PDA

View Full Version : Dont run with sharp objects!!

Redrum_69
12-27-2007, 09:45 AM
http://www.thebostonchannel.com/news/14929294/detail.html

Girl, 2, Survives Screwdriver Through Skull No Surgery Needed, Doctors Say

POSTED: 6:22 am EST December 27, 2007
UPDATED: 7:58 am EST December 27, 2007

BOSTON -- Doctors report an amazing story out of Minnesota.

A 2-year-old Farmington, Minn., girl suffered only a bruise when a screwdriver went right into her head, according to the Minneapolis Star Tribune.

Teagan Gislason was playing with some other children in a supervised area during a church service in Cannon Falls, Minn., Dec. 19 when she found the screwdriver and started running with it and fell.

It pierced her skull, just above her left eye.

Neither her eye nor her brain was damaged and doctors did not need to perform surgery to remove it, although it did take four hours to extract the tool from her head.

She is expected to make a full recovery with normal use of her eye after spending almost a week at the Mayo Clinic in Rochester, Minn.

Her father, Neil Gislason, said the accident was "very, very scary," and called his daughter's recovery a "Christmas miracle."

Gislason's mother, Katie, was at work when she got the call about the accident, according to WCCO-TV in Minneapolis.

"All I kept thinking was I don't care about scars, I don't care about loss of movement, I don't care about loss of vision, I don't care about her speech. I just want her alive," she said.
++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Was it a phillips?

Was it craftsman??

El Jefe
12-27-2007, 09:47 AM
Ouch, lesson learned.

Rain Man
12-27-2007, 09:49 AM
Gislason's mother, Katie, was at work when she got the call about the accident, according to WCCO-TV in Minneapolis.

"All I kept thinking was I don't care about scars, I don't care about loss of movement, I don't care about loss of vision, I don't care about her speech. I just want her alive," she said.

So the mother was saying, "No problem if she's paralyzed, blind, uncommunicative, and hideously deformed. Just keep that heart beating and that feeding tube in, and I'm happy!"