01-03-2008, 12:04 AM
http://www.fantasyfootballxtreme.com/nfl-draft-info/nfl-mock-draft

1. Dolphins - Glenn Dorsey, DT LSU
2. Rams - Jake Long, OT Michigan
3. Falcons * - Darren McFadden, RB Arkansas
4. Raiders * - Chris Long, DE Virginia
5. Chiefs * - Ryan Clady, OT Boise State
6. Jets - Matt Ryan, QB Boston College
7. Patriots (49ers) - James Laurinaitis, ILB Ohio St.
8. Ravens - Brian Brohm, QB Louisville
9. Bengals - Sedrick Ellis, DT USC
10. Saints - Malcolm Jenkins, CB Ohio State
11. Bills - DeSean Jackson, WR California
12. Broncos - Keith Rivers, OLB USC
13. Panthers - Kenny Phillips, S Miami
14. Bears - Andre Woodson, QB Kentucky
15. Lions - Sam Baker, OT USC
16. Cardinals - Mike Jenkins, CB South Florida
17. Vikings - Vernon Gholston, DE Ohio State
18. Texans - Jonathan Stewart, RB Oregon
19. Eagles - Malcolm Kelly, WR Oklahoma
20. Buccaneers - Limas Sweed, WR Texas
21. Redskins - Calais Campbell, DE Miami
22. Cowboys (Browns) - Reggie Smith, CB Oklahoma
23. Seahawks - Chris Johnson, RB East Carolina
24. Steelers - Michael Oher, OG Ole Miss
25. Titans - Early Doucet, WR LSU
26. Giants - Dan Connor, OLB Penn State
27. Chargers - Rey Maualuga, ILB USC
28. Jaguars - Adarious Bowman, WR Oklahoma
29. Packers - Aqib Talib, CB Kansas
30. 49ers (from Colts) - Derrick Harvey, DE Florida
31. Cowboys - Gosder Cherilus, OT Boston College
32. No Pick - New England loses pick

I'll go to One Arrowhead Drive must the kneecaps of the F.O. if this goes down. :# :cuss:

OnTheWarpath15
01-03-2008, 12:26 AM
I didn't think anything could be worse than GBN's last mock.

I stand corrected.

Reaching 10-15 spots for Clady based on need.

Oher not only declaring, but going 24? And listed as a guard? Laughable.

Gholston going that late?

cdcox
01-03-2008, 12:32 AM
I'd be much happier with any of the 6-9 picks than Clady.

Direckshun
01-03-2008, 12:36 AM
I'm willing to bet the Chiefs go OT in the 2nd or 3rd.

I bet they spend round one on defensive line.

OnTheWarpath15
01-03-2008, 12:37 AM
I'd be much happier with any of the 6-9 picks than Clady.

In all honestly, with the exception of Kenny Phillips, I'd be happier with anyone from 6 - 17.

And I think just about everyone knows my take on the QB class, yet there's 3 in that group.

Pablo
01-03-2008, 12:42 AM
This mock sucks. Hard.

So they have the Chargers getting the LB from USC, Malaguama, or whatever. Just what those assholes need.

Tribal Warfare
01-03-2008, 12:42 AM
Oher not only declaring, but going 24? And listed as a guard? Laughable.

I'm really hoping he'll declare :grovel:

OnTheWarpath15
01-03-2008, 12:45 AM
I'm really hoping he'll declare :grovel:

Step one of a two step process.

Step two is that we'd actually be smart enough to pick him......

I don't need cdcox to tell me those odds aren't good.

:(

Pablo
01-03-2008, 12:45 AM
I'm just curious, but how many of y'all that want Oher so bad have actually watched him play?

I've seen Long, Clady, Baker, and Cherilus in action, but I haven't caught Oher in action.

OnTheWarpath15
01-03-2008, 12:56 AM
I'm just curious, but how many of y'all that want Oher so bad have actually watched him play?

I've seen Long, Clady, Baker, and Cherilus in action, but I haven't caught Oher in action.

I've seen 4 games this year, 3 last year and 3 his freshman year, when he played Guard.

That's the thing.

The people that want him, want him because they HAVE seen him play.

He was a beast as a freshman, but struggled to learn the offense. If you know anything about his story, you can understand why. To play well on the OL as a freshman in the SEC is a huge deal, to do it with a limited knowledge of the offense id nothing short of amazing.

First Team All SEC in 2007.

The next Orlando Pace, Jonathan Ogden or Walter Jones, in the minds of many scouts.

Don't hear those manes being thrown around like that regarding Long or Clady......

But it sounds like he's staying in school to play for Houston Nutt, and I think his "mom" really wants him to get his degree. His adoptive family has more money than God, so heading to the NFL isn't the issue it is for most kids.

Pablo
01-03-2008, 12:57 AM
I've seen 4 games this year, 3 last year and 3 his freshman year, when he played Guard.

That's the thing.

The people that want him, want him because they HAVE seen him play.

He was a beast as a freshman, but struggled to learn the offense. If you know anything about his story, you can understand why. To play well on the OL as a freshman in the SEC is a huge deal, to do it with a limited knowledge of the offense id nothing short of amazing.

First Team All SEC in 2007.Did you post a video link in another thread about him? If so, do you remember which one?

I'm thinking someone did, I just don't remember where to look.

OnTheWarpath15
01-03-2008, 12:59 AM
Did you post a video link in another thread about him? If so, do you remember which one?

I'm thinking someone did, I just don't remember where to look.

This is probably it.

<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/GNOviL90YYc&rel=1"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/GNOviL90YYc&rel=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>

Tribal Warfare
01-03-2008, 01:06 AM
January 15th is the deadline to declare, BTW guys

OnTheWarpath15
01-03-2008, 01:09 AM
January 15th is the deadline to declare, BTW guys

This is the most recent article I can find regarding Oher's intentions.

11/29/07: "I'm leaning towards coming back."

Obviously not set in stone, but.......

http://www.sunherald.com/246/story/215064.html

Orlandochiefsgrl
01-03-2008, 01:09 AM
he will declare, bet on it! he doesn't go from living on the streets to turning away $$ so he can be one injury away from never making it to the NFL

OnTheWarpath15
01-03-2008, 01:12 AM
he will declare, bet on it! he doesn't go from living on the streets to turning away $$ so he can be one injury away from never making it to the NFL

But it sounds like he's staying in school to play for Houston Nutt, and I think his "mom" really wants him to get his degree. His adoptive family has more money than God, so heading to the NFL isn't the issue it is for most kids.

Mecca
01-03-2008, 01:13 AM
In all fairness, Tom Lemming isn't the most reputable guy..

I think it will depend on some things but that isn't the first time I've seen Oher projected to Guard.

OnTheWarpath15
01-03-2008, 01:15 AM
In all fairness, Tom Lemming isn't the most reputable guy..

I think it will depend on some things but that isn't the first time I've seen Oher projected to Guard.

I'd love to see a link from a reputable scout who projects him as a guard.

ceebz
01-03-2008, 01:18 AM
These mock drafts are pointless until after the combine.

Mecca
01-03-2008, 01:18 AM
...I was just saying Tom Lemming isn't really reputable because well his past his well horrible. I'm sure most everyone knows the story.

OnTheWarpath15
01-03-2008, 01:26 AM
...I was just saying Tom Lemming isn't really reputable because well his past his well horrible. I'm sure most everyone knows the story.

I'm not talking about Lemming. You're the one who brought him up. Not me. I've mentioned him in other threads. Not this one.

You're also the one who said this wasn't the first time you'd seen Oher projected as a guard.

I would be interested to see linked proof of reputable scouts saying he projects as a guard in the NFL, because I've followed this kids career as closely as humanly possible from 500 miles away and haven't seen a single mention of him projecting as anything but an elite LT.

I'm really not trying to be difficult, but if you make a statement that contradicts everything else that is being reported and known, here and otherwise, you can bet someone is going to ask you for the proof. I'm genuinely curious.

SOP.

bowener
01-03-2008, 01:29 AM
that video made me sad and happy... and it made me want us to draft him. We would have two young high character kids in Oher and Hali, both struggled and both turned out great... and HUGE.

Pablo
01-03-2008, 01:33 AM
So, apparently he's got Willie Roaf size. Does he possess a similar skill-set? Is he the type of LT you can expect to be dominant 10 years from now?

OnTheWarpath15
01-03-2008, 01:36 AM
So, apparently he's got Willie Roaf size. Does he possess a similar skill-set? Is he the type of LT you can expect to be dominant 10 years from now?

That's the word.

Whether it happens or not is anyone's guess, but I think the odds are in his favor.

I'm off to bed, y'all.

Night.

OnTheWarpath15
01-03-2008, 05:28 PM
Still waiting.

Mecca
01-03-2008, 05:35 PM
I'm not even going to go find "scout quotes" because that's basically a worthless task unless I want to post stuff from some internet guy no ones heard of.

My comment was more I've seen him projected as a Guard on more mocks than just that one. That's why I said it isn't the first time I've seen that. I don't expect it, but hey whoever is doing the mock is giving an opinion. Obviously if he goes in the first round and ends up playing Guard it means he failed as a Tackle that's all.

OnTheWarpath15
01-03-2008, 05:46 PM
I'm not even going to go find "scout quotes" because that's basically a worthless task unless I want to post stuff from some internet guy no ones heard of.

My comment was more I've seen him projected as a Guard on more mocks than just that one. That's why I said it isn't the first time I've seen that. I don't expect it, but hey whoever is doing the mock is giving an opinion. Obviously if he goes in the first round and ends up playing Guard it means he failed as a Tackle that's all.

Thank you for your honesty regarding those comments being made by "some internet guy." I could start a webpage, create a mock and list him as a Center if I wanted to. Doesn't make it so.

I just wanted to clarify for those members of the board that don't know Oher or his story well.

People see your comments, then they spread like wildfire.

Also, I'm curious about the Tom Lemming comment. IMO, most people here have no clue what he actually does. I think it would be beneficial to hear this story about him that you eluded to.

Please note if this is opinion about Lemming, or if you actually have some documentation to back up your claims.

TIA.

CoMoChief
01-03-2008, 05:49 PM
If those 4 are off the board before us we better take James Lauranitis. He's no different than AJ Hawk.

OnTheWarpath15
01-03-2008, 05:55 PM
If those 4 are off the board before us we better take James Lauranitis. He's no different than AJ Hawk.

I agree, but this ought to start a shitstorm about taking a LB that high.

It really ruined the Packers.....

Mecca
01-03-2008, 05:59 PM
Thank you for your honesty regarding those comments being made by "some internet guy." I could start a webpage, create a mock and list him as a Center if I wanted to. Doesn't make it so.

I just wanted to clarify for those members of the board that don't know Oher or his story well.

People see your comments, then they spread like wildfire.

Also, I'm curious about the Tom Lemming comment. IMO, most people here have no clue what he actually does. I think it would be beneficial to hear this story about him that you eluded to.

Please note if this is opinion about Lemming, or if you actually have some documentation to back up your claims.

TIA.

Tom Lemming is a high school recruiting guy, he worked for ESPN for a long time basically doing what Rivals does or the "scout" service whatever one you wanna use as a comparison. The story is he is heavily bias and got fired from ESPN for doing things like trying to convince Lorenzo Booker to drop his commit to FSU and go to Notre Dame. He's always been a huge ND freak and tried to push recruits there and would jack up their rankings if they did...he was one of the guy who would always vastly overrate the ND classes.

Booker talked about on a radio show how Lemming kept telling him he was smart and should go to ND and not play with all the dipshits down at FSU. Booker was the #3 overall ranked player at the time in recruiting.

He also did many of the same things with top notch prospect Myron Rolle who ended up at FSU...here's a story that goes with that...

Recruit says he was pushed toward Notre Dame

One exciting development came out of an otherwise dull meeting of the Knight Commission on Intercollegiate Athletics on Monday. Highly touted Florida State signee Myron Rolle told the meeting of the Knight Commission that he was instructed by recruiting analyst Tom Lemming to keep Notre Dame on his short list of schools in order to increase his chances to be named MVP of the U.S. Army All-American Bowl all-star game and ensure that he would be a featured player during the telecast of the game. NBC, which showed the high school game in San Antonio on Jan. 7, also has a contract for Notre Dame home games.

This is not the first time that Lemming has been linked to negative recruiting surrounding FSU, but it is certainly the most noteworthy. Lemming is one of many widely known recruiting wonks whose rankings are used by media outlets and fans to determine the quality of a particular class of incoming freshman football players. Lemming's rankings are used by several major media outlets including USA Today. After he made the comments about being told by Lemming to consider Notre Dame, Myron Rolle repeated the remarks after the end of the committee's session.

"He told me if I kept Notre Dame in mind, the NBC (TV) guy would interview me and they would showcase me during the game. He told me I'd have a higher chance of being MVP. I took it as having less of a chance of getting MVP if I didn't keep Notre Dame on my list."

Lemming denies that the conversation ever took place, and claimed that Rolle misconstrued questions about his choice of a college. Rolle has stated several times that he plans to attend medical school after his football career ends and that academics would come first in his selection of a school. Lemming claimed that any questions he had about Rolle's choice of a school only stemmed from trying to discover why he selected FSU over more-ballyhooed academic institutions such as Stanford and Duke. He also accused Rolle of being eager to gain as much exposure for himself as possible.

"Myron is the biggest media hound that I've ever seen, I selected him for this game in September, and he played in the game. (Criticism) is part of the business when you select an All-American team. Myron's taking it to a new level. It hurt his ego when he wasn't first-team All-American."

Lemming's recruiting rankings have Rolle ranked 28th in the nation, while other services such as Rivals.com, ESPN.com, and Scout.com have Rolle ranked as high as #1 in the whole nation. Rolle has enrolled at Florida State already and will be available to join the rest of the team during spring practice and is expected to immediately compete for playing time at safety.

That's pretty much what I meant when I said he isn't reputable, Oher is an outstanding prospect in my view, much better than Clady, athletically he has more tools than Long does by a mile.

Mecca
01-03-2008, 06:03 PM
I know Sam Baker pretty well man...there's a huge difference in those guys. Oher is more naturally gifted and has more room to grow, Baker is basically a maxed out finished product.

Oher has tremendous upside, Baker virtually has none..plus Baker is more of a soft finesse lineman when compared to the NFL game.

CoMoChief
01-03-2008, 06:04 PM
I agree, but this ought to start a shitstorm about taking a LB that high.

It really ruined the Packers.....
If you're not being sarcastic (I can't tell).......

Not really, besides Dorsey Lauranitis is the best defensive player in the draft.

How did it hurt the Packers? They now have one of the best LB cores in the NFL, along with a solid defense that they have built around that LB core.

Mecca
01-03-2008, 06:05 PM
He was being sarcastic......but in realistic terms most people don't believe you should take LB's that high unless they are pass rushers.

CoMoChief
01-03-2008, 06:07 PM
He was being sarcastic......but in realistic terms most people don't believe you should take LB's that high unless they are pass rushers.
I read his post again and it kinda popped in my head that maybe he was being sarcastic so I edited my post right when you said he was being sarcastic. oh well.

Mecca
01-03-2008, 06:09 PM
This is actually a pretty good LB year..if you feel the Chiefs need another one there will be guys on the board at our 3rd pick that can start and be good players at that position.

Mr. Arrowhead
01-03-2008, 06:12 PM
I wouldnt mind getting Clady if thats what they wanna do, but if they do i hope they will trade down and get some extra picks and then grab him.

Mecca
01-03-2008, 06:13 PM
Look at their frames....

If you put Sam Baker at LT in the NFL he is gonna get owned in pass protection. He has problems with big strong guys that can bull rush they physically maul him.

OnTheWarpath15
Tom Lemming is a high school recruiting guy, he worked for ESPN for a long time basically doing what Rivals does or the "scout" service whatever one you wanna use as a comparison. The story is he is heavily bias and got fired from ESPN for doing things like trying to convince Lorenzo Booker to drop his commit to FSU and go to Notre Dame. He's always been a huge ND freak and tried to push recruits there and would jack up their rankings if they did...he was one of the guy who would always vastly overrate the ND classes.

Booker talked about on a radio show how Lemming kept telling him he was smart and should go to ND and not play with all the dipshits down at FSU. Booker was the #3 overall ranked player at the time in recruiting.

He also did many of the same things with top notch prospect Myron Rolle who ended up at FSU...here's a story that goes with that...

Recruit says he was pushed toward Notre Dame

One exciting development came out of an otherwise dull meeting of the Knight Commission on Intercollegiate Athletics on Monday. Highly touted Florida State signee Myron Rolle told the meeting of the Knight Commission that he was instructed by recruiting analyst Tom Lemming to keep Notre Dame on his short list of schools in order to increase his chances to be named MVP of the U.S. Army All-American Bowl all-star game and ensure that he would be a featured player during the telecast of the game. NBC, which showed the high school game in San Antonio on Jan. 7, also has a contract for Notre Dame home games.

This is not the first time that Lemming has been linked to negative recruiting surrounding FSU, but it is certainly the most noteworthy. Lemming is one of many widely known recruiting wonks whose rankings are used by media outlets and fans to determine the quality of a particular class of incoming freshman football players. Lemming's rankings are used by several major media outlets including USA Today. After he made the comments about being told by Lemming to consider Notre Dame, Myron Rolle repeated the remarks after the end of the committee's session.

"He told me if I kept Notre Dame in mind, the NBC (TV) guy would interview me and they would showcase me during the game. He told me I'd have a higher chance of being MVP. I took it as having less of a chance of getting MVP if I didn't keep Notre Dame on my list."

Lemming denies that the conversation ever took place, and claimed that Rolle misconstrued questions about his choice of a college. Rolle has stated several times that he plans to attend medical school after his football career ends and that academics would come first in his selection of a school. Lemming claimed that any questions he had about Rolle's choice of a school only stemmed from trying to discover why he selected FSU over more-ballyhooed academic institutions such as Stanford and Duke. He also accused Rolle of being eager to gain as much exposure for himself as possible.

"Myron is the biggest media hound that I've ever seen, I selected him for this game in September, and he played in the game. (Criticism) is part of the business when you select an All-American team. Myron's taking it to a new level. It hurt his ego when he wasn't first-team All-American."

Lemming's recruiting rankings have Rolle ranked 28th in the nation, while other services such as Rivals.com, ESPN.com, and Scout.com have Rolle ranked as high as #1 in the whole nation. Rolle has enrolled at Florida State already and will be available to join the rest of the team during spring practice and is expected to immediately compete for playing time at safety.

That's pretty much what I meant when I said he isn't reputable, Oher is an outstanding prospect in my view, much better than Clady, athletically he has more tools than Long does by a mile.

Thanks for the info.

Whether it's true or not is a whole other issue.

Some more background for those who don't know Lemming's work.

Prior to his time with ESPN, he literally built his Prep Scouting service from the ground up. At 23, he started traveling the country by car interviewing and viewing tape of high school players.

Now, all but 7 Division 1 schools subscribe to his reports.

That doesn't happen by accident.

He's responsible for the creation of the US army High School All-American game, and he handpicks the players.

Tribal Warfare
I wouldnt mind getting Clady if thats what they wanna do, but if they do i hope they will trade down and get some extra picks and then grab him.

I would, Clady is way overrated and for some reason is a draftnik media darling.

Mecca
01-03-2008, 06:16 PM
Clady is one of those tools guys, he'll be a pretty high pick...probably somewhere in the top 15.

Honestly in this scenario the best thing the Chiefs can do with Ryan gone and all that is drop a couple spots still take a Sedrick Ellis and get another first day pick.

OnTheWarpath15
01-03-2008, 06:16 PM
If you're not being sarcastic (I can't tell).......

Not really, besides Dorsey Lauranitis is the best defensive player in the draft.

How did it hurt the Packers? They now have one of the best LB cores in the NFL, along with a solid defense that they have built around that LB core.

Mecca's right, I was being sarcastic.

I'd LOVE to have Laurinaitis, and agree that he's the 2nd best defensive prospect in the draft, assuming he declares.

But there will be plenty of people that don't see the value in getting an second chance to draft AJ Hawk.

Mecca
01-03-2008, 06:18 PM
Mecca's right, I was being sarcastic.

I'd LOVE to have Laurinaitis, and agree that he's the 2nd best defensive prospect in the draft, assuming he declares.

But there will be plenty of people that don't see the value in getting an second chance to draft AJ Hawk.

What do we need AJ Hawk for...Derrick Johnsons better remember! note my sarcasm on this...

OnTheWarpath15
01-03-2008, 06:20 PM
Look at their frames....

If you put Sam Baker at LT in the NFL he is gonna get owned in pass protection. He has problems with big strong guys that can bull rush they physically maul him.

Yep.

Oher has the prototypical frame.

Huge ass and thighs. Girth in the lower body is a must.

Long arms, to keep pass rushers off his body.

Huge hands, if he gets them on you, you're toast.

Extremely quick feet.

Great body control and agility.

OnTheWarpath15
01-03-2008, 06:22 PM
What do we need AJ Hawk for...Derrick Johnsons better remember! note my sarcasm on this...

Sarcasm noted.

DJ at the SAM and Laurinaitis at the MIKE for the next 10+ years makes me tingly......

Mecca
01-03-2008, 06:23 PM
I think Rey Maualuga is the best MLB prospect in college but I'm hoping he doesn't come out this year....

Mecca
01-03-2008, 06:26 PM
In college yea because he rarely faces an end big enough to physically dominate him. I think he will have issues in the NFL from what I've seen of him.

Mr. Flopnuts
01-03-2008, 06:27 PM
I think Rey Maualuga is the best MLB prospect in college but I'm hoping he doesn't come out this year....

Who are you a bigger fan of, the Chiefs, or the Trojans?

Edit:Not that the above post has anything to do with the question, just curious.

Mecca
01-03-2008, 06:29 PM
Who are you a bigger fan of, the Chiefs, or the Trojans?

Edit:Not that the above post has anything to do with the question, just curious.

It's about equal.....I'm not as critical of SC now because they are doing things well and the right way. Before Carroll I was heavily critical.

The #1 reason I don't want Maualuga to come out is because I don't think the Chiefs would draft him if he came out this year....I hold out hope that either he, Cushing or Rivers will play for the Chiefs.

Coach
01-03-2008, 06:29 PM
I wouldn't be surprised if the Chiefs selected a FB on day 1.

Mr. Flopnuts
01-03-2008, 06:30 PM
It's about equal.....I'm not as critical of SC now because they are doing things well and the right way. Before Carroll I was heavily critical.

The #1 reason I don't want Maualuga to come out is because I don't think the Chiefs would draft him if he came out this year....I hold out hope that either he, Cushing or Rivers will play for the Chiefs.

I'm sure you also think that he'll be available to us next year more than likely. I hope you're wrong if that's the case, but I am a homer.

Coach

I think he'll benefit more by staying for another year.

OnTheWarpath15
Unless you've sen him play, I don't think people appreciate how BIG Oher really is. His weight and height don't tell the whole story.

When the Tuohy family first brought him into their home, Mrs. Tuohy realized he needed clothes badly.

She called a friend, Patrick Ramsey, who was playing for the Redskins at the time, gave him Mike's measurements, and asked if any guys on the Redskins could offer some hand-me-downs for Mike.

Ramsey called back and said that she must have gotten the measurements wrong. There was no one on the Redskins roster that was that big.

And this was in HIGH SCHOOL.

Pablo
01-03-2008, 06:33 PM
I'd absolutely love to take James Laurinitis.

Vernon Gholston is slated to be the next Merriman, but he wouldn't work well in our system, JL would be a great acquisition. From what I did watch on Ellis the other night, was so-so, he batted a pass down, got pretty decent pressure, but I don't recall seeing him make any "wow" plays. Of course, I'm not about to rag on the guy's body of work, I'm sure he has all the credentials necessary to be a Top 10 pick, and an average bowl game won't sway anyone.

That Ray M., their MLB is a freakin' stud. If that guy comes out, It would be a pretty tough pick between him and JL.

OnTheWarpath15
01-03-2008, 06:33 PM

Too bad Rivers is a Senior.

DJ at the SAM, Laurinaitis at the MIKE and Rivers at the WILL?

Unfair.

Pablo
01-03-2008, 06:37 PM
Mecca: hypothetical question testing your fanhood.

Would you rather USC won 5 NC's in a row, or the Chiefs win 1 SB?

Mecca
01-03-2008, 06:37 PM
Too bad Rivers is a Senior.

DJ at the SAM, Laurinaitis at the MIKE and Rivers at the WILL?

Unfair.

Brian Cushing may be better than Rivers is, it's pretty close.

Mecca
01-03-2008, 06:39 PM
Mecca: hypothetical question testing your fanhood.

Would you rather USC won 5 NC's in a row, or the Chiefs win 1 SB?

LOL..I'd rather the Chiefs win a bowl...I've seen back to back NC's and I think SC is going to be on that level for many years now...the Chiefs I don't know if I'll ever get it.

I was a Chiefs fan before I was an SC fan by a couple years, before I got into college ball anyway.

Pablo
01-03-2008, 06:42 PM
I saw earlier today that E.J. Henderson's little brother, Erin is declaring for the draft.

What round is he expected to go?

Tribal Warfare
01-03-2008, 06:43 PM
somehow Michael Oher was the 1st person in the last decade that is 6'5'' and over 300lbs. oh wait....

You don't appreciate how big this kid is, guys like House(Willie Roaf's nickname in college) have to have clothes tailored for their measurments.

Pablo
poor guy. I am able to go to the store and give my pant and shirt size and find clothes that fit...its like magic. "big guys" are able to give that same information at the "big and tall store" and get clothes.

somehow Michael Oher was the 1st person in the last decade that is 6'5'' and over 300lbs. oh wait....It depends how the weight is distributed, he may have extraordinarily large thighs and or buttocks, and maybe his chest span is huge...

Mecca
I saw earlier today that E.J. Henderson's little brother, Erin is declaring for the draft.

What round is he expected to go?

You know I don't think I've ever seen him play, I don't see Maryland much at all.......can you tell me anything about him..

I don't think he was as productive a college player as EJ but if he has more tools...EJ was a 2nd rounder.

Baby Lee
01-03-2008, 06:46 PM
This is probably it.
First surprise, I teared up.
Second surprise, I don't know if I teared up over his story, or over the prospect of him plowing down D-linemen for the Chiefs.

Pablo
01-03-2008, 06:47 PM
You know I don't think I've ever seen him play, I don't see Maryland much at all.......can you tell me anything about him..

I don't think he was as productive a college player as EJ but if he has more tools...EJ was a 2nd rounder.I really don't know. He played a pretty solid game from what I saw, but I couldn't muster up enough enthusiasm to watch the entire Emerald Bowl with Oregon State and Maryland playing. In all honesty, I think I might have watched 1 and 1/2 quarters.

The commentators did make some remarks that he was more or less a sure-fire starter at the NFL if he should decide to declare.

OnTheWarpath15
01-03-2008, 06:52 PM
It depends how the weight is distributed, he may have extraordinarily large thighs and or buttocks, and maybe his chest span is huge...

All of the above.

As I pointed out earlier, the lower body girth is something all lockdown LT have.

Pablo
01-03-2008, 06:56 PM
All of the above.

As I pointed out earlier, the lower body girth is something all lockdown LT have.Oh hell yeah, what good is a 325 lb. man, with chicken legs?

I'm a fairly average size guy, but my thighs are huge, and it makes a ton of difference when performing manual labor, wrestling, football, etc.

One of my good friends is short, about 5'6" or so, but he's got tree-trunks for legs and he's one strong, powerful S.O.B.

I could imagine a man that tall, with that much weight, and huge legs would be a real force.