PDA

View Full Version : Is Croyle injury prone? Or a victim of bad luck?

BigRedChief
12-26-2007, 07:18 AM
For me, it's not what happend in the last 5 games. It's the history of being injury proned.

2001 he tore an ACL in his first game of his senior year in high school.

2002 He reshirted and didn't play football at Bama.

2003 at Bama, numerous serious injuries

2004 tore an ACL in the 3rd game of the season.

2005 played his first and only full season without injury.

2006 didn't play much

2007 in 5 games has been injured twice. Missing a start for the first one. 2nd one still TBD.

I'm sorry but thats a pattern. You can call it bad luck, concindence whatever....but it has to be a valid reason for concern.

BTW, totally unrelated but I found interesting. Brodie's myspace webpage:
http://www.myspace.com/brodie_croyle

Deberg_1990
12-26-2007, 08:53 AM
Thats alot of bad luck.

Too much bad luke for my liking. If franchise QB is there when the Chiefs pick, i dont see how they can pass??

BigRedChief
12-26-2007, 08:55 AM
Thats alot of bad luck.

Too much bad luke for my liking. If franchise QB is there when the Chiefs pick, i dont see how they can pass??
I'm not advocating taking a QOTF with our 1st rounder nor am I saying Croyle isn't the QOTF. Nor am I saying we have seen enough to evaluate whether he's good enough to be the QOTF.

All I'm saying is that there is significant historical evidence to suggest that maybe he won't be able to finish an NFL season. Ever. And if thats a possibility then it needs to be considered when you can consider Croyle for the QOTF.

Deberg_1990
12-26-2007, 09:00 AM
I'm not advocating taking a QOTF with our 1st rounder nor am I saying Croyle isn't the QOTF. Nor am I saying we have seen enough to evaluate whether he's good enough to be the QOTF.

All I'm saying is that there is significant historical evidence to suggest that maybe he won't be able to finish an NFL season. Ever. And if thats a possibility then it needs to be considered when you can consider Croyle for the QOTF.

Exactly. The Chiefs are going to have a tough decision to make with that first pick. They have tons of needs, but a franchise QB is what you build your team around from the ground up.

morphius
12-26-2007, 09:13 AM
I like the kids arm, but I don't think you can count on him to stay healthy. It is a shame, but as is our luck, we have someone with potential who will never be healthy enough to use it. Doesn't help that we lost our other project player to IR already. What a flippin mess.

Bob Dole
12-26-2007, 09:27 AM
Thats alot of bad luck.

No way we draft his replacement this season.

Build an offensive line and figure out next year whether Croyle can stay healthy and play NFL ball. We're going to need a line no matter who is taking the snaps, and there's just not enough game experience with Croyle to determine whether he's got it or not at this point.

If he's good, you avoid a potential Rivers/Brees situation. And if he sucks, we've got a high pick in a 2009 draft which looks to have some good QB talent.

Archie Bunker
12-26-2007, 09:49 AM
Career backup QB IMO he is fragile and too small. I'd give him next year to prove me wrong and then go another direction if need be.

talastan
12-26-2007, 10:16 AM
No we will not draft a QB in the first round....Herm has already commented about building this team around Croyle. I think he gets one more year to play behind an actual offensive line, not some patchwork POS, and then if he can't cut it we draft a QB. (Chances are if he's stinking up the joint then we'll get a high pick next year as well.)

BigRedChief
12-26-2007, 10:20 AM

Build an offensive line and figure out next year whether Croyle can stay healthy and play NFL ball. We're going to need a line no matter who is taking the snaps, and there's just not enough game experience with Croyle to determine whether he's got it or not at this point.

If he's good, you avoid a potential Rivers/Brees situation. And if he sucks, we've got a high pick in a 2009 draft which looks to have some good QB talent.
I agree with the esteemed senator from Kansas.

We need O-Line help no matter who's the QOTF.

sedated
12-26-2007, 10:22 AM
I'll bet every injury prone athlete has claimed to be the victim of bad luck

Extra Point
12-26-2007, 10:30 AM
Don't know what the FO was thinking, other than "Boy, that pass to Prothro was neat!"

With that long of an injury string, the Croyle pick goes down as another mistake, unless they can build a line around him (or anyone) for 2009.

2008 will be another ride in a rut.

Bowser
12-26-2007, 10:35 AM

This is the way it should be done, meaning of course we'll take Matt Ryan at #4 or 5.

I voted combination, but I lean more towards him being injury prone with just a little bit of bad luck.

StcChief
12-26-2007, 10:35 AM
Starts up front build the Oline

dj56dt58
12-26-2007, 11:22 AM
read one of his comments from the myspace page..talking about the colts game they said if he had a better d he would have won...

we gave up 13 ****ing points and made Manning look average..wtf?

blueballs
12-26-2007, 11:27 AM
He was worth a 3rd round pick regardless
and considering the CHiefs actuallly took a shot
at drafting a QB -rewarding to watch

Deberg_1990
12-26-2007, 11:39 AM
He was worth a 3rd round pick regardless
and considering the CHiefs actuallly took a shot
at drafting a QB -rewarding to watch

Agreed.

WHo knows? he may still pan out, but his history says otherwise......

Anyhow, it would be smart to draft a QB in 08, and let him duke it out with Croyle in camp. Or you start the season next year with Croyle and let the rookie sit and learn.

Competition and depth is good.

el borracho
12-26-2007, 11:59 AM
Seems to be injury-prone but I would give him another season just to be sure. We probably suck again next year, anyway, so it really won't hurt to wait a year to draft the next QB of the future.

el borracho
12-26-2007, 12:01 PM
By the way, the Chiefs thought enough of Thigpen to steal him from the Vikings so we might as well get him some reps next year, as well.

MOhillbilly
12-26-2007, 12:12 PM
after seeing him in person the guy is tiny. i dont think he can make it.

BigRedChief
12-26-2007, 12:19 PM
after seeing him in person the guy is tiny. i dont think he can make it.
In his defense are at least 6 starting NFL QB's that weigh less than him or are within 5 lbs. of his weight.

kc1977
12-26-2007, 02:16 PM
read one of his comments from the myspace page..talking about the colts game they said if he had a better d he would have won...

we gave up 13 ****ing points and made Manning look average..wtf?

You serious? Can you post a link? I just want to see for myself that this guy is as stupid as he sucks.

BigRedChief
12-26-2007, 02:20 PM
You serious? Can you post a link? I just want to see for myself that this guy is as stupid as he sucks.
His myspace webpage link is in my first post in this thread.

Chiefs_5627
12-26-2007, 02:26 PM
Victim of crappy o-line.

Mecca
12-26-2007, 03:33 PM
No we will not draft a QB in the first round....Herm has already commented about building this team around Croyle. I think he gets one more year to play behind an actual offensive line, not some patchwork POS, and then if he can't cut it we draft a QB. (Chances are if he's stinking up the joint then we'll get a high pick next year as well.)

This is called being stubborn....when he gets hurt 5 times next year everyone is gonna bitch.

Mecca
12-26-2007, 03:41 PM
I'd also like to add...

I notice this year people are complaining about Ryan/Brohm/Woodson/Brennan, but they look like Manning/Brady compared to the QB crop next year. My prediction is that many NFL teams will be drafting QBs in Rounds 1-3 this year, knowing the dearth of quality QBs for 2009 Draft.

My observation is that there are lots of 3rd-5th round talents to choose from, but none are 1st round material and only a few who are solid Round 2 QBs.

1. Todd Boeckman (scary but true...he may be the best senior QB next year)
2. Hunter Cantwell
3. Chase Daniel
4. Rudy Carpenter
5. Cullen Harper
6. Curtis Painter
7. Graham Harrell
8. Nate Longshore
9. Stephen McGee
10. John Parker Wilson

This list makes me think Tim Tebow will be heading to the NFL Draft in 2009....and will be the slam-dunk 1st round QB selected. The rest of the list (seniors only) looks awful!!

Oddly I can't really think of any Vince Young-like QB next year that's NFL ready. I know Pat White is fast, but I can't seriously imagine him playing QB in NFL (the guy is listed as 185 lbs, so probably weighs even less than that).

blueballs
12-26-2007, 08:18 PM
peshaw
Carl has the QB FA list memorized
for the next two offseasons

2bikemike
12-26-2007, 08:51 PM
Victim of crappy o-line.

Except the O-line had nothing to do with his latest injury.
I am beginning to believe his body just isn't compatible with contact sports.

People say he is small but that really doesn't wash. There are several QB's that weren't that big that survived. Some peoples bodies just injure more easily than others.

BigRedChief
12-26-2007, 10:50 PM
Victim of crappy o-line.So the o-line threw the interception did the flop on the field in front of 3 opponents to injure his wrist?

So he's never going to get flushed from the pocket and get tackled from behind? I'd sure like to see that o-line.

Tribal Warfare
12-26-2007, 11:14 PM
talking about the size issue, Montana came into the league at 6'2" and 190 pounds as a rookie and everything worked out fine there. I bring this up because Joe and Brodie have the same mental toughness that's necessary for the position.

Tits McGee
12-27-2007, 12:21 AM
My aunts Hummel collection is tougher than Brodie.

12-27-2007, 12:25 AM
i wonder if Kelli knows that he is still dating?

BigRedChief
12-27-2007, 05:54 AM
i wonder if Kelli knows that he is still dating?
He visited the site right before Halloween. Mayeb he's still looking for some on the side? But we should get a message to the dude.....Kelli is the best you are ever going to do pal. Don't fuk it up.

12-27-2007, 06:03 AM
He visited the site right before Halloween. Mayeb he's still looking for some on the side? But we should get a message to the dude.....Kelli is the best you are ever going to do pal. Don't fuk it up.
No kidding on that.