PDA

View Full Version : So I am standing in line at Quik Trip...

RNR
12-31-2007, 05:18 PM
and this lady who dresses out around 250 is standing in front of me paying for her things. When she pays she uses a Vision card, I am thinking that should not be used for snacks.

Anyway I blow it off and pay for my stuff and leave. As I am walking to my truck she drives by me in a huge SUV with a set of rims and tires that all by themselfs would pay off my truck :#

Now maybe I am a hard ass but thats bullshit! If a person is so broke they need money from the poor box they should only buy things of need and damn sure not be driving a $50.000 Suv! Rant over it just pissed me off!

Deberg_1990
12-31-2007, 05:20 PM
Whats a vision card??

doomy3
12-31-2007, 05:21 PM
Whats a vision card??

Must be similar to food stamps

RNR
Whats a vision card??
It is like a credit card for food stamps

ottawa_chiefs_fan
Probably some college athlete's mom.

Deberg_1990
12-31-2007, 05:24 PM
Wow.

People like this should be investigated before they are given food stamps.

Thats just criminal.

In her defense, Those rims could have been a gift from someone else?? Who knows??

blueballs
Vision card
let's not hurt their pride
and call it the hand out card

kcfanXIII
my girlfriend works at aldi, some of the things she tells me about the people who use those cards would make me flip out. spending upwards of 150 bucks on snacks? so not only do i have to help you buy those snacks, but in 15 years when your children are diabetic i get to help with their medical bills. my favorite though, a lady came in and bought somehting like 100 dollars worth of meat. enough for the month right? wrong, she was having a bar b q.

RNR
12-31-2007, 05:25 PM
I'm guessing this big gal had a "tan" too? Just wonderin'.
I will stick with "lady" because it really does not matter who it is it is still bullshit.

RNR
12-31-2007, 05:31 PM
Wow.

Thats just criminal.

In her defense, Those rims could have been a gift from someone else?? Who knows??
I wish someone would give me a gift like that! along with a SUV!

Braincase
12-31-2007, 05:32 PM
Handicap sticker hanging from the rear-view mirror?

petegz28
12-31-2007, 05:57 PM
Democratic politics at their finest!

Rain Man
12-31-2007, 05:58 PM
In fairness, sometimes a person can lose their job and need food stamps while not wanting to sell their car. Dunno if that's the case here or not.

David.
12-31-2007, 05:59 PM
a vision card is a reloadable prepaid card....it's not a government hand out, it's a card people put their cash on.

we sell them all the time at radioshack.

jackasses.

Saulbadguy
12-31-2007, 06:00 PM
You should have pissed on her windshield.

Rain Man
12-31-2007, 06:04 PM
a vision card is a reloadable prepaid card....it's not a government hand out, it's a card people put their cash on.

jackasses.

Radio Shack processes food stamps? I had no idea.

Donger
12-31-2007, 06:06 PM

jackasses.

Actually, Radio Shack is the perfect place for selling overpriced crap, so food stamps would fit right in.

David.
12-31-2007, 06:08 PM
Actually, Radio Shack is the perfect place for selling overpriced crap, so food stamps would fit right in.

I completely agree, Radioshack is complete shit. All the same Vision cards are for people who don't have bank accounts...not goverment handout cards.

Fly O.T. McWall
12-31-2007, 06:08 PM

jackasses.
http://www.visionprepaid.com/

David.s right. this isn'ta big deal people.

on the subject though, years ago when i worked at a grocer store in high schooo, i bagged $100 in groceries for a woman who used a combo of wic and food stamps to pay. asked me to help her out to her car... which was a year-old corvette.

she tried to tip me. i told her, snidely while eyeing the vette, 'no thanks. you're on government assistance. you probably need that money more than i do.'

Rain Man
12-31-2007, 06:10 PM
I wonder what else I can get at Radio Shack that I don't know about. You go in there and they've got walls full of resistors and capacitors and weird wiring, and I figure that buried down on a bottom shelf somewhere they've got high-powered military lasers and invisibility cloaks and girl robots and all sorts of other stuff.

Saulbadguy
12-31-2007, 06:11 PM
My mistake, I should know better than to listen to what "RNR" says.

David.
12-31-2007, 06:14 PM
I wonder what else I can get at Radio Shack that I don't know about. You go in there and they've got walls full of resistors and capacitor and weird wiring, and I figure that buried down on a bottom shelf somewhere they've got high-powered military lasers and invisibility cloaks and girl robots and all sorts of other stuff.

over priced crap mostly. Radioshack sucks so much. I can get like...30% off on product and I bought $0.00 worth of christmas presents there. It's horrible.

Rain Man
12-31-2007, 06:15 PM
You didn't buy any resistors or capacitors for anybody as stocking stuffers?

Demonpenz
12-31-2007, 06:16 PM
Vision cards are prepaid cards you can get if you hate banks. i use them all the time

David.
12-31-2007, 06:17 PM
You didn't buy any resistors or capacitors for anybody as stocking stuffers?

we only have 4 rows of drawers with parts. Everything else is cell phone accessories, ipod accessories, toys, random home entertainment things and various other crap.

Skip Towne
12-31-2007, 06:19 PM
I priced a satellite finder at Radio Shack the other day......$40. 100 yards away at Atwoods, the identical meter.....$20.

Rain Man
12-31-2007, 06:19 PM
Vision cards are prepaid cards you can get if you hate banks. i use them all the time

Can you use them to buy food?

Rain Man
12-31-2007, 06:20 PM
I priced a satellite finder at Radio Shack the other day......$40. 100 yards away at Atwoods, the identical meter.....$20.

A satellite finder? I don't know what that is, but I really, really want one.

Deberg_1990
12-31-2007, 06:21 PM
How does Radio Shack survive in the days of Best Buy and Circuit City??

Skip Towne
12-31-2007, 06:22 PM
I can get you one for $12 at the wholesale place.

Eleazar
I wonder what else I can get at Radio Shack that I don't know about. You go in there and they've got walls full of resistors and capacitors and weird wiring, and I figure that buried down on a bottom shelf somewhere they've got high-powered military lasers and invisibility cloaks and girl robots and all sorts of other stuff.

I thought that about RS too. Then I went in there wanting antennas for my stereo... those FM and AM wire antennas... said they didn't sell them.

Must have needed the shelf space for more remote control cars or Tandys or something :spock:

David.

yeah we have it for 39.99. Everything is expensive there. But people pay the difference to have sales associates hold there hand and explain everything to them. The only reason Radioshack is open is because people generally have no idea what they need or want to buy.

David.
12-31-2007, 06:23 PM

it sounds way cooler than it actually is.

David.
12-31-2007, 06:25 PM
How does Radio Shack survive in the days of Best Buy and Circuit City??

Probably because there's a lot of towns that aren't big enough to have a BB or CC that Radioshack is just right for.

RNR
12-31-2007, 06:30 PM

jackasses.
We must be talking about different cards. Here in Wichita they have a special swipe box for the food stamp card, other cards use the standard swipe box. She used the food stamp box. I know it is a food stamp card because my worthless crackhead ex sister inlaw had one.

BigVE
12-31-2007, 06:31 PM
Probably because there's a lot of towns that aren't big enough to have a BB or CC that Radioshack is just right for.

Bingo. That along with SO many people being electronically challenged.

RNR
12-31-2007, 06:45 PM
We must be talking about different cards. Here in Wichita they have a special swipe box for the food stamp card, other cards use the standard swipe box. She used the food stamp box. I know it is a food stamp card because my worthless crackhead ex sister inlaw had one.

CoMoChief
12-31-2007, 07:18 PM
Probably some college athlete's mom.
just what I thought when I read that original post.

RNR
12-31-2007, 07:23 PM
commence with the raider jokes..
She is a Chiefs fan :)

ct
12-31-2007, 07:35 PM
Wow.

Thats just criminal.

A gift, yeah, that what you kids call it nowadays?

Chiefs_Mike_Topeka
12-31-2007, 08:05 PM

http://www.humec.ksu.edu/fnp/2008_Conference_Calls/For%20FNP%20Boards.pdf

Pg. 10 of the PDF

kstater
12-31-2007, 08:09 PM
http://www.humec.ksu.edu/fnp/2008_Conference_Calls/For%20FNP%20Boards.pdf

Pg. 10 of the PDF

So is it OK to bitch again?

Rain Man
12-31-2007, 09:48 PM
it sounds way cooler than it actually is.

I'm envisioning it as a low earth orbit rocket system complete with one of those suits that has the rocket pack on it for actually going to get the satellite. Is it less cool than that?

stumppy
12-31-2007, 09:51 PM
I didn't know you could get food stamps at Radio Shack. Cool

unlurking
12-31-2007, 10:44 PM
I'm envisioning it as a low earth orbit rocket system complete with one of those suits that has the rocket pack on it for actually going to get the satellite. Is it less cool than that?
If you buy the $20 discounted one, then yes. You need the full deluxe $40 model for the human sub-orbital flight package.

unlurking
12-31-2007, 10:45 PM
I didn't know you could get food stamps at Radio Shack. Cool
Just makes it easier for the shitheads on the interstate on ramps to get their HDTVs.