PDA

View Full Version : Who is gone next season?

BigMeatballDave
12-31-2007, 01:42 PM
Defensive Coordinator - Gunther Cunningham
Offensive Coordinator - Mike Solari
Assistant Offensive Line - Bob Bicknell
Linebackers - Don Blackmon
Assistant Head Coach/Quarterbacks - Dick Curl
Tight Ends - Jon Embree
Defensive Backs - David Gibbs
Wide Receivers - Charlie Joiner
Defensive Assistant - Michael Ketchum
Defensive Line - Tim Krumrie
Offensive Line - John Matsko
Offensive Assistant/Quality Control - Kevin Patullo
Special Teams - Mike Priefer
Running Backs - James Saxon
Assistant Strength and Conditioning - Brent Salazar
Strength and Conditioning - Cedric Smith
Defensive Assistant/Quality Control - Darvin Wallis

BigMeatballDave
12-31-2007, 01:43 PM
Tim Krumrie is the only guy I like.

mikeyis4dcats.
12-31-2007, 01:43 PM
no way will we axe both coordinators in the same offseason

BigMeatballDave
12-31-2007, 01:44 PM
Curl and Solari better be packing as I type.

el borracho
12-31-2007, 01:46 PM
Gun and whoever he wants to retain on D can stay. Everyone on O and Special Teams should be gone by the end of the day.

Archie Bunker
I would love to replace Gun with Rob Ryan but that is just wishful thinking.

I think the following WILL be gone.

Tight Ends - Jon Embree

The only offensive coaches I see returning are Saxon and Curl.

kstater
The OLine coach has an assistant? What have these two been doing all year? Taking turns on Carl?

BigMeatballDave
12-31-2007, 01:53 PM
The OLine coach has an assistant? What have these two been doing all year? Taking turns on Carl?Well its not easy teaching proper turnstile techniques...

Stewie
12-31-2007, 01:54 PM
Who's gone? About 20,000 season ticket holders!

88TG88
Whats wrong with Joiner ?

BigMeatballDave
Dont know what these guys have done/not done to deserve getting fired. Dont think "strength and conditioning" is really a problem.I just posted the whole list for reference.

bowener
12-31-2007, 01:56 PM
Is anyone else disappointed we havent heard of anyone being fired yet? Seriously, how long can it take to tell Solari he ****ing blows, and then have him pack up his trapper keeper he keeps all 12 of his loose leaf sheets of paper in?

patteeu
12-31-2007, 01:59 PM
AFAICS, none of them, up to and including the head coach, should feel secure. The only one I will say *has* to go for the sake of my sanity is Mike Priefer.

talastan
12-31-2007, 02:02 PM
I think Solari, Curl (hopefully), Priefer are gone.

I also think that those new strength and conditioning coaches need to be canned as well. Way too many injuries this season that might have been prevented with proper conditioning IMO.

Coogs
12-31-2007, 02:03 PM
Gun and whoever he wants to retain on D can stay.

:shake:

Dude has had 4 years.

Wanted all the guys resigned the first year. Done. Just needed to move the safties up or back a little bit. Threw those guys under the bus. No talent.

Gave Carl shopping list, Got it + more. Threw DV and his assistants under the bus.

Got his man Herm for the HC. Got new scheme. Got some more new players. Gonna make Mitchell a stud. Threw Mitchell under the bus with some others.

Got his battries recharged. Got some more new toys. Still middle of the pack defense. And don't tell me it is the offense's fault. The Bears a couple of years ago had just as many 3-and-outs on offense if not more than the Chiefs had this season, and still led the NFL in defense.

Time for Gun to take his parting gifts and move on.

Archie Bunker
12-31-2007, 02:04 PM

Dude has had 4 years.

Wanted all the guys resigned the first year. Done. Just needed to move the safties up or back a little bit. Threw those guys under the bus. No talent.

Gave Carl shopping list, Got it + more. Threw DV and his assistants under the bus.

Got his man Herm for the HC. Got new scheme. Got some more new players. Gonna make Mitchell a stud. Threw Mitchell under the bus with some others.

Got his battries recharged. Got some more new toys. Still middle of the pack defense. And don't tell me it is the offenses fault. The Bears a couple of years ago had just as many 3-and-outs on offense if not more that the Chiefs had this season, and still led the NFL in defense.

:clap:

bowener
12-31-2007, 02:06 PM

Dude has had 4 years.

Got his battries recharged. Got some more new toys. Still middle of the pack defense. And don't tell me it is the offense's fault. The Bears a couple of years ago had just as many 3-and-outs on offense if not more than the Chiefs had this season, and still led the NFL in defense.

:thumb:

siberian khatru
12-31-2007, 02:07 PM
I wouldn't be surprised to see half of them go.

Solari and Priefer are definitely gone. And I still think Gun is going to get the ax.

Edit: I just read what Coogs said about Gun. Absolutely right. He deserves to be whacked.

Archie Bunker
12-31-2007, 02:09 PM
I wouldn't be surprised to see half of them go.

Solari and Priefer are definitely gone. And I still think Gun is going to get the ax.

Hope you're right about Gunther. He would be the icing on the cake.

InChiefsHeaven
12-31-2007, 02:57 PM
No way do they get rid of Gunther...remember the "defense" was the only "bright spot" on the team this season...:rolleyes:

The only way Gun would be gone is if the D had been a complete and total abomination which I think everyone has to admit they were not. But they still choked in the clutch, which is coaching, and I think Gun SHOULD be gone. But I also just can't see them doing that. They'll find someone else to blame for that. They'll say the D is ascending and improving, blah blah blah.

Gun ain't going anywhere.

AggressiveNapkin
12-31-2007, 03:00 PM
Hopefully Solari and Curl.

Solari has some of the worst play calling possible..maybe we can demote the guy back to the O-Line.

I'm not sure what Dick Curl actually does. I think he is going senile and hasn't really done anything positive since he has been here.

RedandGold
12-31-2007, 03:12 PM

Dude has had 4 years.

Excellent post! :clap:

el borracho
12-31-2007, 03:23 PM
We have not had a quality DT here in ages. It all starts up front and you will never have a top ranked defense without a top DT. I am happy with Gun but open to the idea of improvement. Who does everybody want if not Gun?

BigRock
12-31-2007, 03:42 PM
Wanted all the guys resigned the first year. Done.

Where in the world did you get that from? That was entirely on Carl and Dick refusing to admit their shortcomings and insisting they already had the talent in place for a good defense. Vermeil said they were going to re-sign all their guys before Gunther was even hired back. He had nothing to do with it.

Carl and DV acted like all we needed was for Gun to wave a magic wand over their skilled defensive players and suddenly they'd be world beaters. When that didn't work, and they finally realized the guys they had put on the team sucked, they had no choice but to sign more FAs the next year.

Gave Carl shopping list, Got it + more.
Not even close. Carl signed the second and third options on Gun's list after bringing in all the guys Gun really wanted and then lowballing them.

I don't say any of this to defend Gun. I don't care if he stays at this point. But there's no need to completely twist what went on.

joemama
12-31-2007, 04:45 PM
Is anyone else disappointed we havent heard of anyone being fired yet? Seriously, how long can it take to tell Solari he ****ing blows, and then have him pack up his trapper keeper he keeps all 12 of his loose leaf sheets of paper in?

ROFL

penchief
12-31-2007, 04:52 PM

Dude has had 4 years.

I agree, too.

Mecca
12-31-2007, 04:54 PM
Why do people like Tim Krumrie cause he yells and screams?

He coached Buffalo before here, who's he developed into a good player? We have 2 first day lineman this year that did jack shit. He got Buffalo to use a first day pick on Tim Anderson a DT cause he was good at his little slap fight, guy was awful...

I've yet to see what he's done that's great as a coach.

Archie Bunker
12-31-2007, 04:56 PM
Why do people like Tim Krumrie cause he yells and screams?

Its the only reason I can figure out. He's done wonders so far. :rolleyes:

Tank and Turk showed no improvement and his prized pupil Edwards is invisible.

Nightfyre
12-31-2007, 04:59 PM
Defensive Coordinator - Gunther Cunningham
Linebackers - Don Blackmon
Assistant Head Coach/Quarterbacks - Dick Curl
Tight Ends - Jon Embree
Defensive Backs - David Gibbs
Defensive Assistant - Michael Ketchum
Defensive Line - Tim Krumrie
Running Backs - James Saxon
Assistant Strength and Conditioning - Brent Salazar
Strength and Conditioning - Cedric Smith
Defensive Assistant/Quality Control - Darvin Wallis
Why'd you leave out the fans? I'm sure many will be gone (albeit voluntarily.)

Ebolapox
12-31-2007, 05:07 PM
not to beat a dead horse, but 30,000 season ticket holders are gone next year.

penchief
12-31-2007, 05:23 PM
Where in the world did you get that from? That was entirely on Carl and Dick refusing to admit their shortcomings and insisting they already had the talent in place for a good defense. Vermeil said they were going to re-sign all their guys before Gunther was even hired back. He had nothing to do with it.

Carl and DV acted like all we needed was for Gun to wave a magic wand over their skilled defensive players and suddenly they'd be world beaters. When that didn't work, and they finally realized the guys they had put on the team sucked, they had no choice but to sign more FAs the next year.

Not even close. Carl signed the second and third options on Gun's list after bringing in all the guys Gun really wanted and then lowballing them.

I don't say any of this to defend Gun. I don't care if he stays at this point. But there's no need to completely twist what went on.

Gun lobbied for Bell. He drooled over Siavii. He wanted to waste draft picks on unheralded college safeties so he could turn them into oversized corners in the NFL. Gun's method of motivation is profanity. He got lucky with players that Peterson and Schottenheimer drafted. He has no ability to evaluate talent. And his only skill is scheming gameplans that use a lot of blitzes. But because he's one dimensional he has become a liability. We're as predictable on defense as we are on offense thank's to his limitations. The best thing that could happen, imo, is the firing of both coordinators.

I'll give Herman a pass this year because I like his eye for players. This roster is getting turned over big time and a lot of young guys are getting a look. That's a far cry from the Vermeil ideal of letting your future rot on the vine. I believe the more guys that Herm brings in the more good football players we're going to have. Even guys that are in their first couple years could still emerge. Nearly half the roster is first or second year players. We've got another draft coming up and we've got some leverage in that draft. Let's wait and see what Edwards does. If he drafts like he has thus far, we might actually start to see the seeds of something good.

blueballs
12-31-2007, 05:39 PM
Saxon came on board in 2001
since then it's been Priest to LJ to Smith
T-Rich was nothing special before blocking for Priest