12-29-2007, 03:21 PM
http://www.cnn.com/2007/SHOWBIZ/Music/12/29/fake.essay.ap/index.html

:shake::shrug:

88TG88
12-29-2007, 03:34 PM
disgusting

Joie
12-29-2007, 03:37 PM
OMG....what kind of person does that? That's not only setting a horrible example for her child, it also insults every person that has lost a loved one in the war!

Simplex3
12-29-2007, 03:37 PM
I don't know what's worse, teaching your kid it's Ok to lie or teaching them that a freaking fake concert is worth lying for.

JohninGpt
12-29-2007, 03:38 PM
They should go ahead and give this to a little girl who's father did die in Iraq.
I could volunteer a couple names...

Pablo
12-29-2007, 03:40 PM
Horrible.

This stupid materialistic sh*t is ruining our society. It's okay to have no moral compass, so long as you get a lot of things in life.

kstater
12-29-2007, 03:40 PM
I don't get how they say they may take the tickets away. They should take the tickets away then sue the mom for fraud.

TinyEvel
12-29-2007, 03:51 PM
Brutal. Wrong in every way.

RedDread
12-29-2007, 03:53 PM
The contest was sponsored by Club Libby Lu, which you may remember from this (http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=175847&highlight=Libby) thread

mikey23545
12-29-2007, 03:57 PM
They're <b><i>considering</i></b> taking the tickets away?!?!?!

Are you ****ing shitting me?

Bwana
12-29-2007, 04:07 PM
They're considering taking the tickets away?!?!?!

My thoughts exactly. :shake: Take the tickets and toss a railroad flare in the ***s car as your leaving her house.

Bump
12-29-2007, 04:15 PM
wow. WTF is wrong with people.

Pablo
12-29-2007, 04:16 PM
wow. WTF is wrong with people.The power of Hannah Montana compels them I suppose...

ZepSinger
12-29-2007, 05:18 PM
"We did the essay and that's what we did to win," Priscilla Ceballos, the mother, said in an interview with Dallas TV station KDFW. "We did whatever we could do to win."

This woman has no scruples, morals, or values whatsoever.
What the hell is WRONG with some people??????

Z

ZepSinger
12-29-2007, 05:21 PM
They're <b><i>considering</i></b> taking the tickets away?!?!?!

Exactly. Not taking the tickets away would be a slap in the face to those contestants with scruples. They'd BETTER take those tickets away!!!!!!

Deberg_1990
12-29-2007, 05:23 PM
Her mom should be forced to join the Army and spend a year deployed over to Iraq.

Buehler445
12-29-2007, 05:32 PM
Holy shit. That is rediculous. I'm with JohninGpt.

Simplex3
12-29-2007, 05:34 PM
This is why all major corporations should select a group of finalists and submit them to thorough background checks first.

Liberty Mutual does a deal where they award youth coaches money for their leagues and a background check is part of it.

JohninGpt
12-29-2007, 05:36 PM
"We did the essay and that's what we did to win," Priscilla Ceballos, the mother, said in an interview with Dallas TV station KDFW. "We did whatever we could do to win."

This woman has no scruples, morals, or values whatsoever.
What the hell is WRONG with some people??????

Z
And the **** expressed no remorse whatsoever. Biotch reminds me of my ex-SiL.

Thig Lyfe
12-29-2007, 05:53 PM
That's pretty f*cked up.

And I'm not surprised that it only took a day for Benazir Bhutto's death to take a backseat to Hannah Montana on the "Most Popular Stories" list.

Simplex3
12-29-2007, 05:55 PM
That's pretty f*cked up.

And I'm not surprised that it only took a day for Benazir Bhutto's death to take a backseat to Hannah Montana on the "Most Popular Stories" list.
Benazir wasn't repped by Disney.

JohninGpt
12-29-2007, 05:57 PM
I know about as much about Benazir Bhutto as I do about Hannah Montana, pretty much nothing in either case, but that's not at all what this is about.
This is about a POS mother teaching a six year old that it's OK to lie and cheat as long as you get what you want.

Thig Lyfe
12-29-2007, 06:00 PM
I know about as much about Benazir Bhutto as I do about Hannah Montana, pretty much nothing in either case, but that's not at all what this is about.
This is about a POS mother teaching a six year old that it's OK to lie and cheat as long as you get what you want.

It's called an aside.

Skip Towne
12-29-2007, 06:12 PM
Hannah Montana is ruining the world!!

chagrin
12-29-2007, 06:21 PM
After reading that woman's quote, I remembered the movie "The Ref"

"Lady, your husband isn't dead, he's in hiding"

What a shitty thing to do.

JohninGpt
12-29-2007, 06:28 PM
It's called an aside.
Sorry, my bad.
Why aren't they talking about Hannah Montana in the DC Forum?

Skip Towne
12-29-2007, 06:31 PM
That lady plays to win the game.

HolmeZz
12-29-2007, 06:37 PM
If you ain't cheating, you didn't want it bad enough.

Rain Man
12-29-2007, 08:02 PM
Wow. They should take away all of that girl's prizes and then kill her mother. And as they pull the axe out, they can say, "Maybe now you can win next year."

pr_capone
12-31-2007, 04:02 AM
http://www.local6.com/entertainment/14944202/detail.html

GARLAND, Texas -- A 6-year-old girl who won four tickets to a Hannah Montana concert with an essay that falsely claimed her father died in Iraq won't be going to the show after all.

The contest's sponsor, Club Libby Lu, withdrew the prize on Saturday and awarded it to another unnamed winner.

"With this decision, we hope to revive the intended spirit of the contest, which was designed to make a little girl's holidays extra special," Club Libby Lu chief executive Mary Drolet said in a statement Saturday.

The girl had submitted an essay that began: "My daddy died this year in Iraq."

But Club Libby Lu said the girl's mother has admitted that the story was a lie.

The saga began with company officials surprising the girl at a Club Libby Lu store at a mall in suburban Dallas. The girl won a makeover that included a Hannah Montana wig, as well as the grand prize: airfare for four to Albany, N.Y., and four tickets to the sold-out Hannah Montana concert on Jan. 9.

The mother had told company officials that the girl's father died in a roadside bombing in April. But the Pentagon had no record of the soldier she identified.

"We did the essay and that's what we did to win," Priscilla Ceballos, the mother, said. "We did whatever we could do to win."

Abba-Dabba
12-31-2007, 04:28 AM
Eh, don't give a damn. Tickets to a Hannah Montana concert... BFD

And FTR, everybody lies. Step off the high horse like you guys never have to get what you want.

Simplex3
12-31-2007, 08:45 AM

And FTR, everybody lies. Step off the high horse like you guys never have to get what you want.
I think must of us can safely say we haven't told people our parents were dead to win tickets to a fake concert.

Pushead2
12-31-2007, 08:53 AM
I think must of us can safely say we haven't told people our parents were dead to win tickets to a fake concert.

agreed

Abba-Dabba
12-31-2007, 08:56 AM

Who gives a **** what the lie was. A lie is a lie, right? The prize was Hannah Montana tickets. BFD

I can't believe this story made national news over a lie and Hannah Montana tickets. Again, BFD.

Would the lie been have any better/worse if she wrote an essay that she cured 10 dogs with cancer?

suds79
12-31-2007, 08:57 AM

It's okay if you just don't get the big picture. We understand.

Abba-Dabba
12-31-2007, 09:01 AM
It's okay if you just don't get the big picture. We understand.

Big picture of what? That some girl and her mother lied to win Hannah Montana tickets, BFD. I could care less if mom blew every judge. It's a issue of unimportance.

It's okay I understand you feel you were cheated in some way.

RibKing67
12-31-2007, 09:12 AM
The little girls mom just put the story on steroids to help it get to the next level. This, "whatever it takes" crap has gone a little too far. As long as the home run record is in Bonds hands this should be expected. And its not just sports, hell the president is the office for the one that convinces the most americans to believe his/her lies. Its also prominant in business. This is a small sampeling of what our country has turned into.
Our society is on a downward spiral

Fat Elvis
12-31-2007, 09:57 AM
Kind of ironic she wrote an false essay about a war that was predicated upon lies, and then when she wins, they strip her of her prize.

suds79
12-31-2007, 10:04 AM
Big picture of what? That some girl and her mother lied to win Hannah Montana tickets, BFD. I could care less if mom blew every judge. It's a issue of unimportance.

It's okay I understand you feel you were cheated in some way.

The fact that you think this is more about Hannah Montana tickets rather than a girl lying about her dad who died in Iraq is exactly my point.

Eleazar
12-31-2007, 10:06 AM
Can we at least waterboard this lady?

Abba-Dabba
12-31-2007, 10:14 AM
The fact that you think this is more about Hannah Montana tickets rather than a girl lying about her dad who died in Iraq is exactly my point.

Would you be happier if he was dead just so you can feel better about the winner of a stupid contest? It sure sounds like it.