PDA

View Full Version : "The Plan"(c): WTF is it?

Simplex3
01-03-2008, 06:48 PM
I know "The Plan"© is in process, but what exactly is "The Plan"©?

Anybody?

kstater
01-03-2008, 06:50 PM
Pass the blame.

FAX
Talk your ass off and then hide.

FAX

Coach
The plan is....

Uh...

Hmm.....

Seriously, I have no f**king idea what the f**k is the plan, other than the fact that it's in year 19, if I am not mistaken.

chagrin
make money and little else

Tribal Warfare
01-03-2008, 06:51 PM
To Get Over it

Simplex3
01-03-2008, 06:52 PM
The plan is....

Uh...

Hmm.....

Seriously, I have no f**king idea what the f**k is the plan, other than the fact that it's in year 19, if I am not mistaken.
Exactly. I mean, what the hell? The proverbial "they" have never sat down and told us what "The Plan"© is.

Simplex3
01-03-2008, 06:54 PM
Also, I hear about "The Plan"© more than I hear about Hanna Montana or Brittany Spears. I assume "The Plan"© is some cool s**t to warrant that kind of attention. I feel kind of left out.

01-03-2008, 07:53 PM
I know what the plan is. the plan is to talk about the plan and make sure we all know they have the plan in place as well as plan to plan for the plan more as they plan on how to plan the plan for next years plan.

Thats the plan.

ptlyon
01-03-2008, 07:58 PM
...and how the plan never panned out. (see assistant coaches and insufficent talent)

unothadeal
01-03-2008, 08:00 PM
I know what the plan is. the plan is to talk about the plan and make sure we all know they have the plan in place as well as plan to plan for the plan more as they plan on how to plan the plan for next years plan.

Thats the plan.
The word "plan" has lost all meaning to me after reading your post. ROFL

the Talking Can
01-03-2008, 08:03 PM
the plan is a thing

Otter
01-03-2008, 08:04 PM
A vague, diversionary excuse/tactic used by a man who knows he's incapable of producing a championship but is surrounded by people who don't know any better than to be loyal to him and aren't ready to try a different route to success or just don't care enough to try.

ie - The Plan

Halfcan
01-03-2008, 08:22 PM
Blame Herms lack of coaching talent on the dimwitted Solari.

unlurking
01-03-2008, 08:34 PM
It's super secret, but I can tell you it is expected to take 5 years (give or take a quarter of a century).

Iowanian
01-03-2008, 08:36 PM
I'm not sure, but it ONLY TAKES 5 YEARS!

EL YEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH

unlurking
01-03-2008, 08:43 PM
I'm not sure, but it ONLY TAKES 5 YEARS!

EL YEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH
repost

J/K

01-03-2008, 09:04 PM
The word "plan" has lost all meaning to me after reading your post. ROFL
ROFL Drunk yet?

Kerberos
01-03-2008, 09:13 PM
Exactly. I mean, what the hell? The proverbial "they" have never sat down and told us what "The Plan"© is.

If you listen to any of the BS they tell you then the Carl Peterson KoolAid will be flowing freely.

It really is a catch 22

damaticous
01-03-2008, 09:15 PM
The first rule of the plan is don't talk about the plan.

el borracho
01-03-2008, 09:17 PM
I think the plan is to coach with no discernable direction, say whatever you think the fans want to hear at the time and, in times of extreme duress, tell people to "get over it!"

Rain Man
01-03-2008, 10:14 PM
Step 1. Obtain infinite number of monkeys.
Step 2. Obtain infinite number of typewriters.
Step 3. Herm and Carl will beat typewriters against oysters to crack open shells for monkeys.

el borracho
01-03-2008, 11:22 PM
http://www.fantasticfiction.co.uk/images/x0/x2839.jpg

FAX
01-04-2008, 11:23 AM
There Was A Little Man

By FAX.

There was a little man
Who had a little plan
He kept in a little can
That's where he kept his plan.

One day a loyal fan
Said to the little man,
"What is your little plan,
That you keep inside your can?"

And then the little man
Said, "You want to see the plan?
Because you are a fan
I will tell you that you can!"

And so the little man
Removed his little plan
From within the little can
And he read it to the fan.

The plan said number one
We are going to run
That's how the plan's begun
We'll run 'tll LJ's done.

The plan said number two
We have to find a crew
To block some people too
That's what we're going to do.

The plan said number three
We have to play good D
The plan, therefore, decrees
Good D, don't you agree?

The plan said number four
We'll get young guys galore
Old guys get shown the door
We don't want old guys no more.

The plan said number five
Home wins we must revive
So, when the fans arrive
There's a chance I'll leave alive.

The plan said number six
We'll have a lot of picks
That will help us with the fix
That's what the plan predicts.

And then the little man
Folded up his little plan
And returned it to the can
That used to hold some bran.

But, then the loyal fan
Said, "One answer if you can,
Why do you keep your plan
Inside this little can?"

And then the little man
Said, "I keep my little plan
Inside this little can
Because the plan has just began!"

"And if all of the fans
Knew about my little plan
And the little plan don't pan
I'll be coaching in Bhutan."

FAX

el borracho
01-04-2008, 11:37 AM
ROFL genius!

jjchieffan
01-04-2008, 11:38 AM
The only plan I have seen is to keep CP employed at one arrowhead drive.

ottawa_chiefs_fan
01-04-2008, 11:40 AM
Mr. FAX does it again!!! rep

Donger
01-04-2008, 11:43 AM
I must admit, this whole 'plan' thing reminds me of the end scene in Raiders of the Lost Ark, where Indy is complaining to the government guys about not being allowed to see the Ark.

[Discussing the fate of the Ark]

Maj. Eaton: We have top men working on it now.

Indiana: Who?

Maj. Eaton: Top... men.

Bugeater
01-04-2008, 11:44 AM
I snuck into Carl's office last night and snapped this photo:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v723/tsdowd72/coyoteplans.jpg

FAX
01-04-2008, 11:45 AM
I snuk into Carl's office last night and snapped this photo:

ROFL

FAX

Donger
01-04-2008, 11:47 AM
I snuck into Carl's office last night and snapped this photo:

I think I see the flaw in that Plan. The Coyote has no discernible means of propulsion.

dirk digler
01-04-2008, 12:13 PM
LMAO

That was awesome Fax

Calcountry
01-04-2008, 12:25 PM
Also, I hear about "The Plan"© more than I hear about Hanna Montana or Brittany Spears. I assume "The Plan"© is some cool s**t to warrant that kind of attention. I feel kind of left out.Well you got your wish cause that whore is back in the news today.

EM31
01-04-2008, 01:06 PM
Will HBO be back next year?

FringeNC
01-04-2008, 02:16 PM
Seems like the plan was throwing Solari and the offensive line under the bus.

Problem for Carl/Herm is that no one believes Herm can select a good offensive coordinator, and allow him the autonomy to build a legit offense.

Another year with a #31st offense will be the end of Herm in KC, so if he wants to save his job, he needs to allow himself to be Dungified, but his ego probably won't let him.

FAX
01-04-2008, 02:23 PM
Seems like the plan was throwing Solari and the offensive line under the bus.

Problem for Carl/Herm is that no one believes Herm can select a good offensive coordinator, and allow him the autonomy to build a legit offense.

Another year with a #31st offense will be the end of Herm in KC, so if he wants to save his job, he needs to allow himself to be Dungified, but his ego probably won't let him.

I have to believe that Herm is a little nervous at this point, Mr. FringeNC. Honestly, if he screws up anymore here it will be difficult for him to find another HC job anytime soon and that's the part his ego won't be able to stand.

For that reason, I think it's possible he'll do the right thing and get some offensive help in here. Firing Solari is an indicator that Captain Herm has awakened to the fact that he'll go down with this ship without a decent OC.

FAX

DMAC
01-04-2008, 02:28 PM
Will HBO be back next year?
ROFL

FringeNC
01-04-2008, 02:33 PM
I have to believe that Herm is a little nervous at this point, Mr. FringeNC. Honestly, if he screws up anymore here it will be difficult for him to find another HC job anytime soon and that's the part his ego won't be able to stand.

For that reason, I think it's possible he'll do the right thing and get some offensive help in here. Firing Solari is an indicator that Captain Herm has awakened to the fact that he'll go down with this ship without a decent OC.

FAX

Yeah, that's the big question. Does Herm understand that no good OC candidate is going to let Herm micromanage the offense? And without a good offensive coordinator, Herm is doomed. Herm's selection of his offensive coordinator is his last chance. I'm not as optimistic as you are that Herm will make a good decision.

FAX
01-04-2008, 02:43 PM
Yeah, that's the big question. Does Herm understand that no good OC candidate is going to let Herm micromanage the offense? And without a good offensive coordinator, Herm is doomed. Herm's selection of his offensive coordinator is his last chance. I'm not as optimistic as you are that Herm will make a good decision.

Yep. It always boils down to that, Mr. FringeNC ... whether or not Herm will hire above or below his own competency (such as it is). Prior to this week, I would say not. But, I've been listening carefully to his recent comments and (although it's against my better judgement) I'm beginning to believe he's seeing the picture.

We shouldn't expect a full-blown, Coryell man because he wants to pound the rock, play young guys, and keep the offense simple. But Herm's notion that, at this point, it's best to build the offensive "scheme" around the players' proven talents doesn't entirely suck. You're right, though. If he goes with a young OC with no NFL experience, however, I'll be very disappointed because it probably means Herm will still be in full control.

FAX

Saleenman607
01-04-2008, 02:46 PM
The "Plan", obviously, is at the end of the day, Like we did with both the Buc's and Jets.....have I told you these stories?...but I digress., again at the end of the day, we must bring the plan to fluition.........run,run and run some more until we can keep it close, then field goal try. We can do it, it's gonna be OK........just.......get over it.......there is no plan

FringeNC
01-04-2008, 02:57 PM
If he goes with a young OC with no NFL experience, however, I'll be very disappointed because it probably means Herm will still be in full control.

FAX

I think I disagree with you here. That Price guy that has been mentioned -- he seems like he's moving up the ranks. Taking the job, and allowing Herm to micromanage the offense, would be career-suicide because Herm's play-no-to-lose philosophy would cause the offense to suck. If Price is smart enough to be a good offensive coordinator, he is also probably smart enough to get guarantees that Herm not interfere.

beach tribe
01-04-2008, 02:58 PM
The "Plan", obviously, is at the end of the day, Like we did with both the Buc's and Jets.....have I told you these stories?...but I digress., again at the end of the day, we must bring the plan to fluition.........run,run and run some more until we can keep it close, then field goal try. We can do it, it's gonna be OK........just.......get over it.......there is no plan
nice.

FAX
01-04-2008, 03:04 PM
I think I disagree with you here. That Price guy that has been mentioned -- he seems like he's moving up the ranks. Taking the job, and allowing Herm to micromanage the offense, would be career-suicide because Herm's play-no-to-lose philosophy would cause the offense to suck. If Price is smart enough to be a good offensive coordinator, he is also probably smart enough to get guarantees that Herm not interfere.

You make an excellent point. And it's rare that this happens. But, yeah ... I'm afraid we're going to have to disagree on that one, Mr. FringeNC. Most likely, a N00b (sp?) OC is not going to have the mustard to stand up to Herm The All Wise And Knowing - at least, in my opinion. Herm's keen senses will foresee danger that the N00b (sp?) OC will screw things up.

Plus, if Price (for example) attempts to negotiate for Herm to stay the hell away from the offense, he probably won't get the job. A Catch-22 deal.

FAX

HemiEd
01-04-2008, 03:04 PM
I am glad you asked about "the Plan" Simplex, I was contemplating starting a thread about it. I have an opinion, based solely on hearing this crap from more than one NFL GM.

The plan=Salesmanship to placate the fans, the casual fan. It is all about numbers, they know the casual fan is the majority. They know that can't fool the majority of hardcore fans, like you. If you buy their story great, but you are expendable.
Depending on the levity of the situation the GM finds the Franchise/Fanbase relationship, "The Plan" must be modified to suit that particular situation.
First and foremost-change is good, the more extreme the problem, the louder the change must be. NEVER Ever Tell people what the plan is, the fan base will lose confidence if you do. Just use the vail of secrecy to jack up the hype.

Example: When the Bear's fans became totally upset over the futility of the Bears offense, after Lovie Smith's first year, something loud had to be done. Everyone that followed football, knew the Chiefs had a great offense.
Answer: hire a coach from that offense, and convince the casual fan base (majority) that the Chiefs offense was coming to Chicago. Problem solved for now.
Of course, when that didn't work, you do the process all over again and fire him to fix the same problem.

Jordan Black was part of the Great Chiefs offensive line to the casual Texan's fan last year. The Texans got a lot of miliage out of that signing while we all laughed.

So what is Carl and Herm's plan? It isn't complicated, you all know it very well. First I think you have to look at what they, Carl and Herm percieve as the casual fan's perception of the Chief's problem.
1) Offense, Solution- fire anyone that has anything to do with the offense, unless they were a recent Edwards hire. (casual fan realizes we are cleansing and fixing the problem) 2) Hire all new offensive coaches.
2) Talent, You know that drill. The hope for the draft, it takes time to develop them etc.

The heat is then off for this season, rinse and repeat as necessary. Once you have fired all the assistants, and you still suck, then the HC must go. It is vicious cycle of selling hope for next year. Hell they aren't even adressing the fact that Gunther is underachieving, because they don't percieve the casual fan has an issue with the defensive performance. Save that for next off season.

Zouk
01-04-2008, 03:15 PM

Eric Price knows Herm personally, not just based on weird message board psycho-analysis that claims to know that he has an out-of-control ego. In reality Herm has a reputation of letting coaches coach and not being a Parcells-style control freak. You likely just have this thing set up in your mind that if Eric Price runs anything less than a Patriots-style spread offense it will be because Herm neutered him, and not because we don't have the personnel for that and are not likely to get the personnel for that for at least 2 offseasons. Dirk Koetter was a pass-happy spread offense guy at Boise St. and Arizona St., but as the coordinator of the Jaguars now he runs the ball a lot with power formations becuase that's what they're best set up to do. Price would likely be the same here.

Logical
01-04-2008, 05:12 PM
The plan:Hold up shiny object (stadium renovation) to distract the fans who buy tickets, now with fans adequately distracted studiously avoid talking about how you are going to overcome the collapse of the franchise on the field. Thus never having to state in real terms a plan to fix the football problems. Throw in a generous heaping of KC football is all about providing entertainment on Sundays.

Extra Point
01-04-2008, 06:15 PM
The plan is to reach as deeply into the fans' pockets, to build a ugly box onto Arrowhead, to leave the GM position in two years, and to still be around in an advisory capacity, until the team wins in spite of the plan.