PDA

View Full Version : Trade Down

Marty Mac Ver 2.0
12-31-2007, 11:00 PM
If the Chiefs are hell bent on acquiring more picks, I think it might make sense to ship our 5th overall pick to Chicago (they need a franchise QB) and we take the 12th slot. With that, and this goes against my college loyalty, but we should take a flyer on CB Atoine Cason from the University of Arizona. His pre-draft stock is going to send him up into the 10-18 pick range.

Rasputin
12-31-2007, 11:02 PM
If the Chiefs are hell bent on acquiring more picks, I think it might make sense to ship our 5th overall pick to Chicago (they need a franchise QB) and we take the 12th slot. With that, and this goes against my college loyalty, but we should take a flyer on CB Atoine Cason from the University of Arizona. His pre-draft stock is going to send him up into the 10-18 pick range.

Neg rep by Rain Man in 3-2-1

blueballs
12-31-2007, 11:02 PM
Devin Hester

Rasputin
12-31-2007, 11:04 PM

Do yourself a favor and not suggest a trade down.

I don't want a trade down and neither does RainMan.

Tribal Warfare
12-31-2007, 11:05 PM

We have 9 other picks to trade down with why draft out of a great draft slot where Dorsey, Chris Long, or Ellis could be available?

Chiefspants
12-31-2007, 11:06 PM
For one, it will never happen, CP wants young picks now and said no free agents, And highly doubt we will screw up our top 5 pick

blueballs
12-31-2007, 11:06 PM
5-12
is a lot of draft points
major points me thinks

BigMeatballDave
12-31-2007, 11:10 PM
If Ryan and J. Long are gone, then maybe. I'd still like to have Sedrick Elllis, though.

BigMeatballDave
12-31-2007, 11:11 PM
We have 9 other picks to trade down with why draft out of a great draft slot where Dorsey, Chris Long, or Ellis could be available?Dorsey would be nice, but a long shot.

el borracho
12-31-2007, 11:17 PM
Punch yourself in the face repeatedly until this horrible idea is knocked out of your head.

Marty Mac Ver 2.0
12-31-2007, 11:20 PM
No way in hell does Doresy hop on the fall down train. He's going to be Parcells baby. Like I said, this is just a thought, good, bad or indifferent, just a suggestion. Besides, we can be all be giddy about drafting in the 5 hole but Peterson will find a way to argue "slots" and our top choice will hold out.

Marty Mac Ver 2.0
12-31-2007, 11:21 PM
tell me how you really feel! :)

Punch yourself in the face repeatedly until this horrible idea is knocked out of your head.

el borracho
12-31-2007, 11:26 PM
Ok, really it will depend on who is available and, of course, it will be Carl's job to consider any trade offers but I will be pissed if we accept anything other than a lopsided trade in our favor and I certainly don't want a CB in the 1st.

Marty Mac Ver 2.0
12-31-2007, 11:32 PM
in my book, I'd sign a few UFA OL, draft Cason, ink Bryant Johnson to replace the Kennison/Parker duo. Johnson is a speed merchant and has been stuck as WR3 in Arizona since coming into the league. He's due to be a #2 guy on a team and produce.

Rain Man
12-31-2007, 11:59 PM
Okay, that's it. No more Mr. Nice Guy.

Coach
01-01-2008, 12:02 AM
I wonder if it's possible that someone traded down a 2.0 version to a 1.0 version.

Marty Mac Ver 2.0
01-01-2008, 12:24 AM
dang...sorry for having a different outlook. Now I know how KCJohnny feels. Sheesh! :)

Alphaman
01-01-2008, 01:17 AM

Frankly I think trading down is a very good option for the Chiefs. We need to pick up a few good players out of this draft. If we can secure 2 or 3 more 1st day picks it is a good move, even if it means dropping out of the top 10.

I think Cason will drop to the 2nd round and would be a good pick then.

Mr. Flopnuts
01-01-2008, 01:18 AM
We have 9 other picks to trade down with why draft out of a great draft slot where Dorsey, Chris Long, or Ellis could be available?

You really think Dorsey will be around at 4, let alone 5?

ChiefsCountry
01-01-2008, 01:20 AM
I would only trade down if we can rape somebody out of picks.

Marty Mac Ver 2.0
01-01-2008, 01:20 AM
TW was caught up in the after drift of Carl Peterson's High Karate cologne.