PDA

View Full Version : Donks gettin' busy

T-post Tom
12-31-2007, 08:13 PM
Meanwhile, all is quiet on the Arrowhead Front...
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Broncos | Weeks signed to future contract
Mon, 31 Dec 2007 16:40:15 -0800

The Denver Broncos have announced they have signed free-agent RB Marquis Weeks (Seahawks) to a future contract. Terms of the contract were not disclosed. He will officially be added to the roster at the conclusion of the 2007 NFL season in February.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Broncos | Vaughn signed to future contract
Mon, 31 Dec 2007 16:39:28 -0800

The Denver Broncos have announced they have signed free-agent SS Vickiel Vaughn (49ers) to a future contract. Terms of the contract were not disclosed. He will officially be added to the roster at the conclusion of the 2007 NFL season in February.

Broncos | Russell signed to future contract
Mon, 31 Dec 2007 16:37:19 -0800

The Denver Broncos have announced they have signed free-agent WR Cliff Russell (Lions) to a future contract. Terms of the contract were not disclosed. He will officially be added to the roster at the conclusion of the 2007 NFL season in February.

Broncos | Pierce signed to future contract
Mon, 31 Dec 2007 16:36:10 -0800

The Denver Broncos have announced they have signed free-agent TE Brett Pierce (Bears) to a future contract. Terms of the contract were not disclosed. He will officially be added to the roster at the conclusion of the 2007 NFL season in February.

Broncos | Morton signed to future contract
Mon, 31 Dec 2007 16:34:17 -0800

The Denver Broncos have announced they have signed free-agent CB Christian Morton (Panthers) to a future contract. Terms of the contract were not disclosed. He will officially be added to the roster at the conclusion of the 2007 NFL season in February.

Broncos | Katnik signed to future contract
Mon, 31 Dec 2007 16:31:10 -0800

The Denver Broncos have announced they have signed free-agent C Norm Katnik (Vikings) to a future contract. Terms of the contract were not disclosed. He will officially be added to the roster at the conclusion of the 2007 NFL season in February.

Broncos | Jenkins signed to future contract
Mon, 31 Dec 2007 16:28:52 -0800

The Denver Broncos have announced they have signed free-agent DL Julian Jenkins (Buccaneers) to a future contract. Terms of the contract were not disclosed. He will officially be added to the roster at the conclusion of the 2007 NFL season in February.

Broncos | Jackson signed to future contract
Mon, 31 Dec 2007 16:26:58 -0800

The Denver Broncos have announced they have signed free-agent FB Steven I. Jackson (Panthers) to a future contract. Terms of the contract were not disclosed. He will officially be added to the roster at the conclusion of the 2007 NFL season in February.

Broncos | Clemons signed to future contract
Mon, 31 Dec 2007 16:26:05 -0800

The Denver Broncos have announced they have signed free-agent DT Nic Clemons (Falcons) to a future contract. Terms of the contract were not disclosed. He will officially be added to the roster at the conclusion of the 2007 NFL season in February.

Broncos | Upshaw signed to future contract
Mon, 31 Dec 2007 16:13:33 -0800

The Denver Broncos have announced they have signed practice squad TE Chad Upshaw to a future contract. Terms of the contract were not disclosed. He will officially be added to the roster at the conclusion of the 2007 NFL season in February.

Broncos | McDaniel signed to future contract
Mon, 31 Dec 2007 16:11:31 -0800

The Denver Broncos have announced they have signed practice squad WR Marquay McDaniel to a future contract. Terms of the contract were not disclosed. He will officially be added to the roster at the conclusion of the 2007 NFL season in February.

Broncos | Fenton signed to future contract
Mon, 31 Dec 2007 16:09:57 -0800

The Denver Broncos have announced they have signed practice squad OG Mark Fenton to a future contract. Terms of the contract were not disclosed. He will officially be added to the roster at the conclusion of the 2007 NFL season in February.

Broncos | Brewster signed to future contract
Mon, 31 Dec 2007 16:07:33 -0800

The Denver Broncos have announced they have signed practice squad WR Carlton Brewster to a future contract. Terms of the contract were not disclosed. He will officially be added to the roster at the conclusion of the 2007 NFL season in February.

Broncos | Bozeman signed to future contract
Mon, 31 Dec 2007 16:05:22 -0800

The Denver Broncos have announced they have signed practice squad DT Michael Bozeman to a future contract. Terms of the contract were not disclosed. He will officially be added to the roster at the conclusion of the 2007 NFL season in February.

Broncos | Underwood signed to future contract
Mon, 31 Dec 2007 16:04:26 -0800

The Denver Broncos have announced they have signed free-agent SS Marviel Underwood (Broncos) to a future contract. Terms of the contract were not disclosed. He will officially be added to the roster at the conclusion of the 2007 NFL season in February.

Broncos | Burton signed to future contract
Mon, 31 Dec 2007 15:49:18 -0800

The Denver Broncos have announced they have signed practice squad DL Antwon Burton to a future contract. Terms of the contract were not disclosed. He will officially be added to the roster at the conclusion of the 2007 NFL season in February.

kstater
12-31-2007, 08:16 PM
So they signed a bunch of scrubs?

T-post Tom
12-31-2007, 08:21 PM
So they signed a bunch of scrubs?

They're doing their job: looking for talent. There's been many All Pros that started as "scrubs." (Tom Brady was a 6th round pick and Priest Holmes was undrafted.)

Messier
12-31-2007, 08:41 PM
Every team does this kind of thing. You'll see the Chiefs sign 20 players you've never heard of too.

el borracho
12-31-2007, 08:42 PM
OMG! The Broncos just signed Tom Brady and Priest Holmes! OMG!

blueballs
12-31-2007, 09:09 PM
There are enough things to be pissed about
to go looking for a fly speck in a grain silo

Chiefs_5627
12-31-2007, 09:26 PM
:rolleyes:

1ChiefsDan
12-31-2007, 09:44 PM
So they signed a bunch of scrubs?ROFLAll those big name free agents - going to break the bank.

Damn Chiefs protecting their salary cap.

T-post Tom
12-31-2007, 10:31 PM
I guess I didn't express myself very clearly. As in any business, those that hesitate are lost. It's obvious that someone in Denver has been evaluating talent and the front office is working feverishly to procure any potential upgrades. Hmmmmm... interesting concept. After a lackluster year, the Donks are making a concerted effort to get better? Yawn, right? Well, if just one or two of those "scrubs" can blossom into a solid contributor or a "playmaker," then the Denver front office out-hussled the other teams that failed to acquire that player. Score Denver.

I'm not looking for "a fly speck in a grain silo." I just find it interesting that while Peterson is talking about implementing a "plan," our arch rival is actually acting on implementing their plan. It's just another glaring indication of the inertia and ineptitude at 1 Arrowhead Drive. I'm sorry if that offends some of you, but that's my take and I'm sticking to it.

blueballs
12-31-2007, 10:46 PM
Two of three units should have different coordinators
the new people might like a say in any new personnel

T-post Tom
12-31-2007, 10:54 PM
Two of three units should have different coordinators
the new people might like a say in any new personnel

Good point, sir. But then most of the contracts for 2nd tier guys that are "ascending" allow for those guys to be waived with a negligible impact on the cap. Besides, Herm's still the HC. For better or worse.

blueballs
12-31-2007, 10:57 PM
They will be special teamers if anything
The new ST coach needs to pick his own
since the current ST players suck the penis

unlurking
12-31-2007, 10:57 PM
There are enough things to be pissed about
to go looking for a fly speck in a grain silo
very shaolin monk of you!

Messier
12-31-2007, 11:03 PM
I guess I didn't express myself very clearly. As in any business, those that hesitate are lost. It's obvious that someone in Denver has been evaluating talent and the front office is working feverishly to procure any potential upgrades. Hmmmmm... interesting concept. After a lackluster year, the Donks are making a concerted effort to get better? Yawn, right? Well, if just one or two of those "scrubs" can blossom into a solid contributor or a "playmaker," then the Denver front office out-hussled the other teams that failed to acquire that player. Score Denver.

I'm not looking for "a fly speck in a grain silo." I just find it interesting that while Peterson is talking about implementing a "plan," our arch rival is actually acting on implementing their plan. It's just another glaring indication of the inertia and ineptitude at 1 Arrowhead Drive. I'm sorry if that offends some of you, but that's my take and I'm sticking to it.

I think what others are saying is that while there is plenty to be angry about with the Chiefs, this isn't one of them. Being angry because the Broncos have signed a bunch of players that will be oh so lucky to be on any roster next season let alone the Bronco's is useless. I know your point is the Chiefs move slowly in the off season, and they do, but why get angry about this series of signings?

T-post Tom
12-31-2007, 11:31 PM
I think what others are saying is that while there is plenty to be angry about with the Chiefs, this isn't one of them. Being angry because the Broncos have signed a bunch of players that will be oh so lucky to be on any roster next season let alone the Bronco's is useless. I know your point is the Chiefs move slowly in the off season, and they do, but why get angry about this series of signings?

I'm not angry and I didn't think that I would come across that way. Now if you get a :mad: or :cuss: , then I'm probably peeved. Otherwise I'm just being fashionable and piling on the FO with everyone else. :) Actually, I thought the other football geeks would find it interesting. My bad.

Alphaman
01-01-2008, 01:13 AM

So are you saying we should ignore the 4 or 5 guys the Chiefs signed in the last 2 or 3 weeks to the team and to the practice squad?

King_Chief_Fan
01-01-2008, 10:15 AM
So are you saying we should ignore the 4 or 5 guys the Chiefs signed in the last 2 or 3 weeks to the team and to the practice squad?
nope, but we should ignore the signing of OT Jones from the Jets.

Alphaman
01-01-2008, 10:22 AM
nope, but we should ignore the signing of OT Jones from the Jets.

Why is he worse than the list of no names the Broncos just signed?

listopencil
01-01-2008, 10:35 AM
We're trying to find guys that don't suck because too many of our players do suck. It's pretty simple, really.

DenverChief
01-01-2008, 10:54 AM
OMG! The Broncos just signed Tom Brady and Priest Holmes! OMG!

F*CK!!