pennington led Chiefs.

I wonder what you would have spent in total on the team, in today's dollars, if you got season tickets after the AFC championship loss and still had them. Probably $15,000 or more. For zero playoff wins in 15 years?

Kansas City has a masochistic fan base. We have the self esteem of a dutch whore. We don't think we deserve any better. We think getting bounced from the first round of the playoffs every other year is good enough. That's all we deserve. How could we possibly ask for more?

They may renew their tickets but IMO alot of them will sell them or just chose not to go. If they have good seats I would renew them and then just sell them to recoup some money because eventually this will get turned around and Carl and Herm will both be gone.

xbarretx
12-27-2007, 10:42 AM
Yep. If the Chiefs keep the status quo and then bring in Pennington I will seriously consider boycotting this team. I know 1 person won't make any difference but it has to start somewhere.

i think pennington is odd, hes 31 not Franchise material and we have damon who is 34? (or 33?) why woudlnt we try for Anderson who is 24? all things being if the Chiefs REALLY dont plan to stick with Brodie? sorry if this idea is crazy but i think its better then pennington.

Eleazar
12-27-2007, 10:45 AM
They may renew their tickets but IMO alot of them will sell them or just chose not to go. If they have good seats I would renew them and then just sell them to recoup some money because eventually this will get turned around and Carl and Herm will both be gone.

Season ticket renewals = approval from the fans. Just ask them. No need to change. The fans love what we're doing. Fan support is just as high as it's always been. 4-12 isn't too bad. We just need to add a free agent or two, get back to that 8 win pinnacle.

smittysbar
12-27-2007, 12:16 PM
The electricity was out at my house all day yesterday. Repairs and upgrades to the town being made. I pulled out a tiny radio and turned on just to get some Chiefs news.

I got KK's rant on Croyle. Wanted to turn it off, but it was so pathetic, I had to keep listening. Thought about calling in to challange a few of his statements, but instead I just... :banghead:

I about did too. Then I thought aww **** it, he has always been an idiot and me calling is not going to change it:cuss:

FAX
12-27-2007, 07:23 PM
... Kansas City has a masochistic fan base. We have the self esteem of a dutch whore. ...

The truth hurts.

But, then again, so does having a mop handle shoved up your ass. We are the mop handle recipients of the NFL.

FAX

xbarretx
12-27-2007, 07:40 PM
The truth hurts.

But, then again, so does having a mop handle shoved up your ass. We are the mop handle recipients of the NFL.

FAX

yeaH, "the truth hurts...not as much as jumping on a bicycle with the seat missing; but it hurts"

XBARRETX