PDA

View Full Version : Looks like Kellen Clemens is starting...

Hammock Parties
12-28-2007, 07:45 PM
Not good. He's horrible and will surely hand us the game.

DAMMIT!

Clemens to start season finale vs. Chiefs

The Jets are set to start QB Kellen Clemens in the season finale against the Chiefs, according to a person with knowledge of the situation. As long as he stays away from Adrien Clarke, the left guard/turnstile that let Patriots DE Richard Seymour squash the second-year quarterback two weeks ago, Clemens should make it through practice this week unscathed.

That will give him one more chance to convince the powers-that-be that he’s the right man for the job in 2008.

Clemens, recovering from rib and left-shoulder injuries, wasn’t laboring at all today during the first 30 minutes of practice, throwing with relative ease. Naturally, Eric Mangini didn’t reveal too much about his QB plans, saying only that Clemens made it through Wednesday’s practice without any setbacks.

“He did what we asked him to do in the context of his rehab and preparation,” Mangini said.

Mecca
12-28-2007, 07:46 PM
Don't worry they're saying the same thing about Brodie Croyle.

Hammock Parties
12-28-2007, 07:47 PM
Don't worry they're saying the same thing about Brodie Croyle.

Clemens has been much worse than Croyle this year, unfortunately. He's only completing 52 percent of his passes.

cdcox
12-28-2007, 07:50 PM
Clemens has been much worse than Croyle this year, unfortunately. He's only completing 52 percent of his passes.

But the Jets coaches don't make him throw all of his passes sideways.

Mecca
12-28-2007, 07:58 PM
Croyles stats aren't exactly eye opening either, especially when you realize they constantly throw the WR screen pass...

When a guy has 8 completions for 35 yards I am not impressed.

BigMeatballDave
12-28-2007, 08:06 PM
I am on the Brodie bandwagon, but for the sake of the future of this team, I hope he stinks it up.

evolve27
12-28-2007, 08:09 PM
Clemens is an eyesore, but we haven't won any games with Brodie, so this game can go both ways.

Bowser
12-28-2007, 08:11 PM
Don't worry. We made Vince Young look like Steve McNair in his prime.