PDA

View Full Version : Did you want Dick Curl fired? Blame Brodie.

Boris The Great
01-02-2008, 01:41 AM
Whitlock and some others wrote this season about how Damon Huard did not like Dick Curl, but Brodie is the total opposite. Brodie likes him and works well with him. Remember when Trent Green got all pissy when they fired his buddy Terry Shea? The exact same thing would happen with Brodie if they got rid of Curl, except Brodie will still be playing here. They werent worried about keeping Trent happy knowing he was on the way out. They want to keep Brodie happy.

People are saying Curl is a girlfriend for Herm and all of this, but I guarantee you the major reason is Brodie. If Huard was the starter, Herm would have canned Curl regardless of their friendship because Huard cannot stand him. It is all about keeping the QB happy.

Hammock Parties
01-02-2008, 01:44 AM
Like Brodie would question any coaches at this point in his career.

Boris The Great
01-02-2008, 01:47 AM
Thank you for confirming the story, Nick.

DaWolf
01-02-2008, 01:49 AM
It is all about keeping the QB happy.

Silly me, I thought it was all about properly developing the QB...

RustShack
01-02-2008, 02:31 AM
I think Edwards would have replaced Huard before he replaced Curl. In that case Pennington would be our QB for sure. Croyle is like the boyfriend that is with the devil bitch but doesn't know it until after they break up.

chiefforlife
01-02-2008, 03:05 AM
Thats crazy, Brodie aint sayin' s--t about anyone right now. He would probably say how much he loves "Carl Peterson", if the press was to ask him.

Teach Brodie, dont make him prop up the likes of Curl, trying to keep his job. Get this man a COACH!

Ultra Peanut
01-02-2008, 05:34 AM
Bore-Us Malenko, everyone!

BigRedChief
01-02-2008, 05:46 AM
Whitlock and some others wrote this season about how Damon Huard did not like Dick Curl, but Brodie is the total opposite. Brodie likes him and works well with him. Remember when Trent Green got all pissy when they fired his buddy Terry Shea? The exact same thing would happen with Brodie if they got rid of Curl, except Brodie will still be playing here. They werent worried about keeping Trent happy knowing he was on the way out. They want to keep Brodie happy.

People are saying Curl is a girlfriend for Herm and all of this, but I guarantee you the major reason is Brodie. If Huard was the starter, Herm would have canned Curl regardless of their friendship because Huard cannot stand him. It is all about keeping the QB happy.
You will guarantee? Who are you? Why should we care what you think? Enlighten us.

Herm gets to pick his coaches. Thats the only way it will work.

King_Chief_Fan
01-02-2008, 07:12 AM
If all of that is true: Then: If getting rid of Curl means getting rid of Croyle, so be it. They deserve each other and neither should be a Chief.

InChiefsHeaven
01-02-2008, 07:27 AM
Brodie Croyle does not have the capital to warrant anyone kissing his ass...there is no way they are keeping Curl "just to keep Brodie happy". He doesn't have any clout yet, and doesn't strike me as the type to whine about it if Curl was fired. He'd just roll with it and be happy to be playing QB.

CrazyHorse
01-02-2008, 07:30 AM
Yes, I do want Dick Curl fired.

No, I don't blame Brodie.

FAX
01-02-2008, 07:35 AM
Awesome post, Mr. Boris The Average. The Croyle hating, tin hat fans will be along shortly to confirm your suspicions.

By the way, did you know that some contrails contain mind control substances which, when inhaled or absorbed through the eyeballs, make us desire to purchase insurance and watch television?

FAX

thehead
01-02-2008, 07:38 AM
Brodie Croyle does not have the capital to warrant anyone kissing his ass...there is no way they are keeping Curl "just to keep Brodie happy". He doesn't have any clout yet, and doesn't strike me as the type to whine about it if Curl was fired. He'd just roll with it and be happy to be playing QB.

Agree ( little ) Dick Curl is here because the good ol boy network is still in place.
:cuss:

Bwana
01-02-2008, 08:00 AM
BS

TEX
01-02-2008, 08:11 AM
What? Fire Dick Curl, the Chiefs new OC, before he calls his first game? Might be a good thing.

TEX
01-02-2008, 08:15 AM

Exactly. The Chiefs owe Brodie nothing. He's a # 3 pick. I just hope if they have doubts about the guy, they don't keep him around too long trying to convince trhemselves that there's something there when there isn't.

Skip Towne
01-02-2008, 08:23 AM
Down with Curly Dick.

'Hamas' Jenkins
01-02-2008, 09:10 AM
Bore-Us Malenko, everyone!

Do you have a large cardboard photo of him you'd like to strike his brother with?

philfree
01-02-2008, 09:12 AM
I don't know that I can blame Curl for anything that went wrong this season. He's the QB coach not the O line coach or OC. I thought Croyle showed some improvement as each game went on. Would I rather have the next John Gruden? Yes! But I can't blame Curl for anything.

PhilFree:arrow:

unlurking
01-02-2008, 10:46 AM

And what is the source of this information?

HC_Chief
01-02-2008, 10:49 AM
Brodie Croyle = Jeff George with far fewer wins, and made of glass. Million-dollar arm, 10-cent brain (and total inability to stay healthy).

FAX
01-02-2008, 10:49 AM
Exactly. The Chiefs owe Brodie nothing. He's a # 3 pick. I just hope if they have doubts about the guy, they don't keep him around too long trying to convince trhemselves that there's something there when there isn't.

Whoa!!! Whoa there padnah!!

Are you suggesting you have confidence in Herm's and Dick Curl's abilities to evaluate a quarterback? Ease back a shade there, peep padnah.

FAX