PDA

View Full Version : Ticket Master suck my bawls!

KC Kings
01-03-2008, 05:46 PM
We get a poster in the mail today for Disney Princess, Wishes on Ice, coming to the Sprint Center March. On the mailer is a special pre-sale code, but you can only order the seats through TicketMaster.

Opening night seats are $10 a piece, so I order 2.

Added to each ticket is a Sprint Center building charge charge of $1.25, because when you get a new building paid with taxes of out-of-towners, it is only fair you stick it to the locals as well. I don't know if there are stipulations on this charge, because we bought tickets to Elmo for Jan 31st at Sprint Center and there is no building charge added to those.

Then Ticket Master adds their first $3.25 per ticket convenience charge. It's called a convenience charge because they add 32% to the price of the tickets for the hell of it, and it's convenient that you have to pay in order to get your pre-sale seats.

Next comes the $ 3.10 order processing charge. This is probably a legitimate charge as they have to make some sort of profit out of selling tickets, but it is hard to pay for something after you have already been conveniently charged for the hell of it.

Now that you have paid for your tickets, you have to get them some how. Will Call no longer exist, so you can choose several different options from snail mail to overnight, and eTickets. The cheapest option for Ticket Master is obviously the eTicket, but since that is easiet for the customer as well they go ahead and slap a $3 fee on it. I decline that fee, and decide to let the tickets be delivered in the mail.

Final bill for two $10 tickets... $32.10!!! A 50% mark up for bull crap. The extra charges don't see, as bad when the tickets aren't that cheap, but I checked the $49 front row seats and the charges go up with price of the ticket.

memyselfI
01-03-2008, 05:49 PM
Ticketmaster is just above the RIAA in my book of slimeballs...

and not by much. Legalized extortion is what they do.

Mr. Flopnuts
01-03-2008, 05:56 PM

Extortion seems a little extreme no? It's not like you HAVE to go to the show.

dtebbe
01-03-2008, 05:59 PM
Ticketmonster sucks.

The $3 for email tickets tops it all.

I don't know about sprint center, but here in Atlanta you can usually save the junk fees by going to the venue and buying the tickets. I do that whenever possible.

DT

WilliamTheIrish
01-03-2008, 06:00 PM
I absolutely despise those f*cks. I'd rather deal with your average scalper. Keeps the economy going.

OnTheWarpath15
01-03-2008, 06:01 PM
I don't see any such event on the Sprint Center webpage.

:shrug:

memyselfI
01-03-2008, 06:03 PM
Extortion seems a little extreme no? It's not like you HAVE to go to the show.

My dictionary lists a definition of extortion as 'an exorbitant charge' which I think describes Ticketmaster quite nicely.

And no, you don't HAVE to go to the show but if you do they are usually the only game in town selling tickets unless you use a broker or scalper and then partake in a whole different level of extortion.

Mr. Flopnuts
01-03-2008, 06:07 PM
My dictionary lists a definition of extortion as 'an exorbitant charge' which I think describes Ticketmaster quite nicely.

And no, you don't HAVE to go to the show but if you do they are usually the only game in town selling tickets unless you use a broker or scalper and then partake in a whole different level of extortion.

Hmm. Well, here's the legal definition.

EXTORTION - The use, or the express or implicit threat of the use, of violence or other criminal means to cause harm to person, reputation, or property as a means to obtain property from someone else with his consent. USC 18

It's a little extreme to call it extortion. They're evil bastards. I can live with that, but it's not like they're going to beat you up, or kill you for not buying their product. Are you always this much of a drama queen?

Deberg_1990
01-03-2008, 06:40 PM
Pearl Jam really showed Ticketmaster didnt they!!!

kstater
01-03-2008, 06:45 PM
Here's a novel idea, don't like it don't buy it.

XXXshogunXXX
01-03-2008, 07:15 PM
those fiends!! how dare they!

Coach
01-03-2008, 07:19 PM
Here's a novel idea, don't like it don't buy it.

http://www.mustangmods.com/data/10900/brilliant.jpg

Fly O.T. McWall
01-03-2008, 07:21 PM
ya gotta love the fact that missouri just legalized ticket scalping too... ap ush from our wonderful governor, who is related to the main lobbyist for ticketmaster.

alanm
01-03-2008, 07:22 PM

What do you expect? There's lawyers involved. :cuss:

memyselfI
01-03-2008, 07:30 PM
Hmm. Well, here's the legal definition.

EXTORTION - The use, or the express or implicit threat of the use, of violence or other criminal means to cause harm to person, reputation, or property as a means to obtain property from someone else with his consent. USC 18

It's a little extreme to call it extortion. They're evil bastards. I can live with that, but it's not like they're going to beat you up, or kill you for not buying their product. Are you always this much of a drama queen?

Are we sitting in a fuggin courtroom?

No. Thus, the legal definition don't mean chit.

LocoChiefsFan
01-03-2008, 07:48 PM
They have a free shipping option also.

DaneMcCloud
01-03-2008, 08:14 PM
Are we sitting in a fuggin courtroom?

No. Thus, the legal definition don't mean chit.

You are the poster child for the dangers of inbreeding.

Mr. Flopnuts
01-03-2008, 08:20 PM
You are the poster child for the dangers of inbreeding.

LMAO I wasn't even going to respond to it. It's the equivilant of, hell, I don't know, maybe,

Chiefmanwillcatch
01-03-2008, 08:28 PM
'don't like it don't buy it'

how about deceitful advertising.

A group lawsuit would set those peckers straight.

kstater
01-03-2008, 08:30 PM
'don't like it don't buy it'

how about deceitful advertising.

A group lawsuit would set those peckers straight.

Deceitful advertising? Ticketmaster is pretty straight forward with what their costs are. The OP stated exactly what the charges are, he just didn't agree with them.

Buck
01-03-2008, 09:23 PM
Lets see...Chargers Playoff Tickets...

$7.50 Service Fee per ticket +
$25 for the cheapest Shipping method

2 Tickets that would have normally cost me $270 cost me $310.

OnTheWarpath15
01-03-2008, 09:27 PM
Lets see...Chargers Playoff Tickets...

$7.50 Service Fee per ticket +
$25 for the cheapest Shipping method

2 Tickets that would have normally cost me $270 cost me $310.

You can't pick them up at the Box Office?

I've never ordered tickets through TM that I couldn't pick up at the venue.

Buck
01-03-2008, 09:38 PM
You can't pick them up at the Box Office?

I've never ordered tickets through TM that I couldn't pick up at the venue.

That wasnt a choice. Seriously, ghey. For some reason, if you bought your tickets before last Sunday, you couldn't pick them up at will call, but once Sunday hit, they put up that option.

It pissed me off.

cosmo20002
01-03-2008, 11:07 PM

They really should just run their business and provide a service for free. How dare a business charge for services!

Valiant
01-04-2008, 01:37 AM
I keep saying you could make a ton of money and kill ticketmaster also by competing.. Hell you could even do it at half price of what they charge..

SPchief
01-04-2008, 01:50 AM

How much did you pay to go to the Garth Brooks concert?

RedDread
01-04-2008, 05:11 AM
That wasnt a choice. Seriously, ghey. For some reason, if you bought your tickets before last Sunday, you couldn't pick them up at will call, but once Sunday hit, they put up that option.

It pissed me off.

That seems like the reverse of the way it should be...seems like they're rewarding stragglers and lazy folk...

memyselfI
01-04-2008, 07:29 AM
Ticketmaster should make a profit the question is whether or not their profit is high given the 'service' they provide. I think doubling the price of a ticket simply because they are the lone supplier of it is too high.

KC Kings
01-04-2008, 08:06 AM
Ticketmonster sucks.

The $3 for email tickets tops it all.

I don't know about sprint center, but here in Atlanta you can usually save the junk fees by going to the venue and buying the tickets. I do that whenever possible.

DT

You can buy them from the box office here as well, but only after they are released to the public.

For all of the kids shows they send out flyers before hand with pre-sale codes, and you can only by presale tickets through Ticketmaster. The $10 tickets I got were lower level, row 7, center stage, and if I wanted to drop $49 there were several front row floor seat available.

HonestChieffan
01-04-2008, 08:09 AM
So ...if I read this right...100% of the tickets for this thing are sold by Ticketmaster and none are sold at the Sprint Center?

The Disney Site says you can get the Tickets at Hen House Stores too. This is confusing.

KC Kings
01-04-2008, 08:20 AM
So ...if I read this right...100% of the tickets for this thing are sold by Ticketmaster and none are sold at the Sprint Center?

The Disney Site says you can get the Tickets at Hen House Stores too. This is confusing.

You can get tickets at Hen House like you can get a tripple Frapachino. They have Ticket Masters and Star Bucks in just about every Hen House in town, so it is a store within a store. These tickets prolly will be available at the Sprint Center as well, but only after the pre-sale is over and they are released to the general public.

HonestChieffan
01-04-2008, 08:24 AM
That seems a bit odd that they would say Hen House leading one to believe that the store sells them. This entire ticket thing seems like its all pretty twisted up.

If people will pay Ticketmaster 25 bucks fopr a 10 dollar seat....why doesnt Sprint Center sell the ticket at the box office for 25 bucks? Clearly people will pay it....

Sfeihc
01-04-2008, 09:05 AM
TicketBastard