PDA

View Full Version : Positions of strength

chubychecker
12-30-2007, 11:45 PM
Let's change it up a bit. What are the positions of strength on this team, both in talent and depth/youth?
We have a long ways to go and our front office sure doesn't inspire much confidence. In the NFL you are never as good or bad as you look from one year to the next. Seven playoff teams this did not have a winning record last year.

DE: As long as we retain Allen we should be solid here for years to come.
LB: Not really a position of strength for us but not a weakness either. Edwards won't be here forever though.

RB: We are fine here with LJ and Smith.
C: Either with Wiegeman or Waters for the next 3-5 years.

P: Colquitt may be our best player even though he struggled down the stretch.

L.A. Chieffan
12-30-2007, 11:45 PM
We're set on kick returning

blueballs
12-30-2007, 11:49 PM
10 draft selections
95% high in the round picks

ChiefsCountry
12-30-2007, 11:51 PM
Running Back
Punter
Defensive End

Tight end sort of, but we need major depth. Just like everything else on the team.

acesn8s
12-30-2007, 11:52 PM
After watching the games this season...I would say the Chiefs position of strength is...

...bent over.

chubychecker
12-30-2007, 11:53 PM
After watching the games this season...I would say the Chiefs position of strength is...

...bent over.

Can't help but laugh at that ROFL

SBK
12-30-2007, 11:53 PM
We have the best TE to ever play. Outside of that every position needs huge improvements.

jjchieffan
12-30-2007, 11:57 PM
WR depth sucks, but Bowe is certainly a strength. TG is a strength. Will Allen step up next year? big question mark there. DT...Boone seems to be a big improvement from years past. Tank and Turk weren't great, but hopefully they will develop into a strength next year.

Extra Point
12-31-2007, 12:11 AM
Colquitt, Gonzales, Webb, Bowe, Kinght, Waters, Wilson (not as FB), Wilkerson, Allen, Hali, Tyler, McBride, Harris (2nd down and long), Edwards (for only one more year), Brackenridge, Page (with coaching), Pollard, Huard (BU), Croyle (with OL help).

Everyone else can go. or read the writing on the wall and improve.

Surtain and Law are done here. Drummond has made his mark, and Carl can clean up the shit stain upon his departure.

Anyone want to see Martz at OC?

el borracho
12-31-2007, 12:22 AM
On offense:

RB is a position of strength, although I would not say we are set (LJ and Smith look good enough for 2 but we need one more and a FB)

TE is a position of strength, although I would not say we are set (no depth behind Gonzalez and Dunn is finished)

On defense:

DE is a position of strength, although I would not say we are set (no depth behind the starters)

LB is a position of strength, although I would not say we are set (our MLB sucks and, like everything else, we lack depth)

On special teams:

P is a position of strength

OnTheWarpath15
12-31-2007, 12:28 AM
Anyone want to see Martz at OC?

Nope. Throw the ball 50 times a game? Wouldn't have to worry about running LJ into the ground, he'd get 8 touches a game.

And Martz is going to SF anyway.

Archie Bunker
12-31-2007, 12:30 AM
The Chiefs have no positions of strength. RB is the only boarderline case but who knows what LJ will do in 08 and Smith is still unproven. The rest of the positions either have little or no talent(QB,FB,T,RG,DT,MLB,CB,S) or have good starters and no depth(WR,TE,LG,DE,OLB).

This is a sad roster.