PDA

View Full Version : So what young players did we find out about?

KevB
12-31-2007, 09:51 AM
That implies we found some young players who can play. Here's a list of "young" players off the top of my head:

Bowe : Stud

Croyle : We know nothing more than we did when the season started. NFL arm, injury prone, makes mistakes, can he win?

Kolby Smith : A bright spot, but nothing more than the #2 RB. Yipee.

Svitek, Niswanger, Stallings, etc. : Did they show enough to assume they can start in the league? I think not.

Page and Pollard : Average at best, and they've had enough time to prove themselves.

Brackenridge : Would you be comfortable starting him? Thought so.

DJ : Came into his own this year.

Turk and Tank : Underachieved, even for rookies.

So what did we find out that was positive? Bowe can play, DJ is good, Kolby Smith is nice depth. Both lines, the secondary, and two LB spots are still shaky at best as far as our youth movement. And nobody knows if we have a QB. Yes, a wildly successful development year.

:banghead:

suds79
12-31-2007, 10:07 AM
I'll add to that.

Jeff Webb: Not much better than Samie Parker :banghead:

CHENZ A!
12-31-2007, 10:08 AM
Bowe is good, everyone else is shitty.

eazyb81
12-31-2007, 10:16 AM
Bowe is God, everyone else is shitty.

FYP

Archie Bunker
12-31-2007, 10:41 AM
Croyle-Showed a starting NFL arm but backup QB size and durability. Earned 1 more yr with hopefully a new OC.

Smith-Maybe Herms best draft pick. He proved to be a nice #2 RB with a shot at being a legit #1. Love his running style.

Bowe-A beast that will only get better with more talent around him. The sky is the limit.

Wilson/Grigsby-Neither are FBs or NFL quality players IMO.

Webb-Meh. Typical 4th or 5th WR.

Stallings/Niswanger/Taylor/Svitek- Niswanger and Taylor are the only 2 that showed enough potential for spots next year. Niswanger IMO will start at either C or RG. Its time to end the Svitek experiment.

Alllen-Stud

Hali-Is what he is. Solid 8-9 sack guy.

Tank and Turk- So far they look like the next in a long line of draft failures at DT. Too early to give up on them though.

DJ-Very nice LB could be great will real coaching.

Fox-Will never be healthy.

Brackenrigde-Fine at nickel CB with the potential for more IMO.

Sapp-I think he has improved alot in the past few years in coverage. He can do more than just blitz. He is fine as the 3rd or 4th CB.

Patterson-Meh

Page/Pollard- Of the 2 young safeties Page is the only one with a chance to be an average starter. I cringe whenever Pollard is on the field. The "Bonecrusher" has never crushed a bone in the NFL, shows a lack of speed and cover skills. Career special teamer IMO.

Colquitt-Awesome.