PDA

View Full Version : US Army All-American Game

DaKCMan AP
01-05-2008, 12:07 PM
See some talent for next few years of college football and some declarations. On NBC.

DaKCMan AP
01-05-2008, 12:08 PM
RB Ryan Williams to Virginia Tech

Coach
01-05-2008, 12:08 PM
I wonder if that Arther Brown kid is playing in this game....

DaKCMan AP
01-05-2008, 12:10 PM
rosters: http://www.usarmyallamericanbowl.com/SelecTourTemp.html

DaKCMan AP
01-05-2008, 12:11 PM
I wonder if that Arther Brown kid is playing in this game....

Yes, he's on the East squad.

CoMoChief
01-05-2008, 12:11 PM
on now?

siberian khatru
01-05-2008, 12:12 PM
Future Tiger Blaine Gabbert:

http://www.usarmyallamericanbowl.com/view_selectiontour.php?selectiontourid=110

DaKCMan AP
01-05-2008, 12:14 PM
on now?

Yes, now. The Under Armour All-American Game is on at 2pm EST on ABC.

Sure-Oz
01-05-2008, 12:17 PM

I believe MU has a TE also in this game right?

DaKCMan AP
Terrelle Pryor is the shit.

Archie Bunker

and Future Tiger Andrew Jones:

http://www.usarmyallamericanbowl.com/view_selectiontour.php?selectiontourid=146

Coach
rosters: http://www.usarmyallamericanbowl.com/SelecTourTemp.html
Thank you. I see he is on the East Roster.

DaKCMan AP
01-05-2008, 12:25 PM
RB Covaughn Deboskie going to Cal

DaKCMan AP
01-05-2008, 12:27 PM
Terrelle Pryor takes it in for an East TD.

DaKCMan AP
01-05-2008, 12:30 PM
DB Brandon Smith going to Michigan

Mecca
01-05-2008, 12:31 PM
You could say this has been kind of a quiet year in SC recruiting...with only 14 commits, they're all top notch guys though.

DaKCMan AP
01-05-2008, 12:34 PM
You could say this has been kind of a quiet year in SC recruiting...with only 14 commits, they're all top notch guys though.

How many schollys do you have available - is it supposed to be a small class?

We only have 15 commits right now, but we have about 7 or 8 scholarships left.

chagrin
01-05-2008, 12:40 PM
Lots of Notre Dame declarations today

Mecca
01-05-2008, 12:43 PM
Lots of Notre Dame declarations today

Well it's Tom Lemming man......

There will be more guys playing in the Under Armour game which is on in about 15 minutes.

chagrin
01-05-2008, 12:44 PM
Well it's Tom Lemming man......

There will be more guys playing in the Under Armour game which is on in about 15 minutes.

what network?

DaKCMan AP
01-05-2008, 12:45 PM
what network?

ABC

Mecca
01-05-2008, 12:46 PM
How many schollys do you have available - is it supposed to be a small class?

We only have 15 commits right now, but we have about 7 or 8 scholarships left.

I don't "think" it's suppose to be small, I think it comes with offering tons of top guys and waiting for commits and all that.

KcMizzou
01-05-2008, 12:56 PM
The old "lonesome polecat" formation??

DaKCMan AP
01-05-2008, 01:01 PM
QB MarQueis Gray going to Minnesota

DaKCMan AP
01-05-2008, 01:02 PM
The Georgia kicker misses the FG ROFL

DaKCMan AP
01-05-2008, 01:09 PM
LB Shayne Hale going to Pitt

DaKCMan AP
01-05-2008, 01:19 PM
OL Matt Patchan who was invited but isn't playing in this game shunned Miami to commit to Florida today. :)

DaKCMan AP
01-05-2008, 01:30 PM
The Georgia kicker misses the XP LMAO

DaKCMan AP
01-05-2008, 01:43 PM
DB Gerell Robinson going to ASU

DaKCMan AP
01-05-2008, 01:53 PM
OL A.J. Harmon going to Georgia.. couldn't understand a damn thing coming out of his mouth.

Frazod
01-05-2008, 02:08 PM
Entertaining game. That was one hell of a pass on the last touchdown drive.

These guys sure don't look like high school players.

chagrin
01-05-2008, 02:09 PM
haha, that guy just dissed florida on the under armour game, lol!

DaKCMan AP
01-05-2008, 02:10 PM
haha, that guy just dissed florida on the under armour game, lol!

I wasn't watching, what happened?

Frazod
01-05-2008, 02:21 PM
Gabbert's playing now.

Frazod
01-05-2008, 02:24 PM
Gabbert's a mobile little bastard. Just avoided two tackles in his own endzone, then completed a pass to the far side of the field.

Nice. :thumb:

DaKCMan AP
01-05-2008, 02:26 PM
DT Solomon Koehler going to Arizona

doomy3
01-05-2008, 02:28 PM

Oh, just some big TE chose LSU over Florida and Alabama.

DaKCMan AP
01-05-2008, 02:30 PM
Oh, just some big TE chose LSU over Florida and Alabama.

Not surprising since we nabbed 5-star and 2006-2007 class #1 TE Aaron Hernandez last year.

Mecca
01-05-2008, 02:35 PM

He had a UGA, UF and LSU hat sitting on the table in front of them, he spread them out and put the UF one in the middle..he picked it up like he was going there and popped a OU hat out from under it and put that on...

DaKCMan AP
01-05-2008, 02:36 PM
He had a UGA, UF and LSU hat sitting on the table in front of them, he spread them out and put the UF one in the middle..he picked it up like he was going there and popped a OU hat out from under it and put that on...

That's pretty funny LMAO

doomy3
01-05-2008, 02:37 PM

Oh, I missed that. I was talking about something else alltogether DaKCMan AP.

DaKCMan AP
01-05-2008, 02:39 PM
WR Deion Walker chooses ND

Mecca
01-05-2008, 02:40 PM
This guy in the under armour game, Julio Jones the WR, he's damn impressive.

DaKCMan AP
01-05-2008, 02:42 PM
This guy in the under armour game, Julio Jones the WR, he's damn impressive.

Hopefully he will be a Gator. His official visit is set for 1/18.

DaKCMan AP
01-05-2008, 02:46 PM
DB Patrick Johnson will go to LSU :banghead:

Mecca
01-05-2008, 02:46 PM
LSU goes into Florida and steals a guy...

DaKCMan AP
01-05-2008, 02:47 PM
LSU goes into Florida and steals a guy...

He was a strong Miami recruit and just decommitted from there just recently.

doomy3
01-05-2008, 02:49 PM
seems like LSU is set to dominate the SEC for a few years

OmahaChief

Partially correct. Shannon stopped recruiting him when his Dad started demanding money. LSU was the high bidder.

Mecca
Well he knew that Miami would suck regardless....there's really no excuse for that team sucking but it does...

Just like a team like UCLA there is 0 excuse for those teams to be bad.

Mecca
01-05-2008, 02:51 PM
Partially correct. Shannon stopped recruiting him when his Dad started demanding money. LSU was the high bidder.

Why do those accusations always get thrown around when a guy decides to go to a different school than expected?

LSU fans and the like flipped out when Joe McKnight didn't go there, so then obviously USC cheated. It never fails a team doesn't get a player because the other school "cheated".

OmahaChief
01-05-2008, 02:52 PM
Well he knew that Miami would suck regardless....there's really no excuse for that team sucking but it does...

Just like a team like UCLA there is 0 excuse for those teams to be bad.

Kinda like USC not many years back. It all goes in cycles. From 89-01 USC was irrelevant. Now you are not at some point you will struggle again. Every team does.

OmahaChief
01-05-2008, 02:56 PM
Why do those accusations always get thrown around when a guy decides to go to a different school than expected?

LSU fans and the like flipped out when Joe McKnight didn't go there, so then obviously USC cheated. It never fails a team doesn't get a player because the other school "cheated".

In the case of McKnight USC has already proven it cheats with the entire Reggie Busch fiasco and the Jarrett living arrangements. I figure people feel the precedent was set them for USC to be crooked. Until then I never would have doubted they were clean.

For LSU or a lot of SEC schools there is a laundry list of documented issues like those at Bama that lead a lot to think that the SEC is crooked. One example is DeWayne Bowe at LSU. Another kid Miami was recruiting until all of a sudden his Grandma was able to afford a new house and Bowed was rollin in an Escalade. Keep in mind Bowe's Granny was poor and there was no way for her to afford a new house.

DaKCMan AP
01-05-2008, 02:57 PM
seems like LSU is set to dominate the SEC for a few years

ROFL

Typically 5-7 SEC schools finish in the top 20 recruiting classes every year.

Shit, last year 7 SEC schools were in the top 10 recruiting classes. There is no such thing as a team dominating that conference.

doomy3
01-05-2008, 02:58 PM
ROFL

Typically 5-7 SEC schools finish in the top 20 recruiting classes every year.

No?

So, it's your stance that Florida is in a better position than LSU for the next few years?

Mecca
01-05-2008, 02:59 PM
I don't worry about it because fact is if it's as widespread as most people seem to think it is, is it really cheating if everyone does it?

OmahaChief
01-05-2008, 03:00 PM
OL Matt Patchan who was invited but isn't playing in this game shunned Miami to commit to Florida today. :)

Big loss for the Canes. That 48-0 assbeating UM took by VA was the clincher for UF I think.

My only issue with Patchan is he ran his mouth about UM not having any heart and things like that. Which was true in my opinion. Then he spurns UM instead of being part of the solution. He seems to bit a bit of a frontrunner as he left his old high school to go to another to attempt to win a state title. He lost to the boys from Booker T that are going to UM though. UF is more title ready then UM so it was his choice.

SoCalBronco
01-05-2008, 03:01 PM

He was NEVER a strong Miami recruit. He refused to see Miami coaches when they came by his school to see him numerous times. PJ can have his money, let him go to L$U.

DaKCMan AP
01-05-2008, 03:01 PM
No?

So, it's your stance that Florida is in a better position than LSU for the next few years?

What's your argument that LSU is clearly in a better position, in fact good enough to dominate?

We had the #1 recruiting class last year and #2 the prior. We'll probably finish top-10 (definitely top-15) again this year.

SoCalBronco
01-05-2008, 03:02 PM
Big loss for the Canes. That 48-0 assbeating UM took by VA was the clincher for UF I think.

My only issue with Patchan is he ran his mouth about UM not having any heart and things like that. Which was true in my opinion. Then he spurns UM instead of being part of the solution. He seems to bit a bit of a frontrunner as he left his old high school to go to another to attempt to win a state title. He lost to the boys from Booker T that are going to UM though. UF is more title ready then UM so it was his choice.

I'm pretty sure his Dad and Uncle will never show their face at a UM game/alumni get together or event again. Good. They're no longer welcome at Dolphin Stadium as far as I'm concerned.

DaKCMan AP
01-05-2008, 03:03 PM
I'm pretty sure his Dad and Uncle will never show their face at a UM game/alumni get together or event again. Good. They're no longer welcome at Dolphin Stadium as far as I'm concerned.

LMAO

Sorry, I love how the Canes homefield is now "Dolphins Stadium".

OmahaChief
I don't worry about it because fact is if it's as widespread as most people seem to think it is, is it really cheating if everyone does it?

I would say it is but that is strictly my opinion. If stealing is against the law and a bunch of people are doing it, it does not make it right. Totally different circumstances than football but the same logic could apply.

Mecca
I seriously crack up at the L$u or U$C stuff...whenever another program is on top people must do that...

I'm sure the great Hurricanes were the exception when they were great though huh, they weren't like the big bad LSU's and USC's.

OmahaChief
01-05-2008, 03:04 PM

Could not agree more. The only person that seemed to stay loyal was his Mom that was in tears. And from all accounts not tears of joy.

SoCalBronco
01-05-2008, 03:05 PM
Could not agree more. The only person that seemed to stay loyal was his Mom that was in tears. And from all accounts not tears of joy.

Yeah...I saw that.....its too bad....at least Mrs. Patchan is still a real Cane.

Mecca
01-05-2008, 03:06 PM
Man the kid can go where he wants, that's almost as bad as when Vidal Hazeltons dad tried to make him go to Penn State.

OmahaChief
01-05-2008, 03:06 PM
I seriously crack up at the L$u or U$C stuff...whenever another program is on top people must do that...

I'm sure the great Hurricanes were the exception when they were great though huh, they weren't like the big bad LSU's and USC's.

When the Canes were great their were issues. The Pell Grant scandal almost killed the team. The Canes have never been associated with the paying of players since then though and we have won a couple of NCs since then.

OmahaChief
01-05-2008, 03:08 PM
Man the kid can go where he wants, that's almost as bad as when Vidal Hazeltons dad tried to make him go to Penn State.

No one is saying he can not nor was he obligated to go to UM in any way. My issue is him running his mouth like a big man and then tucking tail when the shit hit the fan and running to UF.

SoCalBronco
LMAO

Sorry, I love how the Canes homefield is now "Dolphins Stadium".

I don't like typing Dolphin Stadium but what can you do, its a better revenue stream and better for recruiting....I wish they had renovated the Orange Bowl earlier though.....it hurt very much seeing us make the formal announcement that we would be leaving.

DaKCMan AP
No?

There's a reason no school has repeated as SEC Champion since Tennessee in 97-98 and Florida from 93-96

SoCalBronco
01-05-2008, 03:10 PM

Let him go to Florida with his girlfriend......he's a frontrunner. He talked about how much he loved the U so much, his whole family are Canes and then criticized the effort...why don't you be part of the solution? He already admitted that this Miami incoming class is a historic one, yet he wants instant gratification. Fine....let him go to Hogtown, I don't really care.

He'll end up just like Jonathon Colon and Dee Webb.

And BTW this line of argumentation is EXTREMELY HYPOCRITICAL COMING FROM YOU. Where were you when Whitney Lewis was dying to go to Florida State to be with his buddy Lorenzo Booker but his Mom blocked him and forced him to sign with USC.....he never wanted to be there and it showed, you ruined him and he transferred to some Div-1aa school. So dont turn around and tell me "let him go where he wants to go".

Mecca
01-05-2008, 03:38 PM
Whitney should have gone to FSU like he wanted, I won't even argue that. He shouldn't have come to SC he never panned out mostly because he didn't want to be there is my view.

I think it works that way all the time, he should have gone where he wanted, I'll always say that no matter what way it goes. If you make a guy go where he doesn't want to be it doesn't work...Whitney wasn't good for us at all.

CoMoChief
01-05-2008, 03:53 PM

you mean U$C?

Mecca
01-05-2008, 04:03 PM
And there it is.....USC gets recruits because they are good and have a coach that they believe can put them in the NFL..

Any school that has that will get recruits.

Sam Hall
01-05-2008, 04:59 PM
As one of the resident Husker fans, I think we should stop kissing these kid's asses and wait to see if they can handle college football. Not only that, recruiting is important, but coaching is more important.

Go Baker Steinkuhler

Frazod
01-05-2008, 05:40 PM
Hey Sam, how'd you think Gabbert looked?

Hmm?

:Poke:

Sam Hall
01-05-2008, 06:19 PM
Hey Sam, how'd you think Gabbert looked?

Hmm?

:Poke:

I didn't watch the game. I can't fault him for leaving after the coach who recruited him was fired. The new staff has a good chance to sign a kid named Kody Spano.

I just don't care about number of stars and rankings anymore. I doubt Pinkel and Mangino care, either. Coaches know more than those recruiting analysts. Many of the best players in college football and the NFL were not highly recruited. Coaching and a kid's determination to succeed are what matters.