PDA

View Full Version : Brodie Croyle Press Conference 12/27

talastan
12-27-2007, 03:42 PM
Brodie Croyle Press Conference - 12/27
Dec 27, 2007, 3:24:15 PM

http://www.kcchiefs.com/news/2007/12/27/brodie_croyle_press_conference__1227/

Q: How did practice go today?

CROYLE: “It went well. My hand is feeling better, the grip is better and we’re hopefully going to give it whirl.”

Q: It looked like you were throwing the ball better today. Was that how it felt?

CROYLE: “I did. By far it was the best that it’s felt since it happened. The swelling is down and it is getting better.”

Q: Did you have some type of wrap on the wrist or top part of your hand?

CROYLE: “Right, we have a pad on there and the pressure just kind of keeps the sprIng. Just like if you sprain your ankle and tape it up. We have to do the same thing. The way that we had it wrapped today didn’t affect me that much.”

Q: You told us after the last game that the biggest problem was gripping the ball?

CROYLE: “Right, the pain of it isn’t that big of a deal. You play with pain and that’s something you always play with. I just couldn’t grip or hold on to the ball when I tried to throw. The ball just slipped out of my hand.”

Q: So you didn’t have any problems?

CROYLE: “No, this is the strongest that it has felt.”

Q: So you are confident that you will play on Sunday?

CROYLE: “Yeah.”

Q: It seems that your ability to stay healthy is a subject of conversation?

CROYLE: “There is only one way to get rid of that and that is to play all season without getting hurt and without missing any time. Hopefully next year in Week 16 we’re not talking about the same thing, we’re talking about going to the playoffs.”

Q: Is there any part of you that feels you need to prove to your coaches or teammates that you are not injury prone?

CROYLE: “No. I want to play, there isn’t anybody on this team that enjoys competing more then I do. If there is any chance that I’m going to play, then I’m going to play.”

Q: So being injury-prone is not an issue with you?

CROYLE: “It is what it is and you can read into it however you want to, but we’re going to play this weekend and if you want to talk about it all off-season, then talk about it all off-season.”

Q: A lot of guys say that the easiest way to get hurt is to go out there thinking, “I better not get hurt.” Is that something that you have thought about?

CROYLE: “No, that’s probably half the reason that I end up getting hurt. I don’t really think that through all of the time. Like trying to tackle a defender last week when I knew that I had no chance. In hindsight it might have been easier to just let him go, but that’s something I have a tough time doing.”

talastan
12-27-2007, 03:44 PM
I love this kid. Honest and up front...Everything that Carl is not..I really hope he pans out for the future!! :)

BigChiefFan
12-27-2007, 03:45 PM
I like his heart, but I'm starting to think the elevator doesn't go all the way to the top.