PDA

View Full Version : New Elaine Weir...she believes!

shaneo69
01-04-2008, 12:48 PM
WEIR: Believe It Or Not
Jan 04, 2008, 10:09:19 AM by Eileen Weir

Seeing is believing and count me a believer. Kansas City Chiefs head coach Herm Edwards and General Manger Carl Peterson conducted their joint year-end press conference on Thursday and achieved the impossible. They gave hope and optimism to fans who will take nothing but misery and disappointment away from the 2007 season.

Stating he is invigorated by the challenge that 2008 presents in filling Arrowhead amidst stadium renovations and reviving Kansas City’s hometown team to a competitive level, Peterson effectively shored up the spirits of a sagging city-wide morale. Observing that the nature of the National Football League is to elevate poor teams and encumber elite teams, the GM summed up the Big Time by testifying that those who don’t enjoy the challenge shouldn’t be in the league. That truth extends from owners to ticket holders, and Peterson reaffirmed his confidence in Chiefs fans that they would weather the storms and remain loyal to their team through the current difficulties.

Those looking for radical change in the Chiefs philosophy, processes and practices got a first taste on Thursday. Not prone towards the theatrical, typically guarded in how and when he disseminates information, Peterson showed a new card from his deck, though it took a keen eye to see the slight-of-hand. The inattentive could have easily missed the startling statements made by the Chiefs management, lulled by the top executive’s even tone and consummate composure.

But here is the big news.

First and foremost Peterson acknowledged his error in allowing the offensive line to age beyond its ability to protect the quarterback and run block. Chiefs fans and media who have been waiting for an admission of fallibility from the top decision-maker since his insertion into the system nineteen years ago finally got the glimpse of humanity they have so long craved. Calling to mind 1995-1997 when the team tried every which way to obscure the fact that their number one pick, Trezelle Jenkins, was a flat-out bust, public professions of mistakes have not been the team’s hallmark. Throughout that two-year time period the unspoken desire of all Chiefs supporters was for the management to simply say, “We blew it.” Forgiveness would have been generously forthcoming.

Evidently Peterson has learned that confession is good for the soul. Thursday’s appearance showed him as more plainspoken than is his normal tack. Fortifying his refreshing approach, Peterson unflinchingly unveiled the team’s commitment to building through the draft, clearly in deference to Coach Edwards’ belief system, and explained the team’s historical dependency on free agency as a reflection of the head coaching philosophies of Dick Vermeil and Gunther Cunningham. With two years under the belt of Coach Edwards, the entire Chiefs personnel staff has acquiesced to build the team in his image.

Of the two, Coach Edwards, carrying a greater reputation for straight talk into the room, came off cagier. Eyes focused downward for most of the media session, the coach instantly enlivened when talk turned towards toughness and the draft, favorite themes of the head man. Unwavering from his mandate that toughness will be a trademark of any team under his direction, Coach Edwards struggled to conceal a wry smile while attempting to describe the elusive characteristic and how it is achieved. Never straying far from his player and scouting roots, the coach slipped in a sly statement about “looking now to the draft and how we do things,” which subtly indicated his dissatisfaction with the team’s past methods.

Demonstrating that he is still a man of discretion, Peterson almost imperceptibly laid a championship-ringed hand on Edwards arm as the coach began remarking on the collegiate quarterback class coming into the 2008 draft. Couching his comments with the caveat that he had not adequately evaluated the college QB’s, Edwards finds none of the top recruits electrifying. Whether Peterson’s understated attention-getter was intended to quell the coach’s commentary or alert Edwards to tread carefully when discussing draft picks prior to proper appraisal, the minor move served as a reminder that Peterson is still in command.

Not yet an open book, Peterson repeatedly referred to a plan, a plan that is currently in process, without ever stating it in any general or specific terms.

The early-January visit to Arrowhead did much to reinforce convictions that the Chiefs are in need of a major overhaul in every way, but offered indicators that positive change is imminent. With construction underway at the Truman Sports Complex, the exterior of Arrowhead resembles a war zone and the interior offices, meeting spaces, and team facilities are dated, threadbare and inadequate, not unlike the roster. Peterson promises to restore pride to the organization by 2009 with a New Arrowhead and a vastly different Chiefs team built on a new philosophy that begins now. I believe it.

http://www.kcchiefs.com/news/2008/01/04/weir_believe_it_or_not/

Brock
01-04-2008, 12:49 PM
LOL, what a pile of poop.

el borracho
01-04-2008, 12:57 PM
"Carl doesn't mean to hurt me- he really loves me and he always says he is sorry. I just make him so angry sometimes..." by Eileen Weir.

HonestChieffan
01-04-2008, 01:23 PM
Im beginning to see her point however. There is way more energy expended in hatered and discontent with the situation than there is with a "Hey, maybe it will be better" approach. And since Clark, Carl, Herm and the posse doesnt consult with us,it may be a happier place to be if we say "Lets go Carl!!"

Mind over matter.

FAX
01-04-2008, 01:24 PM
ROFL

"Demonstrating that he is still a man of discretion, Peterson almost imperceptibly laid a championship-ringed hand on Edwards arm as the coach began remarking on the collegiate quarterback class coming into the 2008 draft. Couching his comments with the caveat that he had not adequately evaluated the college QB’s, Edwards finds none of the top recruits electrifying. Whether Peterson’s understated attention-getter was intended to quell the coach’s commentary or alert Edwards to tread carefully when discussing draft picks prior to proper appraisal, the minor move served as a reminder that Peterson is still in command."

FAX

siberian khatru
01-04-2008, 01:25 PM
Well, we already knew what she was. Now we know what her price is.

el borracho
01-04-2008, 01:32 PM
Im beginning to see her point however. There is way more energy expended in hatered and discontent with the situation than there is with a "Hey, maybe it will be better" approach. And since Clark, Carl, Herm and the posse doesnt consult with us,it may be a happier place to be if we say "Lets go Carl!!"

Mind over matter.
Did you know that if you get a colostomy sack you no longer have to wipe your ass? Ah, the simple life...[sigh]

HonestChieffan
01-04-2008, 01:33 PM
Ok fine...dammmit carl.

StcChief
01-04-2008, 01:35 PM
Carl's Kool-aid is strong, drink slowly Eileen

EM31
01-04-2008, 01:36 PM
I just googled her, nothing came up. Is she hot?

Mr. Laz
01-04-2008, 01:50 PM
so how is this different from the rest of her articles?

HemiEd
01-04-2008, 02:02 PM
WEIR: Believe It Or Not
Jan 04, 2008, 10:09:19 AM by Eileen Weir

They gave hope and optimism to fans who will take nothing but misery and disappointment away from the 2007 season.

The fireing of Herm Edwards would give me hope. Retaining him gives me gas and indigestion.

HemiEd
01-04-2008, 02:03 PM

If nothing came up after you were googling her, you answered your own question.

FAX
01-04-2008, 02:04 PM

I've often wondered the same thing, Mr. EM31. I googled her name under images one time and got some weird stuff, but I don't think it was her.

Based on her writing style, I'd say it could go either way. If anyone has a picture of her, I'd like to see it.

FAX

KCFalcon59
01-04-2008, 02:05 PM
Sigh.

chagrin
01-04-2008, 02:09 PM
Is she stupid? She must be

StcChief
01-04-2008, 02:13 PM
she's hot like Rhonda Moss is.

FAX
01-04-2008, 02:16 PM
she's hot like Rhonda Moss is.

Have you seen a picture of her, Mr. StcChief?

FAX

Rooster
01-04-2008, 02:18 PM
Wow... I wonder if she believes that garbage. :shake:

StcChief
01-04-2008, 02:20 PM
Have you seen a picture of her, Mr. StcChief?

FAX
Rhonda Moss....

I forgot my /sarcasm :D

messin' with a n00b

googled her (Eileen Weir ) like anyone could do. Pic here
http://www.examiner.net/stories/030807/eil_030807001.shtml

how old?

HemiEd
01-04-2008, 02:22 PM
I've often wondered the same thing, Mr. EM31. I googled her name under images one time and got some weird stuff, but I don't think it was her.

Based on her writing style, I'd say it could go either way. If anyone has a picture of her, I'd like to see it.

FAX

From this article I would say she isn't getting paid a whole lot. Ironing?

Weir (http://www.kcchiefs.com/news/2005/09/05/eileen_weir_faq/)

Q: How did you come to work for the Chiefs and why did you leave?

WEIR: I was pursuing a Masters degree in Renaissance Literature at SUNY Albany (NY) and kept in touch with Bob Moore, the Chiefs director of public relations, who I had known when I worked for an aunt who owned and operated a bed and breakfast. I was miserable in graduate school and flat broke, but had some useful skills and Bob offered me a job as his assistant. Although I had never traveled further west than Buffalo, NY, other than one previous visit to Kansas City, I accepted the job.

I worked in PR from 1992 through the 1998 season, leaving the same week as Marty Schottenheimer.

My decision to leave was a difficult one. I had an exciting job that I loved, but in an industry with small staffs I felt I had reached my potential and it was time to move on. While sitting in a hotel room in Oklahoma City preparing for a pre-season game played against the Bucs in Norman, I realized that there had to be more to life.

Q: What’s your full-time job?

WEIR: Mainly I’m occupied with my twins, John and Nora, age 3 _. I own and operate an in-home ironing service and keep a steady clientele wrinkle-free. I also write a weekly society column called Town & Gown for The Examiner, a daily newspaper distributed mainly in Eastern Jackson County.

I also founded a local not-for-profit organization with three friends called Progress Independence, a citizen supported organization whose purpose is to encourage informed citizenship in the city of Independence through public education.

FringeNC
01-04-2008, 02:25 PM
Every team in the NFL wants to win. What about Carl Peterson and Herm Edwards suggests in the slightest that they have the ability to build a team capable of winning playoff games?

Brock
01-04-2008, 02:36 PM
Peterson almost imperceptibly laid a championship-ringed hand on Edwards arm

WTF, are they talking about some championship from arena league or something?

el borracho
01-04-2008, 02:41 PM
Long Beach Thumb Wrestling Champion- 1963

Peterson won using his patented "Rabbit Hole" technique.

FAX
01-04-2008, 02:44 PM
Long Beach Thumb Wrestling Champion- 1963

Peterson won using his patented "Rabbit Hole" technique.

ROFL

FAX

ChiefFan31
01-04-2008, 02:46 PM
What a transparent propaganda piece.

Looks like she is little more than a fluffer for Carl.

It really is pretty sad with her, dufus, and Gretz are writing the articles for kcchiefs.com. No wonder why that website consistently gets voted the worst in the NFL.

Logical
01-04-2008, 04:43 PM
Holy Lord Jesus Christ, she just achieved all new highs for insipid journalism.

Mr. Laz
01-04-2008, 04:47 PM
from philly ... i believe he was assistant toilet scrubber or something.

Brock
01-04-2008, 04:49 PM
from philly ... i believe he was assistant toilet scrubber or something.

Oh, that's right. He was probably wearing his loser's ring.

sedated
01-04-2008, 04:53 PM
its from the Chiefs website. did anyone expect anything other than propoganda?

Halfcan
01-04-2008, 06:17 PM
LOL, what a pile of poop.

Carl gives hope to millions every single day. :rolleyes:

shaneo69
01-04-2008, 10:53 PM

I'm guessing he either wears his Philadelphia Stars 1984 USFL cubic zirconia championship ring or his Eagles Super Bowl losers ring.

keg in kc
01-04-2008, 10:56 PM
Guess there had to be somebody.

mikey23545
01-04-2008, 11:05 PM
I'm guessing he either wears his Philadelphia Stars 1984 USFL cubic zirconia championship ring or his Eagles Super Bowl losers ring.

Unlike your Dumb **** Poster of the Year Ring from 2007....

shaneo69
01-04-2008, 11:12 PM
Unlike your Dumb **** Poster of the Year Ring from 2007....

Or your Carl Peterson Ass-Kisser of the Year rings from 2003, 2004, and 2006.

whoman69
01-05-2008, 08:35 AM
Sigh.
Wishful thinking. They are not going anywhere this year it seems.

Manila-Chief
01-05-2008, 02:49 PM
its from the Chiefs website. did anyone expect anything other than propoganda?

In terms of what it ought to be ... yeah, I expect better. But, as it is today ... post #26 is spot on. I expect a team's site to be positive but there ought to be a little realism and a lot of honesty .. which this site has little of.

I did get one news item out of the article... she said Herm's eyes were down cast. Now why was that ... is it because:
(1) he is embarrassed over his performance last season?;
(2) he knows Kingless is spouting non-sense but can't speak out?;
(3) realization has set in and he knows Carl still has control and his ideas are useless;
(4) he knows he is just a tool that Kingless is using to stay in power?

She did confirm one of my fears ... the fans will see the news conference as hope and will quit complaining/buy tickets/support the team and we will get the same results. I know most of us here would rather that hope come with a complete change in the FO and coaching staff. So, it looks me like we just have to sit out another couple of years. Maybe then Clark will finally wake up and make the needed changes.

It's odd that Kingless thinks that it is all about an "Arrowhead experience" and not the team winning a championship. I just hope he does not get another new contract.