PDA

View Full Version : Herm's post game

the Talking Can
12-30-2007, 06:58 PM
Talking to Lenny and Mitch

- said they would draft and START young players next year, said they did it at Tampa when he was there(?)

- when asked if the roster will change dramatically he stifled a "duh" and said "yes"...I expect, and hope, for a blood letting...

- asked about staff changes and said "if you're going to do it you do it sooner rather than later"....his mind is clearly already made up about Solari, I'm curious if he has the balls to wack Gunther..

pikesome
12-30-2007, 07:03 PM
Talking to Lenny and Mitch

- said they would draft and START young players next year, said they did it at Tampa when he was there(?)

- when asked if the roster will change dramatically he stifled a "duh" and said "yes"...I expect, and hope, for a blood letting...

- asked about staff changes and said "if you're going to do it you do it sooner rather than later"....his mind is clearly already made up about Solari, I'm curious if he has the balls to wack Gunther..

I call mostly bullshit. Regardless of who the bigger idiot is, as long as Herm and CP are both there it ain't happening. Maybe Herm by himself would but ...

siberian khatru
12-30-2007, 07:04 PM
- said they would draft and START young players next year,

Unless the games are too close, right?

I'll believe it when I see it. I'll believe it when there's not a President/CEO/GM hanging over his shoulders saying "Wait a minute, let's talk about this ..."

Hammock Parties
12-30-2007, 07:04 PM
Herm and Gunther are in love. They will never part.

Bowser
12-30-2007, 07:05 PM
It sure looked like it was Dick Curl calling the plays today.

siberian khatru

That's too bad, because I'd whack Gun.

OnTheWarpath15
Unless the games are too close, right?

I'll believe it when I see it. I'll believe it when there's not a President/CEO/GM hanging over his shoulders saying "Wait a minute, let's talk about this ..."

No shit.

blueballs
12-30-2007, 07:06 PM
Check the coaches waiver wire for a ST coach

chiefqueen
12-30-2007, 07:07 PM

Do everyone a favor & hold off on posting the pics.

ChiefGator
12-30-2007, 07:09 PM

Explain please...

I hope he was handed the reigns today, since it shows he sucks at OC as well.

Bowser
12-30-2007, 07:12 PM
Explain please...

I hope he was handed the reigns today, since it shows he sucks at OC as well.

It looked like he was the one talking to Brodie on the walkie talkie. He could have just been relaying the calls from Solari, though.

Priest4Prez
12-30-2007, 07:12 PM
We need a new O-line, Waters can stay for a few more years but that is the only acception

ChiefGator
12-30-2007, 07:14 PM
It looked like he was the one talking to Brodie on the walkie talkie. He could have just been relaying the calls from Solari, though.

Ah... here's hoping they don't promote that dick curl.. uh.. Dick Curl.

OnTheWarpath15
12-30-2007, 07:19 PM
Mitch:

There's gonna be a lot of news, and it's gonna come quickly.

:hmmm:

dirk digler
If Clark Hunt had any balls or sense he would clean house but I am guessing he has neither so we are stuck with stupidity and mediocrity.

Dylan

nooooo.... dick curl manages the clock

:shrug:

DaneMcCloud
12-30-2007, 07:20 PM
Mitch:

I hope he heard this "news" from Clark and not Carl.

Simplex3
12-30-2007, 07:21 PM
If Clark Hunt had any balls or sense he would clean house but I am guessing he has neither so we are stuck with stupidity and mediocrity.
My sentiments exactly.

siberian khatru
12-30-2007, 07:22 PM
Mitch:

The bus's wheels are gonna be stained with the blood of assistant coaches.

ChiefGator
12-30-2007, 07:23 PM
Mitch:

I hope the firings and cuts come quickly.. but they take their time with hirings. Some good head coaches may lose their jobs....

"Good luck with your layoffs, all right? I hope your firings go really well. "

Eleazar
12-30-2007, 07:24 PM
They kept saying throughout the game on the radio that changes would begin fast, possibly tomorrow.

Bowser
12-30-2007, 07:26 PM
They kept saying throughout the game on the radio that changes would begin fast, possibly tomorrow.

As they should. I just hope Clark is the one making the changes, not Carl and Herm.

dirk digler
12-30-2007, 07:27 PM
As they should. I just hope Clark is the one making the changes, not Carl and Herm.

Yep. I am hoping Carl is the first to go but I doubt it

dallaschiefsfan
12-30-2007, 07:29 PM
Yeah...because 10 draft picks...or 20 draft picks, it doesn't matter. You have to be able to draft smart and you have to be able to coach smart. I have no confidence in either.

HemiEd
12-30-2007, 07:29 PM
Yep, Herm was solely responsible for the 4 wins. Everyone else was responsible for the 12 losses.

2 years in a row now, the season finale was unwatchable. (but I did)

blueballs
12-30-2007, 07:33 PM
They must have some replacements in mind
and want to move fast

Rain Man
12-30-2007, 07:37 PM
Yawn...in the past 20 years I've learned what "big changes" mean. They mean that we'll bring in someone's buddy at some position where someone else's buddy is incompetent.

The secret to success in the NFL is to treat it like a business, not an old boy's club. We've practically got Skull and Crossbones here. Nobody gets in unless they're related to a current member or a friend of a current member.

dallaschiefsfan
12-30-2007, 07:43 PM
Yawn...in the past 20 years I've learned what "big changes" mean. They mean that we'll bring in someone's buddy at some position where someone else's buddy is incompetent.

The secret to success in the NFL is to treat it like a business, not an old boy's club. We've practically got Skull and Crossbones here. Nobody gets in unless they're related to a current member or a friend of a current member.

That's why they need to kill the head of the snake...which they probably won't do. If they do by some miracle, we don't need to revisit old personalitites...we need to get a guy that's been in a successful organization--the Cheif's version of Dayton Moore.

TEX
12-30-2007, 07:43 PM
Yep, Herm was solely responsible for the 4 wins. Everyone else was responsible for the 12 losses.

2 years in a row now, the season finale was unwatchable. (but I did)

But offensively this team looked like the same one that played Indy last year in the playoffs, so at this point, games like today are much easier to watch.

RedThat
12-30-2007, 07:44 PM
Watch what's gonna happen, Solari is gonna get canned. Poor guy.
They'll prolly keep Gunther around. It won't surprise me.

Our offense is going to be the exact same. And hopefully others will realize that it wasn't Solari's fault. herm pulls these tactics, his offenses suck to complete garbage then he'll fire the offensive co-ordinator. He did that in New York.

the way I look at it, Solari is just a "yes" man on how things want to get done in KC. who is just working under a head coach who coaches conservatively and handcuffs offenses like no other. So with that being said, Solari will prolly be held accountable and be the scapegoat for another mans failures.

just watch..grab the popcorn and get ready to watch the arrogance being displayed to it's finest.

Skip Towne
12-30-2007, 07:45 PM

Sad but true

KCTitus
12-30-2007, 07:45 PM
Im not sure I understand this...so now, on the heels of a 4-12 season in which the team is on a 9 game losing streak, changes need to be made?

What about the abortion of a playoff game last year? Why werent these changes done last year? What was the point of riding the 'vermeil' system for a year to see whether or not Herm could make it work only to take a bigger dump in year two?

If KC is dumping half the team and the coaches this offseason, they are for all intents and purposes taking a tanker of gasoline and matches to the 2008-09 season.

That means that in Herm and Carl's final year -- the 09-10 season we have to hope what they failed to do before last year and this last pre-season will work this time around?

No thanks...this isnt going to work. Just end it all now and burn it to the ground from the top all the way down...I mean, GM, coach, personnel staff, coaching staff, towel boy, everyone. Arrowhead is in desperate need of an enema...just like Lamar did in 1988.

OnTheWarpath15
12-30-2007, 07:46 PM
Poor guy?

Blame Carl.

He never should have been given the job to begin with.

TEX
12-30-2007, 07:46 PM

Yep. And it's been setting up for this type of final act all year - when the one's who are doing the "throwing" should be the first ones to get rolled.

Fly O.T. McWall
12-30-2007, 07:48 PM
Im not sure I understand this...so now, on the heels of a 4-12 season in which the team is on a 9 game losing streak, changes need to be made?

What about the abortion of a playoff game last year? Why werent these changes done last year? What was the point of riding the 'vermeil' system for a year to see whether or not Herm could make it work only to take a bigger dump in year two?

If KC is dumping half the team and the coaches this offseason, they are for all intents and purposes taking a tanker of gasoline and matches to the 2008-09 season.

That means that in Herm and Carl's final year -- the 09-10 season we have to hope what they failed to do before last year and this last pre-season will work this time around?

No thanks...this isnt going to work. Just end it all now and burn it to the ground from the top all the way down...I mean, GM, coach, personnel staff, coaching staff, towel boy, everyone. Arrowhead is in desperate need of an enema...just like Lamar did in 1988.

THIS TEAM NEEDS AN ENEMA!

http://www.garnersclassics.com/pics/batman/joker2.jpg

dirk digler
12-30-2007, 07:48 PM

I agree but hey we are just stupid deranged fans

TEX
12-30-2007, 07:49 PM

Quite possibly the best post of the year. Props to you sir. :clap:

Logical
12-30-2007, 08:10 PM

Amen Titus, Amen

OctoberFart
12-30-2007, 08:23 PM
That's too bad, because I'd whack Gun.

You and GOQUEER are on completely different pages. While you would whack him GOQUEER would whack him off.

Hammock Parties
12-30-2007, 08:25 PM
You and GOQUEER are on completely different pages. While you would whack him GOQUEER would whack him off.

No, I do not have an ounce of faith in Gunther.

a1na2
12-30-2007, 08:26 PM
I hope the firings and cuts come quickly.. but they take their time with hirings. Some good head coaches may lose their jobs....
"

I hope it starts with the HC and moves downstream. I'm OK with CP but if they actually clean house with the coaching staff, he should go too.

xbarretx
12-30-2007, 08:27 PM
No, I do not have an ounce of faith in Gunther.

Come on good Christian man, "tell the truth and shame the Devil!"

Agent V
12-30-2007, 08:28 PM
I hope to see swift change, honestly. I mean, to repeat the above statement, the team needs an enema. Solari shouldn't stand a chance at another season. Hell, he should have his belongings thrown to him in a box in the parking lot. He seems to be the most obvious choice to swiftly get rid of. But will Carl's ego allow him to fire someone he put in that place to begin with?