PDA

View Full Version : Why was James Saxon fired?

Mr. Laz
01-02-2008, 10:40 AM
anyone ... anyone?

they guy has only known success since coming here

Priest Holmes
Larry Johnson
Kolby Smith

even managed to take a tightend and linebacker and make them "feasible" as fullbacks.

Hammock Parties
01-02-2008, 10:41 AM
Word is Saxon was too soft on Larry. They need someone that will light a fire under his ass and maybe even get him to block.

Chiefnj2
01-02-2008, 10:41 AM
Who cares. Good for him. Get out of the Herm hell hole.

FAX
01-02-2008, 10:42 AM
Common sense, talent, and integrity?

FAX

Deberg_1990
01-02-2008, 10:43 AM
Sometimes its just time for a guy to move on. Get a fresh start.

Nothing wrong with that.

Eleazar
01-02-2008, 10:44 AM
Vermeil remnant

King_Chief_Fan
01-02-2008, 10:45 AM
anyone ... anyone?

they guy has only known success since coming here

Priest Holmes
Larry Johnson
Kolby Smith

even managed to take a tightend and linebacker and make them "feasible" as fullbacks.

only answer I can come up with is cleaning out the rest of DV. I thought Saxon was one of the bright spots. It wasn't his fault that blocking schemes and plays kept LJ from doing his magic.

doomy3
01-02-2008, 10:45 AM
Could be because we are changing to zone running, so it would be useful to get a RB coach that knows that system?

Mr. Laz
01-02-2008, 10:47 AM
Sometimes its just time for a guy to move on. Get a fresh start.

Nothing wrong with that.
it's wrong when you're getting rid of the only coach on the team that's really getting his job done.

doomy3
01-02-2008, 10:50 AM
it's wrong when you're getting rid of the only coach on the team that's really getting his job done.

Our RBs averaged 3.3 YPC this year. WE WERE DEAD LAST IN RUSH YARDS IN THE NFL!!

That's not getting the job done. THe Oline and RB coach deserved to be fired.

HC_Chief
01-02-2008, 10:53 AM
Common sense, talent, and integrity?

FAX

lol - rep

chagrin
01-02-2008, 10:56 AM
Our RBs averaged 3.3 YPC this year. WE WERE DEAD LAST IN RUSH YARDS IN THE NFL!!

Not to be picky but certainly Herm should go as well, yes?

Mr. Laz
01-02-2008, 10:57 AM

we were down to our 5th running back in the final game

we have a terrible offense head coach
a terrible rookie OC
our offensive line sucked

Saxon has shown that in a viable offense he can field productive Running backs.

firing Saxon just goes to show that these changes weren't as much about evaluation as it was getting rid of that nagging Arena ball stuff leftover from the previous staff.

FAX
01-02-2008, 10:59 AM
Our RBs averaged 3.3 YPC this year. WE WERE DEAD LAST IN RUSH YARDS IN THE NFL!! ...

True, Mr. doomy3. True. But, don't forget that every single last one of those 3.3 yards was via the anal cavity of a guard or center and that's not easy. Those were hard earned yards.

FAX

CupidStunt
01-02-2008, 11:05 AM
One number: 32.

Mr. Laz
01-02-2008, 11:11 AM
One number: 32.
and apparently the Chiefs, like you, can't look beyond the numbers and see the real value.

doesn't bode well for the future

doomy3
01-02-2008, 11:18 AM
I understand that we were down to our 3rd RB. But you do realize LJ averaged 3.5 YPC right? Go back and look at the gameday threads for the games LJ was playing in. He consistently was missing reads, running into blockers, tip-toeing in the backfield, whiffing blocks. Of course a huge part of that is on the line, and that coach was fired too, but Saxon deserves some blame for not getting a top 3 back to make good reads, cuts, or run hard.

doomy3
01-02-2008, 11:19 AM
and apparently the Chiefs, like you, can't look beyond the numbers and see the real value.

doesn't bode well for the future

So now, you think Saxon will be greatly missed? I never once heard anyone saying Saxon was that valuable until he is fired. Hell, people who have been bitching about Solari all year are suddenly taking the guys back and calling him a scapegoat. LOL

CupidStunt
01-02-2008, 11:21 AM
and apparently the Chiefs, like you

Please tell us why James "the almighty" Saxon SHOULDN'T have been fired, genius.

FAX
01-02-2008, 11:22 AM
I understand that we were down to our 3rd RB. But you do realize LJ averaged 3.5 YPC right? Go back and look at the gameday threads for the games LJ was playing in. He consistently was missing reads, running into blockers, tip-toeing in the backfield, whiffing blocks. Of course a huge part of that is on the line, and that coach was fired too, but Saxon deserves some blame for not getting a top 3 back to make good reads, cuts, or run hard.

Saxon is a white man, correct?

FAX

Micjones
01-02-2008, 11:23 AM
Easily our best position coach.

Mistake...

doomy3
01-02-2008, 11:24 AM
Saxon is a white man, correct?

FAX

No, he's a black man.

Micjones
01-02-2008, 11:24 AM

Where exactly does LJ's responsibility come into play?

doomy3
01-02-2008, 11:25 AM
Where exactly does LJ's responsibility come into play?

We paid LJ a gazillion dollars. He isn't going anywhere. Get used to it.

CupidStunt
01-02-2008, 11:27 AM
I wonder if Saxon was coddled in his firing like Johnson was in his failings.

FAX
01-02-2008, 11:27 AM
No, he's a black man.

But, he acts like a white man, correct?

FAX

Micjones
01-02-2008, 11:29 AM
We paid LJ a gazillion dollars. He isn't going anywhere. Get used to it.

I never said I wanted him gone.
I'm just wondering where he has to be responsible for his performance on the field?

Blaming Saxon for Johnson being tentative on the field is insane.

doomy3
01-02-2008, 11:29 AM
But, he acts like a white man, correct?

FAX

I'm not sure...What are you getting at?

doomy3
01-02-2008, 11:30 AM
I'm just wondering where he has to be responsible for his performance on the field?

Well, he got hurt and we were winning, so I'm not sure what would have happened if he would have kept sucking and we would have started losing.

Micjones
01-02-2008, 11:31 AM
Well, he got hurt and we were winning, so I'm not sure what would have happened if he would have kept sucking and we would have started losing.

Saxon would probably still have been scapegoated.

Ultimately, he's a Vermeil holdover. That's why he was canned.

doomy3
01-02-2008, 11:31 AM

What is Saxon's job as RB coach? Please outline responsibilities and tell me which ones he succeeded in this year.

FAX
01-02-2008, 11:33 AM
I'm not sure...What are you getting at?

Well, according to LJ, the white man doesn't understand the pain and flustration of the young black player. This could account for Saxon's inability to teach LJ to block and stuff. I was just wondering if maybe Snoop Dogg knows anything about toting the rock. If so, I would have a rumor I could put in the new thread.

FAX

Hammock Parties
01-02-2008, 11:33 AM
What is Saxon's job as RB coach? Please outline responsibilities and tell me which ones he succeeded in this year.

I put this in my grades but Saxon busted his ass with Priest in training camp, often after practice had already concluded. I think he was a good trooper here.

HemiEd
01-02-2008, 11:35 AM

Rational thinking is not required, when Herm is throwing people under the bus.

doomy3
01-02-2008, 11:37 AM
I put this in my grades but Saxon busted his ass with Priest in training camp, often after practice had already concluded. I think he was a good trooper here.

Was Saxon a main proponent of playing Priest over Kolby? It sure seemed like Herm didn't want to, even all the way back to training camp. Maybe I'm wrong.

Mr. Laz
01-02-2008, 11:43 AM
Please tell us why James "the almighty" Saxon SHOULDN'T have been fired, genius.

i already did

Priest Holmes - brought in as a 3rd down back .... became the most productive back in Chiefs history under Saxon.

Larry Johnson - n00bie draft pick became top back in the league under Saxon

Kolby Smith - n00bie draft pick drafted in 5th round did a fine job after getting thrown into the fire after johnson got hurt.

Kris Wilson - tightend convert to fullback was passable

Boomer Grigsby - linebacker turned Fullback is developing

Players have shown consistent improvement with Saxon ...... how many other coaches in KC can say that?

firing Saxon was a foolish,scapegoat move.

Mr. Laz
01-02-2008, 11:45 AM
So now, you think Saxon will be greatly missed? I never once heard anyone saying Saxon was that valuable until he is fired. Hell, people who have been bitching about Solari all year are suddenly taking the guys back and calling him a scapegoat. LOL
then you didn't listen ....

many people have previously said that Saxon was a keeper. Also that Solari was a keeper as an Oline coach.

FAX
01-02-2008, 11:49 AM
Was Saxon a main proponent of playing Priest over Kolby? It sure seemed like Herm didn't want to, even all the way back to training camp. Maybe I'm wrong.

That's an interesting take, Mr. doomy3. He probably did prefer Priest given their history. Meanwhile, Herm's shoving the "go young" strategy all the way to the hilt, which makes sense. With all young players, Herm has a ton of built in excuses which is good for him.

I don't know though. I'm sort of leaning toward the theory that Saxon was a DV holdover and those guys are probably not drinking the koolaid with broad smiles.

FAX

patteeu
01-02-2008, 11:50 AM

The Chiefs running game sucked this year. Nobody involved with the running game got their job done, with the possible exception of Kolby Smith.

How anyone can complain about any firing of an offensive coach after this season is beyond me. I think Herm deserves at least another year, but if he'd been fired along with the entire staff, I wouldn't have lost any sleep over it. As much as some people thought the Chiefs would struggle this season, they failed to meet all but the most pessimistic expectations. I'm not even sure Dr. Doom expected this much failure.

patteeu
01-02-2008, 11:54 AM
we were down to our 5th running back in the final game

we have a terrible offense head coach
a terrible rookie OC
our offensive line sucked

Saxon has shown that in a viable offense he can field productive Running backs.

firing Saxon just goes to show that these changes weren't as much about evaluation as it was getting rid of that nagging Arena ball stuff leftover from the previous staff.

Where do you get the insight to be able to sort out where the blame lies for a complete failure of the Chiefs' running game?

Oh, and LJ consistently sucked when we were on our 1st running back of the year so don't try to play the injury card in Saxon's defense.