PDA

View Full Version : Bob Kraft just said....

Logical
12-29-2007, 10:49 PM
if we don't win the Championship it will all have been for nothing.

Don't you just wish Clark felt that way?

siberian khatru
12-29-2007, 10:51 PM
And this is a guy who's already got a vault full of SB rings.

Yet, Carl's content with his regular-season record in the 1990s.

Simplex3
12-29-2007, 10:52 PM
:banghead:

cdcox
12-29-2007, 10:54 PM
There season would be a colossal failure.

Thig Lyfe
12-29-2007, 10:55 PM
I hate Carl and my life.

BigMeatballDave
12-29-2007, 10:56 PM
We just have to look at the body of Carls work.

blueballs
12-29-2007, 10:57 PM
Drink up the Kraft Kool-aide
suckers

Logical
12-29-2007, 11:00 PM
Sad that the Chiefs and Carl are so proud of full stadiums and regular seasons wins, the Patriots really feel their season would be a colossal failure if they don't win the SB.

Messier
12-29-2007, 11:05 PM
Sad that wow the Chiefs and Carl are so proud of full stadiums and regular seasons wins, the Patriots really feel their season would be a colossal failure if they don't win the SB.

Any team that goes undefeated in the regular season and doesn't win the super bowl is a colossal failure.

Logical
12-29-2007, 11:21 PM
Any team that goes undefeated in the regular season and doesn't win the super bowl is a colossal failure.

That is just crazy, but I bet Carl and Clark would not have the guts to say that if the Chiefs someway finished a season 16-0

StcChief
12-29-2007, 11:23 PM
Who cares... they will win against Cowgirls anyway

Bowser
It's okaaaaaay. They have a plan.....

Mecca
That is just crazy, but I bet Carl and Clark would not have the guts to say that if the Chiefs someway finished a season 16-0

They'd say something like they accomplished a lot and they are winners either way.

Messier
12-29-2007, 11:42 PM
They'd say something like they accomplished a lot and they are winners either way.

No, I'd bet after going undefeated they would say not winning the super bowl is failure.

dirk digler
12-29-2007, 11:43 PM

Yep. If they don't win they will be the biggest chokers in sports history

Dave Lane
12-30-2007, 12:07 AM
Oh yeah they lost a game oh my god what failure that would be. You two are idiots. Jeez i think I lost 10 IQ points for reading those posts....

Logical
12-30-2007, 12:47 AM
:rolleyes:

Eleazar
12-30-2007, 01:17 AM
Get over it

Reerun_KC
12-30-2007, 01:43 AM
Yet Chiefs fans are hanging their hats on the 90's regular season success..

We have a lot of room to talk about Choke jobs.....

Amnorix
12-30-2007, 02:06 AM

I honestly don't see that at all. I think they're better than Colts/Cowboys, as proven by the fact that they've already beaten both in their own houses, but not SO MUCH ridiculously better that it's the hugest choke job in NFL history. Not by a long shot.

It's not like being up 3 games to 0 in the Americal League finals. :D

If we're up by say 14 points in the 4th quarter, THEN lose, THEN it's a massive choke job.

kcxiv
12-30-2007, 02:46 AM
Yet, still more exciting then all 19 years i been a fan of the Chiefs. lol

Messier
12-30-2007, 07:49 AM
Yet Chiefs fans are hanging their hats on the 90's regular season success..

We have a lot of room to talk about Choke jobs.....

how does talking about the Patriots and what they are doing this year have to do with the Chiefs? It's not like anyone is saying, "Like the Chiefs did in the 90's, the Patriots are doing very well."

I know as a Chiefs fan you feel humility before the Pat's accomplishments, but crimony!

alanm
12-30-2007, 08:38 AM
I did notice that Kraft was pretty well lit up in the interview he gave after the game on the NFL channel. :)

dirk digler
12-30-2007, 09:41 AM
I honestly don't see that at all. I think they're better than Colts/Cowboys, as proven by the fact that they've already beaten both in their own houses, but not SO MUCH ridiculously better that it's the hugest choke job in NFL history. Not by a long shot.

It's not like being up 3 games to 0 in the Americal League finals. :D

If we're up by say 14 points in the 4th quarter, THEN lose, THEN it's a massive choke job.

I have to disagree. You guys went 16-0 and if you fail to win the SB I don't know what else you can call it.

What would you call it if you lost in the divisional round?

Trust me we as Chief fans know what choking is we did it in 95 and 97 when everything was lined up for us and we blew it.

stevieray
12-30-2007, 09:43 AM
"I hate/love/envy my neighbor, his success reminds how unsuccessful I am." :rolleyes:

congrats, amno, it's pretty damn impressive, no matter how it turns out.

BigMeatballDave
12-30-2007, 09:43 AM
I have to disagree. You guys went 16-0 and if you fail to win the SB I don't know what else you can call it.

What would you call it if you lost in the divisional round?

Trust me we as Chief fans know what choking is we did it in 95 and 97 when everything was lined up for us and we blew it.Exactly. Anything less than a SB win, and that 16-0 is meaningless.

dirk digler
12-30-2007, 09:45 AM
"I hate/love my neighbor, his success reminds how unsuccessful I am." :rolleyes:

congrats, amno, it's pretty damn impressive, no matter how it turns out.

I don't hate the Pats I am extremely jealous actually.

The bar has been set high by their owner which is pretty cool unlike our absentee owner.

stevieray
12-30-2007, 09:47 AM
I don't hate the Pats I am extremely jealous actually.

The bar has been set high by their owner which is pretty cool unlike our absentee owner.

thank you for proving my point...

BigMeatballDave
12-30-2007, 09:47 AM
"I hate my neighbor, his success reminds how unsuccessful I am." :rolleyes:

congrats, amno, it's pretty damn impressive, no matter how it turns out.No one is saying 16-0 isn't great. Hell, its never happened, but it will only be a number without the Lombardy trophy at the end.

I look back on the Chiefs 3, 13-win seasons in disgust. 3 times they let golden opportunities slip away.

stevieray
12-30-2007, 09:50 AM
No one is saying 16-0 isn't great. Hell, its never happened, but it will only be a number without the Lombardy trophy at the end.

I look back on the Chiefs 3, 13-win seasons in disgust. 3 times they let golden opportunities slip away.

thank you too... :)

dirk digler
12-30-2007, 09:50 AM
thank you for proving my point...

What point is that? That I am jealous of their organization? Yes I am and I fully admit it. I am not knocking down the Pats at all.

BigMeatballDave
12-30-2007, 09:53 AM
thank you too... :)Sorry, but I am missing your point. I mentioned in another thread that I have a hard time hating a team I want my team to emulate.

stevieray
12-30-2007, 09:55 AM
What point is that? That I am jealous of their organization? Yes I am and I fully admit it. I am not knocking down the Pats at all.

that you used the pats success as a reason to dog clark..

Reerun_KC
12-30-2007, 09:59 AM
Why not, retaining Carl doesnt give Clark a free pass....

When Clark steps up and proves to the fans that he cares, then maybe we wont dog him, until then, he is a nutless assclown.

stevieray
12-30-2007, 10:02 AM
Why not, retaining Carl doesnt give Clark a free pass....

When Clark steps up and proves to the fans that he cares, then maybe we wont dog him, until then, he is a nutless assclown.

Nutless assclown...? :shake:

dude, you sticking around all offseason spewing the same thing definitely makes someone a nutless assclown, and it isn't Clark..

BigMeatballDave
12-30-2007, 10:06 AM
that you used the pats success as a reason to dog clark..We need an aggressive owner. I hope Clark can be this guy. He hasn't shown it yet...

Reerun_KC
12-30-2007, 10:08 AM
Nutless assclown...? :shake:

dude, you sticking around all offseason spewing the same thing definitely makes someone a nutless assclown, and it isn't Clark..
ROFL...

Yeah okay...

You cant even put Clark/Lamar in the same ballpark as Kraft... There is no comparison... GET OVER IT, IT HAPPENS, ITS CALLED LIFE!

BTW, will be here all offseason and next season, and the offseason and season after that... :)

wazu
12-30-2007, 10:30 AM
I'll reserve judgement on Clark Hunt until later this week. The next couple of days will tell me all I need to know.

Bowser
12-30-2007, 10:34 AM
I'll reserve judgement on Clark Hunt until later this week. The next couple of days will tell me all I need to know.

I agree with this. Clark hasn't deserved to earn the wrath of Chiefs fans. Yet.

Skip Towne
12-30-2007, 10:35 AM
I'm all for Clark as long as he gets rid of Carl and Herm in a timely fashion. Like tomorrow.

Rasputin
12-30-2007, 10:43 AM

That's what I am waiting for, hopefully he does the right thing and fires Carl and brings in some one outside the Chiefs and brings us some respect in the league. Someone who has a goal of the Super Bowl & not just statis quo.

Psyko Tek
12-30-2007, 10:49 AM
Oh yeah they lost a game oh my god what failure that would be. You two are idiots. Jeez i think I lost 10 IQ points for reading those posts....

in the regular season
a loss is a loss...
but in the playoffs the loss in the end

it would be a choke job

ChiTown
12-30-2007, 11:05 AM

Really?

CP obviously has pictures of Lamar butt-****ing an alpaca, because there are no other explanations as to why he is still here..........

Sure-Oz
12-30-2007, 11:08 AM
w3rd

stevieray
12-30-2007, 12:45 PM
ROFL...

Yeah okay...

You cant even put Clark/Lamar in the same ballpark as Kraft... There is no comparison...

I'm not comparing Clark, you are...and deep down you know why.

Do you do that to your kids?

"Damnit, why can't you be more like Biff Chipperton?"

Oh, I have no doubt you'll be around..putting your time and energy into something positive is way over your head and out of your league.

dirk digler
12-30-2007, 01:10 PM

I am going to give Clark the benefit of the doubt until Monday. If nothing changes then we know where he stands and that is for mediocrity.

Mecca
12-30-2007, 01:15 PM
What exactly is Stevie trying to say...we shouldn't strive to be an elite organization?

dirk digler
12-30-2007, 01:17 PM
What exactly is Stevie trying to say...we shouldn't strive to be an elite organization?

That we should be nice to Clark I suppose and quit comparing the Chiefs to the Pats.

I don't quite get it

Bowser
12-30-2007, 01:19 PM
Apparently, Stevie has gotten over it.

stevieray
12-30-2007, 01:33 PM
I am going to give Clark the benefit of the doubt until Monday. If nothing changes then we know where he stands and that is for mediocrity.

And I think that is a fair and reasoned stance from a fans perspective.

The Pats punked everyone this year. Taking a Captain Obvious statement from Kraft and using it to compare to a first year owner is pointless, just like some here comparing Brodie to Favre.

You gonna tell me that every other owner wouldn't say the same thing? The record isn't bigger than the SB. His statement doesn't make him "better" or more "driven" than Clark.

Al Bundy
12-30-2007, 01:35 PM
Get over it Chiefs fans.

Messier
12-30-2007, 01:39 PM
Every GM in the league is a little miffed at the Pat's success I'll wager. Because, it's not a formula you can just copy. Starting with Tom Brady. See the first thing you do is get the best QB in the league in the 6th round and you're on your way!

Simplex3
12-30-2007, 01:40 PM
...putting your time and energy into something positive is way over your head and out of your league.
LMAO

dirk digler
12-30-2007, 01:41 PM
And I think that is a fair and reasoned stance from a fans perspective.

The Pats punked everyone this year. Taking a Captain Obvious statement from Kraft and using it to compare to a first year owner is pointless, just like some here comparing Brodie to Favre.

You gonna tell me that every other owner wouldn't say the same thing? The record isn't bigger than the SB. His statement doesn't make him "better" or more "driven" than Clark.

That is a fair statement Stevie but I guess the problem I have is Clark doesn't EVER say anything so that leads everyone to guess what he is thinking and what his intentions are.

Supposedly he is going to have a press conference after the season is over so he can address the media and the fans of what his goals are because right now they are as clear as mud.

mlyonsd
12-30-2007, 01:57 PM
My hopes are Clark is taking everything in and will clean house in a year or two.

But I'm a Chief's fan and historically give the team more benefit of the doubt than I should.

Ultra Peanut
12-30-2007, 02:06 PM
Kraft knows all about Boston's suffering.

For far too long, the Revolution have made it to the brink and failed to win it all.

dirk digler
12-30-2007, 02:23 PM
My hopes are Clark is taking everything in and will clean house in a year or two.

But I'm a Chief's fan and historically give the team more benefit of the doubt than I should.

IMHO there should be no more waiting to clean house because this off season maybe the most important the Chiefs have had in 19-20 years . The time is now.

mlyonsd
12-30-2007, 02:25 PM
IMHO there should be no more waiting to clean house because this off season maybe the most important the Chiefs have had in 19-20 years . The time is now.

I can't argue that but I don't see Clark doing it that quickly after his dad died. I can see him let Herm/CP have one more year, but if it goes down hill he'd better get out the axe.

Unless of course his goal is to rebuild the fan base. ROFL

1ChiefsDan
12-30-2007, 02:37 PM
IMHO there should be no more waiting to clean house because this off season maybe the most important the Chiefs have had in 19-20 years . The time is now.Why is this offseason any more important than other?

Mecca
12-30-2007, 02:38 PM
Why is this offseason any more important than other?

Because this is the first time the team has truly bottomed out and appears to have no direction at all?

dirk digler
12-30-2007, 03:01 PM
I can't argue that but I don't see Clark doing it that quickly after his dad died. I can see him let Herm/CP have one more year, but if it goes down hill he'd better get out the axe.

You're probably right that he won't but he should. He needs to make a statement

dirk digler
12-30-2007, 03:02 PM

Mecca nailed it

Bugeater
12-30-2007, 03:03 PM

Eh, too late for that.
It's easier to "clean house" after (potentially) a 4-win season. If Herl returns next year to go 7-9 or 8-8 it will be spun as "progress" and the argument will be made that they just "need more time".