PDA

View Full Version : Screw you, KU doubters.

Pages : [1] 2

Lzen
01-03-2008, 11:12 PM
Well, I guess they beat a good team now.

12-1, best season ever for KU football. You people who claimed that KU would get rolled by VT got some crow to eat.

For the classy people and the ones that were just throwing playful jabs, this is not intended for you.

For the rest, **** you!!!

And before anyone starts talking about classiness, etc., save it. I have heard enough crap all season. This is poetic justice.

StcChief
01-03-2008, 11:15 PM
Congrats KU Beakers surprised at lotta folks.

or the WV Hokies were east coast overrated.

WTF is Hokie, a mis-spelled Hogie.

Fish
01-03-2008, 11:16 PM
Go KU!

Lzen
01-03-2008, 11:24 PM
Congrats KU Beakers surprised at lotta folks.

or the WV Hokies were east coast overrated.

WTF is Hokie, a mis-spelled Hogie.

Some kind of turkey. Real intimidating, eh? ROFL

BWillie
01-03-2008, 11:25 PM
"I guess now they can't say we didn't play nobody!" - Aqib Talib

Eleazar
01-03-2008, 11:26 PM
They did well, beat a good team just like we said they would need to do to earn some respect, they have earned it.

Now on to 2008 and the next time we beat KU in football :Poke:

HC_Chief
01-03-2008, 11:26 PM
Props! FU, doubters (fraz). The rest, join in the Big XII dominance celebration! :D Here's to ya!

smittysbar
01-03-2008, 11:27 PM
Congrats

HonestChieffan
01-03-2008, 11:27 PM
Great Game, Great Win, Classy Program. Big time win over a big time program.

Now the KU Haters can all cry in their beer when the final rankings come out and KU is rightfully ranked ahead of MU.

Mr. Flopnuts
01-03-2008, 11:28 PM
Well, I was a doubter. I was rootin for them though. Glad to see KU prove everybody wrong.

Mr. Flopnuts
01-03-2008, 11:29 PM

Now the KU Haters can all cry in their beer when the final rankings come out and KU is rightfully ranked ahead of MU.

That would be as dumb as MU being ranked ahead of OU.

Chiefspants
01-03-2008, 11:31 PM
So pumped, I never gave my hopes up this season, I didn't want to be dissapointed, amazing year, first time one of my teams won something huge, who thought it would be KU football? WOOOOO

bowener
01-03-2008, 11:31 PM
I was impressed with the KU D, but unimpressed with the VT QB's as well.... are they always that clueless looking? I like Talib's hustle though, as well as your LB's. Congrats! Go Big XII North!

pr_capone
01-03-2008, 11:32 PM
"I guess now they can't say we didn't play nobody!" - Aqib Talib

How does someone who is about to graduate from college still speak like this?

Grats KU.

Ceej
01-03-2008, 11:32 PM
Maybe this victory will get Pete to STFU and STFD.

Eh, probably not.

KC_Connection
01-03-2008, 11:33 PM
I told you all.

'Hamas' Jenkins
01-03-2008, 11:33 PM

You are f*cking retarded. You might have an argument had KU not lost to MU on a neutral f*cking field of all places where they had the advantage in crowd size.

You guys proved that you belonged in the BCS, congrats, but you are still less deserving of that spot than Missouri.

HC_Chief
01-03-2008, 11:35 PM
You guys proved that you belonged in the BCS, congrats, but you are still less deserving of that spot than Missouri.

Your opinion. Apparently the BCS disagreed. :D

Sure-Oz
01-03-2008, 11:37 PM
Congrats, now show up next year...

VT's O reminded me of Solari's O

kcpasco
Games aren't played on the field, they are played in conference rooms

Mr. Flopnuts

You know better. I'm not gonna shit on a team I was happy to see make the most of their opportunity though. Again, congratulations to a fantastic KU team tonight.

kcchiefsus
01-03-2008, 11:38 PM
Well, I guess they beat a good team now.

12-1, best season ever for KU football. You people who claimed that KU would get rolled by VT got some crow to eat.

For the classy people and the ones that were just throwing playful jabs, this is not intended for you.

For the rest, **** you!!!

And before anyone starts talking about classiness, etc., save it. I have heard enough crap all season. This is poetic justice.

Oh well, Mizzou still beat their ass. I guarantee KU doesn't even sniff a BCS bowl next year now that they don't have a cupcake schedule.

Bugeater
01-03-2008, 11:38 PM
Congrats on the win KU fans, you proved you belonged there.

kcchiefsus
01-03-2008, 11:39 PM

No, apparently your dumbass AD disagreed and decided to tilt the scales in his favor.

Frazod
01-03-2008, 11:40 PM

Did you once get f#cked in the ass at a Columbia bus station or something? You're an ILLINOIS FAN. What bearing does Kansas doing well (against everybody BUT MISSOURI) have on Illinois?

Illinois lost to Missouri.
Illinois was exposed as a pure, monstrous fraud.
Your sick obsession with both Missouri and Kansas is really, really sad.

And HC, again, 36-28. Against us, you FAILED.

HonestChieffan
01-03-2008, 11:41 PM
Amazing the denial from the boys to the east, Cannot just admit it...KU beat a better tean in a bigger bowl and has a better overall record. MU beat an inferior Arkansas team that they should have beaten.

Dont be such a bunch of whiney homers and give it up to KU...Rock Chalk Jayyyyyyyy Hawks!!!

kcpasco
01-03-2008, 11:41 PM
I think all 2nd place teams should go to the playoffs this year, using the logic of the BCS

'Hamas' Jenkins
01-03-2008, 11:42 PM
Amazing the denial from the boys to the east, Cannot just admit it...KU beat a better tean in a bigger bowl and has a better overall record. MU beat an inferior Arkansas team that they should have beaten.

Dont be such a bunch of whiney homers and give it up to KU...Rock Chalk Jayyyyyyyy Hawks!!!
36>28, in case you didn't realize that, you ignorant sonofabitch.

kcpasco
01-03-2008, 11:43 PM
Arkansas is now apparantley the Dolphins of College and VT is New England

Man I got a headache

Bump
So pumped, I never gave my hopes up this season, I didn't want to be dissapointed, amazing year, first time one of my teams won something huge, who thought it would be KU football? WOOOOO

ya besides my Red Sox (I grew up near Boston, so don't call me a bandwagon!) this is the first time I've experienced something like this for any of my teams! It feels great too!

HonestChieffan
KU ranking higher than MU.....priceless.

kcpasco
01-03-2008, 11:45 PM

settle down there, the polls haven't came out yet

Frazod
01-03-2008, 11:45 PM

Hey, I think USC just scored another touchdown.

HC_Chief
01-03-2008, 11:47 PM
You know better. I'm not gonna shit on a team I was happy to see make the most of their opportunity though. Again, congratulations to a fantastic KU team tonight.

I would have LOVED to see a KU/MU rematch. Win or lose, that would have been the shit. Until such times, I'll take MU getting snubbed by the BCS. ;-)

Sucks for you tigger fans, but it's the status quo until a more equitable system is inacted.

FWIW, the tiggers did EXACTLY what I expecete: kidked the shit out of whatever poor team got placed in front of them. This year's MU team was damned good.

Lzen
01-03-2008, 11:48 PM

Grats KU.

Don't tell me that you have never heard a college or pro athlete talk like that.

01-03-2008, 11:48 PM
settle down there, the polls haven't came out yet
Agreed. ONe way or the other, both teams WILL be back to back.

Bump
01-03-2008, 11:49 PM

Man I got a headache

who said that? I haven't scrolled through this thread, but anybody to say that would be stupid. But VT is a tough opponent though. I'm not taking anything away from MU, Arkansas is a tough opponent for anybody. They have a heisman candidate and they are definately not a cake walk. There are dumbass fans for every team that will say things just to piss ya off. I'm very happy for our win today and that's all I really can say.

Lzen
01-03-2008, 11:50 PM
Oh well, Mizzou still beat their ass. I guarantee KU doesn't even sniff a BCS bowl next year now that they don't have a cupcake schedule.

Don't you prediction morons ever give up? ROFL

Lzen
01-03-2008, 11:53 PM

Man I got a headache

You would have thought VT is the Patriots of college ball with all the dumb ass predictions by mostly KU haters getting blown out by VT. KU was supposed to be such a fraud. VT was way too good. Too fast. Too athletic. Sounds like the same BS that the KSU player spewed right before KU went into their place and won. 4321

Fish
01-03-2008, 11:54 PM
Thanks KU and MU.

Go KU!

kcpasco
01-03-2008, 11:56 PM
You would have thought VT is the Patriots of college ball with all the dumb ass predictions by mostly KU haters getting blown out by VT. KU was supposed to be such a fraud. VT was way too good. Too fast. Too athletic. Sounds like the same BS that the KSU player spewed right before KU went into their place and won. 4321

Well from all the MU haters, Arkansas went from a team that was gonna run for 500 yards on them to a team that was mediocre and Missouri should have spanked.

HC_Chief
01-04-2008, 12:02 AM
Well from all the MU haters, Arkansas went from a team that was gonna run for 500 yards on them to a team that was mediocre and Missouri should have spanked.

I never read that. Of course I spent some time in Vegae recently, but still I doubt anyone would have predicted an Arkanasas team runnning all over MU. Yes, McFadden is abadass, but a one-dimensional team won't do shit against a more than solid tiger team.

I fully expected MU to roll Arkansas, and that's exactly what they did. Perhaps in the future there will be a better end o such a season as MU had, but until then, you MU fans can continue to envy KU :)

j/k bitches :D

not really, RCJGKU! :KU:

Al Bundy
01-04-2008, 12:02 AM

All that about a team your team lost to.

HC_Chief
01-04-2008, 12:08 AM
Bah. Tonight, the Big XII won. F*cktards or not, you MU and are brothers (if not close cousins). Enjoy the win & celebrate! For tonight we are kin!! We can go to kicking one another's arse.... let us have this day of celebration!:D

Extra Point
01-04-2008, 12:10 AM
I have no doubt about KU. They will be getting a lot of money for my three kids going there next school year!

noa
01-04-2008, 12:10 AM
I really thought KU blew it when they had 1st and 1 and got penalty after penalty and then threw an INT. Couldn't believe VT didn't take the lead. Very impressive win. Loved the coaching loved the toughness on D, although Ore was making them look bad once he got going.

Mr. Plow
01-04-2008, 12:11 AM
Hey, I think USC just scored another touchdown.

ROFL

Mr. Flopnuts
01-04-2008, 12:12 AM
I would have LOVED to see a KU/MU rematch. Win or lose, that would have been the shit. Until such times, I'll take MU getting snubbed by the BCS. ;-)

Sucks for you tigger fans, but it's the status quo until a more equitable system is inacted.

FWIW, the tiggers did EXACTLY what I expecete: kidked the shit out of whatever poor team got placed in front of them. This year's MU team was damned good.

Hah. I wish my team was as good as MU or KU. I root for UW. That's not Wisconsin. LOL. The Washington Huskies. Yeah, they suck.

Mr. Plow
I have no doubt about KU. They will be getting a lot of money for my three kids going there next school year!

Triplets?

Lzen

I never expected Arkansas to win that game once their coach left. Plus, I thought I heard the guys on the radio in KC saying McFadden wasn't going to play. I figured you guys would roll them. McFadden played after all and you guys still rolled them. You did what you were supposed to do. Congrats. That's more than OU can say.

dtebbe
01-04-2008, 12:13 AM

No, priceless was when MU handed KU thier asses on a neutral field... head to head. Ranking higher in a flawed system is only $1.99 + tax.

DT

Silock
01-04-2008, 12:15 AM
Just think, when LSU wins, KU will be the only 1-loss team to have won a bowl game.

Mr. Plow
01-04-2008, 12:15 AM
No, priceless was when MU handed KU thier asses on a neutral field... head to head. Ranking higher in a flawed system is only $1.99 + tax.

DT

So I can at least get a whopper, right?

01-04-2008, 12:16 AM

DT

I still say KU made a huge mistake letting the game be moved to Arrowhead.

Lzen
01-04-2008, 12:16 AM

DT

Well, MU did have 2 losses compared to KU's 1 loss. But who knows how this all will affect the final rankings. Really, I could care less. KU went 12-1 and finished with a victory in the Orange Bowl. I could not asked for much better of a season. :)

HC_Chief
01-04-2008, 12:19 AM
Well, MU did have 2 losses compared to KU's 1 loss. But who knows how this all will affect the final rankings. Really, I could care less. KU went 12-1 and finished with a victory in the Orange Bowl. I could not asked for much better of a season. :)

No kidding! I'm a huge KU homer and scoffed at a 10+win season. Despite the MU loss, this year kicked major ass! :KU: :D

Mr. Flopnuts
01-04-2008, 12:22 AM
So I can at least get a whopper, right?

Actually, they've been discontinued.

www.whopperfreakout.com

Mr. Plow
01-04-2008, 12:24 AM
Actually, they've been discontinued.

www.whopperfreakout.com

Sweeeeet.

CoMoChief
01-04-2008, 12:27 AM
This was the 2nd time I watched VT play.

They suck. WAY OVERRATED!!!!!!!.

Having that said congrats to KU, even they weren't any good, they still beat a traditionally national powerhouse.

kcfanXIII
01-04-2008, 12:28 AM
i'm a KU hater. but nice win, congrats.

HC_Chief
01-04-2008, 12:32 AM
i'm a KU hater. but nice win, congrats.

Props 2u :D

Tactical Funky
01-04-2008, 12:50 AM
I'm normally a very reserved personality, but the haters can f*ck off. KU showed a lot of heart tonight and if anyone says that VT was "overrated", they're going to find my size 11 shoe up their ass. Great win for a program that's on the up and up...

ROCK CHALK!!!

Valiant
01-04-2008, 01:23 AM

The system is majorily a POS.. MU should still be ranked one slot higher then Kansas, but Kansas will get the nod because they got a BCS game even though they lost to MU who should have rightfully got the game..

If they had a playoff system with the top 12 teams we wouldn't be bitching about it.. All the other leagues/divisions of college football have, most of all the NCAA sports have a playoff system.. but for some reason common sense evades the football side of it..

Boyceofsummer
01-04-2008, 01:24 AM

Grats KU.

Eddie Murphy.

Boyceofsummer
01-04-2008, 01:27 AM
The system is majorily a POS.. MU should still be ranked one slot higher then Kansas, but Kansas will get the nod because they got a BCS game even though they lost to MU who should have rightfully got the game..

If they had a playoff system with the top 12 teams we wouldn't be bitching about it.. All the other leagues/divisions of college football have, most of all the NCAA sports have a playoff system.. but for some reason common sense evades the football side of it..

MU beat KU and OU beat MU. We all had our chances. We all are very good college football teams.

p.s. It's sucks to lose your BCS bowl game every year. You could at least make eye contact, Bob Stoops!

Pablo
01-04-2008, 01:36 AM
Hah. I wish my team was as good as MU or KU. I root for UW. That's not Wisconsin. LOL. The Washington Huskies. Yeah, they suck.Isn't that the school that produced our savior, Damon Huard?

teedubya
01-04-2008, 01:50 AM
It is refreshing to think that KU lost ONE game all year... and only by 8 points. It does suck to think that the one team to beat us was MU... but, we are both VERY good teams.

There is no shame losing to MU. In fact, if KU and MU played 6 times, it could very well be 3-3.

Pablo
01-04-2008, 01:51 AM
It is refreshing to think that KU lost ONE game all year... and only by 8 points. It does suck to think that the one team to beat us was MU... but, we are both VERY good teams.

There is no shame losing to MU. In fact, if KU and MU played 6 times, it could very well be 3-3.Eh..that would require a kicker that didn't miss FG's when they were most important. Seriously, choking twice in the MU game, and once tonight. Inexcusable.

thebrad84
01-04-2008, 01:56 AM
All the other leagues/divisions of college football have, most of all the NCAA sports have a playoff system.. but for some reason common sense evades the football side of it..

I think the powerhouse programs don't worry too much about common sense when they are counting their millions of dollars they make each year from the BCS system...just a guess. Money is what makes the world turn, unfortunately..

Pants
01-04-2008, 02:01 AM
Did you once get f#cked in the ass at a Columbia bus station or something? You're an ILLINOIS FAN. What bearing does Kansas doing well (against everybody BUT MISSOURI) have on Illinois?

Illinois lost to Missouri.
Illinois was exposed as a pure, monstrous fraud.
Your sick obsession with both Missouri and Kansas is really, really sad.

And HC, again, 36-28. Against us, you FAILED.

Oklahoma lost to Colorado, does that mean CU > OU? F**k no. We went to a better bowl and we beat a better team. That's life...

teedubya
01-04-2008, 02:10 AM
Eh..that would require a kicker that didn't miss FG's when they were most important. Seriously, choking twice in the MU game, and once tonight. Inexcusable.

yeah, **** Webb. That dude sucks.

Mr. Flopnuts
01-04-2008, 02:15 AM
Isn't that the school that produced our savior, Damon Huard?

Yep. He was born and raised out here. My high school beat his high school for a state championship one year. That was fun.

Mr. Flopnuts
01-04-2008, 02:18 AM
Oklahoma lost to Colorado, does that mean CU > OU? F**k no. We went to a better bowl and we beat a better team. That's life...

Wee bit of a difference though. The BCS took a team that finished lower in conference. That smells like money motivation. You guys shouldn't wear such a fat chip on your shoulders. It was mere luck and money that got KU in that game in the first place. Congrats on the win, I was pulling for them, but Christ, let's not make it out like it was a justifiable decision by the BCS based on the best interest of the fans. It wasn't. They wanted your money, and they got it. In return you got the opportunity to win a game, you did. Cool. Hopefully both teams come back equally strong next year.

Pants
01-04-2008, 02:26 AM
Wee bit of a difference though. The BCS took a team that finished lower in conference. That smells like money motivation. You guys shouldn't wear such a fat chip on your shoulders. It was mere luck and money that got KU in that game in the first place. Congrats on the win, I was pulling for them, but Christ, let's not make it out like it was a justifiable decision by the BCS based on the best interest of the fans. It wasn't. They wanted your money, and they got it. In return you got the opportunity to win a game, you did. Cool. Hopefully both teams come back equally strong next year.

I agree with you. I'm just tired of the retarded logic. MU didn't blow us out - Chase played a perfect game and KU played scared shitless. We missed 2 field goals that would've made the game tied in the end (before the trash time safety). I think Frazod is being ****ing stupid in his blind hatred and we proved today that we belonged in the Orange Bowl.

Mr. Flopnuts
01-04-2008, 02:30 AM
I agree with you. I'm just tired of the retarded logic. MU didn't blow us out - Chase played a perfect game and KU played scared shitless. We missed 2 field goals that would've made the game tied in the end (before the trash time safety). I think Frazod is being ****ing stupid in his blind hatred and we proved today that we belonged in the Orange Bowl.

My problem Metro is I'm not realizing that these posts are directed toward 3-4 individuals. Again, I'm not taking shit away from KU. I rooted for them tonight like they were my own team. I was thrilled when they won. I'm just one of the few people it would seem that is thrilled that both programs are doing so well. I'd love nothing more than to see the KU MU rivalry go nationwide.

crazycoffey
01-04-2008, 02:42 AM
SCREW YOU KU...

no, seriously, good job for your team. As an MU fan I felt like I was rooting for Denver today, but since it's college and different than the pros, I guess I don't feel too dirty to be happy for a KU win.

crazycoffey
01-04-2008, 02:43 AM
My problem Metro is I'm not realizing that these posts are directed toward 3-4 individuals. Again, I'm not taking shit away from KU. I rooted for them tonight like they were my own team. I was thrilled when they won. I'm just one of the few people it would seem that is thrilled that both programs are doing so well. I'd love nothing more than to see the KU MU rivalry go nationwide.

:rockon:

Pants
01-04-2008, 02:44 AM

Don't get me wrong, I hate Mizzou just as much as anyone else who went to KU, but I was laughing my ass off when they hung 38 on Arkansas and beat that ass. Big 12 needs to represent to make things easier for KU (and MU in your case) in the future.

And yeah, Mizzou played MUCH better in Arrowhead, but I just don't see how that proved us to be frauds. That's like saying OU beating MU exposed Mizzou as frauds. Stupid ****ing logic.

Bump
01-04-2008, 02:47 AM
MU beat KU and OU beat MU. We all had our chances. We all are very good college football teams.

p.s. It's sucks to lose your BCS bowl game every year. You could at least make eye contact, Bob Stoops!

lol, you know why Bob Stoops has to eat his cereal on a plate? He keeps losing all his bowls!!!!!!

pa - da - ching!

kcchiefsus
01-04-2008, 02:58 AM

And Mizzou beat KU so end of story. That trumps any other argument. Head to head, Mizzou was the better team.

Mr. Flopnuts
01-04-2008, 02:58 AM
Don't get me wrong, I hate Mizzou just as much as anyone else who went to KU, but I was laughing my ass off when they hung 38 on Arkansas and beat that ass. Big 12 needs to represent to make things easier for KU (and MU in your case) in the future.

And yeah, Mizzou played MUCH better in Arrowhead, but I just don't see how that proved us to be frauds. That's like saying OU beating MU exposed Mizzou as frauds. Stupid ****ing logic.

Absolutely. I lean MU, but I like KU too. It's weird. My team is Washington. I HATE all things Washington St. It's just not the same with this rivalry, probably because neither team is "mine".

kcchiefsus
01-04-2008, 03:02 AM
I never read that. Of course I spent some time in Vegae recently, but still I doubt anyone would have predicted an Arkanasas team runnning all over MU. Yes, McFadden is abadass, but a one-dimensional team won't do shit against a more than solid tiger team.

I fully expected MU to roll Arkansas, and that's exactly what they did. Perhaps in the future there will be a better end o such a season as MU had, but until then, you MU fans can continue to envy KU :)

j/k bitches :D

not really, RCJGKU! :KU:

Why would I envy a team that MU beat?

You gayhawks act like everybody else in the nation gives a shit. Guess what? They don't. Teams win BCS bowls year in and year out and after one victory you don't see the nation bowing before them. Same goes for Kansas. Not to mention, everybody knows Kansas won't be returning next season. They don't have the same soft schedule to get easy wins from. Texas, Oklahoma, Missouri, and South Florida all in the same season? I see more than a couple of losses for Kansas on that schedule.

Pablo
01-04-2008, 03:04 AM

You gayhawks act like everybody else in the nation gives a shit. Guess what? They don't. Teams win BCS bowls year in and year out and after one victory you don't see the nation bowing before them. Same goes for Kansas. Not to mention, everybody knows Kansas won't be returning next season. They don't have the same soft schedule to get easy wins from. Texas, Oklahoma, Missouri, and South Florida all in the same season? I see more than a couple of losses for Kansas on that schedule.Don't take the bait...

Pants
01-04-2008, 03:04 AM
Absolutely. I lean MU, but I like KU too. It's weird. My team is Washington. I HATE all things Washington St. It's just not the same with this rivalry, probably because neither team is "mine".

I don't like MU - I hate MU with a passion, but I'm a smart person and I can see how some MU wins might be beneficial.

Mr. Flopnuts
01-04-2008, 03:06 AM
I don't like MU - I hate MU with a passion, but I'm a smart person and I can see how some MU wins might be beneficial.

You either attend KU or are alum right? If so, I would expect nothing less. :D

kcchiefsus
01-04-2008, 03:06 AM

There is no shame losing to MU. In fact, if KU and MU played 6 times, it could very well be 3-3.

Not likely. Mizzou simply has the better players and that showed when our teams faced each other.

Pablo
01-04-2008, 03:08 AM
Not likely. Mizzou simply has the better players and that showed when our teams faced each other.Because "better players" guarantee a win. Ask VT.

kcchiefsus
01-04-2008, 03:09 AM

That game wasn't on a neutral field and that game didn't have a whole lot of meaning. MU vs. KU was on a neutral field and the players on both teams knew the importance of the game. Head to head, Mizzou kicked Kansas' ass. I really don't care how you performed against another team. We beat you. End of story.

Pants
01-04-2008, 03:10 AM
Because "better players" guarantee a win. Ask VT.

Yeah, and USC and Oklahoma and LSU and OSU and Michigan and...

Pants
01-04-2008, 03:11 AM
That game wasn't on a neutral field and that game didn't have a whole lot of meaning. MU vs. KU was on a neutral field and the players on both teams knew the importance of the game. Head to head, Mizzou kicked Kansas' ass. I really don't care how you performed against another team. We beat you. End of story.

You beat us, but that's not quite the end of the story, bud.

kcchiefsus
01-04-2008, 03:12 AM

It doesn't mean KU were frauds. MU beating KU just means that in a situation where things were as equal and neutral as they could possibly be, the better team won. Regardless of the bowl games both teams went to and regardless of the final records, Mizzou won the head to head matchup which IMO makes them the better team.

kcchiefsus
01-04-2008, 03:13 AM

Virginia Tech has no offense. Mizzou has a very balanced team. No comparison at all.

Pablo
01-04-2008, 03:16 AM
I'm just pretty stoked that both programs are going into next year with this much hype and expectation. It's great for the Big 12, and I hope the North finally gets a little bit of respect. Those c*cksuckers in the South think they own the damn division, and it's about time they learned to share.

I can't wait until the KU/MU matchup next year, and I hope it's a great game, and I hope we beat y'all. Bad.

Until then, I suppose we'll just have to slaughter you twice in the ol' roundball game. That ought to hold us over for a while.

Pants
01-04-2008, 03:16 AM
It doesn't mean KU were frauds. MU beating KU just means that in a situation where things were as equal and neutral as they could possibly be, the better team won. Regardless of the bowl games both teams went to and regardless of the final records, Mizzou won the head to head matchup which IMO makes them the better team.

I can agree with that. Mizzou is the better team, but I don't think they would beat KU every time if they played multiple times.

kcchiefsus
01-04-2008, 03:17 AM
You beat us, but that's not quite the end of the story, bud.

As far as the rivalry between our two teams it is. And I don't really think KU's bowl win was anymore impressive. They may have gotten more publicity but that's it. KU barely beat a slightly better opponent while MU totally dominated a slightly lesser opponent. I don't see how Virginia Tech should be considered so much better than Arkansas.

kcchiefsus
01-04-2008, 03:18 AM
I can agree with that. Mizzou is the better team, but I don't think they would beat KU every time if they played multiple times.

I don't think every time. This is just my opinion but I would say they would win 6 or 7 times out of 10. The coaching is about equal and both teams are pretty equal but in the end Mizzou's talent would win out most of the time.

Pablo
01-04-2008, 03:27 AM
As far as the rivalry between our two teams it is. And I don't really think KU's bowl win was anymore impressive. They may have gotten more publicity but that's it. KU barely beat a slightly better opponent while MU totally dominated a slightly lesser opponent. I don't see how Virginia Tech should be considered so much better than Arkansas.VT is considered better because they were 10-2, not 7-5, and although their offense is weak, it wasn't one dimensional like Arkansas'. All Mizzou had to gameplan was McFadden and Jones. It's not like Casey Dick was going to put up 200 yards against any team. That kid is more of a pathetic joke at QB than Glennon out of VT.

Also, VT still had a coaching staff fully intact. A bowl team without a coaching staff is generally in a state of disarray, and with the exception of WVU, teams with interim coaches faired pretty poorly.

Make no mistake about it, KU played a much better opponent. Not to say AK was weak, but with McFadden getting ready to declare for the draft and Nutt already gone, Mizzou pretty much had the game won before they stepped on the field. But to be fair, if Nutt was still there, Mizzou still would have won the thing, they were the better team regardless.

VT has a pretty bad-ass defense, with four NFL caliber players, and a pretty nice special teams. AK really has a piss-poor excuse for a defense.

Valiant
01-04-2008, 03:35 AM
VT is considered better because they were 10-2, not 7-5, and although their offense is weak, it wasn't one dimensional like Arkansas'. All Mizzou had to gameplan was McFadden and Jones. It's not like Casey Dick was going to put up 200 yards against any team. That kid is more of a pathetic joke at QB than Glennon out of VT.

Also, VT still had a coaching staff fully intact. A bowl team without a coaching staff is generally in a state of disarray, and with the exception of WVU, teams with interim coaches faired pretty poorly.

Make no mistake about it, KU played a much better opponent. Not to say AK was weak, but with McFadden getting ready to declare for the draft and Nutt already gone, Mizzou pretty much had the game won before they stepped on the field. But to be fair, if Nutt was still there, Mizzou still would have won the thing, they were the better team regardless.

VT has a pretty bad-ass defense, with four NFL caliber players, and a pretty nice special teams. AK really has a piss-poor excuse for a defense.

Yeah oklahoma and other teams should have won also by just stepping on the field.. Sorry but it does not work that way... KU did a great job, just seems that OU matched up to well against MU and MU blew their chance.. Does not mean KU is better because they got the not in the BS system over a team that won the north outright..

flawed system, just bitch until there is a better system in place..

kstater
01-04-2008, 05:03 AM
Congrats on the win.

Spott
01-04-2008, 05:19 AM

I see that even in victory you are still a pathetic little prick.

To all of the other KU fans, congrats on the victory and the great season. Next year should be another great season for both teams.

Al Bundy
01-04-2008, 07:25 AM
I will take Reesing over either of the 2 Virginia Tech scrubs.

WilliamTheIrish
01-04-2008, 07:49 AM
That was the best BCS bowl game since tOSU beat Miami. I thought the game swung back to KU on the blocked FG.
They never let it get tied or lost the lead. That was huge.

Great game. Congrats lads..

WilliamTheIrish
01-04-2008, 07:50 AM
Or Boise/OU. Take your pick.

chagrin
01-04-2008, 07:51 AM
Congratulations KU, and also MU, having the years y'all had is a great accomplishment, establishing tradition is even more difficult - ask Maryland.
I don't "hate" either team and the fans deserve to be happy.
With all due respect, you can't claim true football superiority until you've kept it up for a few years, but you've certainly earned bragging rights for the offseason and going into next!

Braincase
01-04-2008, 07:58 AM

You gayhawks act like everybody else in the nation gives a shit. Guess what? They don't. Teams win BCS bowls year in and year out and after one victory you don't see the nation bowing before them. Same goes for Kansas. Not to mention, everybody knows Kansas won't be returning next season. They don't have the same soft schedule to get easy wins from. Texas, Oklahoma, Missouri, and South Florida all in the same season? I see more than a couple of losses for Kansas on that schedule.

COuld be, but I'm gonna bet that when the cycle kicks in and we play A&M, OSU & Baylor again, Mizzou fans will once again pooh-pooh KU's schedule if they do something. And I'll be able to kick back and say "When was the last time Missouri played Texas and Oklahoma in the same year?".

KU had one loss this year, one let down performance. Greatest season ever for the Jayhawks.

kepp
01-04-2008, 08:00 AM
You know, towards the end of the game last night I was trying to think of some smart @ss comments to minimize the KU victory, but I decided to just say congratulations. That was a good win for you and the Big12 North should be fun next year.

Oh yeah, on a side note, does anyone have a picture of Bilbo with sod in his helmet again? :p

Boon
01-04-2008, 08:25 AM
West Virginia would beat both KU and MU the way they played the other night!!

phisherman
01-04-2008, 08:25 AM
COuld be, but I'm gonna bet that when the cycle kicks in and we play A&M, OSU & Baylor again, Mizzou fans will once again pooh-pooh KU's schedule if they do something. And I'll be able to kick back and say "When was the last time Missouri played Texas and Oklahoma in the same year?".

KU had one loss this year, one let down performance. Greatest season ever for the Jayhawks.

the only way that i will pooh-pooh KU's schedule if they somehow manage to avoid both OU and Texas in the same year.

Congrats on the win KU fans...VT had a pretty stout D, but those QB's just looked subpar last night and the KU D looked very opportunistic and disciplined.

petegz28
01-04-2008, 08:44 AM
Maybe this victory will get Pete to STFU and STFD.

Eh, probably not.

Obviously you didn't see the thread I made giving them props you stupid, arrogant, gayhawk dumb-****!

And believe it or not I got shit for starting a thread giving KU props.

So go **** yourself asshat.

Sure-Oz
01-04-2008, 08:47 AM
Why wouldn't mangino's fatass let them dump gatorade on his head?? He acts as if they've been there before or something?

penguinz
01-04-2008, 08:50 AM
"I guess now they can't say we didn't play nobody!" - Aqib TalibWhen I was watching this interview the only thing I came away with is when did it and why is it still popular for young men to wear their hats like they are mentally challenged?

Sure-Oz
01-04-2008, 08:51 AM
When I was watching this interview the only thing I came away with is when did it and why is it still popular for young men to wear their hats like they are mentally challenged?
I think aqib is mentally challenged, i just love his line, nice engrrrriish

siberian khatru
01-04-2008, 08:51 AM
Also, VT still had a coaching staff fully intact.

I think that was one of their problems.

kepp
01-04-2008, 08:53 AM
Their coaching in the first half was atrocious...the playcalling reminded me of Solari.

mikeyis4dcats.
01-04-2008, 08:53 AM
Congrats to Sean Glennon and the rest of the KU team!

mikeyis4dcats.
01-04-2008, 08:54 AM

Definitely was. That was Beamer's worst coached game of his career. Made me think of a lot of K-State games we coached away being stupid.

King_Chief_Fan
01-04-2008, 08:56 AM
VT is considered better because they were 10-2, not 7-5, and although their offense is weak, it wasn't one dimensional like Arkansas'. All Mizzou had to gameplan was McFadden and Jones. It's not like Casey Dick was going to put up 200 yards against any team. That kid is more of a pathetic joke at QB than Glennon out of VT.

Look, on any given day. KU was better than VT, MU better than ARK. You can throw your no nothing baloney out the window about who had the better this or that etc. Truth is this.....You got beat by MU. That day they were the better team. Play MU tomorrow and they will be the better team again. KU should enjoy the win.

penguinz
01-04-2008, 08:56 AM
I think aqib is mentally challenged, i just love his line, nice engrrrriishTriple negatives rock!

Sure-Oz
01-04-2008, 08:58 AM
VT's offense is horrible, i love the solari coordinated O there. Their QB play was horrible as well, suprised it was only a 3 point win by KU.

CupidStunt
01-04-2008, 08:59 AM
Some of you MU kids are vags. You had a point before KU beat a top team - now you don't. I agreed yesterday, but KU did its job. Zip it.

teedubya
01-04-2008, 09:00 AM
For Frazod

Braincase
01-04-2008, 09:04 AM
Why wouldn't mangino's fatass let them dump gatorade on his head?? He acts as if they've been there before or something?

Dump that much gatorade, and you've got an instant Superfund site.

nychief
01-04-2008, 09:22 AM
congrats... it took you the entire season, but you finally beat a top 25 team, barely.

ROYC75
01-04-2008, 09:38 AM
congrats... it took you the entire season, but you finally beat a top 25 team, barely.

Shit, is this the best you got for trashing KU all year ?

Move along ....... :D

ROYC75
01-04-2008, 09:39 AM
For Frazod

ROFL Classic .........

HemiEd
01-04-2008, 09:41 AM

I guessed you missed the "kneel down" at the one yard line to end the game.

ROYC75
01-04-2008, 09:44 AM
Look, on any given day. KU was better than VT, MU better than ARK. You can throw your no nothing baloney out the window about who had the better this or that etc. Truth is this.....You got beat by MU. That day they were the better team. Play MU tomorrow and they will be the better team again. KU should enjoy the win.

So on any given day MU was better than KU ?

You still can't live with it....... Damn, we will never here the end of this shit.

Who's better, who cares ! Both teams had good years and KU & MU are about as equal as you can get. The breaks went MU's way that night. Play that game 10 times and I couldn't honestly tell you who wins thew most, if either would to start with.

There are so many ways to look at this and twist it, it's comical. Stop spinning it.........

Just enjoy the fact you ended KU's perfect season ........ other than that, you are not head and shoulders better, Just a little bit on that " Any Given Night " .

bobbything
01-04-2008, 09:46 AM
http://www.ic-gallery.com/albums/userpics/10783/normal_emo-oranges%7E0.jpg

gblowfish
01-04-2008, 09:48 AM
Congrats to the second best team in the Big 12 North.

Heh...

No seriously, nice win, and what a great year for Tiger and Hawk fans. Helps offset the steaming pile of crap the Chiefs were this year.

So enjoy.

PS: Are you in the final four yet?

ROYC75
01-04-2008, 09:48 AM
Missouri Oranges ? ROFL

http://www.ic-gallery.com/albums/userpics/10783/normal_emo-oranges%7E0.jpg

ROYC75
01-04-2008, 09:50 AM

Heh...

No seriously, nice win, and what a great year for Tiger and Hawk fans. Helps offset the steaming pile of crap the Chiefs were this year.

So enjoy.

PS: Are you in the final four yet?

Now this is how you show class and be a little bit sarcastic at the same time.... :cuss:

Nice post.... rep coming.

Eleazar
01-04-2008, 09:50 AM
Great game, glad we finally got to see one good bowl game. Turns out VT is the team that didn't belong there.

It's nice for our schools to be taking over the Big 12 north in football. I don't mind seeing Nebraska languishing among all this competition either. :D

ROYC75
01-04-2008, 09:53 AM
Great game, glad we finally got to see one good bowl game. Turns out VT is the team that didn't belong there.

It's nice for our schools to be taking over the Big 12 north in football. I don't mind seeing Nebraska languishing among all this competition either. :D

VT didn't belong ? How's that, they were a quality program that won their confrence.

Now Had MU been there to play against KU, I can see your point ! ;)

WilliamTheIrish
01-04-2008, 09:54 AM
I'd hire Warriner tomorrow if somebody would fire Prince. That guy runs a terrific college offense.

Bowser
01-04-2008, 09:56 AM
Nice game, bitchy beakers. Your pissant team showed more toughness than I thought it had. :)

Now, go win a bowl game by a 31 point margin, then come talk to the rest of us. :D

djrcmay
01-04-2008, 10:26 AM
still cant get over that sissy schedule.

Reerun_KC
01-04-2008, 10:39 AM

I hear ya, but at least they go to the NC game.... Were talking about tOSU right?

Adept Havelock
01-04-2008, 10:44 AM
Nice game, bitchy beakers. Your pissant team showed more toughness than I thought it had. :)

Now, go win a bowl game by a 31 point margin, then come talk to the rest of us. :D

LMAO :thumb:

KC kid
01-04-2008, 10:45 AM

You obviously do not know college football very well. Many pundits thought Va Tech should have been in the national championship.

I have no horse in this argument, but if you want to talk about undeserving, you talk about Missouri beating the 6th best team in the SEC.

People bashing the Kansas Fans for a sissy schedule have to hush now because Kansas beat the number THREE team in the nation. This win is better than any win MU had (unless you count beating KU as better?)

petegz28
01-04-2008, 10:58 AM
You obviously do not know college football very well. Many pundits thought Va Tech should have been in the national championship.

I have no horse in this argument, but if you want to talk about undeserving, you talk about Missouri beating the 6th best team in the SEC.

People bashing the Kansas Fans for a sissy schedule have to hush now because Kansas beat the number THREE team in the nation. This win is better than any win MU had (unless you count beating KU as better?)

Better than a MU win? When did KU beat MU?

petegz28
01-04-2008, 10:59 AM

109th out of 116 teams correct?

KC kid
01-04-2008, 11:00 AM
Better than a MU win? When did KU beat MU?

Read it again.

petegz28
01-04-2008, 11:00 AM
Look you KU guys know that if that had been Daniel on the field last night and not the scrubs at VT KU would have been rolled.

The only thing that saved KU last night was an ignorant coach that went away from the power run that KU could not stop.

KC kid
01-04-2008, 11:01 AM

I am sorry no one saw the cotton bowl win (and no one cares).

petegz28
01-04-2008, 11:01 AM
Read it again.

Oh I understood it fine. You are trying to pretend VT was better than MU to gloss over the fact MU beat KU. ROFL

siberian khatru
01-04-2008, 11:02 AM
This win is better than any win MU had (unless you count beating KU as better?)

Well, KU was ranked No. 2 when they played MU, and now they've just beaten the No. 3 team, so yeah, I'd say that makes MU's win over KU look really, really good.

petegz28
01-04-2008, 11:04 AM
Let's not forget it was not ranking but record that got KU to the O-Bowl. Nevermind they were not good enough to play 14 games.

ROYC75
01-04-2008, 11:04 AM

Still pissy I see.........31 point win, against a cupcake ? The # 6 seed out of the SEC vs the # 1 seed out of the ACC .

ROFL

Got anymore funny ones ? :hmmm:

Eleazar
01-04-2008, 11:06 AM

I obviously was not being serious there, but no, after seeing VT play last night, I don't think they were as good as they were cracked up to be. Mizzou would have beaten them too - probably worse, given that our offense could have done more to move the ball and score points.

That's not to take anything away from KU, just the way I see it.

ROYC75

Pete, you are reaching...... do some research and return with it again.

petegz28

I could be wrong I thought that is what it was though. Please tell me what it is then if you know?

petegz28
01-04-2008, 11:07 AM
Still pissy I see.........31 point win, against a cupcake ? The # 6 seed out of the SEC vs the # 1 seed out of the ACC .

ROFL

Got anymore funny ones ? :hmmm:

Translation we could not stop 2 scrub qb's.

And if you want to point to rankings...uh....you don't want to go to rankings do you? Do you?

mikeyis4dcats.
01-04-2008, 11:09 AM

106th. He was close....

http://teamrankings.com/ncf/27powerratings.php3

ROYC75
01-04-2008, 11:10 AM
Well, KU was ranked No. 2 when they played MU, and now they've just beaten the No. 3 team, so yeah, I'd say that makes MU's win over KU look really, really good.

It does makes MU's win more quality........ BUT OU's 2 losses hurts as well with it's poor showing in the Fiesta Bowl. This will hurt you some as well......

Lzen

You won't get any argument from me. I agree the BCS is not perfect. Not even close. I have been a proponent of a playoff for Div 1 for a long time.

CupidStunt

Pretty foolish to try and declare a top-three in the Big XII.

Oklahoma won it and beat MU twice but has three losses.

MU beat KU and won its bowl game.

KU didn't beat anyone or do anything in the regular season, but beat a decent team in a BCS bowl.

Even the Horns are in the discussion. They would've at least split with MU/KU, and won its bowl game big.

ROYC75
01-04-2008, 11:11 AM
I obviously was not being serious there, but no, after seeing VT play last night, I don't think they were as good as they were cracked up to be. Mizzou would have beaten them too - probably worse, given that our offense could have done more to move the ball and score points.

That's not to take anything away from KU, just the way I see it.

I agree ....... MU would have won as well, providing they didn't have an off day .

HonestChieffan
01-04-2008, 11:11 AM
psssst ohhh pete...

id leave that ranking can of worms closed...when the finals come out...KU did beat the Conference champs of the conference the Mizzou opponant was not in to top three.....emotion aside, its likely that KU will rank out above MU when its all done...

petegz28
01-04-2008, 11:12 AM
It does makes MU's win more quality........ BUT OU's 2 losses hurts as well with it's poor showing in the Fiesta Bowl. This will hurt you some as well......

Now that should of hurt but the BCS guys chose to "lookt he otehr way" was that KU did not earn the right to get beat by OU.

I think we can all agree that had this been a NFL type thing MU won their divsion and would of had the alleged "better bowl" game.

MU's 2nd loss was more or a "playoff" loss than a reg season.

And you know this.....MAN!

petegz28
01-04-2008, 11:12 AM
psssst ohhh pete...

id leave that ranking can of worms closed...when the finals come out...KU did beat the Conference champs of the conference the Mizzou opponant was not in to top three.....emotion aside, its likely that KU will rank out above MU when its all done...

So now all the sudden you KU beakers are going to jump on the ranking bandwagon??

LOL you guys are worse than John Kerry!

ROYC75
01-04-2008, 11:13 AM
106th. He was close....

There are multiple systems that determine a SOS ........

Lzen
01-04-2008, 11:13 AM

One game does not a season make. ;)

petegz28
01-04-2008, 11:15 AM
There are multiple systems that determine a SOS ........

I have yet to hear from you what you think it was?

siberian khatru
01-04-2008, 11:15 AM

If it hurts us, it should hurt you too -- if we're not "that good," then you lost to a team that lost twice to a team that lost to 3 inferior teams, etc., etc. See how it goes?

It's ridiculous.

ROYC75
01-04-2008, 11:18 AM
Look folks, bottom line is we lost to MU, we have to live with the Tiggers glory game for a whole year or even longer.

MU was the better team that night, even thou they lost 2 times to OU, they beat us. How much better are they.... I can't answer and neither can anybody else, I said anybody else. We only play one time, it's not like it is a series, it's one game. You don't get to redeem yourself very many times in college football when you lose once to a team. Sometimes when you do, you find out that the other team is just that much better. Sometimes not.........

Right MU ?

Lzen
01-04-2008, 11:19 AM

Yes, it is stupid logic. Their ammo was that we didn't play anybody until MU and then (almost) got blown out when we finally played a good team. As if winning at CU, aTm, and KSU was easy. :rolleyes: Now that ammo doesn't mean a whole lot since KU beat the ACC champion.

bobbything
It's about 6 weeks later and you're still wrong. But, you're gonna stick with this until you find someone that believes you, right?

I wonder what their strength of schedule is after last night? :hmmm:

petegz28
Look folks, bottom line is we lost to MU, we have to live with the Tiggers glory game for a whole year or even longer.

MU was the better team that night, even thou they lost 2 times to OU, they beat us. How much better are they.... I can't answer and neither can anybody else, I said anybody else. We only play one time, it's not like it is a series, it's one game. You don't get to redeem yourself very many times in college football when you lose once to a team. Sometimes when you do, you find out that the other team is just that much better. Sometimes not.........

Right MU ?

Well partialy. You left our the fact that KU never played\earned the right to play OU. Regardless of MU's outcome vs. OU this is a huge fact that was glossed over by no one but KU fans and the BCS Selection guys.

Everyone else in the country saw this.

HonestChieffan
01-04-2008, 11:20 AM
So now all the sudden you KU beakers are going to jump on the ranking bandwagon??

LOL you guys are worse than John Kerry!

I must have missunderstood. I though you posted a reference to MU and KU and rankings.

This was the post you made that confused me."Let's not forget it was not ranking but record that got KU to the O-Bowl. Nevermind they were not good enough to play 14 games."

ROYC75
If it hurts us, it should hurt you too -- if we're not "that good," then you lost to a team that lost twice to a team that lost to 3 inferior teams, etc., etc. See how it goes?

It's ridiculous.

It is, there are so many spin cycles it's hilarious......... Here's one, maybe it was an off day for KU, ya know one of those " On Any Given Day " type thingy ......:D

It's been a wild year to say the least. Maybe next year will be more civil ? Maybe ? :hmmm:

petegz28
It's about 6 weeks later and you're still wrong. But, you're gonna stick with this until you find someone that believes you, right?

MU would still be a tougher one. Sorry you can't pretend you didn't have the schedule you did.

gblowfish
God, the NCAA needs a playoff...BAD.

ROYC75
01-04-2008, 11:22 AM
I have yet to hear from you what you think it was?
There are many of them....... start looking . Here's one.......

http://realtimerpi.com/football/

petegz28
01-04-2008, 11:24 AM

And MU still ended up witht he stronger schedule.

So whoever was talking about "wait until the new rankings come out" can suck on it!!!

bobbything
01-04-2008, 11:24 AM
MU would still be a tougher one. Sorry you can't pretend you didn't have the schedule you did.
Listen, nobody is arguing that KU didn't have a soft schedule. They did. It wasn't a difficult schedule. No matter how you want to spin it though, the victory last night was a bigger victory than any win that MU had all season.

petegz28
01-04-2008, 11:25 AM

Um how about MU 4 KU 6?

In the real world 4th hardest is harder than 6th contrary to O-Bowl mathmatics.

ROYC75
01-04-2008, 11:26 AM
And MU still ended up witht he stronger schedule.

So whoever was talking about "wait until the new rankings come out" can suck on it!!!

So where is this 106th at ? What week was it ......... holding on to the past is stupid folks.

sedated
As a somewhat classy fan (sometimes), I can freely admit that KU and MU proved themselves to be 2 of the best teams in the country.

If they played again, who knows who would win. But I'd give my left nut to see it.

petegz28
Listen, nobody is arguing that KU didn't have a soft schedule. They did. It wasn't a difficult schedule. No matter how you want to spin it though, the victory last night was a bigger victory than any win that MU had all season.

Um how you come to that conclusin I have no idea?

MU won the Big 12 North. KU didn't.

I would say that was the biggest win of the season for MU.

I would say you are the one spinning now that all the sudden rankings seem to matter.

BTW who was ranked higer MU or KU?

ROYC75
01-04-2008, 11:27 AM
Um how about MU 4 KU 6?

In the real world 4th hardest is harder than 6th contrary to O-Bowl mathmatics.

Hey Pete, a box of Cheerios, 40 more points against OU and you would be in Nawlins Monday night too ..........

siberian khatru

BYU 5th, after they blocked a last-second FG to beat UCLA 17-16 in their bowl?

Now THAT'S something for KU fans to really bitch about.

sedated

who had 2 losses, and who only had 1?

petegz28
01-04-2008, 11:28 AM
So where is this 106th at ? What week was it ......... holding on to the past is stupid folks.

Take it up with the people who made the thing.

ROYC75
As a somewhat classy fan (sometimes), I can freely admit that KU and MU proved themselves to be 2 of the best teams in the country.

If they played again, who knows who would win. But I'd give my left nut to see it.

Bingo ......... we have a winner .

mikeyis4dcats.

KU won the Orange Bowl last night. It's in the past, move on already!

:)

petegz28
01-04-2008, 11:29 AM
who had 2 losses, and who only had 1?

Um who earned the right to play 14 games and who didn't?

See you KU peeps can't get it through your head. You did not EARN the right to play 14 games let alone lose a 2nd.

ROFL

Sorry if the reality hurts you there.

ROYC75
01-04-2008, 11:30 AM
BYU 5th, after they blocked a last-second FG to beat UCLA 17-16 in their bowl?

Now THAT'S something for KU fans to really bitch about.

Yep ....... it's all for the fans to get pissy with. The polls, BCS, the SOS's, all of it is BS, there really needs to be a playoff .

petegz28
01-04-2008, 11:31 AM
Yep ....... it's all for the fans to get pissy with. The polls, BCS, the SOS's, all of it is BS, there really needs to be a playoff .

Well in the Big 12 there was an KU never made it. Granted MU lost it....but KU never made it.

bobbything
01-04-2008, 11:34 AM
Um how you come to that conclusin I have no idea?

MU won the Big 12 North. KU didn't.

I would say that was the biggest win of the season for MU.

I would say you are the one spinning now that all the sudden rankings seem to matter.

I don't give a shit about MU. You were the one that brought up that KU had a 109th SOS. I called you out because you're wrong. You were flat out wrong. Instead, you decided to bring up "it was still weaker than MU's." Well, so what? That's not the point. Regardless, I felt the need to let you know that the victory last night by KU was bigger than any victory you had all season. Which it true. Unless you're counting MU's victory over KU; which would contradict everything you've been trying to say.

Your posts further perpetuate the theory that MU has the largest inferiority complex in the nation. Everything KU does seems to directly affect the joy you derive out of your own team's season. Basically, KU losses validate your season, while the victories somehow negate anything you've accomplished.

In other words, KU defines MU. And your posts lend credence to that.

It's really kind of sad.

siberian khatru
01-04-2008, 11:34 AM

Here's another totally twisted problem:

I certainly want MU ranked higher than KU because of the head-to-head.

But using that standard, how can you drop OU behind MU after they beat the Tigers TWICE?

Yet, how can you keep the Sooners ranked in the top 5 -- they're a 3-loss team, all to (supposedly) inferior opponents, and they just got waxed in their bowl game?

So do you drop MU way down, just to keep them behind the Sooners, even though MU didn't lose to anybody they were favored over, lost to just one team this year (albeit TWICE in convincing fashion) AND won their bowl game convincingly?

On and on and on it goes. It's madness.

Playoff, please.

petegz28
01-04-2008, 11:37 AM
I don't give a shit about MU. You were the one that brought up that KU had a 109th SOS. I called you out because you're wrong. You were flat out wrong. Instead, you decided to bring up "it was still weaker than MU's." Well, so what? That's not the point. Regardless, I felt the need to let you know that the victory last night by KU was bigger than any victory you had all season. Which it true. Unless you're counting MU's victory over KU; which would contradict everything you've been trying to say.

Your posts further perpetuate the theory that MU has the largest inferiority complex in the nation. Everything KU does seems to directly affect the joy you derive out of your own team's season. Basically, KU losses validate your season, while the victories somehow negate anything you've accomplished.

It's really kind of sad.

Yes I was wrong they were 106th. Sorry.

teedubya
01-04-2008, 11:39 AM
Look you KU guys know that if that had been Daniel on the field last night and not the scrubs at VT KU would have been rolled.

The only thing that saved KU last night was an ignorant coach that went away from the power run that KU could not stop.

You are a shitty shitty poor sport.

Even your "props" thread was full of shittiness.

Lzen
01-04-2008, 11:41 AM
Congrats to Sean Glennon and the rest of the KU team!

Well, they do like the other QB to play a lot, too. However, I think KU shook him up early when they knocked his **** in the dirt a couple times early. ;) Beamer had no choice but to stick with Glennon. KU was extremely well prepared for both QBs, but especially Taylor.

petegz28
01-04-2008, 11:42 AM
You are a shitty shitty poor sport.

Even your "props" thread was full of shittiness.

Oh my feelings are hurt no....NOT

ROYC75
01-04-2008, 11:43 AM

Spin City at it's finest hour ....... Hey Pete, try looking at what week in the season that was.

FTR, I bet MU had a lousy SOS after the 1st 2 weeks too ........

teedubya
01-04-2008, 11:46 AM
Oh my feelings are hurt no....NOT

I don't care if your feelings are hurt are not. You are a douche nozzle.

and a crybaby.

bobbything
01-04-2008, 11:46 AM
I suppose it all depends on who you ask. CBSsportsline has it ranked as #77. USAToday/Sagarin has it at 88. And that was pre-Virgina Tech.

Nobody is saying that it was a brutal schedule. Nobody is comparing the schedule to MU's. So, you can get off that wagon at any time.

If you want to have sour grapes over MU getting snubbed for a BCS game, look at Hawai'i's schedule. Dead last in about every poll.

Reerun_KC
01-04-2008, 11:47 AM

It's really kind of sad.

QFT

Why are MU fans so obsessed with KU?

Lzen
01-04-2008, 11:49 AM

Hey, not all of us get creampuffs in our bowl games. :D

Lzen
01-04-2008, 11:52 AM

Nope, not correct. That figure was wrong. And now it's even more incorrect.

WilliamTheIrish
01-04-2008, 11:54 AM
I don't give a shit about MU.

LMAO

petegz28
01-04-2008, 11:57 AM
I don't care if your feelings are hurt are not. You are a douche nozzle.

and a crybaby.

ROFL

Gee there is some original thought in that post.....

You all are a bunch of pussy's that need to get outside more.

teedubya
01-04-2008, 12:00 PM
ROFL

Gee there is some original thought in that post.....

You all are a bunch of pussy's that need to get outside more.

says the poster with more pussy crybaby posts than all other MU fans combined.

petegz28
01-04-2008, 12:02 PM

And yet you can't bring yurself to put me on ignore...

ROFL

get a life

Lzen
01-04-2008, 12:02 PM
Now that should of hurt but the BCS guys chose to "lookt he otehr way" was that KU did not earn the right to get beat by OU.

The only people that think the OB "looked the other way" are bitter MU fans. As I recall, the OB people insinuated that because MU got blown out in their last game, they decided to go with another team. Had MU kept the game against OU close but still lost, the OB probably would have taken them.

petegz28
01-04-2008, 12:04 PM
The only people that think the OB "looked the other way" are bitter MU fans. As I recall, the OB people insinuated that because MU got blown out in their last game, they decided to go with another team. Had MU kept the game against OU close but still lost, the OB probably would have taken them.

The ONLY people? I guess EVERY sports talk show from ESPN on down questioning WTF was up with that for almost 2 weeks don't count heh?

Had KU earned the right to even play OU....nevermind

teedubya
01-04-2008, 12:08 PM
And yet you can't bring yurself to put me on ignore...

ROFL

get a life

why would i put you on ignore, pathetic people make me laugh.

teedubya
01-04-2008, 12:10 PM

no kidding, MU got BLOWN out, by OU. KU lost to MU by 8. One loss. 8 points.

MU lost by 10 to OU and 21 to OU.

Lzen
01-04-2008, 12:11 PM
KU won the Orange Bowl last night. It's in the past, move on already!

:)

How did KSU do in their bowl? :D

kstater
nice sig

Sure-Oz
no kidding, MU got BLOWN out, by OU. KU lost to MU by 8. One loss. 8 points.

MU lost by 10 to OU and 21 to OU.
When did KU play OU again?

8 points and never lost the lead the whole game.

kstater
01-04-2008, 12:12 PM
How did KSU do in their bowl? :D

They chose to play a couple bigger schools in their non conference and didn't qualify for a bowl.

:p

Lzen
01-04-2008, 12:20 PM

I don't know. I would say frazod is pretty close. :D

kepp
01-04-2008, 12:22 PM

It's really kind of sad.

I feel like I'm watching Brady Bunch reruns with Peter & Bobby fighting so much.

Lzen
01-04-2008, 12:22 PM
The ONLY people? I guess EVERY sports talk show from ESPN on down questioning WTF was up with that for almost 2 weeks don't count heh?

Had KU earned the right to even play OU....nevermind

Well, I guess I assumed that by your "looked the other way" comment, you were still holding on to that conspiracy theory BS. Was I wrong in that assumption?

mikeyis4dcats.
01-04-2008, 12:24 PM
Spin City at it's finest hour ....... Hey Pete, try looking at what week in the season that was.

FTR, I bet MU had a lousy SOS after the 1st 2 weeks too ........

the 106th ranking was as of Dec. 10. In the same poll Mizzou was #38, and KSU was #34.

Based on those rankings, the same site projected KU to win by 5.6pts.

siberian khatru
01-04-2008, 12:26 PM
I feel like I'm watching Brady Bunch reruns with Peter & Bobby fighting so much.

Mom always said don't play ball in the house.

Lzen
01-04-2008, 12:27 PM

More like the Hatfields and McCoys.

petegz28
01-04-2008, 12:29 PM
Well, I guess I assumed that by your "looked the other way" comment, you were still holding on to that conspiracy theory BS. Was I wrong in that assumption?

Uh no and I don't believe it is a theory I believe it is fact.

Nothing made sense of the whole thing. Rankings were used on one hand, ignored on the other. Record was used on one hand ignored on the other.

The fact is MU ws ranked higher than 2 teams and beat the same 2 teams that got picked ahead of them.

Something stinks and most know it but it is too late now.

kstater
01-04-2008, 12:29 PM

he's a little busy getting smacked around in 2 other threads. 3 might be too many for him.

petegz28
01-04-2008, 12:33 PM
he's a little busy getting smacked around in 2 other threads. 3 might be too many for him.

Uh too bad you posted this AFTER I answered the question you dumb ****.

kstater
01-04-2008, 12:43 PM
Uh too bad you posted this AFTER I answered the question you dumb ****.

So you are able to get smacked around in 3 separate threads. That gives me so much more respect for you.

petegz28
01-04-2008, 12:47 PM
So you are able to get smacked around in 3 separate threads. That gives me so much more respect for you.

Look here KK jr......I know you are mad that MU beat K-State and KU and Arkansas for that matter.

Your boyfriend Stoops beat MU twice so you got the whoopy prize. Be happy.

Frazod
01-04-2008, 12:51 PM
I don't know. I would say frazod is pretty close. :D

You and your cute little smiley face can both go f#ck yourselves. Regardless of how much you pound your meager chest, it won't change the facts that we all know.

Remember the old expression "Nothing ventured, nothing gained"? I guess that should now be amended to read "Nothing ventured, nothing gained, unless you're from Kansas." Rarely has a team that ventured so little been handed so much. You played a non-conference schedule of complete weaklings, dodged every good team in the conference during the regular season EXCEPT THE ONE THAT BEAT YOU, and then hid under a rock during the championship weekend and backed into a BCS game because you didn't have to play. Yeah, you won your bowl game. Big f#cking deal. You never should have been there. That hasn't, and won't, ever change.

I can't wait until next year when you have to play Texas, Texas Tech and Oklahoma. All the talking heads will wonder "What happened to Kansas? They were so good last year." I won't be one of those wondering. I'll know.

Lzen
01-04-2008, 12:57 PM
Tim, are you really so delusional to think that KU has not been building a respectable football program. You guys always talk about KU and arrogance. Some of you MU fans are just as bad as the arrogant KU fans that you deride. So all of a sudden MU is some football powerhouse and KU is nothing? ROFL Give it up. You didn't think KU would win this game. You thought/hoped that KU were frauds. You thought/hoped VT would destroy KU. Then you would have been able to pound your chest. Too bad for you that your thoughts/hopes/opinions didn't mean jack. KU will be good again next year as long as Reesing can stay healthy. Hell, even if he misses some time, Meier isn't too bad.

Sure-Oz
01-04-2008, 01:01 PM
Tim, are you really so delusional to think that KU has not been building a respectable football program. You guys always talk about KU and arrogance. Some of you MU fans are just as bad as the arrogant KU fans that you deride. So all of a sudden MU is some football powerhouse and KU is nothing? ROFL Give it up. You didn't think KU would win this game. You thought/hoped that KU were frauds. You thought/hoped VT would destroy KU. Then you would have been able to pound your chest. Too bad for you that your thoughts/hopes/opinions didn't mean jack. KU will be good again next year as long as Reesing can stay healthy. Hell, even if he misses some time, Meier isn't too bad.
MU isnt a powerhouse just like KU isnt either, i think their future is brighter based on the recruits we have and who is returning. MU atleast has been in some bowl games recently. To be considered a powerhouse both teams needs to be up in major bowls consistently. KU's real test is next year as well as MU to continue what they are doing. Congrats to KU, good coaching job, but it will be much harder next year. I have more faith in MU's program to continue its success next year than KU maintaining what it did this year. Doesn't mean i don;t think they will be a solid team.

bobbything
01-04-2008, 01:02 PM
You and your cute little smiley face can both go f#ck yourselves. Regardless of how much you pound your meager chest, it won't change the facts that we all know.

Remember the old expression "Nothing ventured, nothing gained"? I guess that should now be amended to read "Nothing ventured, nothing gained, unless you're from Kansas." Rarely has a team that ventured so little been handed so much. You played a non-conference schedule of complete weaklings, dodged every good team in the conference during the regular season EXCEPT THE ONE THAT BEAT YOU, and then hid under a rock during the championship weekend and backed into a BCS game because you didn't have to play. Yeah, you won your bowl game. Big f#cking deal. You never should have been there. That hasn't, and won't, ever change.

I can't wait until next year when you have to play Texas, Texas Tech and Oklahoma. All the talking heads will wonder "What happened to Kansas? They were so good last year." I won't be one of those wondering. I'll know.
Your anger is misdirected. I don't think anyone will argue that the system is flawed.

Lzen
01-04-2008, 01:04 PM
MU isnt a powerhouse just like KU isnt either, i think their future is brighter based on the recruits we have and who is returning. MU atleast has been in some bowl games recently. To be considered a powerhouse both teams needs to be up in major bowls consistently. KU's real test is next year as well as MU to continue what they are doing. Congrats to KU, good coaching job, but it will be much harder next year. I have more faith in MU's program to continue its success next year than KU maintaining what it did this year. Doesn't mean i don;t think they will be a solid team.

I don't expect KU to only lose 1 game against next year. Hell, they could lose 3 and still be a better team. I don't know what their record will be but I'll bet they are in another bowl. BTW, they have been in bowl games 3 of the past 5 years so your comment about MU at least being in bowls doesn't mean much. Mangino had a much tougher rebuild job.

Frazod
01-04-2008, 01:04 PM

I POUNDED MY CHEST ON NOVEMBER 24, YOU IDIOT. What Kansas did against Virgina Tech had nothing to do Missouri. All the crap you posted above, as usual, skirts everything I said about KU's magnificent dodgeball season.

Frazod
01-04-2008, 01:05 PM

I never said Missouri was a powerhouse. That was all part of Lzen's misdirection campaign.

Sure-Oz
01-04-2008, 01:07 PM
I never said Missouri was a powerhouse. That was all part of Lzen's misdirection campaign.
I wasn't referring to you, i was just talking to Lzen and bringing up a point, so he wouldnt think i was being mighty cause i was an MU fan. Even though we did beat KU and had control all game long and most KU fans just love that we got shafted, i think thats what pisses me off most is ignoring the facts. It's ok we'll just handle our business next year.

ROYC75
01-04-2008, 01:08 PM

I agree completely, KU will still be good next year.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Tim, as for the schedule, It was made out years ago while KU was still trying to build their program. Nothing can change that, nobody knew 2,3,4 years ago it would come down to KU winning all of those games and a BCS game too ? The confrence schedule was set in stone, you know damn good and well we couldn't change that if we wanted too.

Sit back, next year you will have it, if the boobirds come calling about MU dodging all the good confrence teams.......take it with a grain of salt man.

So what you beat us on that given night, yes that night you were better. We all know that in sports, many teams usually win the rematch if they meet again, unless it's MU vs OU. One of the 2 , LSU or OSU is going to be National Champs, but somewhere there is another team that will say, Hey, we beat that team, we are better.

Only on that one day my friend ...... only on that one day.

Pablo
01-04-2008, 01:28 PM
I pound my e-chest on the internet.

It's too bad nobody can see it.

duncan_idaho
01-04-2008, 01:47 PM
There were two things I really enjoyed last night.

The first is that I was correct about the kU offense and its matchup against Va. Tech's defense. When asked leading up to the game, I'd said I thought kU would have a tough time consistently moving the football against, and the jayhawks did.

Luckily for kansas, Virginia Tech made enough mistakes - and kU's D was in good enough position to capitalize. Without the INTs (which are part of the game, not trying to take them away), my feeling that Va. Tech would win around 20-10 would have been about right. (OK, shameless "I'm so smart" statement over now).

The second was watching Merry the Hobbit pick turf out of his helmet again. I've never seen a player get that much turf caught in his facemask that consistently.

Congratulations to kU. If Talib and Collins return, the Hawks should be about the same team next year. If either or both leaves, it will be interesting to see if kansas has the depth to replace them.

Finally, on a side note: If there were worse quarterbacks playing in bowl games than the two kansas and Missouri faced, Sean Glennon and Casey Dick, I'd like to know who they are.

Reerun_KC
01-04-2008, 01:51 PM
The second was watching Merry the Hobbit pick turf out of his helmet again. I've never seen a player get that much turf caught in his facemask that consistently.

Pick and chow down on nose candy? Or pick dirt out of the face mask?

Geesh such a tough choice?

I will take the turf in the mask over supper from the nose...

bobbything
01-04-2008, 01:56 PM
Finally, on a side note: If there were worse quarterbacks playing in bowl games than the two kansas and Missouri faced, Sean Glennon and Casey Dick, I'd like to know who they are.
Outside of the Outback Bowl, there was some abysmal QB play in the bowls this year.

Pablo
01-04-2008, 01:56 PM
There aren't. I believe Glennon is the better QB of the two, but that's not saying much. Casey Dick just may be the worst big division QB I've seen in a long time, absolutely horrible. The whole time I watched the Cotton Bowl, I understood why McFadden was so important to AK. Their passing game was non-existant, just terrible. But MU's run defense was pretty damn good anyhow.

I predicted KU winning it 31-21, but I didn't anticipate 3 INT's. They would have it they wouldn't have kneeled on the 1/2 yard line with one minute left. I figured VT would be doing the intercepting, and I anticipated they'd make some huge plays on special teams, which they did, but KU came to play, and our DB's picked apart that weak QB tandem.

Pablo
01-04-2008, 02:00 PM
I love it when Reesing is called a midget, or hobbit..like Chase Daniel is some 6'4" super-stud.

Reesing may be short, but at least he's not a fat-ass. We leave that up to our HC.

FTR..per nfldraftscout.com

Todd Reesing - 5'10'' 205 lbs.

Chase Daniel - 5'11" 225 lbs.

So you got the pudgy QB, an inch taller.

duncan_idaho
01-04-2008, 02:09 PM
There aren't. I believe Glennon is the better QB of the two, but that's not saying much. Casey Dick just may be the worst big division QB I've seen in a long time, absolutely horrible. The whole time I watched the Cotton Bowl, I understood why McFadden was so important to AK. Their passing game was non-existant, just terrible. But MU's run defense was pretty damn good anyhow.

I predicted KU winning it 31-21, but I didn't anticipate 3 INT's. They would have it they wouldn't have kneeled on the 1/2 yard line with one minute left. I figured VT would be doing the intercepting, and I anticipated they'd make some huge plays on special teams, which they did, but KU came to play, and our DB's picked apart that weak QB tandem.

Dick is simply horrible. Houston Nutt deserved to be fired simply for benching Mustain for that p.o.s. last season.

kU definitely benefited from Glennon's ineptitude (Even on the TD pass that cut the lead to three, he was throwing into quadruple coverage), but I'm not trying to take credit away from kU. The jayhawks cashed in on those turnovers.

As for boogers vs. turf eating... well, I don't think a QB has ever been knocked woozy from picking his nose. The booger thing is played out (and doesn't seem to be hampering Daniel with the ladies, based on what I've seen in Columbia), but I can't blame kU fans for sticking to it. After all, Daniel "owns" Mark Mangino. What else can they say about Chase?

Pablo
01-04-2008, 02:13 PM
As for boogers vs. turf eating... well, I don't think a QB has ever been knocked woozy from picking his nose. The booger thing is played out (and doesn't seem to be hampering Daniel with the ladies, based on what I've seen in Columbia), but I can't blame kU fans for sticking to it. After all, Daniel "owns" Mark Mangino. What else can they say about Chase?
I'm sure Casey Dick and Sean Glennon both get a ton of poon on campus, Todd Reesing, Sam Keller, hell any QB at a major school is sure to cash in on that extra perk.

But they probably don't all enjoy nose-gold for dessert.

duncan_idaho
01-04-2008, 02:19 PM
I love it when Reesing is called a midget, or hobbit..like Chase Daniel is some 6'4" super-stud.

Reesing may be short, but at least he's not a fat-ass. We leave that up to our HC.

FTR..per nfldraftscout.com

Todd Reesing - 5'10'' 205 lbs.

Chase Daniel - 5'11" 225 lbs.

So you got the pudgy QB, an inch taller.

Todd Reesing is not 5-10. Try 5-7 (from a secondhand account, granted, but an in-person one) and you'll be closer. Daniel is a legit 5-11/6-0, as I'm 6-1 and there was barely a difference between us when I was standing next to him.

Not that it matters. They're both good QBs.

Pablo
01-04-2008, 02:22 PM
Todd Reesing is not 5-10. Try 5-7 (from a secondhand account, granted, but an in-person one) and you'll be closer. Daniel is a legit 5-11/6-0, as I'm 6-1 and there was barely a difference between us when I was standing next to him.

Not that it matters. They're both good QBs.They're both tall enough to be successful college QB's. I suppose that's all that matters.

The next level, not so much.

Sure-Oz
01-04-2008, 02:25 PM
What is the deal with Frank Beamers neck, did he get burned, i never recall seeing his face upclose like i did last night

Pablo
01-04-2008, 02:27 PM
What is the deal with Frank Beamers neck, did he get burned, i never recall seeing his face upclose like i did last nightI did a quick google search entitled "Frank Beamer's face", and I got a response that said something about a kerosene heater blowing up when he was a little boy, and he had to have a skin graft.

Sure-Oz
01-04-2008, 02:41 PM
I did a quick google search entitled "Frank Beamer's face", and I got a response that said something about a kerosene heater blowing up when he was a little boy, and he had to have a skin graft.
OUCH :shake:

djwells
01-04-2008, 02:48 PM
If frogs had wings they wouldn't bump their butts every time they jumped.

I said that to say this . . . I agree about the " on any given day " theme.

MU lost the first OU match up because of a late turnover (or so MU fans would spout). Now let's look at the MU - KU matchup . . . MU up 7 - 0 and KU gets picked off at the goal line on a slightly under thrown pass that would have probably been a game tie-ing reception if it were leading the receiver more (great play by the MU db that picked it off). Then with the score still 7 - 0 KU pushes a FG wide right. Following a TD by MU with the score 14 - 0 KU hooks a FG wide left. 13 points left on the field in the first half. Final score 36 - 28.

I will not take anything away from MU for their play that evening. They deserved to win, they didn't leave points on the field and KU did.

Now MU fan . . . if MU wouldn't have made the mistakes against OU in the first meeting then you say they would've won, well perhaps if KU had not made the mistakes on that evening it would have been 41 - 38 KU. IFs however do not matter in sports, you have to perform when given the opportunity.

Great season MU fan and great season KU fan. Let's all move on now.

Lzen
01-04-2008, 03:21 PM

Not that it matters. They're both good QBs.

Ummm......did this first hand accountee pull out a tape measure? I have heard multiple times that Reesing is actually about 5'9".

DJJasonp
01-04-2008, 03:23 PM
If frogs had wings they wouldn't bump their butts every time they jumped.

I said that to say this . . . I agree about the " on any given day " theme.

MU lost the first OU match up because of a late turnover (or so MU fans would spout). Now let's look at the MU - KU matchup . . . MU up 7 - 0 and KU gets picked off at the goal line on a slightly under thrown pass that would have probably been a game tie-ing reception if it were leading the receiver more (great play by the MU db that picked it off). Then with the score still 7 - 0 KU pushes a FG wide right. Following a TD by MU with the score 14 - 0 KU hooks a FG wide left. 13 points left on the field in the first half. Final score 36 - 28.

I will not take anything away from MU for their play that evening. They deserved to win, they didn't leave points on the field and KU did.

Now MU fan . . . if MU wouldn't have made the mistakes against OU in the first meeting then you say they would've won, well perhaps if KU had not made the mistakes on that evening it would have been 41 - 38 KU. IFs however do not matter in sports, you have to perform when given the opportunity.

Great season MU fan and great season KU fan. Let's all move on now.

Nice take, but I have a feeling this season's discussions/arguments will linger for quite some time....

Pablo
01-04-2008, 03:35 PM
Ummm......did this first hand accountee pull out a tape measure? I have heard multiple times that Reesing is actually about 5'9".I've heard personal accounts that say Daniel is close to 5'9" as well. But it really doesn't matter, our personal accounts weren't measured, so I went with an unbiased outside source to establish their heights. They're both short. That's for sure.

Spott
01-04-2008, 04:04 PM

Actually, we left about 14 points on the board in the first half. Maclin could have scored on a kick return and a punt return when he slipped and fell on one return and cut back the wrong direction on another big return. MU also was in FG range in the first half and opted to try a fake FG on 4th and long instead of kicking the FG and they didn't get it.